PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new generation, good bye.

Ferr
04-03-2014, 02:56 PM
The time has come for a new hyperinflated generation of MW players. The past investments have been made obsolete and perhaps rightfully so. Each new generation must have a fighting chance to get to the top with a new investment of €10k to €50k (dont ever go beyond that). Fair warning to those doing this, it will not last for long.
I thank umbrella corp to have put up with me for as long as they did. When i left the Emperors they were willing to accomodate this retired old fool.
I thank sup and their magnificent pirates to have played the mortal enemy. Without them, this game would have died much sooner.
I have made a tremendous amount of mw friends and yes quite a few enemies as well. I apologize to those who have followed me in ridiculous spending and got into trouble for that. I have found out the hard way and much too late that this is not a level playing field.

Alas, this weekend i will destroy my base with tears in my eyes for sure.
Yours,

Web323
04-03-2014, 03:05 PM
You can always donate your money to us ;)

Thorm V2
04-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Again?????????

I look forward to your next return. Your 3rd or 4th?

Ferr
04-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Again?????????
Ah yes, I forgot to thank the trolls. Good bye again sir.

2MblaZ
04-03-2014, 03:27 PM
And this is the N-th 'good-bye-with-tear-in-my-eye' from the legendary Ferr - each new smart [sane] player can EASILY get to the top with just $1-$5k and very easily stay within top 10-25 with just $10-$50/month, but that kind of sanity usually resides within shallower pocketses as deeper ones overwhelm that sanity island until it's drowning to the point yours apparently did ^_*

But hey - why nuke apparently good base? Why not pass it on to some struggling double-digit level warrior who would carry the Ferr's torch forward?... ;]

Ferr
04-03-2014, 03:30 PM
And this is the N-th 'good-bye-with-tear-in-my-eye' from the legendary Ferr - each new smart [sane] player can EASILY get to the top with just $1-$5k and very easily stay within top 10-25 with just $10-$50/month, but that kind of sanity usually resides within shallower pocketses as deeper ones overwhelm that sanity island until it's drowning to the point yours apparently did ^_*

But hey - why nuke apparently good base? Why not pass it on to some struggling double-digit level warrior who would carry the Ferr's torch forward?... ;]
And impose liability on me? Thought not ;)

Speed ump
04-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Ferr, you are the reason I spent many a pretty penny. You drug me with you, and in drug you along for the ride also. Lol. Still had fun doing it. I guess better here than on so many other vices far worse than this. You will have to find another hobby to fill the void of time

Maddog's Wife
04-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Dearest Ferr. It has been an honor to play this silly game alongside you. Your attitude was always positive and encouraging to the rest of the team. And your hulk smashing skills never failed to spur us along when we might have given up on a goal. I for one have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. And when we finally put down the device for the last time, we will remember the friends we have made (not the trolls or the hatred on the forum) and the comraderie of faction life. Many thanks, sir. Enjoy your family. Treasure the time. ��

Maddog11
Ferry,
It was an honor to have you in Umbrella. The nuking of the base will indeed be sad it was the only one I had ever seen with everything maxed out. We will stay in touch outside of the game and the forum. It would have been fun to give SUP one last run but the "odds" are stacked against you. Go enjoy your wife and upcoming little bundle of joy. modern war was a nice temporary get away from the daily grind of life but it's days are numbered and is easily replaced. Farewell old friend maybe we can meet up in Chicago some time when you are this way or when I get over in your neck of the world next.

Maddog

sirdirty11

I think you are misinformed... Top 10 is 2-300/month, top 4 is 3-500, and top 25 is around 100.

Or, if you would like, you could do it by WD points. Top 25 is 60-100k, top 10 is 125-200k, and top 4 is 200k+ . Be informed when you post in the forum, or you may fall into 'troll' category with that moo and Ferr guy.

Ferr
04-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Ferr, you are the reason I spent many a pretty penny. You drug me with you, and in drug you along for the ride also. Lol. Still had fun doing it. I guess better here than on so many other vices far worse than this. You will have to find another hobby to fill the void of time
We both, and a few others, have been the biggest idiots but yes it was fun. The hacking has killed it a bit but still the adrenaline during the early WD events was inmense. The void here will be filled with some baby noise soon, my doughter is on its way. I fear my hobby days are gone. Take care my friend.

Ajk
04-03-2014, 04:02 PM
You will be missed. Have a wonderful life.

And Congrats on the little one!!

Ferr
04-03-2014, 04:14 PM
04-03-2014, 02:51 PM #8
Maddog's Wife

Dearest Ferr. It has been an honor to play this silly game alongside you. Your attitude was always positive and encouraging to the rest of the team. And your hulk smashing skills never failed to spur us along when we might have given up on a goal. I for one have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. And when we finally put down the device for the last time, we will remember the friends we have made (not the trolls or the hatred on the forum) and the comraderie of faction life. Many thanks, sir. Enjoy your family. Treasure the time. ��

Maddog11

Ferry,
It was an honor to have you in Umbrella. The nuking of the base will indeed be sad it was the only one I had ever seen with everything maxed out. We will stay in touch outside of the game and the forum. It would have been fun to give SUP one last run but the "odds" are stacked against you. Go enjoy your wife and upcoming little bundle of joy. modern war was a nice temporary get away from the daily grind of life but it's days are numbered and is easily replaced. Farewell old friend maybe we can meet up in Chicago some time when you are this way or when I get over in your neck of the world next.

Ty mr and ms maddog. It was you both who took me in when I had lost track. No questions asked and sincere warmth. We will meet, we have to! During my time at urbana champaign (godforsaken campus lol) i came to chicago as much as i could. I remember the green chicago river (the Irish are completely nuts of course ;). Anyways, my hugs to the family and a blow kiss to the miss empress of umbrella!

Warzoneone
04-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Good bye ,,,, .,)

Ferr
04-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Although the destruction will be executed this weekend I just sold one guard tower to experience how it would feel. It hurts. The guard tower with a defense of 11 dates back to the beginning of the game when gree let us believe that it was rather important to place the defense buildings close to the other buildings in order to protect them. The pirates were in control and i remember they led us believe that they could camouflage/make invisible their whole base. The game was extremely slow. One would play on average say 5 minutes and shut the device for upgrading. Funzio owned the game and the forum was a friendly place to be. I was not ready yet to spend.....

Apollo13
04-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Finally you are going to have some peaceful time and available weekends to spend with your wife. Good on ya. You will be missed.

Spazer
04-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Don't do this Ferr! You are the last disciple of Modern War!

Socks
04-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Hey bro, before you go, would you mind donating some of that insane IPH to my faction? It never hurts to ask.

Genen
04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
The time has come for a new hyperinflated generation of MW players. The past investments have been made obsolete and perhaps rightfully so. Each new generation must have a fighting chance to get to the top with a new investment of €10k to €50k (dont ever go beyond that). Fair warning to those doing this, it will not last for long.
I thank umbrella corp to have put up with me for as long as they did. When i left the Emperors they were willing to accomodate this retired old fool.
I thank sup and their magnificent pirates to have played the mortal enemy. Without them, this game would have died much sooner.
I have made a tremendous amount of mw friends and yes quite a few enemies as well. I apologize to those who have followed me in ridiculous spending and got into trouble for that. I have found out the hard way and much too late that this is not a level playing field.

Yours,
Hello Mr. Ferr,
Congratulations with new coming baby. You are for the ride my friend. Much more sleepless nights than during WDs chasing PUN, but it's all good.
However isn't it sad that you have never achieved your ultimate goal despite all money spent and your effort. You never was able to beat number one team even once. I am not gloating I really don't. And to prove it to you I am willing to extend invitation for you to join top sup team for at least one battle so you can have something to remember after you will retire. At least once you could be first. I am sure Stephen even will gladly yield you an honor to be a highest faction scorer in this war. Think about it.

Speed ump
04-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Lol, the pink trees. How funny

Speed ump
04-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Still works by the way, for the true believers

Hupernikomen
04-03-2014, 06:33 PM
The game was a better place because of you mr ferr. You fought the good fight.

