PDA

View Full Version : Please Change Full Assault Rewards System

manbeast
04-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Dear Gree,

I love the changes you have made from the first Full Assault event to the second:
-from 3 days to one-excellent
-5 minute battles to 20-sweet
-30 min wars to hour wars-wow!
-in game chatroom works much better

It seems that you guys have actually listened to us and are really trying to improve the event and I applaud you for that. I'm one of the rare people here who likes full assault and hope it continues, but only if you change the rewards system.

The problem with the current rewards system is you are not rewarded for doing your best and fighting hard. You are rewarded mostly on luck and a little planning.

I'll elaborate: My faction and I want air boosts. We prefer attack over defense, but as long as it's air then we are happy. For 80% of the event we hovered around 40th place. Air attack boost was at top 20 and top 70. Everything in the middle was garbage as far as we were concerned. With 4 hrs to go we decide top 20 is out of reach and we will try to slide back to top 70. We did absolutely nothing for 4 battles. This is not fun and not good for GREE cause nobody is spending gold when we are trying to fall back in rank...

Our final battle concludes and we are still in 58th position with 30 mins remaining in the event. We needed to fall 3 places and a lot of us didn't think it would happen, but it did. At the end of the event everyone in the faction saw us at 68th, but then we get a splash screen and reward for being in 72nd with Sea boost.. Absolutely useless as far as I'm concerned.

I firmly believe we deserve the top 70 unit and basically got cheated out of it bc of this system. In those 4 battles where we did nothing we could have easily made the points required, but it was impossible to know how much or how little needed to be scored.

I would honestly rather have the top 175 or top 350 prize than this top 80 prize that I received, which when you think about it is pretty messed up.. SO IT NEEDS FIXING.

Solution A: Make the prizes stack like WD. Getting a better rank is always better because you get more units and more boosts for being higher.

Solution B: Keep the current prizes, but allow each member of the faction to choose which prize he or she wants based on their rank and below. So in my case, I finished top 80, but I am free to choose the top 175 prize. If this solution was in effect my faction would have fought to maintain position (top 50) and then I would have chosen top 70 prize..getting a higher rank is always better cause it gives you more units to choose from. Maybe one person in the faction wanted top 50..

Either solution is good for the players AND GOOD FOR GREE! Players will fight harder to move up leaderboard farther, which means more gold use! Or more people buying vaults of cash for units lol

Which solution does the forum like better?

Gerard Figallo
04-11-2014, 12:43 AM
My faction faced the same problem as you guys, however we were lucky enough to finish 62nd. I believe your faction deserves the price also mate. Those last few hours were slow and painful knowing your fate is in control of other factions. The option B you suggested is great and would work.

Pidgeot
04-11-2014, 01:05 AM
They should award all rewards for your tier and lower. Prizes are not good enough.

krabbie
04-11-2014, 01:21 AM
I was thinking about a more simple solution, give the reward of your rank and the reward of the rank just below your faction, that way you will probably get an attack and a defence reward and you dont have to worry about scoring too many points in the final battles

RetiredAndHappy
04-11-2014, 03:11 AM
Same as us.. Could they make the leaderboard real time.. just like in WDs? (I do realise it lags a bit still)

jinjack292
04-11-2014, 05:27 AM
I was thinking about a more simple solution, give the reward of your rank and the reward of the rank just below your faction, that way you will probably get an attack and a defence reward and you dont have to worry about scoring too many points in the final battles

Then there is no way u can beat the top 10 or 75 factions in the future.

Sheldor Sir
04-11-2014, 06:12 AM
forgot option C............................bin it

MagicMark
04-11-2014, 06:47 AM
That's funny ...the same exact thing happened to our faction and we came in 59th place!
Dear Gree,

I love the changes you have made from the first Full Assault event to the second:
-from 3 days to one-excellent
-5 minute battles to 20-sweet
-30 min wars to hour wars-wow!
-in game chatroom works much better

It seems that you guys have actually listened to us and are really trying to improve the event and I applaud you for that. I'm one of the rare people here who likes full assault and hope it continues, but only if you change the rewards system.

The problem with the current rewards system is you are not rewarded for doing your best and fighting hard. You are rewarded mostly on luck and a little planning.

I'll elaborate: My faction and I want air boosts. We prefer attack over defense, but as long as it's air then we are happy. For 80% of the event we hovered around ī place. Air attack boost was at top 20 and top 70. Everything in the middle was garbage as far as we were concerned. With 4 hrs to go we decide top 20 is out of reach and we will try to slide back to top 70. We did absolutely nothing for 4 battles. This is not fun and not good for GREE cause nobody is spending gold when we are trying to fall back in rank...

