PDA

View Full Version : congrats Gree

wawoftam
04-07-2014, 05:03 PM
We have lost another 2 players who have become disillusioned with the game. This takes out total to 7 players in the past 3 months who have quit the game and we have another that has been idle a month. The 7 I refer to have all definitely quit as they have sold up their hoods and communicated with us.All players were long term players and not fly by nighters. The common gripe has been the non stop events that are being made more impossible event by event, closely followed by boss triggering.

From a syndicate point of view this is really frustrating as we need to continue to recruit whilst at the same time try and keep up with trying to either trigger bosses, co-ordinate events and pretending we have a life outside the game. Throw in a few players like myself who also play Modern (or the like) and it's no wonder people are leaving in droves.

We need the pace slowed down a little, not a heap but a little. Uzi drop rates need to be rejigged as each event it's getting worse. I noted that whilst triggering bosses by hitting Carmen that not 1 uzi dropped last event, The prior event I averaged 8 uzis. On one device I could accept that this was unlucky but when i play 4 devices and not one drop on any it's plain to see there has been some tweaking. I can only assume that the rates have been tweaked elsewhere also.

I have also noted that my rivals list now has players 18 levels above me (i'm lvl 81) whereas last month all were within 10 levels. Seriously, rivals over 20% higher in game level?????? I accept being robbed/attacked is part of the game and have no issue with that but surely things need to be on a reasonable level playing field.
I won't go into the difficulties of boss triggering as I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. last event was tough but a challenge. This event I noted it was even tougher. At one point it took me over an hour to trigger one. That's just plain ridiculous. Nobody should be expected to spend that much time for just a small piece of the jigsaw.

Please don't see this as sour g****s as I usually manage the 100 bosses with ease but not everyone has to charge their phone 2-3 times a day due to game play.

Not sure if a mod will bother replying let alone reading this but one can only hope ;). I'm sure this has all been mentioned before but hopefully with enough feedback something may get done. I hate seeing players leave the game as the more that leave means the end of the game is closer.

Zaz42
04-07-2014, 05:56 PM
7 isn't too bad in the past 3 months. People come and go, keep recruiting up or you'll suffer as the syn I am in. We've lost 15-20 in the past 3 months(completely left the game) and another 5-7 to other syndicates.
It's partly due to the numerous events, but really it's the damn cost. I, along with many others , have spent too much and can't keep doing it. We tried to go free/no gold, but the scaling of the game is out of control. The scaling gone up so much that it is becoming harder to enjoy the game. You end up falling so far back in stats that's raid bosses and epic bosses are impossible to get to an enjoyable level.
IIRC it was BM who said this game is becoming a pay to play game, he was right! It won't be too much longer before the rest of my syn and I are gone from this game too.

Cagey Caminiti
04-07-2014, 06:18 PM
GOOD POST in my opinion, Wawoftam. There's no logical explanation that justifies why they'd continue to watch players walk away like this. It appears that they're trying to hard to appeal to a new/inexperienced audience, rather than keeping their mainstays around. Sad.

They've upgraded the "Daily Scratcher" prizes, but left the same old crappy/overpriced inventory everywhere else. We still have areas of the map to complete for millions of dollars, only to end up with yet another crappy prize? A common epic boss loot drop is as powerful as something we'd get in Japan Town, etc. ???

Maybe they should just add an exclusive area to the map where people can ELECT to participate in more powerful (gold burning) challenges to "become stronger overnight". It's more of a chore to stay competitive, than a pleasure to play these days.

Flapjacks
04-07-2014, 08:34 PM
We have lost another 2 players who have become disillusioned with the game. This takes out total to 7 players in the past 3 months who have quit the game and we have another that has been idle a month. The 7 I refer to have all definitely quit as they have sold up their hoods and communicated with us.All players were long term players and not fly by nighters. The common gripe has been the non stop events that are being made more impossible event by event, closely followed by boss triggering.

From a syndicate point of view this is really frustrating as we need to continue to recruit whilst at the same time try and keep up with trying to either trigger bosses, co-ordinate events and pretending we have a life outside the game. Throw in a few players like myself who also play Modern (or the like) and it's no wonder people are leaving in droves.