Like umbrella corp we have harbored wounded warriors from the emperors. Some have nuked and moved on. Texicans had the sad honor of being recipients of panzer's sell off of her base. Even now we are proud for sreka to play with us.

Like you we have enjoyed the adreline the game brings, and I can honestly say I grow more and more envious of those who break the chains on the addiction.

All the best in your real life adventure.

2MblaZ
04-03-2014, 07:28 PM
I think you are misinformed... Top 10 is 2-300/month, top 4 is 3-500, and top 25 is around 100.

Or, if you would like, you could do it by WD points. Top 25 is 60-100k, top 10 is 125-200k, and top 4 is 200k+ . Be informed when you post in the forum, or you may fall into 'troll' category with that moo and Ferr guy.

Yes sirdirty, i keep missing information forums, but back in the day there used to be such simple things as you place $10-$20 in the bucket and enjoy top 25, $50 would give you entry to some friendly top 10 teams, yes you still have to score some minimum, but with couple tapjoy refills and if active some 60-80k were easily achievable... Maybe you're overpaying or are over-informed? ;] just saying, but i'm really just completely mis-informed... maybe Ferr guy and moo will pity me and not place me in that category for I really don't see a thread with latest updates that i could get informed before posting... ;[

2MblaZ
04-03-2014, 07:35 PM
And impose liability on me? Thought not ;)

Maybe the opposite - drastically reduced weight of golden bars in that lil' window and doing exactly what these games should be - jut for casual fun. But you're right, with that name it could not be a low gear... Yup, nuke it!

Congratulations on the baby and no, you will not go away until pixels roam here as you tried so many times... Just imagine, some sleepless night you pick it up in your hands, power on, collect another daily prize that doesn't move a bit of your inventory, oh, here's box event, let me collect couple [hundred] crates try my luck opening - oh - first try - first open, okay, one more - oh - another opened, maybe few more... When wife walks in the room - dear Ferr - it's been 3 hours, baby is asleep, come to mommy!...

You sure you wanna nuke it? :p

I am a cow!
04-03-2014, 10:47 PM

That moo guy is iamnasty right?

David Steelman
04-04-2014, 12:10 AM
Hello again Ferr. I just read before about u starting a lady faction n now u change ur mind I guess. But thats cool. And sry to c u sell out ur base. But if u change ur mind again I Think Gree can rebuild ur base. So maybe I c u l8r.

iamnasty
04-04-2014, 01:21 AM

If you've never been with the top faction and have no idea of what you've mumbling about, do hope you stop spitting rubbish about others, you must be the worst joker, trying hard to act smart !!!.............moo :D

iamnasty
04-04-2014, 01:23 AM
That moo guy is iamnasty right?

only cow moos, guess who can it be !!!.................moo :D

Ferr
04-04-2014, 01:42 AM
Hello Mr. Ferr,
Congratulations with new coming baby. You are for the ride my friend. Much more sleepless nights than during WDs chasing PUN, but it's all good.
However isn't it sad that you have never achieved your ultimate goal despite all money spent and your effort. You never was able to beat number one team even once. I am not gloating I really don't. And to prove it to you I am willing to extend invitation for you to join top sup team for at least one battle so you can have something to remember after you will retire. At least once you could be first. I am sure Stephen even will gladly yield you an honor to be a highest faction scorer in this war. Think about it.
Genen, Ty for your kind words. I realise that I will be mainly remembered, if at all, as the guy who failed to beat the pirates/sup. Can it get much worse? Yes it can. I could accept your invitation and be remembered as the guy who surrendered ;). It does not fit my profile. Ty for the kind offer though. In the past I judged harshly those who betrayed the Emperors and changed into pirates themselves. Today, i kind of pity us all. Take care and enjoy the ultimate top of the mw food chain!
Yours,

Ferr
04-04-2014, 02:02 AM
Part 2 ..... I now killed the remainder of the guard towers. Painfull to say the least. Those were build with time and not with gold. This weekend my virtual suicide is inevitable ;)

Who are these pirates anyway and who the hell they think they are? Such were my thoughts after a couple of weeks playing. Perhaps I should join them? For that one would need to have a 100% golden army. I was certainly not going to spend gold on indestructable units. 900 gold for one unit with a few hundreds stats. The map missions were fine for now. ......... Wtf one of the new maps gives wavebreakers with the highest stats possible and the costs are very manageable (about 3 units per 1000 energy if i remember correctly) and even better I probably was the first to have found this out by stumbling on it. And there it happened, I took in loads of gold, had fierce discussions with my creditcard company who were only willing to let me purchase a certain amount of gold at the time and similar discussions with itunes. Within 24 hours i had one of the strongest armies in the game. Gree saw this and shut the production down. The pirates were not amused.........

krabbie
04-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Denk dat je een wijs besluit hebt genomen! Dit spel gaat elke paar weken over de kop en an de top blijven kan alleen met en ongelimiteerde reditcard. Mocht je een plek nodig hebben om je pensionado te stallen, dan is er ruimte bij de Dutch Fighters, momenteel de beste en zeker de leukste nederlandse factie :)

Je basis doneren aan een van ons kan natuurlijk ook hahah ;)

Have a great life with the respect of all of the MW-community!

Rob TRK
04-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Ferr if you are really bored before you go visit a few factions and kill a few bosses and donate some wealth as you go. I'm sure there would be a few takers. You can come and help is kill L100s if you are free. Will reduce our Spend and I'll donate to a charity of your choice as recompense?

Speed ump
04-04-2014, 04:22 AM
Lol, but we did amuse ourselves knocking those pesky siege tanks out. Who dares to stand with us with a destructable army. Nay say we, we will right this wrong. Our bright gold armies marched, and many a siege tank fell before them. Or something like that. I always felt that was the heart of your reasons for wanting to defeat us. Or not.

DTA-HOG
04-04-2014, 09:42 AM
If you really want to quit, donate all your high bonus items to Full Assult. You will have no reason to comeback after that. Bases can be rebuilt. I've seen it from many of those who "quit".

soodom
04-04-2014, 11:00 AM

Yours,

My friend Ferr,

You have always been the real gentleman on this game! I still remember the preparations before our first WD event battle, once an emperor always an emperor. To me and many of the old emperor''s family u have affected our lives more than anyone else. I wish u all the best for u and your family. It has been an honour to fight and play next to U at this time of my life. I wish to you and to your family all the best,

Your Greek friend.......

Farewell my friend!

A TRUE LEGEND~

Agent Orange
04-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Happy trails Ferr. ;)

But why do I have a feeling that you have converted to Buddism…..

http://www.dalailama.com/messages/statement-of-his-holiness-the-fourteenth-dalai-lama-tenzin-gyatso-on-the-issue-of-his-reincarnation

Evil Mastermind
04-04-2014, 01:32 PM
All things must come to an end. Farewell!

{Kill Joy}
04-04-2014, 01:40 PM
best wishes to you and your growing family. Enjoy every moment. They go by fast.

Gambit12
04-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Ferr is like Michael Jordan, he can good bye a hundred times & still coming back soon...Lol!

Ferr
04-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Lol, but we did amuse ourselves knocking those pesky siege tanks out. Who dares to stand with us with a destructable army. Nay say we, we will right this wrong. Our bright gold armies marched, and many a siege tank fell before them. Or something like that. I always felt that was the heart of your reasons for wanting to defeat us. Or not.

Part 3........,, today i destroyed a dozen more def buildings. From the start of this game def buildings were useless. Gree never attempted to rectify this flaw in the game. It was my pride to have them all at level 10 anyways. Now they are lost. My base is handicapped, it weeps, it mourns.....

