PDA

View Full Version : Vault Changes!

SnapOpera
04-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Hey guys,

So there will be a couple of changes to KA 2.4 that you should know about. We''ve switched locations for the vault and the inventory. The vault will now be a tab on your Profile. The inventory (formerly two tabs on your Profile) will now be its own section of the Menu.

They are also changing the inventory to look more like Dragon Realms, and they will be making it possible for players to purchase energy/stamina refills and store them (also like DR), and to be rewarded buildings.

I'm attaching screenshots of the vault/inventory locations in 2.4. I recommend we post these on the forums in the next week or so, to let players know about these changes. Current timeline is submit 2.4 binary to Apple this Friday, 4/11, then wait hopefully not too long for them to approve. Once it's approved, we decided to go or not on our end, then push the new one out.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/kingdomvaultfinal3_zpsf465eafa.png

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/kingdomvaultfinal2_zpscb0b4d36.png

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/kingdomvaultfinal1_zpsd8aef6c0.png

Flipcydesae
04-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up SnapOpera, any thoughts on upping the vault max?

Lucky Day
04-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Why do you need 50k gems? If you're not using them, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands. Haha

Vixia.
04-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Why move the vault? It's perfectly good where it is. I use the vault more often than my inventory, and I want to access it easy and not click, click and click to reach it.

Raistlin-MN
04-10-2014, 07:51 AM
[FONT=arial]They are also changing the inventory to look more like Dragon Realms, and they will be making it possible for players to purchase energy/stamina refills and store them (also like DR), and to be rewarded buildings.

What's Dragon Realms? ;-)

SOG Will
04-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Will there also be a way to know what units are in your active inventory in the future?

Rob.
04-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Why move the vault? It's perfectly good where it is. I use the vault more often than my inventory, and I want to access it easy and not click, click and click to reach it.

and why move the ADD FUNDS to the same spot on the Menu that was previously occupied by the VAULT?

You could have just left ADD FUNDS where it was, then placed INVENTORY in the VAULT spot.

Players will habitually click in the same spot that they did for their Vault. Are you intentionally trying to make them click on ADD FUNDS instead?

Ninja_122
04-10-2014, 11:20 AM
[FONT=arial]Hey guys,

So there will be a couple of changes to KA 2.4 that you should know about. We''ve switched locations for the vault and the inventory. The vault will now be a tab on your Profile. The inventory (formerly two tabs on your Profile) will now be its own section of the Menu.

When is the vault limit going to be increase also? the limit on it currently is obsolete and doesnt allow for any of the major upgrades needed where the player require to have 14M or more to do a single upgrade.

Thank you for the heads up.

Abhi2244
04-10-2014, 07:42 PM
What about Funzio transfer??

Valid or
04-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Why move it? it's the one thing we all use almost everytime we log in, but now it seems like it will be a pain to access and we don't use our inventory for anything other than to check if we were awarded a quest/war reward. Could you please explain why this was done, and how it benefits us as players?

the_bob
04-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Why move it? it's the one thing we all use almost everytime we log in, but now it seems like it will be a pain to access and we don't use our inventory for anything other than to check if we were awarded a quest/war reward. Could you please explain why this was done, and how it benefits us as players?

It does seem like an inconvenient location for such a frequently used feature.

Also, will potions work just like refills do now? In terms of cost and energy gain? Also, will there be any method of receiving these potions like there are in Dragon Realms (or whatever its name is now) such as defeating X opponents in a row, etc?

The red Baron
04-12-2014, 02:09 AM
It does not matter were the inventory is, it would make sense to be able to delete all th senseless loot and units to make the loading quicker.
The vault should be on the first screen as we use it most.

Vixia.
04-12-2014, 06:30 AM
And do you really need to have 'add funds' in the menu? Whats the point in having it in two places? It's enough to have it on the game screen by just clicking on the gems. No need for it to be in the menu too.

garen argon
04-14-2014, 01:00 PM
guys, guys, guys...i'm sure there has been loads of testing done on this new feature; and will be rolled out seamlessly. actually i'm very impressed that they put this info on the forum before releasing the feature. maybe we will see more of this when it comes to war/quest/lte building events in the future.

in the meanwhile; time to stop complaining. just learn to tap tap tap to your vault.

the_bob
04-14-2014, 02:30 PM
guys, guys, guys...i'm sure there has been loads of testing done on this new feature; and will be rolled out seamlessly. actually i'm very impressed that they put this info on the forum before releasing the feature. maybe we will see more of this when it comes to war/quest/lte building events in the future.

in the meanwhile; time to stop complaining. just learn to tap tap tap to your vault.

Are you a Gree shill?

Jcreek201
04-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I think it's a bad idea to move the vault as well. Especially the way they're doing it...How many people just naturally vault they're money without even looking at the screen? I know I do. Surprise surprise, they put the gem purchase button where the vault used to be. How many people do you think will now accidentally by gems while intending to vault their cash just by second nature clicking?

Gree never ceases to amaze me.

Fazz
04-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Seriously!!! What a waste of time developing this change, why not make some modifications that actually improve the game not detract even more from it.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
04-20-2014, 06:27 PM
...Current timeline is submit 2.4 binary to Apple this Friday, 4/11, then wait hopefully not too long for them to approve. Once it's approved, we decided to go or not on our end, then push the new one out...

