PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Vaults

Badvock
04-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Apple has just increased the costs of things for us in Australia. I'm interested to know how much vaults cost in other countries.

Original Price = $ 109.99
New Price = $ 129.99

That's almost a 20% price increase. They say its because of exchange rates.
I smell male cow poo.

pick_sax
04-02-2014, 12:08 AM
That's fine because next time there is a 20% off sale, you'll save even more money!

Seriously, standard price is 99.99USD. Haven't had reason to check the USD/Aussie rates in a long time.

Apple has just increased the costs of things for us in Australia. I'm interested to know how much vaults cost in other countries.

New Price = $ 129.99

I smell male cow poo.

Badvock
04-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Current as of just now

1.00 USD = 1.08201 AUD
US Dollar ↔ Australian Dollar
1 USD = 1.08201 AUD 1 AUD = 0.924205 USD

works out that a vault should still be $109 as it originally was

Badvock
04-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Think we really need a mods help with this one

Skelewu
04-02-2014, 12:19 AM
We pay taxes on every vault with pay down here across the border which sucks.

Digger666
04-02-2014, 02:14 AM
How can Apple increase the amount it costs? Surely funzio has something to do with it? Anyhow, I thought the $109.99 was expensive, but to see it's now $129.99 for 1500 gold is pathetic.

Ok, my wife plays another game and it's the same, so it's obviously iTunes Australia. Unfortunately for me though I'm unwilling to pay this much for a vault.

Gerard Figallo
04-02-2014, 02:37 AM
It still says the amount is $109.00, but when you go too buy it the price jumps.

MojoJojo
04-02-2014, 02:39 AM

New Price = $ 129.99

I smell male cow poo.

I smell an April fools...

Gerard Figallo
04-02-2014, 02:40 AM
It's the 2nd of April in Australia

MojoJojo
04-02-2014, 02:56 AM
Same here in Japan. I'm guessing it's an "American" thing.

MoD
04-02-2014, 02:56 AM
Switzerland:

1 USD = 0.88 CHF
1 Vault = 100 CHF = 113.81 USD
To Gree, the exchange rate to qualify for the Gold bonus is 1:1. So e.g. to get into the 2'000 USD tier I have to spend 2'272 USD.

Gree-Maths.

mickymacirl
04-02-2014, 03:25 AM
Same here in Ireland, 20% increase to 119.9 Euro (from 99.99 euro) per vault, which is equal to 165 (178 AUS) US dollars per vault.

Digger666
04-02-2014, 03:30 AM
Same here in Ireland, 20% increase to 119.9 Euro (from 99.99 euro) per vault, which is equal to 165 (178 AUS) US dollars per vault.

Holy crap, and I thought mine was expensive. Well seeing as iTunes have increased our costs it seems gree needs to increased their gold. After all. Grees gold costs gree nothing to produce, while we work our butts of to earn real $$ to play.

DIABLOPEZ
04-02-2014, 03:56 AM
The Netherlands - Europe.

Price of a Vaults is still 89,95 €

Digger666
04-02-2014, 04:00 AM
The Netherlands - Europe.

Price of a Vaults is still 89,95 €

Until tomorrow lol

X-BASS
04-02-2014, 04:44 AM
Spain here:

Vault price was around 60€, now it's 76'18€.

SargeHU
04-02-2014, 05:33 AM

New Price = $ 129.99

I smell male cow poo.

What a joke... Apple hasn't increased it for other countries??Aussie tax I think is the appropriate words. I have 3 Aussie mates playing and we r done. I will use what I have with top faction, but unfortunately this is the last straw for me. Overpriced fake gold just became obsolete for me. Nice way to kill The game. Maybe a relativity small increase, but more the principle for me.

Digger666
04-02-2014, 05:39 AM
What a joke... Apple hasn't increased it for other countries!! Aussie tax I think is the appropriate words. I have 3 Aussie mates playing and we r done. I will use what I have with top faction, but unfortunately this is the last straw for me. Overpriced fake gold just became obsolete for me. Nice way to kill The game. Maybe a relativity small increase, but more the principle for me.