Yes speed, the coordinated attacks of the pirates on my base to destroy my wave breakers and siege tanks did trigger my anger indeed. A true enemy of the pirates was born. You had to protect your investment which is, i guess, as such a valid reason. Then the leaderboard events came and I decided to win all of them one way or the other and i did. I particularly remember a very exiting one ;). I never have beaten the sup faction but on the individual level, that was different ;). Anyways, it resulted into some cooperation between myself and an esteemed pirate in order to both get the main prize. This in fact worked a few times. I would even say, we became friends! Gree was pissed, they now needed to pay out the main prize twice. The pirate attacks subsided and also hostilities seased. In fact we organised together the one and only effective gold boycott. Time went by and at the point when my army had reached invincible status upon consistent ridiculous spending a new development emerged. Its name was: supergirl...... As will be explained later, how the pirates dealt with supergirl lead to my deep rooted mistrust towards the pirates and in fact towards Gree as well. I decided to never ever trust them again......

Socks
04-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Is that a no?

Speed ump
04-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Lol, I'd have to take credit for her. She was buddies with doob, and in was using my second game to buddy up to him to mess with him, after initially fighting him.We were having some good laughs with that. I had hit super girl with that game, she game back, so I kept her dark for days at a time. She offered to help doob with fighting that game, but by then me and doob were best buds. I got him to agree that he would do nothing while I hit her. She grew and grew frim that time, so you wernt my first victim,lol. I would build my money buildings to entice her to attack my main game, then delete them as she attacked. I'd have to say she was not amused, especially after I did that three times. Over time, we actually got to know and respect each other, laughed about the old battles. Pun started from people that fought each other, and we continue that tradition today. Some take it all personal, and there are a small number that I would never let into sup. But this is a war game, and we war. Your enemy today, could be your teamate tomorrow. If I start to take things too personal, it's time to go. I've made my share of both enemy and friends, it's something I can live with.

adewizard
04-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Guess what gree did to me! They screwed me by suspending my account because of I use multiple emails for gaming and personal use. I send on a ticket concerning my gold purchases and then changed my email to what they wanted me to and then they out a hold on my account because they are dumb. If they don't fix this iTunes will be contacted and I will receive my money back. I explained this to gree that I use multiple emails to avoid spam and such but they suspended my account. So I will keep postin this to all forums until they fix it

I'll spam gree with all my iTunes receipts till it's fixed

adewizard
04-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Let's see of CJ or any of the developers or engineers will reply to this. They screw their customers they screw their business.

Mr llama
04-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Guess what gree did to me! They screwed me by suspending my account because of I use multiple emails for gaming and personal use. I send on a ticket concerning my gold purchases and then changed my email to what they wanted me to and then they out a hold on my account because they are dumb. If they don't fix this iTunes will be contacted and I will receive my money back. I explained this to gree that I use multiple emails to avoid spam and such but they suspended my account. So I will keep postin this to all forums until they fix it

I'll spam gree with all my iTunes receipts till it's fixedGuess how easy it is to fix? Just send a help email to yourself then include that info I your email. How do you expect them to know the differences between the two. Try setting up an individual email for both devices
Every email is set to a different device if two are the same you should send the device info

Ferr
04-05-2014, 03:52 AM
Part 4...... I have now destroyed all def buildings. What a waste of programming if you think of it. Buildings without ever having any use. Nevertheless, my base looks desolate, naked vulnerable in the grand scheme of things. Pirate pillager raided it for a last time, he must be sad as well. Many still want to buy my base and account inclusive the 55k gold on it. Gree has preemptively warned me to not consider this and indeed why should I.

........ In those times i met PJ, what a formidable pirate that was! Mortal enemies and at the same time together on the barricades for better game play. Winning the leaderboard became more difficult after i think 5 wins in a row. Reason for this: hacking. The hackers until then were foolish enough to expose themselves too easily. They became smarter overtime. The gold hack was the worst one. With counterfeit i tunes card they were able to purchase gold for a fraction of what i paid for it. They were not doing it massively yet so i could still outspend them. Gree promised me to take on the hackers and I believed them. My spending spiralled upwards. I wanted to be the first who would have all buildings level 10 and all land purchased. Talking about serious goals in ones lives lol. At the end of this period i was about as strong as the strongest and contemplated to quit the game. Many players i started to dislike anyways because of their bullyism, trollism etc. Then Gree made a brillant move, they introduced factions. One morning I woke up with a massive amount of pms, mails, messages from guys i had never heard of telling me, begging me to create a faction and help them to defend themselves against the bullying pirates. An interesting thought i thought.........

Alexindahouss94
04-05-2014, 04:10 AM
I'm sad that you have to give up the game Ferr, but everyone has a life and life has to continue to go on. I never met you, never knew you, but i've heard of your MW legacy lol. Live free mate, break away from this curse desguised as a blessing

Janoe123
04-05-2014, 04:37 AM
good luck in life man!

Hondo
04-05-2014, 04:40 AM
I'm enjoying the stories from both your perspectives on the history of your rivalry. Best read in a very long time. Thank you both.

Congratulations Ferr on the baby girl. Enjoy your retirement.

Ferr
04-05-2014, 10:44 AM
If you really want to quit, donate all your high bonus items to Full Assult. You will have no reason to comeback after that. Bases can be rebuilt. I've seen it from many of those who "quit".

In fact, this is exactly the way how I will destoy all my units sir during next full assault. Ferr will go out with a blast and perhaps some others will join to experience and wittness this ;)

lemonhaze
04-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Part 4...... I have now destroyed all def buildings. What a waste of programming if you think of it. Buildings without ever having any use. Nevertheless, my base looks desolate, naked vulnerable in the grand scheme of things. Pirate pillager raided it for a last time, he must be sad as well. Many still want to buy my base and account inclusive the 55k gold on it. Gree has preemptively warned me to not consider this and indeed why should I.

........ In those times i met PJ, what a formidable pirate that was! Mortal enemies and at the same time together on the barricades for better game play. Winning the leaderboard became more difficult after i think 5 wins in a row. Reason for this: hacking. The hackers until then were foolish enough to expose themselves too easily. They became smarter overtime. The gold hack was the worst one. With counterfeit i tunes card they were able to purchase gold for a fraction of what i paid for it. They were not doing it massively yet so i could still outspend them. Gree promised me to take on the hackers and I believed them. My spending spiralled upwards. I wanted to be the first who would have all buildings level 10 and all land purchased. Talking about serious goals in ones lives lol. At the end of this period i was about as strong as the strongest and contemplated to quit the game. Many players i started to dislike anyways because of their bullyism, trollism etc. Then Gree made a brillant move, they introduced factions. One morning I woke up with a massive amount of pms, mails, messages from guys i had never heard of telling me, begging me to create a faction and help them to defend themselves against the bullying pirates. An interesting thought i thought.........
ive said it once and say it again the def builds are not useless..they are great for blocking boosts..once u get ur boosts blocked and no one can touch u then they lose interest in ur base assumeing u collect on time which i do..so i keep the def builds around for nothing other then blocking my boosts so no one can take those out and trust me once u do this its so relaxing bc ppl know that only way they can annoy u is hit ur boosts..there has been many now that use to take out my boosts bc they wouldnt collect on time that i go to and just drop the boost for old days revenge and when they come to my base its always dark except for the little lights that are on but are in a force field that they cant touch and now they dont even give me a speed dial back...
im glad i was a free player back in those itunes hack days..i heard about that but never thought that to be true now from as long as i been here anything and everthing is possible

Dirty Mind
04-05-2014, 11:22 AM
ive said it once and say it again the def builds are not useless..they are great for blocking boosts..once u get ur boosts blocked and no one can touch u then they lose interest in ur base assumeing u collect on time which i do..so i keep the def builds around for nothing other then blocking my boosts so no one can take those out and trust me once u do this its so relaxing bc ppl know that only way they can annoy u is hit ur boosts..there has been many now that use to take out my boosts bc they wouldnt collect on time that i go to and just drop the boost for old days revenge and when they come to my base its always dark except for the little lights that are on but are in a force field that they cant touch and now they dont even give me a speed dial back
Google translate doesn't recognize this language.

