PDA

View Full Version : Factions no longer locked 100% during WD

Bobar
04-12-2014, 03:35 AM
Compareable to full assault, the factions are no longer locked 100% during WD-Battles.

I noticed, as a freeloader was given access to the team during WD accidently by an officer. But it is not possible to get him off again :-( I canīt kick him out.
Gree does not correct our mistake and says the player has to stay inside till the end of battle - Thanks Gree!

And you can swop the status from officer to member and vice versa.

Cannibalpaul
04-12-2014, 04:16 AM
Mistake was accepting him, and it is nice to promote and demote.

Bobar
04-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Mistake was accepting him, and it is nice to promote and demote.

Sure it was, i am telling you to avoid more

Fodder
04-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Compareable to full assault, the factions are no longer locked 100% during WD-Battles.

I noticed, as a freeloader was given access to the team during WD accidently by an officer. But it is not possible to get him off again :-( I canīt kick him out.
Gree does not correct our mistake and says the player has to stay inside till the end of battle - Thanks Gree!

Are you able to leave one faction and join another or do you have to not be in a faction?

JustTVH
04-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Yes. But, once in 2nd faction your locked in.

erickd271
04-12-2014, 08:30 AM
GREE we want answers! This is a serious problem as to why you never told us anything about this!

Thorns
04-12-2014, 09:06 AM
If people can join a faction during WD now, then as Leader I need to be able to kick members during war too. This is crazy, Gree, make up your mind, and maybe, just maybe, consider letting us know when you're going to change something like this!!! If they can get in, we should be able to kick too. :mad:

Kennetth
04-12-2014, 10:14 AM
You let him in by mistake, but it was an officer YOU appointed who did it. Don't blame Gree for your mistake.

And kicking during WD has been covered exhaustively. In NO way should this ever be allowed to happen, of back and read the discussions on this topic.

TheDanimal
04-12-2014, 11:08 AM
I can see why Gree won't let leaders boot people from factions during war.... That would be a valuable tool to remove current targets and ponies for the opposition. IMO, I don't think leaders should be allowed to boot people during battle.

HOWEVER, I do think it would be interesting to experiment with letting leaders boot people during wd, but as long as the faction is not currently in a battle. Would be a simple logic statement, no?
If faction at war, then lock faction
Else, unlock faction

Bobar
04-12-2014, 11:22 AM
You let him in by mistake, but it was an officer YOU appointed who did it. Don't blame Gree for your mistake.

And kicking during WD has been covered exhaustively. In NO way should this ever be allowed to happen, of back and read the discussions on this topic.

read my post, i am not whining and blaming gree for our mistake. only thing i accuse gree for: they did not inform about this serious change.

they changed it without any need.

Mastert55!
04-12-2014, 11:28 AM
To kick a freeloader so he doesn't get any prizes? That would be an awesome plan. But imagine if you have a short tempered leader? You accidentally declare war or piss him off AND you score sufficient points? That is risky and cause a lot of problems.

Bobar
04-12-2014, 11:35 AM
To kick a freeloader so he doesn't get any prizes? That would be an awesome plan. But imagine if you have a short tempered leader? You accidentally declare war or piss him off AND you score sufficient points? That is risky and cause a lot of problems.

i am not talking about being able to dismiss players during the war in general. a team should be formed before the battle and go through it and freeloaders allready recognized. but someone wanted to show another person, that entering a faction during the battles is NOT possible. but it suddenly was! bad surprise

Kennetth
04-12-2014, 01:14 PM
I can see why Gree won't let leaders boot people from factions during war.... That would be a valuable tool to remove current targets and ponies for the opposition. IMO, I don't think leaders should be allowed to boot people during battle.

