04-01-2014, 05:12 AM
It's still ****. That is all.

t12pm
04-01-2014, 11:53 PM

Quoted for truth!!!

sister morphine
04-02-2014, 12:36 AM
As a relative stat midget these days I'm slowly coming round to the new list. At least I'm spared the untouchable stalkers/leechers now.

It's far from perfect, but what isn't. :p

CCC-syn
04-02-2014, 02:42 AM
I used to get robbed everyday from ppl with no iph.
For me this new rivals list is a blessing!
Whoever robs me is also a worthy opponent to rob back.

bravo 6 vk
04-02-2014, 02:55 AM
This.
Plus, i see only 30 levels lower and above me, so its not deep into 250 as it was earlier.

cynicalmofo
04-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Or in my case, I have a stats list of all 272 rivals I've seen on my list and only 2 have better IPH's. The other 270 have similar ATT/DEF but nothing worth robbing.

Nighteg
04-02-2014, 04:01 AM
It's still crap. Always was, always will be.

CCC-syn
04-02-2014, 04:29 AM
Or in my case, I have a stats list of all 272 rivals I've seen on my list and only 2 have better IPH's. The other 270 have similar ATT/DEF but nothing worth robbing.

what is your iph?
i have 3mill and i thought it was the highest ever, until they introduced the new rivals list.

DirtBagCronin
04-02-2014, 05:47 AM
I have the same people. Up until the new LTB came out I was robbing on average 20-40 million a day. The last couple days have been 1.5 million if I'm lucky. Every good I go to there's either nothing to rob or everything says it's ready and I get a $1 or the message that says can't rob. I feel like its gree wanting me to spend money on in game cash so I'm able to get this LTB.
Along with I have the same person continuing to rob me almost every hour. I'll miss collecting by a minute or two tops. I haven't attacked or robbed back in almost a week ok'd how they keep getting to me.

cynicalmofo
04-02-2014, 06:54 AM
what is your iph?
i have 3mill and i thought it was the highest ever, until they introduced the new rivals list.

I have a few accounts - lowest has a $5.5m IPH and the highest is now $39.9m

Max Power
04-02-2014, 07:26 AM
As a relative stat midget these days I'm slowly coming round to the new list. At least I'm spared the untouchable stalkers/leechers now.

It's far from perfect, but what isn't. :p

In a way I am too. My pet peeve is stalkers, the same people robbing me again and again. This way I get fresh people robbing me instead of the usual stalkers. It still isn't worthwhile to hit back, my income of far higher than most that hit me, but at least they aren't untouchable.

Morgz
04-02-2014, 11:50 AM
I have a few accounts - lowest has a $5.5m IPH and the highest is now $39.9m
Serious question: with iph of 39.9 mil, do you need to rob? Seems to me even you collect a fraction of that, you have all the money the game could ever ask for, no?

Muj
04-03-2014, 06:16 AM
Serious question: with iph of 39.9 mil, do you need to rob? Seems to me even you collect a fraction of that, you have all the money the game could ever ask for, no?
no.

I used to get robbed everyday from ppl with no iph.
For me this new rivals list is a blessing!
not true for me, my iph has grown to 5.5m and all my robbers and most rivals are all lower than 2-3m, nothing worthy of robbing and I earn 2.2m/hr instead.. BS

cynicalmofo
04-03-2014, 06:49 AM

hmmm, I don't need to rob at all but that's so far from the point of my frustration.

No point camping as I am no longer stronger than the rivals that can see me.
No point leveling up as I'll still see the same rivals and be around people the same strength.
No point completing LTQ's as the prizes don't help me become stronger than my rivals.
No point attacking because nobody seems to hold cash since the rivals list changed.
No point in doing raid bosses as the prizes won't make me stronger than my rivals.
No point doing epic bosses as it won't make me stronger than my rivals (And the triggering is also ****)

When you think about it, the rivals list change has made ALL stats irrelevant.

CCC-syn
04-03-2014, 07:17 AM
no.

not true for me, my iph has grown to 5.5m and all my robbers and most rivals are all lower than 2-3m, nothing worthy of robbing and I earn 2.2m/hr instead.. BS

I think gree has changed something yesterday!! -
None of my targets had even close to my iph!
Some of them even had empty hoods.

I guess Gree saw that we liked the iph balancing - so they took it out. You know… greelogic

Morgz
04-03-2014, 11:15 AM
hmmm, I don't need to rob at all but that's so far from the point of my frustration.