Maddog's Wife
04-05-2014, 12:09 PM
In fact, this is exactly the way how I will destoy all my units sir during next full assault. Ferr will go out with a blast and perhaps some others will join to experience and wittness this ;)

Oh. Wow. That would be incredible to watch. 😳. Maddog says he will join you in that endeavor.

Scot
04-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Good grief just quit already. Why feel the need to announce it? Youve announced it so many times... are you looking for attention? Of course, you'll reply to this with some supposed intellectual comment like you always try to do... because you havent quit. If you really are quitting then just quit. Goodness.

Global
04-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I say if it is cheap therapy for Ferr to post his thoughts and feelings about this game and some of its history so he can move on with his life, that is a good thing. He clearly invested a lot of his time and money into Modern War and should be allowed a platform to state his feelings. If you don't care what he has to say, then just don't read it.

Ferry, I hope this provides you some closure so you can move on to what appears to be happier things in your life. This game is a marathon rather than a sprint. The good news is you can quit running the race at any time. Good luck to you!

Ferr
04-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Good grief just quit already. Why feel the need to announce it? Youve announced it so many times... are you looking for attention? Of course, you'll reply to this with some supposed intellectual comment like you always try to do... because you havent quit. If you really are quitting then just quit. Goodness.
It is ok Scott, not understanding my comments is not something you have to be ashamed of.

Ferr
04-05-2014, 02:56 PM
I say if it is cheap therapy for Ferr to post his thoughts and feelings about this game and some of its history so he can move on with his life, that is a good thing. He clearly invested a lot of his time and money into Modern War and should be allowed a platform to state his feelings. If you don't care what he has to say, then just don't read it.

Ferry, I hope this provides you some closure so you can move on to what appears to be happier things in your life. This game is a marathon rather than a sprint. The good news is you can quit running the race at any time. Good luck to you!
This is awfully true. In the netherlands they provide methadon to drugs addicts to help them kick the habit. This forum is my mw methadon indeed. Ty for your kind words.

whitepath23
04-05-2014, 04:32 PM
When I think of you I think of my positive things never a negative. I have tought of many things to say.....bits of advice...words to sum up your career. I think the best words can be found in the Bible.

1 Corithians 9:24. NIV says this

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

I think you have gotten the prize and won the race.

The Fly Fisher
Leader of Respect All Fear None
Since Brazil

Ferr
04-05-2014, 05:31 PM
When I think of you I think of my positive things never a negative. I have tought of many things to say.....bits of advice...words to sum up your career. I think the best words can be found in the Bible.

1 Corithians 9:24. NIV says this

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

I think you have gotten the prize and won the race.

The Fly Fisher
Leader of Respect All Fear None
Since Brazil
As a born catholic i can appreciate these words sir. The prize can never be a pixel indeed but still......

Part 5 ...... I have now started to delete the first low level money buildings. There goes my iph. Money buildings have become important again but who cares...

To create a faction to beat the pirates, was that possible? It took me a few seconds to decide to have a try at it. But whom to invite? At that time the strongest players were pirates and they were already pretty organised. Pirate United Nation or PUN was easily formed. The same applied to Superfaction who was fiercely accused by PUN to have continuously hacked the game. How could I ever beat them? I had no ingame friends as such. In the blind i started communicating with those who had send messages to me. During those early conversations i realised that if i were serious to try to beat the pirates i needed to be their opposite on all levels. That quickly led to a dark versus light dogma. This dogma was appealing to all those who did not particularly liked them members of the sea faring nation (i always found that a funny description). Still, the ones who joined me were not very strong. We called ourselves Ferr's Emperors but were not taken seriously at all. There was no way we could become a threat was the common opinion on this forum. Just one guy with high stats and a funny faction. However, i had a plan, a business plan. Gree allowed it and watched me executing it..........

Allblacks
04-05-2014, 06:39 PM
It appears that this is not a retirement thread, but your memoirs, Ferr - Good luck. Nice knowing you during my short tenure in FE...

King Fox
04-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Hey bro, before you go, would you mind donating some of that insane IPH to my faction? It never hurts to ask.

Work the game yourselves instead of try to leech. No one gave Ferr a free leg up into this game.

King Fox
04-05-2014, 09:47 PM
And another leecher!

King Fox
04-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Is that a no?

And another leecher!!!!

King Fox
04-05-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm really enjoying these historical posts from Ferr.

I just hate seeing the leechers posting here for free money and help from a man who had no free handouts! Spend your own money guys!!!!

Ferr
04-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Part 6....... Recruitement was from those who were were bullied, from those who disliked the pirates. That was the easy part as there were so many. Next step was the formation of a business oriented board who would steer the faction. The board members were alaska ken (HR), chuck nuts (game specialist), Heinz (communications and CFO) and leth (administration). We worked for the ideal that the faction would become a faction of gentlemen/women who would represent the mw community and beat the bad guys ;). We drew up a protocol with our values (a pirate loving spy copied it and published it on this forum which, in hinsight, became one of the best single recrutement actions). Further, and rather importantly, all Emperors financially contributed to a specially created fund. With that fund we were able to purchase all faction bonusses long before anyone else was able to. When the the first WD event came an average group strengthwise but highly motivated individuals had to test the waters the pirates dominated.........

Ajk
04-06-2014, 03:52 AM
Damn! Another cliffhanger. Don't leave us hanging to long.

Best read in a long, long time Ferr and Speed.

Allday
04-06-2014, 05:55 AM

Yours,

Ferr please do not quit. Maverick will be heartbroken. Your base has been funding many growlers.

Ferr
04-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Ferr please do not quit. Maverick will be heartbroken. Your base has been funding many growlers.

The main moneybuildings will remain untill full assault when i will burn all bonus units as well. Immediately after that those will be gone as well. Maverick will survive.

Allday
04-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Nice jump in stats this morning

Maddog11
04-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Loving hearing the true story, there have been so many rumors and misinformation er the last couple of years it is good to see the truth revealed in the end.
Waiting for the next chapter of the story

Ferr
04-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Part 7....... I need to make sure I cant return to mw. Many of us have tried to stop and destroyed their base just to ask Gree some time later to re install their account. The addiction is true and fierce. The next full assault will help me with that ;).

The first WD event was upon us, Brasil! My god, the adrenaline was killing us. We were no match to the pirates but i saw the outperformance of many Emperors. They bought gold like madmen, fathers with jobs, accountants, brokers and yes lawyers. The impossible happened, against all odds and against the whole forum's explicit expectation, we became second in between the pirates and superfaction (who came third). Many found this hard to believe......We celebrated and started to believe that we could win this. We felt we were just getting started. More money was assembled. The relationship with Gree had improved a bit. One thing we had to prevent was that no pirate nor hacker would infiltrate in our faction. It was all about reputation. If we were to even accidently harbor a hacker in our midst it could kill our "light" reputation instantly. Also, already then too much money was involved to risk any mess ups. I would sometimes send a list of our new members to Gree.... The communication and gathering of info on other factions was professionalised, the board was expanded. We were proud of what we were, what we radiated. Emperors like Panzer, Joe, Sreka, Spartan, DJ emerged as fierce attackleaders (a specific job during MW) and gained legendary status. The pirates were not amused. They felt they could beat us any time but at what cost? The mutual armsrace and goldspending went beserk. I was personally blamed for that and such triggered some black pages on this forums history. Personal information on me and some faction members were placed on the forum. Hatemail and even threats came my way up to the point I had to inform some authorities. Gree intervened reasonably but still there was a time i did not feel safe at work or home. Fortunately, that subsided and It did help to polarize the light and dark dogma further and of course they hated it. They nicknamed the Emperors as pinguins or birds (truly funny as well). Greenland was upon us and we were sure we were going to win this time and sink them dark sea faring enemies........

big fat dad
04-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Waiting for MORE!!!

