PDA

View Full Version : Strategy? Turtling still the norm?

fahartle
04-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Hey guys,
I've been turtling and building up my base for about half a year now, but random attacks have pulled me to level 25. Seems like I remember reading that the boss fights are easier at lower levels. Should I worry about that anymore or has the game changed? If there's a cut-off point at level 25, what's the next one? Should I just level up a bit so I can build the advanced unit stuff? Not sure what my attack and defense will be because I've avoided allies thus far, but my IPH is 2.4 million. Advice? Thanks in advance!

Merc_mw
04-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Boss has been 1-24 then 25-49, so you have bumped up.

reesiepuff
04-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Boss has been 1-24 then 25-49, so you have bumped up.

No it is 5-25, 26-50, 51-75... not sure when next one will be, i think after this war there will be one. You prolly will level up by then though

FromAfar
04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
With the new units, income is good. Until the next major statflate. My low account rides a sidecar in our faction, gets strong, and only fights for the 5 day boss events to beat some bosses. Level 20 or so. ALEX! ;)

While i camp, I upgrade and build income. No hurry.

As long as you're having fun, other things don't matter much.

Major Weapons
04-02-2014, 08:31 PM
A year and a half and your iph is only 2.4 mil? Thats very low for that amount of time

HayeZeus
04-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Considering he can't even build an oil rig, I'd say 2.4 is substantial.

xknite
04-02-2014, 09:10 PM

3 things...
1. Always be upgrading
2. Join a faction and try to rank 500 or higher so u can get the +3 alliance, -15% building upgrade time & 20% building output bonuses.
3. Save cash and buy and upgrade the LE buildings as they have lowest upgrade times and likely no lvl restrictions.

-x

lemonhaze
04-02-2014, 09:11 PM

lol in a yr and a half i have raised my iph over 25m..idk what hes upgradeing supply depot and armorys is all i can imagne

Major Weapons
04-02-2014, 09:15 PM

A year and a half ago there probably was no restrictions on buildings you can buy.

Tito89
04-02-2014, 09:20 PM
My iph is only 600k, yet I still can drop 10 mill a day to my faction bank AND buy units to boost stats. Ive spent close to 50 mill on units in a week. iph isnt such a big thing for me now, who really needs a high iph to be any good anyway?

Major Weapons
04-02-2014, 09:42 PM
My iph is only 600k, yet I still can drop 10 mill a day to my faction bank AND buy units to boost stats. Ive spent close to 50 mill on units in a week. iph isnt such a big thing for me now, who really needs a high iph to be any good anyway?

Having a high IPH doesn't make you a good player, but is definitely helps. I can donate 50 million a day to my faction or more and can still bank a 150 to buy units or save for LE upgrades. And I don't have to spend my time searching for people to raid all day. It's been months since I have bothered to raid people.

Mastert55!
04-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Well if you look at all the top 10 factions, the IPH's are crazy high, so you can say having a high IPH makes you a good player. With more money you can now buy better units, I bought 3 billion worth of airplanes and my Deff went up 60 mil.

pb23
04-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Anyone else feel silly that everyone is arguing about IPH after a year and a half when the OP said he has been playing a half a year? That's a full 12 months difference...

pb23
04-03-2014, 12:57 AM

ANSWER: Anyone wishing to keep up with the Joneses. It is a proven fact that a high IPH will directly affect stat growth as we move forward.

Thief
04-03-2014, 04:29 AM
As mentioned the new boss Tier starts at lvl 26.

Growing your IPH is definately important as the new units can be purchased with in game cash and make you more competitive compared to those around you.

Most importantly have fun in the game.

My reccomendation is to still play the game but just avoid XP where you can.

Participate in the Raid Boss event (no XP outside of rewards), Participate in FA (no XP outside of rewards), Particpate in Epic Boss Events (Still lowest XP event) and participate in WD (the highest return on XP you can get)

Crate events are also low XP however their return is really an unkown with an unkown amount of gold required (to pick up crates just raid supploy depots, Armories, Command Centers lvl 7 and below for 1xp hits)

Events to Avoid if you don't want XP are LTQ. They require more XP than any other event. For those already past lvl 150 it doesn't really matter but at your level i would avoid.

Hopefully that can help. Remember its a game and should be treated as such (so have fun) and also remember what works today doensn't necessarily work tomorrow for a strategy in this game.

mwfighter
04-03-2014, 05:04 AM
Everyone will "eventually" converge to 3000 of the 20K-28K cash units. The 2 factors are how long will it take you and what boosts do you have when you get there.

Agent Orange
04-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Hey guys,
I've been turtling and building up my base for about half a year now, but random attacks have pulled me to level 25. Seems like I remember reading that the boss fights are easier at lower levels. Should I worry about that anymore or has the game changed? If there's a cut-off point at level 25, what's the next one? Should I just level up a bit so I can build the advanced unit stuff? Not sure what my attack and defense will be because I've avoided allies thus far, but my IPH is 2.4 million. Advice? Thanks in advance!

Based on what you are saying you have wasted a year and a half. Yes there have always been building restrictions though at one point a long time ago there was a glitch and the restrictions dropped. Also don't forget that in this time new buildings have been added.

The bare minimum level you should be at is L50 because that unlocks ALL unit buildings and then upgrade all your unit buildings to L10. Highest priority on the type that matches your flag if you selected one that gives unit boosts. If not I would upgrade my air or sea unit buildings first.

IPH, now extremely useful since we have some very strong units that we can buy. 2 million IPH isn't a lot IMHO even for the level you are at.

The bad news, you are going to get your buildings raided a lot more frequently as new players and long time players start new players and bulk them up. My lowest level player LLP is L17 with 100 allies and I am seeing 2-3 million stat players in my rivals list.

And you could have really shot yourself in both feet if you didn't have a good plan for your skill points....

AHH
04-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Anyone else feel silly that everyone is arguing about IPH after a year and a half when the OP said he has been playing a half a year? That's a full 12 months difference...

And yet, even after this post...the debate continues.

The guy's IPH was built in 6 months, not 18 as everyone keeps referencing.

fahartle
04-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Lol, yeah - six months. Not a year and a half. Thanks for the advice, guys. What's the easiest way to get the folders (or whatever item) you need for the raid boss and quests without getting tons of xp? I tried raiding peoples' low level supply depot and armory, but didn't get any - maybe just bad RNG. I got a few off of the 1xp attack items on the low level maps - is that the next best method?

2000y2k
04-03-2014, 11:24 AM
You need to do use energy to get folders not raiding/attacking.

Still not sure how you can enjoy the game by skipping actions and events that give you exp but to everyone their own.

Agent Orange
04-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Whoops, ok you wasted 6 months then…..

Tito89
04-03-2014, 02:28 PM
ANSWER: Anyone wishing to keep up with the Joneses. It is a proven fact that a high IPH will directly affect stat growth as we move forward.

Good point, but Im not fussed, im enjoying the game with my low stats, thats all that matters.

Ajk
04-03-2014, 04:14 PM
If your turtling, Id suggest you walk, don't run, but walk briskly, straight to the nearest bathroom, you have limited time. :rolleyes: