PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Full Assault

Agent Orange
03-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Ok so I played it a bit more. It might have been ok if it wasn't so full of glitches, lack of documentation and non functional features.

First and for most, drop one of these weekend events. Having one every other week is just insane, if you want to burn out your customers if you have not already done so then ignore this and keep doing what you are doing. You will find out quickly that folks will not keep killing themselves on this treadmill.

Have WD once or even once every two months. If you want to milk us for money here is how to do it.

Make Full Assualt ONCE YOU ACTUALLY GET IT TO WORK full time. No I have not lost my mind, this has potential but it's execution sucks. (note how polite I can be…)

1) Fix the in game chat.
2) Allow factions to chat with each other.
3) Get rid of the non functional leader board. In other words there are no longer any grand prizes, for one thing I bet folks other than SUP are pretty much fed up with these unattainable events.
4) Keep the bonuses for winning battles because that is the incentive to play in this event.
5) I think this was fixed but just in case, no awards for ghost battles.

Here's the big change…
6) Since you have 3 factions in battle allow 2 factions to gang up on the third in other words allow a faction to form an alliance during each 15 minute battle. <- get rid of the 5 minute battle. This goes hand in hand with the ability to chat across factions…. if chat isn't fixed all of this will be an epic fail.

7) Fix the ability to figure out who brought what into the battle. Either I'm missing something or you need to be psychic to guess what units you should use. Or is it a matter of using up all your most powerful one's which is dumb since we are all sitting on a pile of totally useless units now.

8) DO NOT ALLOW PLAYERS TO WASTE UNITS THEY ARE COLLECTING FOR BOX EVENTS!!!!! In other words these special units should not be able to accidentally get used or at the very least make sure that once it's collected it stays checked off in the goals in case you use one of these things by accident.

Get beta testers that use a broader range Android devices! How hard can it be to get the bugs worked out? If you can't then scrap the Android app and save those users the frustration.

In terms of beta testing why do we keep getting half baked events? I do beta testing and we do NOT release something that is bug ridden because it tends to piss off the customers…..

Anyhow as I said there is a lot of potential here, if it can be fixed. If not I would agree with others and scrap it now before more folks bail.

its_MARTIN
03-30-2014, 03:30 PM
I agree with this 100%. Gree is gonna need to do some changes next time around with this event or nobody will even try on it. The 5 minute battles are also draining people's stats bigtime, they need to be at least 15 minutes. As for the units to use, they need to add a way for people to set pre-queued units to deploy (such as your cash units) because finding the units that you actually want to deploy right now is a HUGE inconvenience, especially with the rushed and chaotic 5 minute battles.

Alexindahouss94
03-30-2014, 03:45 PM
I agree with this as well, but just to add a bit to the list; we can't do this event every 3 weeks, there's absolutely no way. We have to maintain our bases, donate to our factions, and now we need to stock up on billions of in game cash to even keep up in this event. And now this +1 Building Upgrade is nearly useless because of how costly this event has been

Robin CC
03-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Personally I don't like this event right now. WD is a solid event where you know pretty soon if you stand a chance it not, the difference is though any points you earn in a WD loss still go towards your final rank. However in FA I have dumped 400k worth of units onto one node and still lost it because the other faction had more active members or stronger members (whatever it happens), but you literally get nothing out of havering done this... In fact you're losing stats and there's nothing going towards your final rank if you're outmatched. Coming up against a tougher faction is a way of the game, it has to happen. But you should at least feel like you get something for your efforts.

poopda pants
03-30-2014, 04:50 PM
I say make it 1 15 minute battle and the event duration 24 hrs or ditch the whole thing.
30 minutes is to long to be glued to the game.

Kane Sickle
03-30-2014, 04:51 PM
This is one hectic Silent Auction after another.
Guess how much it will take to 'out bid' your opponents and scroll thru your inventory to assemble that force; deploy and see what happens; lather, rinse, repeat!
Extending to 10 minute battles wouldn't make much difference.
Hope to never see this event again.

mayhem
03-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Lets face it, its just more stat inflation.. inflation always creates the immediate sense of wealth, but in reality that wealth is quickly consumed by higher cost.. cost being stronger bosses, stronger enemies that raid, stronger defense leaders..etc. Once again the reason to play is to not fall behind (those poor people that spent gold and stayed up all night for once great 20k units). Now all you have to do is declare every 30 minutes and throw a light gunner into the deploy and you get 10 500/500 subs... this game has become a joke.

mayhem
03-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Also, the idea that is was a way to dump old units is pipe dream.... folks are going out and buying cash units 100x the strength of those old units for pennies on the dollar of what used to be... if you really want to win you aren't using 10 of your 200 scouts.

local1
03-30-2014, 05:20 PM
This event as it exist is cannibalism.
You can get by with some of the awarded units for a while but it doesn't last long. To get anywhere it cost real units, with a real cost. Added to that cost is the impact it will have on the raid boss for those that have sacrificed real units just to change the flag color. The end result is peanuts compared to what is being invested. Way to hectic, hard to find units. Need a repeat button for deploys at least. Also, a way to mark units that should never appear in deploy list at all.

This cannot be an event that occurs more that twice a year. If ever again.