Alexindahouss94
04-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Quite a compelling story Ferr, i hope before you destroy your account, you join OSW and help them finally beat the pirates during FA. That would be a wonderful moment in the MW community, and everyone (except the pirates) would agree that destroying your account and beating the pirates would be the best way to end your legacy. Don't be the guy who failed to beat the pirates like you said, be the guy to beat the pirates to a pulp on your retirement day. That my good sir, would be EPIC

menmylac
04-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Before you completely NUKE your base post a few screenshot of it.....

DTA-HOG
04-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Ferr you spent enough money... Do not spend another dime. One man can not take down SUP. You tried... You earned their respect... You gave them motivation to play this game for 2 years... You are, in a weird way, their hero. Go out with your head held high as you walk backwards into the sunset with both middle fingers blazing higher than the heavens. You came... You saw... You kicked some a$$!

Welcome to fatherhood. 1 through 3 is simple with the right woman. It's #4 that's the kicker! You may actually have to change a diaper it two! Haha

Ryans67
04-07-2014, 07:45 AM
I'm enjoying reading the history from your perspective. Great memories in this game. I'm half tempted to explain the "spy" aspect and some of the other smaller details that were going on at the top. Not sure some of these guys realize just how much goes into building a top 3 faction. It's not just piles of gold. The good ole days sure were enjoyable. Glad to see you have kicked the habit.

-PIRATE PILLAGER

Ferr
04-07-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm enjoying reading the history from your perspective. Great memories in this game. I'm half tempted to explain the "spy" aspect and some of the other smaller details that were going on at the top. Not sure some of these guys realize just how much goes into building a top 3 faction. It's not just piles of gold. The good ole days sure were enjoyable. Glad to see you have kicked the habit.

-PIRATE PILLAGER

Part 8..... Ryan 67, our spy indeed but you are forgiven my friend ;).

..... Greenland.... We came second again..... Sigh. This was going to take much longer. We had Emperors who were not up to the task financially, we had spies and ......... we were battling pirates with level resets....... This was an uncalled for advantage although in hinsight i must conclude that we would not have won if this advantage was not there. Clearly, Superfaction was no match but the pirates were unbeatable. Damn, now what. Fortunately, strong players poored in such as Ben Dover and sreka. However, we needed more time. Meanwhile, pirates were contemplating schemes to kick us from second place with all means necessary. The next two wd events all went the same way, the pirates won easily first place and just as easily we kept our second place. I think they hated it as they felt time could change things, their certainty of winning was gone and they were not only loosing the light versus dark propaganda but also lost their bullying-grip on many players in the game and on the forum. Their time of intimidation was over especially on this forum. They had to be nice at times, create new friends and fight the dark dogma bestowed upon them. On the other hand, The Emperors grew wary of second place, the forum almost begged us to win at least for once, second place birds.... It was killing me. Then Ireland came. For Ireland we had prepared immensely, we were ready to double the WD points......... It became the most surrealistic wd event ever and was never topped anymore..........

Ferr
04-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Part 9....... And we doubled our points indeed. We went to a staggering 85 million, had beaten the pirates in a direct confrontation and decided to push them aside during the last 6 hours of the event. We gathered on time, 42 of us and started declaring...... On a terrible sidenote, my wife was hospitalised to remove an embryo which was growing in the wrong place. That was her first very unfortunate pregnancy. During here waiting in the hospital she tapped for distraction and the Emperors supported and tapped with her, she went into surgery during the last two hours of the wd event, whilst i was waiting for her i continued tapping.... Surrealistic and heartwarming if i think of it......... We came close, so close in fact no one has ever got closer ........ But we lost...... Again. Now, for the first time, i have to admit, i felt something was wrong here. I will not elaborate on that further but safe to say that at that moment serious warning bells were there.... The Emperors had lost and i knew we would never beat them, in fact no one would, not now and not in the future. Nobody new but after Ireland although continuing the PR battle I had given up........ I started communicating with Gree......

Speed ump
04-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Now ferr, I believe some of this story is getting exaggerated beyond facts and reality. Hate mail? Threats? Fear for your safety? Not from us. Personal attacks are more the realm of what's left of your previous faction. The most we might have done, I did send you a pirate shirt, in good fun. Intimidation? Sure we were and are stronger than the rest, and if any tread on our bases, we do respond. I don't think anyone fears attacks so much these days, since there's less to lose, and they've gown used to such things. Seems like your going to rehash the same old excuses for why you wernt able to win, I'll even place a bet in that. If you did not notice in Ireland, we waited two hours before starting to battle again. We wanted to draw it close and give hope, only to draw it away at the end. We knew you would push that morning. Some did get nervous watching and doing nothing for two hours.It would never have be so close otherwise, you saw how we could stay ahead when we fought head to head. Even Ryan knows how that feels, we did that once in a battle with ace. The one time you did manage to beat us head to head, we tried the same thing, just got our timing a little off and you got it at the end, no excuses, we should not have been playing around,lol. But such is what keeps it intresting for us. Sometimes we like to give that littlest spark of hope, only to dash it again. Goes back to that dark side I guess. I'm happy to wear the cloak that others give us.

Mastert55!
04-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Yours,

Before you destroy your base can you add me as an ally so I can just look at it? I want to see the legendary Ferr's base before it is gone forever. Or did I just read this too late.

reesiepuff
04-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Before you destroy your base can you add me as an ally so I can just look at it?

Me too ferr, Ive heard so much about this ... 308842776

Ferr
04-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Now ferr, I believe some of this story is getting exaggerated beyond facts and reality. Hate mail? Threats? Fear for your safety? Not from us. Personal attacks are more the realm of what's left of your previous faction. The most we might have done, I did send you a pirate shirt, in good fun. Intimidation? Sure we were and are stronger than the rest, and if any tread on our bases, we do respond. I don't think anyone fears attacks so much these days, since there's less to lose, and they've gown used to such things. Seems like your going to rehash the same old excuses for why you wernt able to win, I'll even place a bet in that. If you did not notice in Ireland, we waited two hours before starting to battle again. We wanted to draw it close and give hope, only to draw it away at the end. We knew you would push that morning. Some did get nervous watching and doing nothing for two hours.It would never have be so close otherwise, you saw how we could stay ahead when we fought head to head. Even Ryan knows how that feels, we did that once in a battle with ace. The one time you did manage to beat us head to head, we tried the same thing, just got our timing a little off and you got it at the end, no excuses, we should not have been playing around,lol. But such is what keeps it intresting for us. Sometimes we like to give that littlest spark of hope, only to dash it again. Goes back to that dark side I guess. I'm happy to wear the cloak that others give us.

Part 10...No pointing fingers my friend and certainly not to you. There were those amongst the pirates I trusted. The light-dark dogma was a part of the game that I started. Professionals told me that, although you speed can fully grasp the relativity of a dark virtual cloak, creating this was a mistake. Apparently, not all understand there is a difference between what we radiate for fun in this game on the one hand and reality on the other. What happened was pretty nasty and it does not fit my profile to lie about that. The point is moot though and yes the pirate shirt was very much welcomed as you know. It will remind me of this all and indeed much of it is not bad at all.....

We had lost in Ireland. The Emperors were sad, to say the least. We kept our second position during the next WD events but the fun had subsided and no further attempt was made to win (and if we would have tried, we would have lost for sure). The funny thing was that the pirates, after Ireland, thought they could not risk close calls anymore hence needed to spend a lot more to create a much bigger gap than they were used to (speed, you can deny this if you like ;).
We did continue for a while. Pirates merged with Superfaction. For months the pirates had screamed to all who wanted to hear that supergirl and her friends were notorious hackers and then this merger..... We entered into a period during which the cartel was formed. Factions under the influence of the pirates. A bit later the Alliance was formed. Factions under the influence of the Emperors. It did bring a temporary new vibe in our gameplay. Dog of War became our best friends. The combined information systems became superb. On this forum the battle was more fierce than on the battlefield. The upcoming demise of the pirates was proclaimed about every other hour up to the point that we had to show our true colors in a last epic battle. This last epic battle never came. Some time before it three members of the board wrote to me, in an emotional letter, that they needed to resign from the faction with pain in their hearts. I could not allow that and gave my last order to them to remain in the faction and I removed myself not to return in any top faction again. I retired in an extremely nice faction called Umbrella corp lead by the maddog family.