No point leveling up as I'll still see the same rivals and be around people the same strength.
No point completing LTQ's as the prizes don't help me become stronger than my rivals.
No point attacking because nobody seems to hold cash since the rivals list changed.
No point in doing raid bosses as the prizes won't make me stronger than my rivals.
No point doing epic bosses as it won't make me stronger than my rivals (And the triggering is also ****)

Yeah I wasn't trying to be a turd -- I just couldn't think of better way to ask the question. I guess NONE of us really "need" to rob. I'm just a new player, trying to comprehend what its like to be a long time player with super high stats and iph. By all accounts on here, it seems you guys have been screwed. The Robbing question was based on me seeing what buildings & weapons are available for me to purchase, and how much they cost. But I guess if you are having to compete against other big dogs, then you have to do what they do, or better

Morgz
04-03-2014, 11:18 AM
I forgot to add: For a newer player, the way the rival list was, you either had to become a camper (for a LONG time), or just lose every rob & attack. Neither of those are much fun for a newer player. So who does Gree keep happy? The old timers that got them here, or the new business they hope to attain?

Muj
04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
So who does Gree keep happy? The old timers that got them here, or the new business they hope to attain?
...so they chose, none

gREeALIST
04-03-2014, 02:03 PM

.....which is exactly what the veteran players and the smarter, logical ones kept reiterating in the original "Rivals List" thread/poll, before it was closed by the mods. Only those that joined the game in the past few months and/or the truly clueless have no frame of reference of the game's dynamics before the rivals' list was revamped last fall. When players came to the realization that the stat hyperinflation added no discernible benefit (other than an overinflated sense of self-worth within the game), that nothing could be protected or was worth protecting, they made the only decision that made sense, and that was walking away from the game. It doesn't matter whether you had 5m or 50m in A/D, everything that people strived to build and earned was all for naught when they restructured the rivals' list. I don't expect the developers to understand because they're not necessarily game designers by trade, and if GREE's game designers proposed the idea in the first place, they're not worth a damn.

cynicalmofo
04-04-2014, 02:06 AM
.....which is exactly what the veteran players and the smarter, logical ones kept reiterating in the original "Rivals List" thread/poll, before it was closed by the mods. Only those that joined the game in the past few months and/or the truly clueless have no frame of reference of the game's dynamics before the rivals' list was revamped last fall. When players came to the realization that the stat hyperinflation added no discernible benefit (other than an overinflated sense of self-worth within the game), that nothing could be protected or was worth protecting, they made the only decision that made sense, and that was walking away from the game. It doesn't matter whether you had 5m or 50m in A/D, everything that people strived to build and earned was all for naught when they restructured the rivals' list. I don't expect the developers to understand because they're not necessarily game designers by trade, and if GREE's game designers proposed the idea in the first place, they're not worth a damn.

I emptied one hood and stopped spending gold on the other accounts.

The only way something like this could ever be changed back is with a solid statement of intent from the players. Sadly, the big syndicates continue their infighting and therefore keep spending money on the game - If that were to stop, even for one war, the point would be made.

The game is dying because of the changes and it seems the more they make, the worse it gets.

Rivals list, epic boss summoning, constant crashes, overlapping energy events, poor LTB's, LTQ's resetting, Energy glitches, hacked gold - the list goes on and on.

Lars
04-04-2014, 02:24 AM
I think gree has changed something yesterday!! -
None of my targets had even close to my iph!
Some of them even had empty hoods.

I guess Gree saw that we liked the iph balancing - so they took it out. You know… greelogic

Change? For me it was like that from the very beginning! I have a good iph and since the introduction of the new RL I only saw two players with a higher iph than mine, perhaps up to another five with more than half of my iph but a number of crappy three-digit iph and several zero income hoods.

BTW: I still hate the new RL with passion.

Lars
04-04-2014, 02:35 AM
I emptied one hood and stopped spending gold on the other accounts.
Sound like the most reasonable decision to me with the new RL still in place.

The game is dying because of the changes and it seems the more they make, the worse it gets.

Rivals list, epic boss summoning, constant crashes, overlapping energy events, poor LTB's, LTQ's resetting, Energy glitches, hacked gold - the list goes on and on.
The strange thing is that the game isn't dead for quite some time already! We have often predicted the end of the game and had good arguments for that -- countless screw-ups by Gree, e.g. changes to a stupid game logic, buggy code, customer service, event timing, stat inflation, gold bonus program changes, ... you name it.

