PDA

View Full Version : Game transfer instructions (between Android and IOS)

Cmdr_Vessery
04-09-2014, 06:40 AM
Mods,

Would you please add a sticky on the process of moving between different system devices?

What is the process and who do we contact for a move from Droid to IOS, and vice versa.

I'm in the market for a new phone and want to make sure moving between the two platforms is a confirmed option.

Thanks,

-Vessery

MadAtWorld
04-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Mods,

Would you please add a sticky on the process of moving between different system devices?

What is the process and who do we contact for a move from Droid to IOS, and vice versa.

I'm in the market for a new phone and want to make sure moving between the two platforms is a confirmed option.

Thanks,

-Vessery

Great idea asking for instructions. Don't hold your breath. It erases plausible deniability. For those of you asking what the heck could I be talking about....

Lets say that you are an active player on your iPod you have had two years. In the game as well as the forum. And as all active players I know have done, you have submitted tickets in the past to resolve one game issue or another. In those tickets you send there is an embedded message, giving specific details of your device.

Now lets suppose that 3 weeks ago you dropped your iPod and the nice guy at the store says $100 to fix it or $50 off toward the shiny new model. Duh, the new one! So he gives you a few minutes to transfer things and say a tearful goodbye. You quickly do the in game transfer out process Gree has so thoughtfully provided and hand your old beloved device over to his new owner. You go home, use the in game transfer in feature, and go on playing happily. Until 2 weeks later when you have a problem and as always send in a ticket to get it resolved.

What's the problem? The return email you get from Gree notifying you that your account is now banned because its on a new device. And if you want your account back, you now need to email/ticket them from the original device. Which you no longer have.

Why provide account transfer options if you aren't allowed to transfer your account? (FYI, Apple wants to know the answer to that also. They tend to frown on charging customers for gold then preventing them from using it.)

So, what to do... I recommend that although the accounts can be transferred without Grees help, you send a ticket from the old device before doing so, giving details of the device you will be transferring to. While sending a ticket makes us all groan and is generally futile, you can later provide them the ticket number if you run into issues. Consider it a CYA.

Cmdr_Vessery
04-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Yes. and that is why I am asking here for some clarification from the MODS and from their connections with Gree Support.

Of course if I get nothing, well, then I have not lost anything either at this point...

Transferring from droid to droid, the ingame transfer works. Recently it was announced that switching between platforms was now an option. But, I am looking for detailed instructions on how to complete before I even attempt it.

Thanks for the warning.

-Vessery

JT77
04-09-2014, 01:27 PM
So, I'm thinking of moving from my Desire HD to an android tablet, that should be reasonably painless and short downtime?

Cmdr_Vessery
04-09-2014, 02:20 PM
So, I'm thinking of moving from my Desire HD to an android tablet, that should be reasonably painless and short downtime?

Are they both android? If so, yes, ingame transfer works fine. I've done it before.

JT77
04-10-2014, 05:05 AM
Thanks for that