PDA

View Full Version : When will you actually fix the matching system?

GucciMane
03-31-2014, 07:18 AM
We're on the last leg of another rough war for a Top-50 syndicate. We can barely keep players in our syndicate because of the amount of frustration our players have at our matchups.

Its been miserable day in and day out having to put 20-40 of our members on the same 3 players, decreasing all of our influence points. It's a royal waste of money when some of us buy vaults and face horribly low influence points despite bonuses because we all have to hit the same target.

When we recruit players, we have to recruit players who need to be able to compete well above their weight in stats because we won't even face other Top-50s.

Every Monday morning we have 1-2 players who just can't take it anymore. Too angry at not getting shot a fair one, we have to continually replace players and tell them pretty lies that next war they will have targets. Its not fair to anyone.

When will things be fair again?

We will match up against Peace & Love repeatedly before we even face another team around our same rank. We're tired of seeing repeats against Bones. You would rather give us SAS multiple times before getting a fair match. These are great syndicates, full of great players, but there is no reason why we should be getting matched up with them over and over again.

Its entertaining the first time we face these Top-3 syndicates, "wow look at the IP they're dropping on us" but when we match with them again and again and again and again it leads to nothing but frustration with this broken system.

This is wrong. Your matching system prefers to repeat a mismatched battle before it even puts us against a team in our own range.

I'm not asking to avoid these Top syns, I'm asking to stop repeating these matchups.

Its also not fair to the Top-10 syns who don't get us. When a top syndicate faces us they get a much better opportunity to accumulate IP than if they were facing a syndicate their own rank.

And no chance will we ever face a Team in the 100-150 range, not even once, no, that would be too nice.

We really like playing at this rank, it's not overly expensive, and gives us the prizes we can be proud of. We have college kids who love this game but can't afford to dump all of their gold the ONE time we get a fair matchup. It tends to be the young guys and young girls we have to kick for this reason, even though they CAN truly afford to compete in this rank.....if they were given a fair battle. Please make these matchups fair again. I know the chance of success of this message getting through is terribly low, but it's worth a shot. Do it for the kids.

GucciMane
03-31-2014, 08:01 AM
The art of watch yet again

HTCBC
03-31-2014, 08:11 AM
lol just give up and move to a better game. plenty of them

Luv4UR Mom
03-31-2014, 08:15 AM
Sometimes I think Gree intentionally matches up Top 3s with lower ranked syndicates over and over again on purpose. Think about it- If I'm a Top 3 player, and I get matched up against a low ranked syndicate, it's a great opportunity for me to score a ton of IP.....in other words, a great opportunity for me to spend more gold.

GucciMane
03-31-2014, 09:09 AM
lol just give up and move to a better game. plenty of them

Already ahead of you on that. More than a quarter of us are already on the same team in another fairer game.

But we enjoy syndicate war as well, and as much as this is clutching at straws making this thread, it's better than being silent toward our situation.

Sometimes I think Gree intentionally matches up Top 3s with lower ranked syndicates over and over again on purpose. Think about it- If I'm a Top 3 player, and I get matched up against a low ranked syndicate, it's a great opportunity for me to score a ton of IP.....in other words, a great opportunity for me to spend more gold.

I like your explanation but going along with that logic, why isn't the opposite true as well? Top-50 syndicates getting matched up with Top-150 syndicates where everyone is willing and able to spend gold and dump on their own targets?

surfinguy369
03-31-2014, 12:35 PM
Quick someone call the wahhhbulance for this guy!

Morgz
03-31-2014, 01:12 PM
It's not just at the high levels. I enjoy playing in a top 1500 syn (we barely finish top 1500 last 4 wars). But when this war started, we were matched against syns ranked 700 and 800, and we just get squashed. Some of them we couldn't even touch def leader and waste an hour just hitting the wall. Sure, this isn't as drastic or devastating as the OP's example, but it still has the same result. Our syn pretty much just gave up on battles this time. Fortunately, I still have the little bit of gold I would have spent in some competitive battles. :)

Burnttree
03-31-2014, 01:59 PM
Thats so funny! Do you need a tissue lol ?

Burnttree
03-31-2014, 02:00 PM

Wachovia
03-31-2014, 02:03 PM
I have no idea how the matching system works. They matched us to same guild 3 times.

JoJo1234
03-31-2014, 02:14 PM
I feel your pain, however it is not just the matching system which is a crock, it is the whole game. We started a battle last night and did not get matched up in 45 minutes, we essentially had a battle which not did take place although we all had losses that we had accumulated in this "non battle". This is not the first time this has happened and I am sure we are not the only ones who have suffered from this. It would not be so bad but we had assumed that we had got Top 50 at the end of this "war" but due to the carpness that is Gree we missed out by three places, three places which we should not have had to make up had it not been due to the mess ups during battles. Gree, of course feel our frustration but will do bog all to make it right!!! You suck Gree and feel free to ban me, you are not getting any more of my money and I will be contacting ITunes (again) due to your incompetence to get a refund of money spent.