It's not just Australia mate, a few other countries have seen price hikes as well. I know it's not grees fault but like you, I'm using what gold I have left and that's the finish to my spending.

big fat dad
04-02-2014, 06:15 AM
I am at the moment in Poland, Central Europe, and here the local currency is ZL (more less 3ZLs=1USD). On my polish tablet Gree announces that gold purchases cost 99,99zl per vault, but as the matter of fact visa always charged me 3 times more! When I caimed credit-card-people replied that it is the game provider tarrif not theirs. Question: is Gree only misguiding and is not able to control its software or is fully aware of taking profits from the xxxxx

I have informed Gree few times, but for them "issue has been resolved". At the moment waiting for the reply of the last claim.

Ps. If anyone demands a proof, I have "a few" printscreens, just in case I will go to court with them.

Big John
04-02-2014, 06:18 AM
I was told gold cost more on iOS than andriod because Apple takes a cut.

Rotti
04-02-2014, 06:23 AM
The exchange rate is a rubbish excuse. Last year when it was $1US-$1.10AU I didn't see the vault price drop.

mickymacirl
04-02-2014, 06:28 AM
I was told gold cost more on iOS than andriod because Apple takes a cut.

It's pretty much half price on Google Play on Android in Ireland, around 69.99 per vault, Apple charge 119.99.

lemonhaze
04-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Current as of just now

1.00 USD = 1.08201 AUD
US Dollar ↔ Australian Dollar
1 USD = 1.08201 AUD 1 AUD = 0.924205 USD

works out that a vault should still be $109 as it originally was

my vaults cost me with tax 104.95..its always been the same since i started this game

Badvock
04-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Below is my official response from iTunes. Minus names, basically they blame Gree

Dear Xxxxx,

Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Xxxxxxx.

I understand that the In-App price of the "Modern War" has risen 20% and you would like to know that why you will need to pay more for this In-App game purchases. I know how eager you are to make In-App purchases with reasonable price and I will provide you with the necessary information.

Xxxxx, I would like to let you know that the prices of items that can be purchased from within this application are not determined by Apple.

The developer of this application may be able to shed some more light on In-App purchase pricing. You can find the developer's contact information on their website:

http://gree-support.net

Important: Mention of third-party websites and products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of information or products found at third-party websites. Apple provides this only as a convenience to our users. Apple has not tested the information found on these sites and makes no representations regarding its accuracy or reliability. There are risks inherent in the use of any information or products found on the Internet, and Apple assumes no responsibility in this regard. Please understand that a third-party site is independent from Apple and that Apple has no control over the content on that website.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries.

Thank you for being a valued iTunes Store customer.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Xxxxxxx

Thief
04-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Below is my official response from iTunes. Minus names, basically they blame Gree

Dear Xxxxx,

Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Xxxxxxx.

I understand that the In-App price of the "Modern War" has risen 20% and you would like to know that why you will need to pay more for this In-App game purchases. I know how eager you are to make In-App purchases with reasonable price and I will provide you with the necessary information.

Xxxxx, I would like to let you know that the prices of items that can be purchased from within this application are not determined by Apple.

The developer of this application may be able to shed some more light on In-App purchase pricing. You can find the developer's contact information on their website:

http://gree-support.net

Important: Mention of third-party websites and products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of information or products found at third-party websites. Apple provides this only as a convenience to our users. Apple has not tested the information found on these sites and makes no representations regarding its accuracy or reliability. There are risks inherent in the use of any information or products found on the Internet, and Apple assumes no responsibility in this regard. Please understand that a third-party site is independent from Apple and that Apple has no control over the content on that website.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries.

Thank you for being a valued iTunes Store customer.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Xxxxxxx

Problem is Apple is only telling you that Gree Sets the Price @ $99.99 per vault

jeffvan
04-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Cost of a vault in UK on android is £63.17. However when you go to purchase it comes up currently as £63.72 and states because of currency fluctuations.

Currently, 1 GBP = 1.66343 USD so it is worth $105.08.

Happy days! Such a bargain, might buy two!

Digger666
04-02-2014, 08:22 AM
I don't understand how some countries are affected and some aren't. Wtf is going on. Apple says it's not them as gree determines the pricing of their product. What has gree got to say on this matter?

Johnny Jackass
04-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Denmark
on IOS 649KR = 119,68 USD
on Android 566,30KR = 104,37 USD

Blodiea
04-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Its probably a convenience charge from Apple for having to figure exchange rates, taxes ect.

2000y2k
04-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Well as the price goes up it just makes hitting the gold bonus tiers quicker.

Too bad this is not a good thing.