We need the pace slowed down a little, not a heap but a little. Uzi drop rates need to be rejigged as each event it's getting worse. I noted that whilst triggering bosses by hitting Carmen that not 1 uzi dropped last event, The prior event I averaged 8 uzis. On one device I could accept that this was unlucky but when i play 4 devices and not one drop on any it's plain to see there has been some tweaking. I can only assume that the rates have been tweaked elsewhere also.

I have also noted that my rivals list now has players 18 levels above me (i'm lvl 81) whereas last month all were within 10 levels. Seriously, rivals over 20% higher in game level?????? I accept being robbed/attacked is part of the game and have no issue with that but surely things need to be on a reasonable level playing field.
I won't go into the difficulties of boss triggering as I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. last event was tough but a challenge. This event I noted it was even tougher. At one point it took me over an hour to trigger one. That's just plain ridiculous. Nobody should be expected to spend that much time for just a small piece of the jigsaw.

Please don't see this as sour g****s as I usually manage the 100 bosses with ease but not everyone has to charge their phone 2-3 times a day due to game play.

Not sure if a mod will bother replying let alone reading this but one can only hope ;). I'm sure this has all been mentioned before but hopefully with enough feedback something may get done. I hate seeing players leave the game as the more that leave means the end of the game is closer.

Congrats to your friends for quitting; for they have won the game!

scobee78
04-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Congrats to your friends for quitting; for they have won the game!

We continue to lose around 2 every other month as well.

wawoftam
04-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Beaut, another has just sold up his hood and he was an original member. It's not just about completing events but the fact there isn't a break at all. Our syndicate is pretty low pressure but it just never ends.
Syndicate hoppers will always happen but seeing people quitting the game completely isn't good for the rest of us. These people are gone for good unlike quite a few on here stating they are quitting only to post the same dribble weeks later. All players have sold their hoods up, donated the cash, posted in forum a warm thanks and then POOOOF, they're gone.
Does this not concern GREE? Some mod feedback would be nice.

dribblin todger
04-08-2014, 02:14 AM
No it does not concern Gree in the slightest if an established but disgruntled player leaves, unhappy players do not buy gold, for everyone that leaves there is always another opening his or her wallet.

cynicalmofo
04-08-2014, 03:05 AM
We're in the same situation - Another 2 gone this month. Rivals list is the main reason followed by the concurrently running events.

Max Power
04-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Quitting because there are too many events? Don't participate in all of them. Afraid of falling behind? Try caring a little less.

People rage quit this game because they feel they can't keep up or that is costs too much, but that is the very nature of it. The game rewards people who spend a ton of real money or are on 24/7. They count on syndicates to form a sense or responsibility, as if you will be letting these 60 strangers down if you don't participate. It's the perfect strategy for those that don't take a step back and see it for what it is.

Hint: There is no winner. There is no start line or finish line.

I am now a syndicate of 1, have no responsibilities, answer to no one, could not care less if the pack is pulling away, and treating this game like the time waster it is meant to be. I have never been happier.

Honestly, the complaints about this game, while accurate, are the very definition of first world problems.

GucciMane
04-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I think you have no one to blame but yourself for spending in these Open 10/20 events.

Similarly for any other event that you spend your money on but derive ZERO benefit from.

But that being said, the Boss triggering is completely ruined, it IS a problem that needs to be fixed, and I know from a reliable source that GREE did intend to make triggering more difficult. Unfortunately this has made the game characteristically unfair as *some* players trigger just fine while others it takes **upwards of 2 hours** to trigger

Lolaso
04-08-2014, 08:33 AM
No wonder he is tired... he play 4 devices, it means 4 CC account and 4 MW account... i only have 1 CC account and i cant keep up and he have 4 + 4...

Lolaso
04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
im i wrong that having 1 account in 1 game is perfect???

GucciMane
04-08-2014, 08:40 AM
im i wrong that having 1 account in 1 game is perfect???

Well, with changes to this game it's become necessary for some players in syns to run multiple accounts.

Most full syns of 60 wouldn't get anything done if it was just the 60.

Lolaso
04-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Game is perfect now... i miss like 5 events having fun with friend... came back and im still hitting lvl 250 in war... everyone only gained attack and no defense... that means a lot of free time :)... you want more time off just dont do the event you only will miss a few millions of attack at the end it doesn't matter you can rob everyone and attack everyone...