KCUF
03-31-2014, 04:58 PM
It's not just at the high levels. I enjoy playing in a top 1500 syn (we barely finish top 1500 last 4 wars). But when this war started, we were matched against syns ranked 700 and 800, and we just get squashed. Some of them we couldn't even touch def leader and waste an hour just hitting the wall. Sure, this isn't as drastic or devastating as the OP's example, but it still has the same result. Our syn pretty much just gave up on battles this time. Fortunately, I still have the little bit of gold I would have spent in some competitive battles. :)

The Defense Leader always goes down after 10 lost hits or 2 lost power attacks. Better PA the DL twice than hitting the wall.

GucciMane
03-31-2014, 06:02 PM

Nice doublepost.

I got the rank I wanted, individual and syndicate, thank you very much. That doesn't change the fact that the matching system is messed up.

The thread was made before the end of the battle. Why? This is an ongoing problem independent of my rank.

Run along now.

sister morphine
04-01-2014, 12:57 AM
The Defense Leader always goes down after 10 lost hits or 2 lost power attacks. Better PA the DL twice than hitting the wall.
It amazes me that some people still don't seem to be aware of that.

OmgMileyCyrus
04-01-2014, 08:17 AM
We finished 52-5 and the only unfair match ups we got were for the top 150 teams we faced. But we faced CCR-E 4 times and that was only 1 win. So I think some adjusting can be done but not sure if gree is even able to do that. My advice to syns outside top 25 (other than strong streak teams) is just to go for rank and score when you can. The world is far from perfect and gree is further.

Just hope we get compensated for our 27 finish when there were several cheater syns finishing higher and screwing us (and other syns) out of top 25 ranking.

GucciMane
04-01-2014, 08:20 AM
We finished 52-5 and the only unfair match ups we got were for the top 150 teams we faced. But we faced CCR-E 4 times and that was only 1 win. So I think some adjusting can be done but not sure if gree is even able to do that. My advice to syns outside top 25 (other than strong streak teams) is just to go for rank and score when you can. The world is far from perfect and gree is further.

Just hope we get compensated for our 27 finish when there were several cheater syns finishing higher and screwing us (and other syns) out of top 25 ranking.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So someone else noticed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They though they could "get it done" without getting caught huh......

Unfortunately they won't compensate, I heard about the close finish.....You guys got robbed. If you're talking about the cheaters I'm talking about, these players have been around for a long time and they aren't going anywhere soon.

Touch Down
04-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Match ups were terrible. Kept facing teams way above our strength.
Really not sure how this happens.

OmgMileyCyrus
04-02-2014, 06:08 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So someone else noticed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately they won't compensate, I heard about the close finish.....You guys got robbed. If you're talking about the cheaters I'm talking about, these players have been around for a long time and they aren't going anywhere soon.thats ok bro. I called iTunes today and got large refund��

reticlover
04-02-2014, 06:25 AM
omg, had yall stayed with us, u would have finished top 25. hehe

bravo 6 vk
04-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Good one Mane. Really disappointing how they do it and "get" away with it :(

CCC-syn
04-02-2014, 09:01 AM
match ups were exceptionally good!
all of my matches were syndicates of 20 spots above or below us.
i must say that gree has done great job!

(don't forget that if u r top 50 and u declare war, it must find u a match within a minute or two (with some1 else that also has just declared war))

Ilike2
04-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Matchup system is strange... On our 7/11 streak, on the way to the final prize, gree matches us up with a syndicate where their weakest player was stronger than our strongest. We weren't even given the opportunity to dump our gold, and hope for a win. We simply had no target, and no choice but to sit there, and watch the timer to go 0 as we lost our streak.

We were both of similar rank, but come on.... No targets?

All of the extra hours we pulled trying to get our aim, and we had to stand down.

montana
04-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Match ups were terrible. Kept facing teams way above our strength.
Really not sure how this happens.

Same here. I stopped participating in syndicate wars. I tried it again this weekend. It started OK.
Mostly I had to win with power attacks in matches that were close. My losses were twice my wins.
On last day I am being matched with opponents 3 times strength. I can't play with those odds.

Faith_1
04-21-2014, 07:13 AM
Twice now we have been matched with the same top 150 team. Twice we've also been matched with top 300 teams... considering we're top 1000 we're finding the match ups awful.... not to mention numerous battles where barely anyone has a target and our opposing team has way more points. At this point gettin ready to throw in the towel. Battle weekend used to be fun and exciting. Now it's nothing more than a chore where even being on 24/7 doesn't help

sap_pete
04-21-2014, 08:59 AM
I think we had 4 matchups where the D leader was 3 times stronger than our strongest member, including a couple streaker syndicates.

Not helping things that one of our members went D-Bag and keep starting battles ceaselessly, and Gree in all their wisdom lets any member start battles, with no way to kick a member out during the event.