This ends my story. I have played this game with more passion than I anticipated. Much has been left out as I would not like to provoke Speed further ;). Ty all for this experience. I kind of like you all, even the trolls. Not being in this game is going to be tuff but others have done it as well ;). I will be around untill the next full assault where I will burn all those virtual bonus units. If you wish to join me .........
Yours,

crazeejay
04-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks for letting me raid you a couple weeks ago when you had your allies down. Good luck in your future endeavors man!

Speed ump
04-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Yes, we did make a bigger gap, no doubts about that. The cartel was never under the influence of sup, and indeed I was asked at one time to be explained why the cartel would not allow a sup faction( one they denied was even sup, though I myself had a game there) to place in the top ten. I laughed a mighty laugh at these poor folk who dared to seem themselves the masters of the pirates. I told them, quote politely for a pirate, in no uncertain terms would they hold any power over us, if they wished to keep us from top ten, then they would have to fight for it, the old fashioned way. Needless to say, the cartel was not a happy group. One even attempted to attack the member of this faction, so we brought the heavy guns to bear. The battle lasted less than an hour before they cried for a cease fire. And how many guesses do you need to figure out where this faction placed? My little dummy game , all 130k of him, did well over 5mil wd points, and I did not even begin to battle until Saturday evening, when sp1 place was well in hand. Telling a pirate what he can or can't do just puts a knowing smile on his face,lol.

Mastert55!
04-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Before you destroy your base can you add me as an ally so I can just look at it? I want to see the legendary Ferr's base before it is gone forever. Or did I just read this too late.

Forgot to add my ally code lol. 426512909

bobthebuilder654
04-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Before you destroy your base can you add me as an ally so I can just look at it too? I want to see the legendary Ferr's base before it is gone forever. Or did I just read this too late.Allie code is 324459029

Socks
04-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Work the game yourselves instead of try to leech. No one gave Ferr a free leg up into this game.

We're working just fine pal, it just didn't hurt to ask. You're just pissed because you didn't think of it first.

David Steelman
04-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Nice reading, Ferr. Like all the parts. And it looks like the old WD was Epic. Ireland sounds like crazy. LoL

But do u or anyone else remember the final score for PUN n Emperors in Brazil??? In the WD score lists I only c rank for Brazil.

borov
04-08-2014, 04:44 AM
I have enjoyed reading this as well. I joined about a year ago and remember all the back and forth and the threads that this rivalry spawned. All the little guys have long wanted for someone other than the pirates to have placed in #1 spot because who doesn't like the underdog. That said congrats to the pirates for keeping such a stranglehold on the top spot. I was lucky enough to have gotten a hold of Ferr's ally code and requested allies and low and behold he added me. His base was truly epic and it blew my mind to see his income and stats and to scroll through his inventory and see the myriads of units that were so much better than mine. Ferr, wish you the best in life and in the recent expansion of your family. Thanks for all the memories of this game that you made for everyone.

Speed ump
04-08-2014, 05:27 AM
Steelman, final score was something a bit over 1 mil diff in Ireland.

David Steelman
04-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Steelman, final score was something a bit over 1 mil diff in Ireland.

Hello sir. Yes, that I c in the thread History of wd Winners but I was asking for Brazil. Brazil wd scorelist dont show the score. Only the rank.

bam bam.
04-08-2014, 06:35 AM
Great read. . .

Modern War is more than a game, it is another world.

2MblaZ
04-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Yes, we did make a bigger gap, no doubts about that. The cartel was never under the influence of sup, and indeed I was asked at one time to be explained why the cartel would not allow a sup faction( one they denied was even sup, though I myself had a game there) to place in the top ten. I laughed a mighty laugh at these poor folk who dared to seem themselves the masters of the pirates. I told them, quote politely for a pirate, in no uncertain terms would they hold any power over us, if they wished to keep us from top ten, then they would have to fight for it, the old fashioned way. Needless to say, the cartel was not a happy group. One even attempted to attack the member of this faction, so we brought the heavy guns to bear. The battle lasted less than an hour before they cried for a cease fire. And how many guesses do you need to figure out where this faction placed? My little dummy game , all 130k of him, did well over 5mil wd points, and I did not even begin to battle until Saturday evening, when sp1 place was well in hand. Telling a pirate what he can or can't do just puts a knowing smile on his face,lol.

Oh no - you can't do that!!!! Or wait - oh yes you can do that!!!

now let us see that smile plz ^_^ ;)

Dutchie
04-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Great read. . .

Modern War is more than a game, it is another world.

I think you mean that it takes over your world and life... The gameplay is far too intense for my liking and even though we can choose the events to participate in, the reality is that in doing so would mean that you get left behind. Having to constantly grind eventually becomes monotonous and boring, especially as there is little strategy in just speed tapping. You can't take a break of any significant length and then come back to it unlike most games without being seriously handicapped. The events when first released were novel and fun but the novelty quickly wore off, for me anyway. On top of the outrageous money required to complete events in a pay-to-win game, the only winners here are GREE.

Good luck and god bless Ferr.

Ryans67
04-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Before you add these guys as allies.... I might as well shed some light on how a small number of people would always find you to raid. :cool:

Maybe later I will post a couple of the historic screenshots.

Ryans67
04-08-2014, 12:34 PM
This was when Ferr was retiring the first time. He allowed forum members to tap him, and he gave us all speed dial. He then dropped to 1 ally, and let us take cash. The amounts are laughable now, but back then, a level 3 nano was unheard of. His base and the raids amazed us, and it was a generous thing to do for the forum community.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag154/ryans67/Mobile%20Uploads/D0555D2E-3F46-4E6C-94C4-CB7F8DAB5965_zpszxfvzm4j.png (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/ryans67/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D0555D2E-3F46-4E6C-94C4-CB7F8DAB5965_zpszxfvzm4j.png.html)

Ryans67
04-08-2014, 12:38 PM
To put the timing in perspective..... This is what richness used to look like. lol. Amazing how things have changed so drastically.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag154/ryans67/Mobile%20Uploads/7F69BB21-9762-4DC7-A0BE-E3CE4FF519A9_zps1g8fxrvz.png (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/ryans67/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7F69BB21-9762-4DC7-A0BE-E3CE4FF519A9_zps1g8fxrvz.png.html)

David Steelman
04-08-2014, 12:50 PM
WoW. Thx Ryan. So that was the monster stats of old times? How cool is that. I love the number of finish missions. But how he did save up 77 bil with only 12mil IPH I dont understand??? That takes some time. Is that from Before the WD n the factions???

Ryans67
04-08-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm trying to "date" the pictures based off the surrounding MW pics. I have a feeling that was right as factions started. Maybe when the AC came out. Before Brazil though for sure.

Wingman GRI
04-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Intersting read...thanks Ferr / Ryan

Ferr
04-08-2014, 01:24 PM
I think you mean that it takes over your world and life... The gameplay is far too intense for my liking and even though we can choose the events to participate in, the reality is that in doing so would mean that you get left behind. Having to constantly grind eventually becomes monotonous and boring, especially as there is little strategy in just speed tapping. You can't take a break of any significant length and then come back to it unlike most games without being seriously handicapped. The events when first released were novel and fun but the novelty quickly wore off, for me anyway. On top of the outrageous money required to complete events in a pay-to-win game, the only winners here are GREE.

Ty dutchie, take care of the dutch for me :p

Maddog's Wife
04-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Compelling read, Ferr. Thank you for opening a door into the past for us, and sharing your recollection. ��

Maddog11
04-08-2014, 02:42 PM
It was an honor to have you use Umbrella as your retirement home, I remember when you first joined us during a few events, trying to keep all the faction members quiet as to let you play without being hounded by the masses.
It has been fun to fight alongside you "streaking" our way to glory. I appreciate the way in which you quietly motivated the faction to dig just a little deeper. Famous lines when we were contemplating throwing a battle in hopes of dropping in rank, "There is no quit". "Will stay awake for one more" when 50 hrs into the war. Once again, thank you...you made Umbrella better. I even had fun again for a brief time.