Our final battle concludes and we are still in 58th position with 30 mins remaining in the event. We needed to fall 3 places and a lot of us didn't think it would happen, but it did. At the end of the event everyone in the faction saw us at 68th, but then we get a splash screen and reward for being in 72nd with Sea boost.. Absolutely useless as far as I'm concerned.

I firmly believe we deserve the top 70 unit and basically got cheated out of it bc of this system. In those 4 battles where we did nothing we could have easily made the points required, but it was impossible to know how much or how little needed to be scored.

I would honestly rather have the top 175 or top 350 prize than this top 80 pri

Solution A: Make the prizes stack like WD. Getting a better rank is always better because you get more units and more boosts for being higher.

Solution B: Keep the current prizes, but allow each member of the faction to choose which prize he or she wants based on their rank and below. So in my case, I finished top 80, but I am free to choose the top 175 prize. If this solution was in effect my faction would have fought to maintain position (top 50) and then I would have chosen top 70 prize..getting a higher rank is always better cause it gives you more units to choose from. Maybe one person in the faction wanted top 50..

Either solution is good for the players AND GOOD FOR GREE! Players will fight harder to move up leaderboard farther, which means more gold use! Or more people buying vaults of cash for units lol

Which solution does the forum like better?

bam bam.
04-11-2014, 07:03 AM

Option C, definitely option C.

BIG DH
04-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Option C, definitely option C.

Each and every player has option C available to them, they just choose not to use it.

buckshot
04-11-2014, 09:24 AM
@ manbeast, you faction rolled the dice and lost. You shouldn't get the prize you wanted. You got what you deserved

Crammer
04-11-2014, 09:40 AM
System is fine… if the rewards don't entice you to participate, then don't. If it worked just like WD then it wouldn't be different. It adds a dynamic that some factions will adapt and exploit because others hate. Other factions may choose to have a free weekend. Huge fan of the one prize. Its brings out a whole new discussion for teams.

FYI, I would have preferred a different prize in a lower tier, but that doesn't mean the design is broken. Playing down and finishing in a tier lower than my desired prize would have been even worse.

reesiepuff
04-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Option D .. Keep it how it is

mxz
04-11-2014, 02:55 PM
I suggested Solution B to them right after it ended. Seems shortsighted to encourage people not to play to drop rank and get better prizes; understanding that stat inflation is already bonkers - having the large bonuses given out stack would likely dilute the prizes or further devalue the time/effort/gold mix put into previous prizes.

manbeast
04-12-2014, 11:29 AM
I'm surprised that B is winning. I would've thought everyone would say A. I voted B but I kinda doubt it's even possible for the code writers to make it happen

@ manbeast, you faction rolled the dice and lost. You shouldn't get the prize you wanted. You got what you deserved

You missed the point of my thread. Prizes shouldn't be a roll of the dice they should be a decision. No matter how much effort or gold I had I could not have landed in top 70 because it's pure luck. When the event timer ran out we were sitting in 68th so we should have been top 70.

System is fine… if the rewards don't entice you to participate, then don't. If it worked just like WD then it wouldn't be different. It adds a dynamic that some factions will adapt and exploit because others hate. Other factions may choose to have a free weekend. Huge fan of the one prize. Its brings out a whole new discussion for teams.

FYI, I would have preferred a different prize in a lower tier, but that doesn't mean the design is broken. Playing down and finishing in a tier lower than my desired prize would have been even worse.

Not for us. Top 60 prize was lousy infantry defense boost that nobody wanted. Nobody wanted top 80 sea attack either but still attack boost from top 80 is better than defense boost from top 60 which is messed up.

I am also a fan of the one prize. But I do not like the fact that I would rather finish top 20 or 70 than finish number 1. Add to the fact it's pure luck and there's no way secure the prize you really want.

I suggested Solution B to them right after it ended. Seems shortsighted to encourage people not to play to drop rank and get better prizes; understanding that stat inflation is already bonkers - having the large bonuses given out stack would likely dilute the prizes or further devalue the time/effort/gold mix put into previous prizes.

Glad to see u still around bro

yoyo1
04-13-2014, 10:24 AM
excuse me for asking, does faction rewards stack up in WD?
so if I ended up at top 750 I get also the top 1000?

reesiepuff
04-13-2014, 10:58 AM
excuse me for asking, does faction rewards stack up in WD?
so if I ended up at top 750 I get also the top 1000?

that is correct

Dirty Mind
04-13-2014, 11:03 AM
definitely this one