Lolaso
04-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Well, with changes to this game it's become necessary for some players in syns to run multiple accounts.

Most full syns of 60 wouldn't get anything done if it was just the 60.

true they need more attack

Lolaso
04-08-2014, 08:55 AM
game is setup now that you with 30M attack can rob a player with 60M attack because hes defense probably is 32 or 33M and you wont miss 1 single rob and this player with 60M finish all event, spent gold and have 4 accounts... you miss to finish almost all event dont use gold and only have one account... so GREE are helping us... Game cant be better... a lot of event but you choose which to finish on your time off... :)

swkwn
04-08-2014, 04:11 PM
For all those syns who fall apart,our syn has 13 spots left.:p

wawoftam
04-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I was just providing some feedback for Mods to pass on. Seems everyone wants their 2 bobs worth.
In regards to 4 devices...I'm not the one that has quit so I'm unsure what that has to do with the price of fish. My comments are based on what players who have now left have said.

Pity no Mod though has taken time to reply.

Aquaboo
04-08-2014, 05:26 PM
But that being said, the Boss triggering is completely ruined, it IS a problem that needs to be fixed, and I know from a reliable source that GREE did intend to make triggering more difficult. Unfortunately this has made the game characteristically unfair as *some* players trigger just fine while others it takes **upwards of 2 hours** to trigger

Did it ever cross your mind that these "*some* players" you mention are playing exactly the same game, coded in exactly the same way? Could I put a suggestion to you that the some are probably just putting-in more effort?

To misquote Gary Player slightly, 'the more they try, the luckier they get'

(Gary Player actually had dismissed the notion that he was unfathomably lucky in his golf game with the line "The more I practise, the luckier I get")

Silvio
04-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Honestly, the complaints about this game, while accurate, are the very definition of first world problems.

That's the world I live in. Lol.

In all seriousness, couldn't agree more. This from a player who, while cleaning his in game messages, has realized that he has been playing for almost three years. Sad, sad, sad.

Chris Hill
04-08-2014, 06:03 PM
I was an avid player for a number of years. Over Christmas, I just turned off and there was really no going back. I stayed in touch haphazardly for about two weeks and then just deleted the apps off the devices. Same with the forums, I would jump in every so often just to read the posts and comments.

For me, it was time issue more than a $$ issue. I was never going to spend enough to keep up with the big spenders, but I had to spend hours and be glued to the device to collect on time, hit the boss on time, open cases etc, etc, etc. The necessity to be on the game constantly was difficult and, as you have said, there was never a break in events. I remember a 24 hour shutdown for maintenance, and it was just a relief.

I reached my tolerance point, but it is obvious that lots are still playing and still paying. Gree haven't reached the point of pain for the majority of their customers, but I do hope that they recognise that it is approaching and do something to maintain the game, not wipe it out.

Silvio
04-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Yeah, but they are a publicly traded company, beholden to investors. Most investors look for a fifteen point ROI, so if I am gree, I am expanding my game network I.e. New games, and figuring out how to max out the amount of cash out of every game.

Oh wait, they're doing that. Maybe I should invest. . . .

Max Power
04-09-2014, 05:55 AM
Pity no Mod though has taken time to reply.

Did you really expect that? And what kind of reply would you expect from a forum mod on corporate policy? Talk about unrealistic.

wawoftam
04-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Did you really expect that? And what kind of reply would you expect from a forum mod on corporate policy? Talk about unrealistic.

OPh I guess some sort of empathetic acknowledgement or at least a standard party line to show they are listening.

But a huge thank you for your constructive post. It sure makes keeping on topic so much easier with such quality replies.

sap_pete
04-09-2014, 09:17 AM

Post after post, do you kiss Gree's ass for free, or do they pay you to do that ?

As a syndicate officer, it's been a pain in the ass to keep people on board with the way Gree is f'ing up the game. The frequency of events, insane amounts of energy required to make it even half way, constant fckups like the boss summoning, the lockbox event idiocy (yes, I've spent a vault on it last time and didnt get the final item), ****ty customer support and long ticket times. The list goes on and on.

IB4 Blah, blah, blah nobody forces you to play nobody forces you to buy gold blah blah all hail gree.

Max Power
04-09-2014, 12:11 PM
OPh I guess some sort of empathetic acknowledgement or at least a standard party line to show they are listening.