Maddog

dledour
04-08-2014, 02:47 PM
To put the timing in perspective..... This is what richness used to look like. lol. Amazing how things have changed so drastically.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag154/ryans67/Mobile%20Uploads/7F69BB21-9762-4DC7-A0BE-E3CE4FF519A9_zps1g8fxrvz.png (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/ryans67/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7F69BB21-9762-4DC7-A0BE-E3CE4FF519A9_zps1g8fxrvz.png.html)

A fun read for sure! Ferr, let's face it, we all had a good time playing. Some wear white hats ( you) some of us wear black hats (me)....
I think we all enjoyed playing as "rivals" to each other in good spirit....
Some of that has changed in the game today.
I wish you the best of luck with your new family!

CBB

Alexindahouss94
04-08-2014, 03:23 PM
A fun read for sure! Ferr, let's face it, we all had a good time playing. Some wear white hats ( you) some of us wear black hats (me)....

CBB
Wow, when was this? Hard to put a perspective on Ferr's stats

Ryans67
04-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Wow, when was this? Hard to put a perspective on Ferr's stats

This would be end of 2012, or January 2013. Strong players would be around 100k stats. Top couple of players were around 500-700k. They were gods. Fun times indeed.

One man army
04-08-2014, 03:44 PM

Yours,

I thought you gave your account to someone and this wasn't the first time you posted a farewell thread. Are you gone for good? Or no?

Ferr
04-08-2014, 03:54 PM
I thought you gave your account to someone and this wasn't the first time you posted a farewell thread. Are you gone for good? Or no?
I am afraid so. The retirement was nice but in the end not a feasable gameplay for me (soft spending i would call it). Once the units are gone a return or come back is impossible. From then on, you can live in peace sir.

lemonhaze
04-08-2014, 04:01 PM

CBB

lol these was the days..i think at this time i had like 20k stats which wasnt to bad but back then if u had 100k i was a bad dude..lol i remember all i ever wanted was to get to 100k then all the stat inflation come out..i remember telling this to someone the other day and they was like yea right..this is good solid proof of that..12m iph still got most acts smoked on IPH and this had to be in mid/late 2012

codys21
04-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Ferr,

I never had the opportunity to play with you as I've always been in a top 100/150 faction but always thought it was great watching you and your "nobody" faction trying to topple PUN. You have inspired many people in this game and you will be missed. I wish you luck with your family! You are certainly making the right decision in leaving the game.

And out of curiosity, what are you current stats/iph after the most recent stat inflation?

fofito30
04-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Hey Ferr, enjoy your family and freedom. The moment you nuke your base and burn your last unit with boost is the moment you won. Think Gree wants you to embrace that freedom sooner than later as they just issued a surprise 24 hour Full Assault.
GL2U

krabbie
04-09-2014, 02:55 AM
Hey Ferr, enjoy your family and freedom. The moment you nuke your base and burn your last unit with boost is the moment you won. Think Gree wants you to embrace that freedom sooner than later as they just issued a surprise 24 hour Full Assault.
GL2U

Think this event is scheduled for Ferr only, hope there will only be a top 1 prize and no loots so we can all work on weekdays and earn money to spend on MW for other more enjoyable events!

Tournai
04-09-2014, 05:52 AM
Denk dat je een wijs besluit hebt genomen! Dit spel gaat elke paar weken over de kop en an de top blijven kan alleen met en ongelimiteerde reditcard. Mocht je een plek nodig hebben om je pensionado te stallen, dan is er ruimte bij de Dutch Fighters, momenteel de beste en zeker de leukste nederlandse factie :)

Je basis doneren aan een van ons kan natuurlijk ook hahah ;)

Have a great life with the respect of all of the MW-community!

Ik sluit me hier bij aan!

Greetz The Dutch Fighters Leader

bam bam.
04-09-2014, 07:51 AM

There will always be players above and below you. I think it was Ferr earlier saying you need to spend X amount to get to the top. The gree model is not to allow anyone to just sit there.

It is another world; choose the events which are fun and convenient for you. Spend your play money on what you find fun, outside of that sit back...relax and try not to get too frustrated at the ludicrous decisions that are made at the top.

The model works in devaluing old investments which gives the new generations the motivation to spend as they have that shot at the top (or at least a spot higher up the ladder). You invest $100.00 - it is grees aim to make that worth 10c as soon as possible so the new guy knows if he spends his $100.00 today he will beat the last guy who has spent $100.00 a hundred times but his units/base is now worth is now $10.00.

You can take your time out, and buy your way back in when ever you want. Many have burned their base and come back. You can destroy it all and still come back. You want your $100.00 to remain $100.00...buy assets not pixels.

bam bam.
04-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Think this event is scheduled for Ferr only, hope there will only be a top 1 prize and no loots so we can all work on weekdays and earn money to spend on MW for other more enjoyable events!

I like this idea!!!!! (Spend play money only, not your kids college fund or you mortgage repayment lol)

Dutchie
04-09-2014, 09:28 AM
There will always be players above and below you. I think it was Ferr earlier saying you need to spend X amount to get to the top. The gree model is not to allow anyone to just sit there.

It is another world; choose the events which are fun and convenient for you. Spend your play money on what you find fun, outside of that sit back...relax and try not to get too frustrated at the ludicrous decisions that are made at the top.

The model works in devaluing old investments which gives the new generations the motivation to spend as they have that shot at the top (or at least a spot higher up the ladder). You invest $100.00 - it is grees aim to make that worth 10c as soon as possible so the new guy knows if he spends his $100.00 today he will beat the last guy who has spent $100.00 a hundred times but his units/base is now worth is now $10.00.

You can take your time out, and buy your way back in when ever you want. Many have burned their base and come back. You can destroy it all and still come back. You want your $100.00 to remain $100.00...buy assets not pixels.

What I have learned is not to touch these pay-to-win games with a barge pole, nor to spend silly amounts of money on a game which uses a model that devalues in-app purchases in a short period of time. I never cared for what happens at the top, however many still spend silly amounts even at lower levels. No game is worth the money they are asking for... It is a continuous rip off and I have stopped spending a while back now. I only collect and do the LTB these last 2 months. Even that is boring and pointless and I might just do a Ferr and just get rid of this crap for once and all...

David Steelman
04-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Ferr, it is time. Full Assoult today 2PM, CJ54 time. So best of luck.

Ferr
04-09-2014, 11:08 AM

A completely true comment sir.

Ferr
04-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Ferr, it is time. Full Assoult today 2PM, CJ54 time. So best of luck.

Will burn it all starting after dinner amsterdam time

Elite Enforcer
04-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Happy retirement man.

TheDanimal
04-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Will burn it all starting after dinner amsterdam time

Ferr,

I've enjoyed the character you and the emperors brought to the game. Forums read like a soap opera... Knights in shining armor riding in to save the rest of the world from the Snidely Whiplash villains of the sea faring nation haha. Your posts always read like stories & I appreciated your flair for the dramatic.
The game won't be the same without you. Off of your stage, the pirates are just a bunch of men & women, like the rest of us, with an arguably unhealthy addiction to this game... Not that it is necessarily a bad thing; there are worse addictions to be had, as Speed pointed out I believe... *sigh* look at me rationalizing my own addiction already. Haha. Have to laugh at it. Back to my point - on your stage the SUP family were the villains of the game, but in a fun way. I know some of them & have talked with others. Some really great men & women at all the SUP levels... Some a$$hats as well - just like the rest of us. The dynamic between the Emperors and SUP brought a lot of character to the game. Light vs. dark, hero vs. villain... We all got to choose a side in the drama. With your final departure, I feel like that 'character' is leaving as well. Now SUP is just another faction & no longer a Hydra or a SPECTRE. Can't have a villain without a good guy & no one did it like you.