I am a cow!
04-02-2014, 01:07 PM

New Price = $ 129.99

I smell male cow poo.

well i won't be buying gold anytime soon then...F U GREE(dy) u had to bite the that fed u

Infected
04-02-2014, 01:58 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Apple takes 30%
In-App Purchase lets you sell a variety of items directly within your free or paid app, including premium content, virtual goods, and subscriptions. And just like apps you sell on the App Store, you receive 70% of the purchase price.
https://developer.apple.com/in-app-purchase/

Key Difference Between iOS and Android in-app billing
Google IAB uses Google Market/Checkout for all transactions. All terms and conditions of that system apply to Android IAB. Accordingly, app developers have to be responsible for their own taxation and related reporting. This varies from iOS, where Apple does all business on behalf of the apps. In addition, Apple handles all international taxation and related matters and cuts the app publishers a check at the end of the process.
http://mashable.com/2011/04/20/android-in-app-purchasing/

Apple raises international App Store prices to adjust for exchange rates
(From March 31, 2014)
Apple on Monday notified developers that App Store pricing for five currencies will be changing within the next 24 hours, with the adjustments serving to acclimate the digital store to fluctuating exchange rates.

As noted in the iTunes Connect letter, provided to AppleInsider by reader Gregg, the changes affecting both the iOS and OS X App Stores are routine adjustment made periodically to reflect worldwide economic trends.

To account for changes in foreign exchange rates, App Store retail prices will be increased for the following currencies:
Australian Dollar
India Rupee
Indonesian Rupia
Turkish Lira
South African Rand

In addition to the App Store price bumps, Apple will be raising retail prices for Israeli New Shekels, while decreasing "some price tiers" for New Zealand.

Apple adjusted App Store pricing in the UK in 2011 and in Japan last year.

Developers can view the new Pricing Matrix as well as updates to their iOS Paid Applications and Mac OS X Paid Application contracts on the iTunes Connect website.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/03/31/apple-raises-international-app-store-prices-to-adjust-for-exchange-rates

Another public service announcement from
ɪɴғẽḉẗềd̶ ™ Communications Inc.
( a division of iDELPH )

Badvock
04-02-2014, 04:17 PM
So reading between the lines. This is the new price for vaults for Aussies and other countries now and unless Gree wishes to take a pay cut from those countries, that's how it's going to be. Might be time to setup an American iTunes account and use a us based VPN. If that will work.

Tardavic
04-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Hey guys, not sure if this will be of much help, but please understand that purchases are processed through iTunes, but you could also send Apple some feedback regarding your international price increases.

You can also reference the following link for more information if it will help any:

http://www.macstories.net/stories/the-great-disparity-in-global-itunes-prices/

Digger666
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Hey guys, not sure if this will be of much help, but please understand that purchases are processed through iTunes, but you could also send Apple some feedback regarding your international price increases.

You can also reference the following link for more information if it will help any:

http://www.macstories.net/stories/the-great-disparity-in-global-itunes-prices/

Thanks for putting up some input mate. But it doesn't really change the fact that I'm now expected to pay more for gold. I understand it's not your fault but it's still unfair regardless. My account spending will now reflect my feelings on the rise.

ASHOdamatel
04-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Seems Droid is the better option

Digger666
04-02-2014, 08:49 PM

Maybe for purchases but I hear a lot of complaints About the droid platform.

Mastert55!
04-02-2014, 09:21 PM

But remember, Gree stopped supporting about half of the droid devices. LMAO

Also, you guys pay taxes on in app purchases?!?!? Wow

sister morphine
04-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Thanks for putting up some input mate. But it doesn't really change the fact that I'm now expected to pay more for gold. I understand it's not your fault but it's still unfair regardless. My account spending will now reflect my feelings on the rise.
All Aussies should move to New Zealand for the duration ;)

Kimm
04-05-2014, 12:59 AM
here in Holland on android you pay €81,39 which is $111,50 per vault. Maybe android is cheaper compared to ios. But android Def has more issues. And iTunes always has a sale going on somewhere.. here in Holland you don't even have the Google play cards.

Big she'd
04-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Well it's made my decision to go gold free a lot easier , thanks for my next holiday , might be able to upgrade now lol

Colonel J
04-05-2014, 03:46 AM
Still 93.18 a pop for a vault on droid in Australia. Chew on that apple. Your making your customers turn green and red. I smell a worm here. Cinderella got poisoned by an apple so I guess you apple gurus are being poisoned too. My advice spit the apple out and toss it in the bin. Jump on the droid train brothers the fares are much cheaper.