But a huge thank you for your constructive post. It sure makes keeping on topic so much easier with such quality replies.

You want empathy? Gree has never done that here. Just telling you how it is, no matter how butthurt your reply is.

Post after post, do you kiss Gree's ass for free, or do they pay you to do that ?

As a syndicate officer, it's been a pain in the ass to keep people on board with the way Gree is f'ing up the game. The frequency of events, insane amounts of energy required to make it even half way, constant fckups like the boss summoning, the lockbox event idiocy (yes, I've spent a vault on it last time and didnt get the final item), ****ty customer support and long ticket times. The list goes on and on.

IB4 Blah, blah, blah nobody forces you to play nobody forces you to buy gold blah blah all hail gree.

LOL... you can count on one hand the number I have complimented Gree here in over two and a half years. Just because I know better than to beg for empathy or post suggestions that would reduce their revenue does not mean I am a Gree butt kisser. It means that I am a realist. You should try it sometime.

Flapjacks
04-09-2014, 01:53 PM
You want empathy? Gree has never done that here. Just telling you how it is, no matter how butthurt your reply is.

LOL... you can count on one hand the number I have complimented Gree here in over two and a half years. Just because I know better than to beg for empathy or post suggestions that would reduce their revenue does not mean I am a Gree butt kisser. It means that I am a realist. You should try it sometime.

Nobody should be asking for empathy from a mod? In doing so, you're suggesting they play the game. I think you all should seek the possibility of a mod showing sympathy.

Max Power
04-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Nobody should be asking for empathy from a mod? In doing so, you're suggesting they play the game. I think you all should seek the possibility of a mod showing sympathy.

Fair point.

You will get neither.....LOL!

AppleMacGuy
04-10-2014, 11:30 AM

You must have not been paying attention when they announced the alogirthom for the rival list was changed such that it was no longer based so much on level banding but more so on actual stats/IPH IIRC. This is much fairier in actuality as it puts numerous players with mediocre incomes where they belong...with others of the sam ilk. Something like that anyway...it's in the archives someplace :p

sexkitteh
04-11-2014, 12:10 PM
People still play this?!

Mind.Blown.

ILikeTheAbuse
04-15-2014, 01:45 AM
Did it ever cross your mind that these "*some* players" you mention are playing exactly the same game, coded in exactly the same way? Could I put a suggestion to you that the some are probably just putting-in more effort?

Did it ever cross your mind that GREE messes things up all the time, and that you may simply be one of the lucky ones? I really hope that you're on the receiving end of this boss BS next time so you can eat your own words. It is physically impossible for me, iPad or Android Note3, to summon 100 bosses in the time given, no matter how much time I put in.

I play this game CONSTANTLY. I've tried all the tricks. I know how to server refresh. Before the change, I've never completed 100 bosses on less than 5 accounts. I put ALL that time that I used to put into 5 accounts onto 2 accounts in the Epic after the "special" Epic boss that messed everything up. I couldn't summon 100. The next Epic, after that, I put all my effort into only one account. I played it when I woke up. I played it every 10-15min at work. I played it when I got home. I played it non-stop and couldn't summon 100. I didn't even try on this last event, because I refuse to dedicate 6 days to the hell-hole that is a GREE game, just to be robbed of any chance at a prize that others are ALLOWED to get when I am NOT.

Muj
04-15-2014, 07:06 AM
Did it ever cross your mind that GREE messes things up all the time, and that you may simply be one of the lucky ones? I really hope that you're on the receiving end of this boss BS next time so you can eat your own words. It is physically impossible for me, iPad or Android Note3, to summon 100 bosses in the time given, no matter how much time I put in.

I play this game CONSTANTLY. I've tried all the tricks. I know how to server refresh. Before the change, I've never completed 100 bosses on less than 5 accounts. I put ALL that time that I used to put into 5 accounts onto 2 accounts in the Epic after the "special" Epic boss that messed everything up. I couldn't summon 100. The next Epic, after that, I put all my effort into only one account. I played it when I woke up. I played it every 10-15min at work. I played it when I got home. I played it non-stop and couldn't summon 100. I didn't even try on this last event, because I refuse to dedicate 6 days to the hell-hole that is a GREE game, just to be robbed of any chance at a prize that others are ALLOWED to get when I am NOT.
ULikeTheAbuse?