Ceterum censeo RL novum esse delendam.

cynicalmofo
04-04-2014, 05:21 AM
Sound like the most reasonable decision to me with the new RL still in place.

The strange thing is that the game isn't dead for quite some time already! We have often predicted the end of the game and had good arguments for that -- countless screw-ups by Gree, e.g. changes to a stupid game logic, buggy code, customer service, event timing, stat inflation, gold bonus program changes, ... you name it.

Ceterum censeo RL novum esse delendam.

There's a difference between it dying and being dead though - Empty hoods with "**** GREE" written in them with rubbish bags are a very common sight at all ranks. They're also becoming more common these days as more and more players decide to play other games

The gap between gold spenders and non-gold spenders is getting bigger which is another factor in my opinion - Sooner or later the people at the top will get tired of competing against the same 50 players and quit too. What happens when the money stops coming in from the 5% of players that fund the other 95%?

In most (read all) normal games, it's possible to start late and with enough skill, catch up with the leaders... Even with unlimited investment, a new player will NEVER be in the top 10% of the players such is the gap.

But I digress, this is about the rivals list which once more, is still ****.

FlyMeMoon
04-04-2014, 05:52 AM
The rivals list is completely unusable for me coz of my IPH. Whereas in the past I could hit someone knowing they wont hit back, this isnt the case now. As someone has already stated the playing field is too level and even if you increase your stats or other people do, you're in the same situation but with other players. I can see why Gree made these changes but its swung from one extreme to the other. Everyone at my level should be viewable, its not my fault if they haven't as high stats or if they are much higher.

OneHoop
04-04-2014, 09:01 AM
After hating the rival's list for a long long time, I finally gave in and started robbing back. I figured that it doesn't matter if people follow links back to me, since I was being robbed so much that they would have to compete with the leaches to get revenge. I was able to get enough to buy the top purchasable prize from the last SLTQ. And you know what? I still hate the rivals list!

I've been playing this game for almost two years, and all the time that I spent upgrading buildings goes to benefit people who've only been playing for months. SUCKS! I'd much rather collect from my buildings that I have already invested time into rather than spend time searching for other people's unrobbed income properties to rob.

The ironic thing is that the best way to avoid leaches is to stop competing in stats and let them grow into a higher stat tier.

M@

Vito Tagliano
04-04-2014, 09:33 AM
I don't understand who this new Rival List benefits? As a gold spender, you strive to make your stats the best you can so no one can attack you. With the new Rivals list you can never achieve that goal. For those that play for free.....Well you're always screwed. It just makes no sense to me. I want to know who benefits from this and how.

I am making the best of it by attacking and robbing everyone just like "OneHoop" said above me. My IPH is over 12mil and I hardly see anyone with IPH over 4mil for me to rob or attack on the Rivals list. So since I have an easily identifiable name in the game, many players visit my hood to get rich quick. I haven't seen green in my events for 2 months now. Not because I'm weak but because no matter how much I spend to get stronger I will always be matched with others just as strong as me.

Has anyone checked Gree's Stocks to see if they are plummeting yet?

Max Power
04-04-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't understand who this new Rival List benefits? As a gold spender, you strive to make your stats the best you can so no one can attack you. With the new Rivals list you can never achieve that goal. For those that play for free.....Well you're always screwed. It just makes no sense to me. I want to know who benefits from this and how.

It benefits lower income players with good AD stats. Other than that, not much. I can't imagine it benefits Gree in any way either. It's just bad game planning and dynamics.

sister morphine
04-04-2014, 10:57 AM
The ironic thing is that the best way to avoid leaches is to stop competing in stats and let them grow into a higher stat tier.
If only that were true. Sadly you just swap one set of parasites for another.

Nighteg
04-04-2014, 11:22 AM
It was very skillful on CJ's part to lock the previous poll (biggest poll in this forum's history) while it was on the 3rd page, without ever commenting on the subject.
Good job CJ!

t12pm
04-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Actually on second thought I may like it as it saves me 1000 usd or more a cycle. I went from being almost untouchable( other moderate gold spenders could hit but no parasites) to not being able to defend anything so there has been no purpose to spend money since they put this sh it list on lmao all they do is shoot themselves in the foot

jimbo.
04-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Still sucks

jimbo.
04-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Quick update, still sucks

Rorschach139
04-22-2014, 10:05 PM
I actually like the new rivals list.