HOWEVER, I do think it would be interesting to experiment with letting leaders boot people during wd, but as long as the faction is not currently in a battle. Would be a simple logic statement, no?
If faction at war, then lock faction
Else, unlock faction
No, sometimes there's an argument or misunderstanding, and someone could be arbitrarily removed. WD is the biggest event in the game. Say someone expended an entire vault of gold in a top 150, but the leader decided that the person was 2k WD points short of what he expected. If the leader boots, that is a massive loss to the player who gave a vault to the faction, and he just lost an investment of real money. There is top much risk for abuse to allow kicking players during WD. If you pick up a freeloader, oh well. You kick him, then place him on the international blacklist (not found on this forum of course).

LB moose
04-13-2014, 05:18 AM
i am not talking about being able to dismiss players during the war in general. a team should be formed before the battle and go through it and freeloaders allready recognized. but someone wanted to show another person, that entering a faction during the battles is NOT possible. but it suddenly was! bad surprise

If you try to toss someone you will be told that under full assault you cannot remove gree did not put wd rule in place during this war that is why you were able to accept and promote and demote !

GEMH
04-13-2014, 09:52 AM

I am inquiring with our Devs to confirm whether these changes have been made. When I have more information I'll update here.

Bobar
04-13-2014, 12:48 PM
I am inquiring with our Devs to confirm whether these changes have been made. When I have more information I'll update here.

A part of this issue was told your support with ticket #1524810. I changed office status now several times. It IS possible (which is a good fact indeed).

Letting other players in (at least without not informing about) is not.

Seems to me as it is the way as it has been during the full assault event.

Maybe you should have a meeting, talking about the importance of public relations. I mean you admins are Greeīs mouth (and ears). CJ promised better communications with us. But who could you do, if the devs are not informing you?

Thorm V2
04-13-2014, 02:46 PM
If you leave a faction during WD, can you rejoin the same faction during the same WD event with the same account?

MaverickINsc
04-13-2014, 03:16 PM
If you leave a faction during WD, can you rejoin the same faction during the same WD event with the same account?

if this is full assault rules the only people who can join must already be outside ANY faction when wd starts....they could then join during event...once inside faction they are locked in....but again we were not told that this change was implemented

Kennetth
04-13-2014, 04:13 PM

As long as the official rules are spelled out, so there are no surprises once WD has already started is good enough. Just inform us of any changes in advance.

Digger666
04-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Should be an option where the leader can input the factions minimum WD score before war. Those that don't meet the minimums don't share in the prizes. Happens far to often where players join a faction with promises of greatness, only to end up riding on the back of good paying players. Simple solution that gree should think about.

jinjack292
04-13-2014, 10:22 PM
I think gree should a system for requirement wd points for example.
B4 the war event start, the leader can a set a requirement of wd points every players need to scores during the war, n lead everyone knows about the requirement. Once the war start, the requirement can't b change. If the players meet the requirement wd points for the war, then, the leader can't kick him/her out of the faction during the war event. If the players don't meet the requirement, then , the leader has the right to kick them out.
Simple n easy right. U can kick out the freeloader n can't kick players that meet the requirement wd

Wdigeorge
04-14-2014, 12:43 AM
This is messed up. No players should be able to enter the faction after the WD started. On the 6th war we had a new player added to our faction. He was not in the waiting room before the WD and non one in my faction let him in. Now he's the weakest link in our faction racking up 7000+ losses and counting. Basically sabotaging our WD event.

These glitches have become the norm and a joke. I am truly disappointed in the developers ability to put out a quality product. Mistakes happen but should not be the norm for every event. If they worked for my company i would have fired all of them by now.

Crammer
04-14-2014, 04:57 AM
Unless you are the leader and have no officers.. this isn't the case. Sounds like you have an officer to root out and dismiss. Pretty sure both belong to one person.

Mcdoc
04-14-2014, 05:29 AM
I would never want anyone to have boot ability during WD. Already had to recently deal with a Prozac leader (not VFF - even though I was there to help) who kept booting people on a whim just in regular play AND several times have seen people join to help win a goal and get booted by a trigger happy leader 13 seconds after the event - before prizes were awarded - and then the mess of asking agree to fix afterwards is a nightmare.