We were allies once upon a time when you posted your ID - your base is insane. I can't imagine how hard it's going to be to dump it all. Congrats on your baby girl & good luck to you in your future endeavors. Hope to still see you pop up on forum in the future. Take care

Speed ump
04-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Danimal, what's your game name, I bring a little of the evil back for you if you'd like,lol. I'm sure osw will continue in the their efforts on their smear campaigns, with many willing followers, so still more character to go around. As long as we still allow them third place , I suppose that will continue. Oops, did I just say that. I'm a baaaaad man.

lemonhaze
04-09-2014, 01:57 PM
with that type of dumping u should be able to get ur buddys in umbrella corps some nice units..gl and enjoy ya self

TheDanimal
04-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Danimal, what's your game name, I bring a little of the evil back for you if you'd like,lol. I'm sure osw will continue in the their efforts on their smear campaigns, with many willing followers, so still more character to go around. As long as we still allow them third place , I suppose that will continue. Oops, did I just say that. I'm a baaaaad man.

Lolol. Same name in game ;)
all stocked up on evil at the base, thanks!
Sure, the big tub of popcorn isn't empty quite yet, but it's not the same story with Ferr gone.
& you've gotta work on your evil laugh Muwhahahaha!

DTA-HOG
04-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Why don't you guys ease up on this one Speed. It's not WD. Think of it as a individual leaderboard. You guys don't need to win em all. Heck, most factions are burning tree snipers. We were supposed to take it off but our competitive nature has us in 8th. Bossman throwing Growlers in the fire like there's no tomorrow...

Let's see some screenshots Ferr!

lemonhaze
04-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Why don't you guys ease up on this one Speed. It's not WD. Think of it as a individual leaderboard. You guys don't need to win em all. Heck, most factions are burning tree snipers. We were supposed to take it off but our competitive nature has us in 8th. Bossman throwing Growlers in the fire like there's no tomorrow...

nice..the bossman is a crazy good dude..he cant control himself..been meaning to PM him..i usally hit him up once a week to check in with him but havent in a bit..i think i do that now

_Michael
04-09-2014, 06:12 PM
uh ohhhhhhhh

Speed ump
04-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Dta, I wouldn't know how to take it slow.

TheDanimal
04-09-2014, 07:45 PM

SUP take it easy? pfffffff BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!
Conan! What is best in life?
To destroy your enemies, see them driven before you & hear the lamenting of their women.
(Replace Conan with SUP)

TheDanimal
04-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Dta, I wouldn't know how to take it slow.

The name does kind of imply the opposite of slow...

Allday
04-09-2014, 08:33 PM
My Part- Ferr, it is sad to see you go. I applied to your faction before the first WD but because my stats were not good enough I was rejected. (I didn't apply because pun was hitting me. I didn't know what pun was) I always thought you were a good guy and stood for something (ethics). I continued to think this until Ben Dover and Vulcan came aboard. I have seen numerous in game msgs from Vulcan and Ben that do not hold true to Ferr values. I also know what warrior elite did, I sent you a pm, no response. Ferr honestly 15 months ago you were the guy I admired, but after everything I have seen over time this is no longer the case. Ego and trying to be number 1 sometimes makes the best of us compromise principles.

Btw - the Vulcan I referring to is the guy who bought the original vulcan's account. The original Vulcan was a good guy.

Allday
04-09-2014, 08:37 PM
IMO ego and pride caused you to look the other way to what your faction members where doing.

Allday
04-09-2014, 08:39 PM
People that read the forums and are in a top 50 faction may believe the light vs dark thing. I was there in a top 10 for many wars. It doesn't matter what you say here. My experience is SUP is light an Ferr is dark. Regardless of the forum. BTW - I'm not on SUP, just disappointed. Even if you lost I thought you were better.

Ferr
04-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Allday, If it helps I apologize for my pride and apparent ego. Whatever side you choose do not copy these things from me indeed.
Take care sir

Allday
04-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Ferr, I don't understand Ben and Vulcan. I don't get that

Allday
04-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Allday, If it helps I apologize for my pride and apparent ego. Whatever side you choose do not copy these things from me indeed.
Take care sir
You apologize without apologizing. Your witness

Ferr
04-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Ferr, I don't understand Ben and Vulcan. I don't get that

Sir, these are things you should take up with them.......

Allday
04-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Ferr, I have. Lol I was advised further contact would involve legal proceedings. I simply asked the same things I have asked here. I was not rude but I was threatened. So I stopped asking. You were the leader so I ask you

Allday
04-09-2014, 09:03 PM
I was very nice about it but I was threatened

Allday
04-09-2014, 09:05 PM
I always felt at some point the inmates were running the show.

Allday
04-09-2014, 09:12 PM
To your credit, only in my opinion, I gave you the benefit of of doubt. I thought the faction got out of control.

Ferr
04-09-2014, 09:25 PM
The values were true and sincere........ Perhaps not to look back in anger especially when it concerns a game... Anyways, i am out ;)

Allday
04-09-2014, 10:04 PM
The values were true and sincere........ Perhaps not to look back in anger especially when it concerns a game... Anyways, i am out ;)

I believe you had a core set of values. The problem is when your faction didn't follow your values you didn't step in.

Allday
04-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Outsiders (me) saw this as bad. Forum members who couldn't see what those guys did I understand but big spenders saw it. You give BD credit, he overall cost you

DTA-HOG
04-10-2014, 12:56 AM
Ummm I think someone's had a few too many IPAs... Lol

It's a stupid little game played on a 3" screen. Get over it bro....

PS.... If someone threatens you just raid them and take out their boosts. That will show them who's boss!

fofito30
04-10-2014, 06:31 AM
Ummm I think someone's had a few too many IPAs... Lol

It's a stupid little game played on a 3" screen. Get over it bro....

PS.... If someone threatens you just raid them and take out their boosts. That will show them who's boss!

Think you totally missing the point, what AllDay is saying - and probably he is voicing a large number of players with a year and half and more playing this game- that during Ferr's tenure as Leader of Ferr Emperors he received information from several sources that some of his teammates were "allegedly" performing hacking schemes and exploiting glitches.
We all know Ferr as a stand up guy that played the game with passion and, to the best of my knowledge, without exploiting said glitches and hacks, he even publicly threaten to point the hackers and always criticized Gree for that.
As Ferr is writting his goodbyes and a short memoir of his battles, think it will be fitting to ask if Ferr faced his fellow teammates on said allegations and if the abrupt ending of his tenure as Leader of the Ferr Emperors was due to a Coup d'ιtat by his most trusted teammates. And I dare venture to ask this simply because (1) it may put an end to speculation about it; and (2) Because on chapter 10 he hinted at the fact.

wwwmaverick
04-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Ferr Goodbye. I would like to hear your version on the hacking and unethical values from Ben Dover, Vulcan and Ripper before you go seems you have avoided this. I must say I did enjoy raiding your base these last 2 weeks, you have funded many growlers but you are right I will survive.

wwwmaverick
04-10-2014, 08:20 AM
By the way Im not in sup or osw, but ferr your buddy dogs were some of the biggest hackers in the game, please explain

DTA-HOG
04-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Yes I did miss the point! It's obvious bend over was hacking. He recently hacked the past 2 leaderboards and was bragging about it. Who cares though. It's water under the bridge.

And if these allegations are true though I perfectly understand. It appeared the man would attempt to take the 1 spot at all costs. Money only obviously wasn't working.

DMJ
04-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Ferr,
I am sorry to see you leave. I never battled you but I followed you from a distance. Good luck in your new life.

Mr t
04-29-2014, 02:57 AM
I never met you or played w you ferr,
just saw the name ferr's emperors on top of every leaderboard.
I see you are from Amesterdam, Holland
Enjoy life in the great city of Amsterdam neighbour :)