Kingyz
04-23-2014, 05:21 AM

The most common cause of irritation by me is constantly seeing the same rivals in the list no matter how many times we hit the refresh button the list itself just isn't refreshing the list is simply scrambling the same BS into many randomly generated same ol same ol lists.
Example I hit a hood to rob no probs only take it for 1mil fair enough scroll the entire list nothing in it refresh nothing again hit refresh and there it is the same list of rivals...
I'm thinking some hoods get locked sometimes we see an influx of hoods with frosty hideouts etc then for months we never see them again I'm sure we don't have only 100-150 players within 20-30lvls of our own lvl so GREE share the love around and FFS keep our rivals coming from different lists not just the same Bs for weeks on end.

cynicalmofo
04-23-2014, 05:34 AM
The most common cause of irritation by me is constantly seeing the same rivals in the list no matter how many times we hit the refresh button the list itself just isn't refreshing the list is simply scrambling the same BS into many randomly generated same ol same ol lists.
Example I hit a hood to rob no probs only take it for 1mil fair enough scroll the entire list nothing in it refresh nothing again hit refresh and there it is the same list of rivals...
I'm thinking some hoods get locked sometimes we see an influx of hoods with frosty hideouts etc then for months we never see them again I'm sure we don't have only 100-150 players within 20-30lvls of our own lvl so GREE share the love around and FFS keep our rivals coming from different lists not just the same Bs for weeks on end.

It's the same for me... However, I find that the same **** hoods pop up time and time again and the decent ones take 30 refreshes.

Either way, it's still ****.

Idiokus
04-23-2014, 06:18 AM
I too see same rivals over and over and over!!!! Same folks day in and out no matter how many times I refresh...I know game is about robbing but I've become a stalker ! Hitting same folks over and over ...not fun, quite boring really! I see lvl 190 -250 never liked new RL from start.

Kitty McPurr
04-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Remember the poll about how much the rivals list sucks? Then a couple people decided to hijack it and get the thread closed...suspect.

Anyways, yup the new rivals list still is horrible for game play.

Rickdee
04-23-2014, 10:40 AM
I hate the rival list and on the verge of stopping play because of it...Crappy players consistently robbing me makes no sense.. So bc my IPH is 4.5 and i put in the time and effort to get to that point, i should be able to be robbed with people with lower stats than me?? being robbed by somebody with better stats doesn't bother me bc its a crime game.. But i am targeted by people with 1 million lower attack than me and they rob me blind.. Rob back you say? Why? they dont have anything to rob!

mitche
04-23-2014, 12:33 PM
It's totally impossible to collect now

Kingyz
04-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Bumpin like it's hot

Kingyz
04-24-2014, 02:50 AM
If your feeling cold go and stand in a corner it's 90degrees there
Another bump n grind

Laelia
04-24-2014, 07:25 AM
still hate the new rivals list

Morgz
04-30-2014, 12:36 PM
Will any of you who dislike the current rivals list entertain a conversation with people who actually like the new rivals list?

I am a relatively new player, but I did play some with the old rivals list. I am not some "crappy player" who hasn't built my hood. My IPH isn't a monster number, but it's decent for the amount of time I have played. I have consistently built and upgraded almost since day 1. I didn't always do it the smartest way, but I never let my hood sit idle as MANY others I have seen do. I also dislike it when someone with 8 buildings and an iph of $35k robs and attacks me, successfully.

The problem I had with the old list was, as a new player, once you got past level 25 or so, you had very little hope of ever robbing anyone, and very little hope of ever winning an attack. It was pretty much futile to even attempt. Due to old timer players figuring out how to camp, I would be at level 30 with att/def less than a million, and would get stomped by campers who already had 5 mil plus numbers, but were at my same level. Why would I even want to continue to play? I may as well never collect, because it will only get stolen again (unless I religiously collect instantly, and no one does that early in the game). It made it too difficult to grow past a certain point. I darn sure wasn't going to keep growing my hood just so someone else can take it (much like you guys are pissed about now).

I think I see your side of the coin too. I would be PISSED if I played this game for 2 years, built a sweet, high IPH hood, only to have my spoils taken by someone who just started 6 months ago and has an IPH that is a fraction of yours. I get that.

I wouldn't mind seeing additional tweaking that shifts the balance back a bit in favor of the views of those who hate the new rival list. But I also think that an exact reversion to the "old way" is a mistake too. Your eventually going to have very few to rob from, attack, and play with...becuase newer players simply cannot compete with someone who has camped for 6 months, but is at the same "game level" as a person who started 2 months ago. I don't see how Gree grows a customer base that way.