SnapOpera, is it a "Go" or "No Go" on 2.4? The average Apple app review takes 5-days unless there are some issues. Will you provide us an update? Thanks!

Eliysiam
04-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up but replacing the location of the vault with buying gems is not smart at all!

I do the motions of protecting my money without thinking about and now moving it so that it's harder to access just makes it all the more annoying.

Also, will there be a new vault value? The current one is not useful unless you are beginner.

Please move the vault back to where it was.
Thanks!

Shadows
04-24-2014, 01:36 AM
Hey SnapOpera, hope you guys at Gree are reading this General thread-- sounds like update problems already!!

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?89859-KA-App-quot-Update-quot-Breaks-The-Game!

The red Baron
04-24-2014, 02:57 AM
You have to select a server after the installation of the new update
!production" works for me with new IOS update

Team Zuma
04-24-2014, 04:54 AM
When you install the app update, the opening page shows 10 possible servers and it says "select a server." This is extremely confusing and Gree should fix it!

Team Zuma
04-24-2014, 05:02 AM

I completely agree! Every time I make some gold, I put it in my vault. It's awkward now--too many steps to get to the vault. please move it back.

Fleur
04-24-2014, 09:36 AM
If you want to take good bits from Dragon Realms (Legends of War as it's now called) why don't you just do away with the vault, have no limits and make it unraidable. OK I know you cannot raid people for gold in LoW and it will take the fun out of the game for some but at least we can save up for our big upgrades and only have to remember to collect our buildings before someone else does.
Seriously Gree put the vault back where it was and increase the limit.

The red Baron
04-24-2014, 10:08 AM
We have now buildings and specials in the inventory,
if you fill the building with the list of all we have with level, income per hour, ... its fine if not erase it as its empty

Specials may be the artifical intelligence i did not buy therfore empty too

JamieF
04-25-2014, 01:27 AM
Please put back the vault. And increase it for the high lvl players.

Butch
04-25-2014, 04:06 AM
Part of the fun of this game is that action can be fast moving. The Vault is close to being the most used feature. By moving it off the main menu, you are slowing down the game and adding a frustration factor which is really annoying for people using slower devices like phones. What a terrible change.

rutty
04-25-2014, 08:42 AM
It's almost like they've put the "Add Funds" icon in the Vault's old position so that people might accidentally buy gems...

This change is extremely frustrating and poor UX. Put it back where it was please

Lys
04-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I don't really use the vault much, but it's really annoying that you moved yet another bloody "Purchase items (i.e. bend over the table and hold onto its edge) button in its place.

Pathetic.

Neo Denver
04-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Gree, why are you fixing something (the vault) that's not broken???!! Why don't the developers spend their time on something more useful (ex., increasing the max vault protection) instead of making navigation on the game more cumbersome?

Spock_
04-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Could you tell us, in the new Inventory option, what is under the tabs "Buildings" and "Specials"... Because they are empty, what is their interest ?

Adding features, why not, but at least you could explain what it is about, even in one word...

AndrewH
04-26-2014, 03:46 PM
For what it's worth, I'm extremely unhappy with the vault's new location. Since it's now off the profile screen, there's a considerable delay in being able to access it relative to how things were before.

I'd really prefer it back in the old location.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
04-26-2014, 07:39 PM
I do not like the new Vault Location! Please remove the "ADD FUNDS" from the menu. The Add Funds is really a duplication of what you can already do at the Top of the playing screen.

Kingdommadness
04-27-2014, 08:00 AM
New vault location sucks big time. A wrong GUI decision for sure.

Gendur
04-27-2014, 11:24 AM
remove ADD FUNDS button in menu, it is unnecessary. put back the VAULT there or make all collected gold go automatically in vault.

Krissy
04-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Stupid change of vault. Please change it back. Relocate the buy units button. No one uses it.

SOG Will
04-28-2014, 02:15 PM
I agree with the vault change. This was a terrible decision. You already have a add funds button at the top of the screen. There is no need for it in its current location. Please replace the add funds button with the vault.

Danyal
04-29-2014, 12:27 AM
remove ADD FUNDS button in menu, it is unnecessary. put back the VAULT there or make all collected gold go automatically in vault.

Vault used to be a 2 step actions..now it takes 3 steps.
Add Funds already at top of screen in a 1 step action. Why take the place of vault?

MissD
05-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Please put the vault back where it was.
Please increase the vault limit I can no longer save for upgrades on my higher earning buildings (bored now).
And it irks me that you put ADD FUNDS in place of the vault - this is black hat UX, intentionally trying to dupe us into accidentally spending money. Trust has dropped now.

Thank you

Shadows
05-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Please put the vault back where it was.
Please increase the vault limit I can no longer save for upgrades on my higher earning buildings (bored now).
And it irks me that you put ADD FUNDS in place of the vault - this is black hat UX, intentionally trying to dupe us into accidentally spending money. Trust has dropped now.

Thank you

Well here's the solution for your boredom: go overvault to get enough money for your building upgrades! I guarantee it will be anything but boring! LOL

Johnny56
05-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Everyone open a support request to move vault back to its original location. I've already sent a request in. I ask all of you who do not like this change to do the same. Gree and Kingdom Age support can ignore all the messages in this forum. However, if they get bombarded with support requests for this it will gain more attention.