On the slacker joining mod-stream - he isn't the problem - he was probably just a hopeful - the problem is the one who accepted him to begin with - probably the mini of an existing officer (just a guess).

good luck :)

Flash0810
04-14-2014, 08:17 AM

GEMH

I had 2 accounts by 1 player leave during WD and another account from another player leave during WD. I was also able to bring in a player into the faction during WD. So something has seriously changed during this WD!

Infected
04-14-2014, 01:17 PM
an easy fix for "who let PLAYER Y in" = AUTOPOST

remember when they added autopost for donations... it cluttered up the in-game forum but most teams use a third party chat app anyway...

"Player z donated 10 blocks"
"Player x let player y in"
"Player wtf has declared war"

it would need to be a "locked autopost" so it can't be deleted...

GeoffW
04-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Did anybody notice what happened to WD points when someone left. It used to be that if you left all points that you had contributed were wiped out. Is that still the case?

GEMH
04-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Here's what happened: Our developers have changed the way factions function during World Domination. It is now the same as Full Assault. If you are in a faction at the start of the event, you may leave the faction, but you cannot join another faction. If you are not in a faction at the start of the event, you may join a faction. Players must be approved in order to join a faction. Apologies that this change was not communicated prior to the start of the event.

Flash0810
04-17-2014, 05:32 AM
Here's what happened: Our developers have changed the way factions function during World Domination. It is now the same as Full Assault. If you are in a faction at the start of the event, you may leave the faction, but you cannot join another faction. If you are not in a faction at the start of the event, you may join a faction. Players must be approved in order to join a faction. Apologies that this change was not communicated prior to the start of the event.

GEMH

I understand that developers are always adding features to the game as well as changing them. Is there a way that the Mods / Admins here can create a locked post / sticky and state what changes are being added / changed instead of constant complaints like this one. It would have been nice to know prior to the fact instead of being in total darkness.

Not every single change has to be listed but some general idea of what is being changed (instead of the once in a blue moon posts you guys are doing now). When the development team is working on changes or updates to the game / system, they will already have this info so posting it here is not that hard of a problem.

Maz
05-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Is this still the current case? We had a buddy wishing to hop ship as dirty as it is yes during wd as a lack of team expectations pre wd.

I had saw this and made mention of it but didn't want to risk it. Are we still able to leave or join a faction in wd

lemonhaze
05-24-2014, 02:28 PM
if u was not in a faction then u can join but as stated u cannot leave one faction and join another

Bobar
05-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Is this still the current case? We had a buddy wishing to hop ship as dirty as it is yes during wd as a lack of team expectations pre wd.

I had saw this and made mention of it but didn't want to risk it. Are we still able to leave or join a faction in wd

you can join a faction if you havenīt been in one. but you cannot hop. once you leave a faction during wd, you cannot join another team

Maz
05-24-2014, 04:02 PM
Tha ks much for the clarification, I read the post but was 90% sure I had heard of someone hopping, so u can join just so long as ur not in one when wd starts, thanks again

redvenge99
05-24-2014, 04:19 PM
I left came back left again came back then got locked in might have because it was the same faction??

ploop
05-24-2014, 04:20 PM
whats the freeloaders name and lvl?

ScrewThis
05-24-2014, 05:02 PM

Do you guys actually talk to each other? I was in a faction at the start of WD, left and joined another faction at their request. I lost my points and individual war points (had to start all over) but you CAN be in a faction when it starts, LEAVE and JOIN another faction.

GEMH you are just wrong here.

Flash0810
05-27-2014, 04:40 AM
Do you guys actually talk to each other? I was in a faction at the start of WD, left and joined another faction at their request. I lost my points and individual war points (had to start all over) but you CAN be in a faction when it starts, LEAVE and JOIN another faction.