I suggest some sort of happy medium shift back to the "Old Way", but also takes into account the amount of time a player has spent at each level. Ex: If a player started 2 years ago, and is at level 53 with monster stats, they should not be grouped together with a newbie level 53 who started 3 months ago. Group the "camper" level 50-55 people together, and group the "new guy" level 50-55 people together in a separate group.

Just an idea.

gREeALIST
04-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Ever wonder what happens when you don't rob/attack someone in months, and your last robbery from a rival was more than a week ago?

http://i61.tinypic.com/zk0gg5.png

Remember when one of the mods inferred that revamping the rivals' list was done to encourage more PvP activity, that the intent was to eliminate camping? :rolleyes:

If I thought there was an incentive to keep robbing/attacking others, I would, but there isn't. I used to rob incessantly (almost close to 100 per day for events such as collect-10 cases, when people had a realistic and legitimate shot at completing it, not like the lottery it is now); today, I can't even be bothered to look at a single rival in my list. Why would I? Stats are pointless, I'm not going to put myself on someone else's news feed voluntarily, but most of all, it's no longer fun. Doesn't matter though because I'm no longer a paying customer, and if I had a concern, I won't bother sending it to their "support" staff (I know it will end up in their discard pile anyway).

At this point, I'm no longer mad at, or frustrated with GREE; all I have left is apathy.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
04-30-2014, 02:50 PM
I can't even do crate or boss events anymore because there's not one laundromat in the entire game I can get to in a hood that can't rob me back. The only time I even see other players hoods is when I check them with the revenge button. I've never seen an IPH more than 4% of mine, and it's usually less than 1%. What a joke. If they catch me with my pants down (which does happen, since I can hardly be asked to open the app anymore) they get 100 days worth of meticulous collecting instantly? How's that right?

CuoreBianconero
04-30-2014, 11:36 PM
I stopped all rob/fight activities since this new rival list comming out. Just as the news..97% players in my news arent worth to take a look big stats - no iph...great work gree..
No problem - what about the bugs ? Sometimes super weak players "robbed" me - but there is no building ready to rob..yes they take my cash on hand over 6 m without loosing a fight - ah right no fight it was a "rob"...

Tommorrow starts raid boss i bet the game / rival lists will lag during this event again. Great work gree.

cynicalmofo
05-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Will any of you who dislike the current rivals list entertain a conversation with people who actually like the new rivals list?

I agree that there are multiple perspectives but you missed the most important one. The perspective of the lame players that started new accounts during the Katrina Carver event to boost their stats with little XP gain and are now sitting in my range with $84 IPH's.

I have 8 regular hood campers at the moment and get hit every couple of hours by all of them - Even with the most meticulous collection routine, I still get robbed as they regularly get my buildings 40 minutes before they're due for collection.

For me, the amount of effort I put in to get my stats high while keeping my level low in order to grow my IPH and help my syndicate get good war scores is completely wasted.

Up until the last war, I thought that it was still OK as during battles, I was scoring far more IP for being a lower level player with high stats. Sadly, the IP changes made that pointless too.

Looking at it realistically;

Raid Boss - You waste endless hours trying to trigger bosses to complete the event. By completing it, your stats go up and everyone on your rivals list is still equal to you.

LTQ - You fire off all of your energy, wait a designated time and repeat. By participating in it, your stats go up and you face the same strength of rival.

SLTQ - Little more strategy here however, it is the same result. You complete it and your stats go up but you're still equal to your rivals.

Epic Boss - If you did the LTQ and SLTQ, you'll have donated some uzi's. You or your syndicate may then be spending enough gold to complete the multiple level 100 bosses. By spending this money, your stats will go up and you'll still face rivals of equal strength. Even if you don't spend gold, you're still going to face rivals of equal strength.

As you can see, my issues with the rivals list are far deeper than simply moaning because I'm getting robbed.

With stats being irrelevant, so is IPH. Why waste time getting a better IPH or collecting? The money would be spent on LTB's that increase your stats leaving you facing the same strength of rival.

Add this to the other completely pointless things; Crate items, store items, respect points, goals list, map jobs and it's not hard to see why so many people have quit the "game".

Morgz
05-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Awesome response, cynicalmofo. I was not aware of the first point you made about ppl starting new accounts on the katrina event to grow strong quickly. I agree that blows. I actually agree with every one of the points you made. Having an "equal" (or relatively equal) rival list makes no sense. But I also think making a rival list based solely on "level" makes very little sense, too -- based solely on the fact that people who start today have no way of competing with people who started 2 or 3 years ago that have managed to stay at a low level.

