PDA

View Full Version : Splash Screen Purchases

gcfreem
04-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Gree, can you please get rid of that opening splash screen that allows players to purchase items for gold? The items are horribly over priced. No one in their right mind would by one. For an item that cost 100's of gold on this screen, one could get a similar stat item for 20-40 gold spent to kill a few extra bosses or go a little farther in an LTQ. The real problem is that people make accidental purchases from this screen all the time when it pops up just as they're trying to close other splash screens or collect their buildings. I've done it several times, and yes I've sent in a ticket every time I noticed it, and I have been refunded every time (still waiting on one that just happened for 900 gold). But what about all the times that people do it without noticing? Honestly, I think this screen exists for no reason other than this.

I have no complaints about the high gold cost to finish events. Those who want to spend gold will, and those who don't won't. But this screen is taking gold from people against their will. It is pretty much robbery.

Ron burgundy no1
04-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Someone from my syn just had a similar problem, accidentally bought 3 items wasting aload of gold, he has sent in a ticket. Has anyone had the same prob? If so did they get their gold re imbursed?

Ron burgundy no1
04-09-2014, 06:38 AM
And please no trolls saying "lol gree give gold back, no chance" because I've already said that to him and won't help

bravo 6 vk
04-09-2014, 06:42 AM
Agree with gcfreem. GREE atleast put a confirmation pop-up when we click on buy accidentally.

moe67
04-09-2014, 07:14 AM
I mistakenly bought a 90 gold crate twice in the last month (after never buying one ever in my 2 years playing CC and currently having stats that would be impacted very little by said crate) and got a very speedy reply to my tickets..."No Refund for you!" No more of my money for you!

gcfreem
04-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Agree with gcfreem. GREE atleast put a confirmation pop-up when we click on buy accidentally.

A confirmation screen is better than nothing. But why not get rid of the splash screen altogether. Has anyone ever bought something from this screen on purpose? 900 gold for one relatively crappy item? Just let people buy it from the store if they really want to waste their money. Can anyone give one good reason why this screen is there, other than to steal gold from players who accidentally tap it? Would one single player object to getting rid of this screen?

Morgz
04-09-2014, 10:13 AM
I have mistakenly spent gold to upgrade a building that was in progress upgrading. I know, shame on me. I got click happy collecting my building payouts, and just tapped to quick and fast, and my finger hit just the right (wrong) spot. Burned like 200 gold upgrading something that would have finished on it's own in another 12-16 hours.

A confirmation screen for ALL gold purchases would be appreciated by this dummy.

ohlo-00
04-09-2014, 10:21 AM
I bought it once :(

sister morphine
04-09-2014, 10:33 AM
I have mistakenly spent gold to upgrade a building that was in progress upgrading. I know, shame on me. I got click happy collecting my building payouts, and just tapped to quick and fast, and my finger hit just the right (wrong) spot. Burned like 200 gold upgrading something that would have finished on it's own in another 12-16 hours.

A confirmation screen for ALL gold purchases would be appreciated by this dummy.

I believe a confirm screen has been introduced for finishing buildings with gold in MW, so absolutely that needs to come to CC and KA. It shouldn't be like getting blood from a stone to have these things added across the board surely?

Ron burgundy no1
04-09-2014, 11:26 AM
I believe a confirm screen has been introduced for finishing buildings with gold in MW, so absolutely that needs to come to CC and KA. It shouldn't be like getting blood from a stone to have these things added across the board surely?

Actually I think there's probably more chance of drawing blood from a stone (says this in the hope gree will prove me wrong)

The Slapper
04-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Someone from my syn just had a similar problem, accidentally bought 3 items wasting aload of gold, he has sent in a ticket. Has anyone had the same prob? If so did they get their gold re imbursed?

Yes, I've done it, and yes my gold was reimbursed. I didn't need a ss or anything. I just put the gold cost w the item name n asked for my gold to be refunded n the item removed. Gree support took care of it in less than 4 hours.

Gree, can you please get rid of that opening splash screen that allows players to purchase items for gold? The real problem is that people make accidental purchases from this screen all the time when it pops up just as they're trying to close other splash screens or collect their buildings. Honestly, I think this screen exists for no reason other than this.

+1, and yes, that is exactly why it's there. ;)

Mr.Shh...
04-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Good point as ive done it as well...why do we have a confirmation for everything else except those stupid splash screens with $100 items

Ciara
04-12-2014, 06:05 PM
I've had the same problem. I hate those multiple splash screens that clutter up the screen. We should only have to dismiss them once and the game should remember we're not interested

sister morphine
04-12-2014, 10:53 PM
The real problem is that people make accidental purchases from this screen all the time when it pops up just as they're trying to close other splash screens or collect their buildings. I've done it several times, and yes I've sent in a ticket every time I noticed it, and I have been refunded every time (still waiting on one that just happened for 900 gold). But what about all the times that people do it without noticing? Honestly, I think this screen exists for no reason other than this.
Really? I agree completely it's a pain having to close three or four stacked screens when logging in. Surely it's simple enough to restrict ones not concerned with events to once in a 24 hour period at most. That said I have never encountered this one "popping up" when closing the others. You either have to slow down a bit, come on the game a few minutes before your buildings pay out so there's no rush, or train yourself to close them all using the red cross at top right rather than the big fat OK button. :)

But on a table of things needing a fix, this one is way down the league below boss triggering and ip scoring justice for high level players.

Winnson
04-13-2014, 06:35 AM
I bought it once :(

I know that feel bro.