PDA

View Full Version : Beginning of the End

thundarr
04-01-2014, 06:53 AM
This is the beginning of the end of MW. The stat hyperinflation was the last straw. New players are effectively shut out of MW. If you joined today you have little chance of ever becoming anything. You need to be in a good faction and none will take a low level player now especially with events requiring you to donate units. You will have missed out on all the bonuses that went before. A few months ago you could build up a player with the Boss event and accomplish something but now with the stat hyperinflation that's out. 80 to 300 million stats are common now. Minis are 50 million. Now with Gree cramming as many time intensive events into every week players are starting to drop out at an alarming rate. 4 long timers in my faction last week. With few new players coming in and old players dropping out Gold revenue will start to dry up and that will be all she wrote. There is no way to go back, the genie is out of the bottle. It was very short sighted on Gree's part to inflate the stats. I have enjoyed playing the game and I will continue for awhile but I can see the end in sight.

Mikethegreat88
04-01-2014, 07:02 AM
I've been hearing people say this for years. This game is currently ranked 31 on the top grossing list of all App Store apps. Down a little this week because of that dreadful event, but still going strong. It'll be back in the top 10 or 20 after next WD.

DFI
04-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Not true. They could start a new game in parallel that starts over with new maps and units. People will start playing that game if Gree starts to phase out the current one by no longer offering events. While people will complain, new players will come in droves as everyone is starting over. Even gold spenders will then migrate and try to build up quickly to regain their position. Many others follow by trying to beat sup and be like sup so that they can stay in the leading group. You may laugh at this suggestion, but it's entirely possible. This could extend MW for several more years and fix the inflation issue for 18 months. To make this more palatable, Gree could offer to transfer gold one time only from your old character to your new character. But units, buildings and other stats would need to be reset.

thundarr
04-01-2014, 07:14 AM
Not true. They could start a new game in parallel that starts over with new maps and units. People will start playing that game if Gree starts to phase out the current one by no longer offering events. While people will complain, new players will come in droves as everyone is starting over. Even gold spenders will then migrate and try to build up quickly to regain their position. Many others follow by trying to beat sup and be like sup so that they can stay in the leading group. You may laugh at this suggestion, but it's entirely possible. This could extend MW for several more years and fix the inflation issue for 18 months. To make this more palatable, Gree could offer to transfer gold one time only from your old character to your new character. But units, buildings and other stats would need to be reset.

Why would people start over again after they were burned out and disappointed? Why not migrate to a different game? Its not like MW is the only game like this out there.

2MblaZ
04-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Why would people start over again after they were burned out and disappointed? Why not migrate to a different game? Its not like MW is the only game like this out there.

Either that or better yet - migrate to actually getting a real life instead of this messed up virtual one that destroys real one...

DFI
04-01-2014, 08:18 AM

Trust me, there are enough addicts that as much as I agree with what you say, people will come back if they think the playing field has been leveled, even if it is for a short period of time. There are enough players who have learned from playing MW the first time around, that I'm sure there are tons who would love a shot at starting over if everyone is also forced to do so.

Spazer
04-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Don't call it hyperstat inflation. I came up with the idea of stat inflation and hyperstat inflation. I knew this would happen one day.

Thief
04-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Don't call it hyperstat inflation. I came up with the idea of stat inflation and hyperstat inflation. I knew this would happen one day.

Wow you came up with the idea? I bow before your wisdom and Anchient Age.

2000y2k
04-01-2014, 09:40 AM
This is the beginning of the end of MW. The stat hyperinflation was the last straw. New players are effectively shut out of MW. If you joined today you have little chance of ever becoming anything. You need to be in a good faction and none will take a low level player now especially with events requiring you to donate units. You will have missed out on all the bonuses that went before. A few months ago you could build up a player with the Boss event and accomplish something but now with the stat hyperinflation that's out. 80 to 300 million stats are common now. Minis are 50 million. Now with Gree cramming as many time intensive events into every week players are starting to drop out at an alarming rate. 4 long timers in my faction last week. With few new players coming in and old players dropping out Gold revenue will start to dry up and that will be all she wrote. There is no way to go back, the genie is out of the bottle. It was very short sighted on Gree's part to inflate the stats. I have enjoyed playing the game and I will continue for awhile but I can see the end in sight.

Says the guy who gets 10k WD points and does not help in faction events. Try being an active player and not a forum troll and maybe you can get your stats in line.

Mahan
04-01-2014, 11:06 AM
not the first sign of people ending....

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?16110-I-am-done-with-this-SALE-starting-soon!!!

that was 2 years ago, if gree gave 1 gold for everyone quiting i'd be rich (ingame)

Digger666
04-01-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure, but with these cash and valour units it's changed the game play definately. I think the idea was to have most of these units sacrificed in the full assault event which gree where hoping we would love and embrace as the best event ever. What a slap in the face, Now we find a lot of players unwilling to sacrifice the units for an unworthy event. Stats have gone through the roof and will continue to build like crazy. It's definately a turning point, wether it's good or bad, we will see over the next few months.

lemonhaze
04-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Wow you came up with the idea? I bow before your wisdom and Anchient Age.
HAAHAH i must bow with u wise sir