Yes, I think absolutely someone in your shoes (and all the long time players) should be rewarded somehow for their dedication to building kickazz hoods, created high iph, and collected great weapons. I don't know what the solution is, but I really do think there is some merit to the idea of having a rivals list created by level, but also have "time in game" factored in as well. That way, if you are level 50 with 25mil/25mil stats, and have been playing 2 years -- you get a rivals list of other people around level 50 (plus or minus 5 levels) but have also been playing about 2 years. That way, if you have spent your 2 years more wisely and strategically than the others on your list, you stomp them, and they can't stomp back. That would also eliminate you stomping someone like me, hypothetically a level 50 also, who just started playing 4 months ago. That same person also could not touch you.

Question about one of your points: Regarding the turds camping your hood. Did I read what you typed correctly? Are they able to rob your buildings 40 minutes before they come due for you to collect? I'm not being sarcastic here...I'm trying to understand what you are saying, and if there is some aspect to robbing / collecting that I am not aware of. I thought you couldn't be robbed until the moment your buildings are ready to collect?

Nighteg
05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Morgz, as a new player, you make a lot of valid points.
I don't think the real problem was the rivals list, but rather the flawed foundation, on which all of gree's games are built.
The same flaw, that turns leveling up into a punishment rather than a reward. The same flaw that created campers in the first place.
There are few solutions:
1) increaing the lvl cap (this is LONG OVERDUE)
2) rewarding each lvl up with 0.05% mafia atk+def (100 lvls get +5%)
3) rewarding each lvl up with a CONSTANT 1 IP point during wars (at lvl 250 for each hit you'll do your regular xxx + a constant 250).
4) higher lvls get faster energy regeneration etc.

All of these will give people a reason to lvl up, something to strive for. There will be no more reason to camp.

Unfortunately, there's no one to talk to (believe me, we tried).

Morgz
05-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Morgz, as a new player, you make a lot of valid points.
I don't think the real problem was the rivals list, but rather the flawed foundation, on which all of gree's games are built.
The same flaw, that turns leveling up into a punishment rather than a reward. The same flaw that created campers in the first place.
There are few solutions:
1) increaing the lvl cap (this is LONG OVERDUE)
2) rewarding each lvl up with 0.05% mafia atk+def (100 lvls get +5%)
3) rewarding each lvl up with a CONSTANT 1 IP point during wars (at lvl 250 for each hit you'll do your regular xxx + a constant 250).
4) higher lvls get faster energy regeneration etc.

All of these will give people a reason to lvl up, something to strive for. There will be no more reason to camp.

Unfortunately, there's no one to talk to (believe me, we tried).

This is all fantastic. Except for the last part about there being no one to talk to. I really hope someone from Gree reads the last few pages of this thread (the non bickering part) -- lots of great ideas suggested from some of you long time players who really seem to know the evolution of the game.

I had no clue how to play the first few months, and was level 60 or so before I knew it. I have SLOWLY learned to fear leveling up, only because it's become a negative to game play, and a negative to being accepted to (and staying in) a good syndicate.

I was just reading another thread where someone insinuated that campers simply "know how to play the game better". I took offense to that. Maybe I shouldn't -- but I choose not to camp, because I think doing events is fun. However, just like everything you said, and lots of what has been addressed, we shouldn't be punished for actually playing the game (ie: given XP an leveling up with very little reward, increased risk).

polly
05-01-2014, 10:48 AM
I hated it at first, but I am coming around to it

sister morphine
05-01-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm quite certain people from Gree read all these threads. Unfortunately, they're not the ones who make the decisions about what goes on.

The people who do ask one question; will this increase our profit margins. If the answer to that is either no, or not by much then it won't happen regardless of how much it will improve gameplay.

Morgz
05-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Yeah that sucks sister morphine. Clearly it's a business first. I hope they can see that trying to keep their current players happy would benefit the bottom line in the long run. I think there is a solution out there that makes a good majority of the people happy. Just not sure what it is, but again, lots of good suggestions here.

