PDA

View Full Version : War Algorithm Change

reesiepuff
04-10-2014, 03:32 PM
I thought Gree had stated they were gonna change the WD point algorithm so difference of attacker and opponents level had a lesser effect, among other things .. is this ever happening?

Tardavic
04-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Thanks for posting your question.

We will get with our developers and ask them what the status is on this, and will try to get back to you once we know more.

reesiepuff
04-10-2014, 04:27 PM

We will get with our developers and ask them what the status is on this, and will try to get back to you once we know more.

Thank you for the quick reply Tardavic;)

reesiepuff
04-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Is there any information on this?

TheDanimal
04-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Interested to hear what the changes will be...

Pidgeot
04-19-2014, 02:50 PM
This was a problem for the faction Im with. One war we should have won but the problem was we were getting like 100 WD per attack and our opponents were getting way more per attack.

Delicious
04-19-2014, 03:04 PM
In other words, you would have won if you had scored more points than your opponents?

This was a problem for the faction Im with. One war we should have won but the problem was we were getting like 100 WD per attack and our opponents were getting way more per attack.

lemonhaze
04-19-2014, 03:17 PM

should have switched to PAs for alot more points faster..u alll would have won had u dumped more gold then the other lool

Dirty Mind
04-19-2014, 03:31 PM
In other words, you would have won if you had scored more points than your opponents?
hahahaaa
Gree must have done something because for the first time in the history of WD, there was not a single thread complaining about matchups. I thought they were extremely even myself. As for the points, they were all over the place, but what can you do?

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
04-19-2014, 03:41 PM

TheOracle posted in February 2014 that "WD matchup algorithm is being worked on and the amount of battle points you get from fighting players is also being changed. Level difference will no longer be a factor and scouting out which player to attack will play a larger role."
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/33/jmub.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/0xjmubj)

Jerle said to ignore the post above 1-month ago.

You should ignore that post. Several things mentioned in there are still in progress, that was posted way too early. Matching changes are in this war, but no points changes are currently in effect.

Will this be released in 4.0.1? It would be nice to get an answer. :confused:

Thorm V2
04-19-2014, 07:28 PM
This is a change they're making in CC.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?89310-Influence-Points-Change-for-Upcoming-Battle-for-Empire-City-4-18-4-21

lemonhaze
04-19-2014, 07:39 PM
This is a change they're making in CC.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?89310-Influence-Points-Change-for-Upcoming-Battle-for-Empire-City-4-18-4-21
doesnt appear no one is happy with it lol..nothing surprises me anymore in this game..

robmurphy
04-20-2014, 03:23 AM
Sorry guys, I started a very similar thread at the same time. I've tried to ask the question by focussing on trying to establish what is the predominate influencer on the WD match ups? Here is the basic question I posted;

Guys, apologies as I know there have been lots of posts on this subject, but do we know the latest logic on how factions are matched up in wars?

I know we'll never see the actual Gree algorithm, but what is it predominately based on?

I believe a while ago, it was based on total attack strength, which is why streak teams worked so well, I.e.;

Faction 1 - 10 members @ 50m strength each = 500M total faction strength
Vs.
Faction 2 - 40 members @ 12.5M strength each = 500M total faction strength

Therefore, faction 2 would struggle to beat anyone in faction 1. But faction 1 would find it easy to beat faction 2 players.

But I have been told it's now based on average strength, but surely that would cause equal imbalance based on number of players;

Faction 1 - 10 members @ 50m strength each = 500M total faction strength
Vs.
Faction 2 - 40 members @ 50M strength each = 2,000M total faction strength

Therefore, faction 2 would most often win as they simply have more potential hits?

I know these numbers are very simple, but they make the point easy to understand. So what I am missing? Is the major factor total attack strength, or average attack?

Or something else?

Hope you can help

Ta

Rob

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
04-21-2014, 04:22 PM

Tardavic, do you have any updates you can provide us from the developers?

Tardavic
04-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys for keeping up with this topic of discussion. We currently have no further updates, but as soon as we do we will inform you.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
05-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Obviously, based on other threads this war something changed when we updated to 4.0.2.

Even the match up system appears to be faulty. We are going GOLD free for Zambia, so we are around the Top 500 mark. The last two matches we have been paired with are currently in the Top 100 teams with double the CP points and have higher Stat Sum.

What's up with this picture?

FromAfar
05-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Well umbra,

while i agree something changed, i wouldn't suspect it had to do with the version of the app.

imho, i believe all this sort of thing is done on the backend. i'd feel pretty safe in saying the server(s) are where this type of change is happening. except for the power of observation, and the joke of gree openness, we will never know it happened.

like you, we are going gold free / light gold. mostly the stuff you get from watching videos.

Obviously, based on other threads this war something changed when we updated to 4.0.2.

Even the match up system appears to be faulty. We are going GOLD free for Zambia, so we are around the Top 500 mark. The last two matches we have been paired with are currently in the Top 100 teams with double the CP points and have higher Stat Sum.

What's up with this picture?

Swamp rat
05-04-2014, 02:01 PM
We were around the Top 500 and were matched with many top 75 even one top 25 teams. Then we were around top 300 and that's when we met for the 1st time ever SUP 2. Something has definitely changed in the match ups. And for the person suggesting PA's to better your points. Be careful I've lost 2 I should've won and yes Gree now has a ticket about them.

good gawd noooo
05-04-2014, 05:45 PM
This war has been terrible!!!!! We placed top 400 last war with many of our members burnt out.. this war we will most likelyplace top 400 again. This time because we have faced mostly top 100 teams. And we have also faced sup2 and mcgurt and other super strong teams we NEVER should be matched up with. Cant get points from cc.. well you can but not enough to hold position. This is first time since last change we have had such a total imballance. I dont mind losing a battle we are point team not streakers but i want to have a chance of winning. Also once in a while a butt whooping is in order..again ok.. but against sup 2 we scored 4k to their 278k( btw little dissapointed they didnt score half mil at least).our highest player couldnt hit their lowest and they had more members soo.... how did that matchup happen????? Gree i have watched many long time players leave and i am seriously thinking about it as well. Your game is falling apart and you dont seem to care