ScrewThis

You are 100% correct here! I had Officers pull several players into our faction that I know belonged to other factions (as I had members who had 2nd accounts in the other faction). Basically the way I see it is that nobody over in GREE talks to each other and confirms the information fully. Until the developers gets a boot up their back sides and starts communicating the correct information, you will always see a laid back approach to communication coming forward. My view now is not to trust a dang thing that comes from GREE period. The information that they release isn't 100% accurate and also they don't notify anyone about changes unless a stink is brought up in the forums!

Maz
05-27-2014, 08:44 AM

I am an officer on my faction, after being told from this thread it wasn't possible, I still heard in game it was.

I tried myself to leave my faction and was given an error and unable to even leave.

Maybe being officer rank in a faction has some bearing on leaving and joining, just a thought cause that's all I can see as being diff in my case.

Flash0810
05-27-2014, 09:42 AM
I am an officer on my faction, after being told from this thread it wasn't possible, I still heard in game it was.

I tried myself to leave my faction and was given an error and unable to even leave.

Maybe being officer rank in a faction has some bearing on leaving and joining, just a thought cause that's all I can see as being diff in my case.

I know for a fact that one of the players who joined my faction was an Officer in the previous faction. I'm still at a loss on this one.

ScrewThis
05-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Okay for me it worked when I left straight after a battle was finished, before the next one was declared. I was accepted into the other faction also in-between battles. I guess the trick is, you should leave and be accepted at a time when the faction is not at war and hasn't declared yet. Try that next time. It sure worked for me.

Maz
05-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Okay for me it worked when I left straight after a battle was finished, before the next one was declared. I was accepted into the other faction also in-between battles. I guess the trick is, you should leave and be accepted at a time when the faction is not at war and hasn't declared yet. Try that next time. It sure worked for me.

Ahh yes ok this would be the case as I was trying in the midst of a battle. That would be the diff in our situations. Thanks for the clarifications and help in the matter, guess I just assumed something worked as mentioned when I got the error ,. My bad :-) Glad to know this will work tho and when to do it, may be of use later as we lost a guy who wanted to join this past wd and given the circumstance we lost out I guess.

ScrewThis
05-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Don't assume what worked this past WD will work next time. We are dealing with Gree and their sandbox, after all.

robmurphy
07-05-2014, 04:34 AM

GEMH, cal I please clarify;

1. If you are in a faction when the war starts, you can leave that faction, but you cannot then rejoin any faction during the rest of that war.
2. If you are not in a faction when the war starts, you can join any faction in the normal manner (you request, a faction officer then admits you)

Is that correct?

Mw09P
07-05-2014, 04:55 AM
I agree. Leaders should be able to boot players between battles. This would spice things up

robmurphy
07-05-2014, 03:57 PM
GEMH, cal I please clarify;

1. If you are in a faction when the war starts, you can leave that faction, but you cannot then rejoin any faction during the rest of that war.
2. If you are not in a faction when the war starts, you can join any faction in the normal manner (you request, a faction officer then admits you)

Is that correct?

Come on Gree. This is important, please answer.

Maz
07-05-2014, 04:07 PM
As of last wd you were able to freely move between factions INBETWEEN wars. I left mine after main finished a battle and was able to join our mini faction while they also were not at war then returned to main faction. I'm not sure how it is this current wd but just saying I they haven't changed anything your free to hop inbetween wars. If your concerned get a low use acc to try it out first.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?92945-Changes-Made-to-WD-Events

Apparently even the devs don't know how wd event works.

DaMiAn-SoLiD
07-05-2014, 04:20 PM
(current wd) testing with a low level account i was able to leave the faction i was in at start of wd & join another but cant leave the 2nd faction, i got error saying factions locked (no battles going on)

robmurphy
07-06-2014, 12:23 AM
It's very important we know how this works.

How do you get an answer out of Gree these days? Can you PM the mods?

The questions are simple;