Green Drake
05-01-2014, 11:08 AM
I guess I just don't understand why everyone gets so bent out of shape about getting robbed. Robbing is the part of the game that I find most enjoyable. I really don't care if I leave a link and I certainly don't care if I get robbed. If I find A building that will pay out 1.5 mill per hit I rob it regardless of your iph. New rival list just makes it easier because I don't have to check def anymore.
Doesn't make me a leech, doesn't make me any less of a player. Just means I enjoy a different aspect of the game than you.

mxz
05-01-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm quite certain people from Gree read all these threads. Unfortunately, they're not the ones who make the decisions about what goes on.

The people who do ask one question; will this increase our profit margins. If the answer to that is either no, or not by much then it won't happen regardless of how much it will improve gameplay.Either that's not true or their business sense isn't very good.

sister morphine
05-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Either that's not true or their business sense isn't very good.
OK, I simplified it but yeah. This is a gambling game; it's reliant on players' addiction to make money. How much complaining do we see week in week out, but they keep playing. ;)

Nighteg
05-01-2014, 03:45 PM

The people who do ask one question; will this increase our profit margins. If the answer to that is either no, or not by much then it won't happen regardless of how much it will improve gameplay.

I honestly can't see how the new rivals list increased their profits.
Tons of people quit the game since that change (at least 10% of my syn).
You can even see it on the forum - i used to wake up and find my last message on the third page, now i wake up and barely see 5-6 new messages/topics. At least 50% of this forum's user are long gone during the last few months.

Green Drake
05-01-2014, 05:09 PM
The key word here was I don't have to check defense before I rob. You see that screwed a major aspect of the game defense buildings mods nothing means anything and that was a major change to the dynamics of the game. I still can't really figure out what it has done for the game as it relates to revenue for them. If anything it cost them from players quiting.
Sorry I respectfully disagree. Defensive buildings were proven useless long before the change in the rivals list. I would argue they were useless before syndicates even started but that is another subject.
Regardless for those that are active in the game and enjoy pvp the rivals list provides us with far more targets than the previous list. I can easily find viable targets to rob.

General Dudus
05-01-2014, 05:17 PM
i don't care anymore i still build my iph but collect what i can i know peeps who sold of their hoods and just rob now since the new ip in war is more stats than level as another thread asked what is the purpose of this game other than, open wallet click on buy gold tap tap tappety tap you only need good stats in your finger to constantly tap as war has no bearing on the build of your player just how much you are prepared to tappety tap tap

Kitty McPurr
05-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Ahhheeemmm. Just clearing my throat. Oh yeah and the rivals list still sucks.

triple OG
05-11-2014, 09:43 PM
I wish that they will change it back. I'm tried of seeing the same 90-100 players, from TaW, SAS, HTC, SC, and loc.

hellfirecc
05-12-2014, 03:32 AM
I think the rival list is good. I find much more ppl to since before.

Bad thing is, that i can rob my mob???? WTF is that?

triple OG
05-13-2014, 09:19 AM
I think the rival list is good. I find much more ppl to since before.

That's total bull ish... There's no way in he'll that there's more players on the rival list when they segregated the players.

Alb86
05-13-2014, 09:38 AM
I haven't got a great iph, 400k but I am trying to build it up. The new rivals list is good for robbing for me managed to rob just over 60mil in 30hour allowing me but a second tea-house which is always useful.

Ntggamer
05-13-2014, 01:55 PM
60 million holy sheet what lvl are you and what is your stats

Ntggamer
05-13-2014, 01:55 PM
I have only got 8 mill in 2 months

Alb86
05-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Lvl 124
11mil att
Took a while, only rob LTB as they give less xp

t12pm
05-13-2014, 07:43 PM
I guess I just don't understand why everyone gets so bent out of shape about getting robbed. Robbing is the part of the game that I find most enjoyable. I really don't care if I leave a link and I certainly don't care if I get robbed. If I find A building that will pay out 1.5 mill per hit I rob it regardless of your iph. New rival list just makes it easier because I don't have to check def anymore.
Doesn't make me a leech, doesn't make me any less of a player. Just means I enjoy a different aspect of the game than you.

The problem is when you camp in people's hoods for over two months. I have seen many comments about you on many walls so you really can't deny your camping and that is what pisses people off. Rob move on not search for 1 guy find him then just keep doing it. I know you say it is all false I should believe you not all their comments

Dat Guy
05-14-2014, 01:54 PM
About a week ago for around 15 minutes I actually had the old rivals list back. All the players on my rivals list were either plus or minus three levels of my own. Some were weaker, some were stronger it was awesome. I actually spent gold to refill my stamina I was having so much fun robbing and fighting people. Then it ended and went back to the new "improved" list were everyone had roughly the same stats that I do.
Please end this madness and bring back the old rivals list.

Morgz
05-14-2014, 06:40 PM
That's total bull ish... There's no way in he'll that there's more players on the rival list when they segregated the players.
There is for me. It helped many of the newer players. Before when it was organized by level I could rob practically no one. Due to campers having super high stats at low levels, new players could not touch anyone, and they were nothing but targets for campers. Who's going to stick around for that? Not me. Now I can at least play the game with ppl around my stat level. Rob some, get robbed by some. It's the long time players and campers that got the shaft, but new players thrive

sister morphine
05-14-2014, 10:49 PM
About a week ago for around 15 minutes I actually had the old rivals list back. All the players on my rivals list were either plus or minus three levels of my own. Some were weaker, some were stronger it was awesome. I actually spent gold to refill my stamina I was having so much fun robbing and fighting people. Then it ended and went back to the new "improved" list were everyone had roughly the same stats that I do.
Please end this madness and bring back the old rivals list.
I had a couple of weird ones like that yesterday - 5.5 mil against 23 mil on one account; 2.5 against 21 mil on t'other. :)

namedud
05-14-2014, 11:48 PM
In short, the current rendition of rivals list is unpleasant for anyone who chooses to pursue the third statistic, IPH / hood economics, because while they can "defeat" their rivals at will, they can never recover losses and exact true revenge.

Personally, I would be OK with this rivals list if the algorithm weighted IPH in the same way Attack and Defence are weighted. Being matched with equal strength rivals is fine, but when people who rob you can't "really" be robbed in retaliation because they are poor and have not invested the time or thought (or gold) into building their own hoods, that's not an equal match up. It is an absolute win for the player who has a very low or non existent hood economy, and an absolute loss for the player with a stronger hood economy.

A strong hood economy should not be a weakness by design, and that is, in fact, the current design.

cynicalmofo
05-15-2014, 03:48 AM
The problem is when you camp in people's hoods for over two months. I have seen many comments about you on many walls so you really can't deny your camping and that is what pisses people off. Rob move on not search for 1 guy find him then just keep doing it. I know you say it is all false I should believe you not all their comments

I have 3 people in my range with equal or higher IPH's - Who else am I going to rob?

I've checked 200+ profiles in the last 48 hours and have a list spanning 7100 names - So few people are worth robbing.

Much prefer the old list where I could at least gather some bricks from people weaker than me.

Lars
05-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Sorry I respectfully disagree. Defensive buildings were proven useless long before the change in the rivals list. I would argue they were useless before syndicates even started but that is another subject.
Regardless for those that are active in the game and enjoy pvp the rivals list provides us with far more targets than the previous list. I can easily find viable targets to rob.

I have to agree on the defense buildings. However, Slick Jr was also right when pointing out "The key word here was I don't have to check defense before I rob". The problem is, A/D stats are meaningless now in attacks and robs (apart from which targets appear on the rival list). Every rob and nearly every attack against rivals succeed now. Gree could have just change the algorithms to make any rob and attack automatically succeed and it wouldn't make any difference. I think that's absurd.

Of course, the change is great for those who focus on robberies---and according to my in-game observations you might be a candidate for the most active robber in CC these days (congrats). It is also great for those with low stats, as they are only paired against other weak players now. And it sucks big time for those who prefer to focus on raising their stats strategically and for those who prefer economy-building. Both include many long-time players and without the latter group you robbers would have few worthwhile targets.

Lars
05-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Before when it was organized by level I could rob practically no one. Due to campers having super high stats at low levels, new players could not touch anyone, and they were nothing but targets for campers

I don't have any recent first-hand experience from low lever. However, I find your statement quite hard to believe.

First, strong campers are long gone. Due to stat inflation, you cannot stay strong without constantly aquirement up-to-date items from events. This results in getting XP, and that means constant leveling and no camping. Also, real campers would not target other players much as attacking and robbing means XP gain. (OK, there were also crawlers, sometimes concentrating on robbing low-XP buildings. Still, these aren't your main bullies.)

Second, there was "practically no one" in your low level rival list except strong campers? I cannot imagine that camping was ever that popular and there were almost no low-level accounts from fresh players.

To my experience unbalance was due to almost the opposite kind of strategy: The fresh "mini" accounts of experienced players were often stronger than their old accounts at much higher levels. So maybe if you ran into many rivals with huge stats these were not campers but skilled players with young accounts.