HaystaK760
03-30-2014, 06:56 PM
I've dropped over 10 million in units and I think it's fun a shyt

PsYcHoMaGnEt
03-30-2014, 07:13 PM
I've dropped over 300 million and I think it sucks ass

Jhenry02
03-30-2014, 10:46 PM
3 billion and now I'm screwed

Agent Orange
03-31-2014, 02:17 PM
I agree with this 100%. Gree is gonna need to do some changes next time around with this event or nobody will even try on it. The 5 minute battles are also draining people's stats bigtime, they need to be at least 15 minutes. As for the units to use, they need to add a way for people to set pre-queued units to deploy (such as your cash units) because finding the units that you actually want to deploy right now is a HUGE inconvenience, especially with the rushed and chaotic 5 minute battles.

Yes I agree, scrolling though hundreds of units is just insane. Being able to tag the one's you need would be very handy indeed.

Agent Orange
03-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Gentlemen and Ladies I feel your pain.

Rob TRK
03-31-2014, 02:32 PM
So a few more adds.

1. Add some strategy to each battle by enabling the creation of a task force/assault force/Brigade that is assigned to the next battle. Have a maximum number of units in that task. This needs a separate inventory tab allowing creation of (for example) three tasks forces. So before war you determine what assets you plan to deloy to the next conflict theatre. Create a task force and assign it to war. To participate you must have a task force created. Means you have a finite number of units to use and makes deployment quick and easy.
2. Further added strategy. Use intel folders to purchase stratagems to attach to a node (once per conflict). That means the nodes can be affected by the teams. For example

A. Jungle warfare gives infantry bonus
B. Rolling plains gives ground bonus
C. Costal assault gives sea bonus
D. Air superiority gives air bonus

Allow each bonus to have 3 tiers and factions can then assign to the war.

Work these with some of agent oranges suggestions and this event could be a real winner....

Big she'd
03-31-2014, 02:46 PM
Glad we are seeing the south end of that north heading event , most have lost large amounts of stats , and a fair percentage of them paid out gold for the privilege of becoming weaker , after all the hype I'm still stuck with 2000 old battleships and many thousands of useless loot units , if god forbid they pull this event out again it's these units that will be deployed and be dammed with the leaderboard

Trebor
03-31-2014, 02:55 PM
This event was time consuming and lame. The prizes were cool but you lost 5 times that attaining such reward.

Dirty Mind
03-31-2014, 03:02 PM
I thought, if anything, this event would be good for cleaning out my inventory. They are all still there, just with a x0 under it

Riddle
03-31-2014, 03:44 PM
Now that my inventory has been depleted can we not have units their saying zero? So, i can find items easier with less clutter

hotshauny123
04-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Gentlemen and Ladies I feel your pain.

Percentages should never be attached to units period. If so create folders in which they are in. Hence the same with Unit values I feel as the event is designed to clean the servers that can not cope with these events. Early in the piece solders were $400 and 1 would throw a folder or DEPLOY detachment. Hence One could Preset there Battalions which in turn were folders and that would be the easy fix.

I am a cow!
04-01-2014, 03:02 AM
My thoughts NEVER AGAIN... It was fun while it lasted but never again

Sigfried
04-01-2014, 04:00 AM
It takes too long to scroll through units to find what you want to deploy. Give us a way to allocate which units we want to get rid of in advance so I can quickly locate what I need to deploy. And while I'm deploying I can't see the map. Why can't that screen be smaller or movable? And there is not enough feedback on what I deployed vs what everyone else deployed. I drop off units and then it says I won or lost. What was I fighting? How many did the opponents drop off. How many opponents. Just a W/L isn't going to keep me entertained. I want a different strategy than " just throw lots of big units at it".

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
04-01-2014, 04:19 AM
It takes too long to scroll through units to find what you want to deploy. Give us a way to allocate which units we want to get rid of in advance so I can quickly locate what I need to deploy. And while I'm deploying I can't see the map. Why can't that screen be smaller or movable? And there is not enough feedback on what I deployed vs what everyone else deployed. I drop off units and then it says I won or lost. What was I fighting? How many did the opponents drop off. How many opponents. Just a W/L isn't going to keep me entertained. I want a different strategy than " just throw lots of big units at it".

You can swipe through the nodes. Once the first battle has completed just swipe the node history. Look at the total stats your opponent(s) dropped on the node and divide that by the total number of deploys. That will give you the average stats of units your opponent is deploying on that node. Then adjust for the standard increase in deploy strength from battle to battle. This will tell you what kind of units you should be deploying. Yes it's always a gamble.... But at least you have a simple formula to operate with. It's not "just throw lots of big units at it". Units should be conserved as much as possible. It's that strategy that allowed us to defeat some top teams at the end of the event (bc we conserved and they wasted).

Any additional information (such as which units are deployed) removes that bit of strategy. A lot of this game hinges on making good judgement calls based on partial information. With some simple math you can make better judgement calls and gain a small advantage.

Think a little harder next time. People complain about the lack of strategy and how gold is all that matters. Yet, anytime there is some vague strategic opportunity people get upset and want to remove it. Nonsense.

Greg76
04-01-2014, 04:24 AM
It was too much! Im in top25 faction. I asked every top50 faction how they felt about event. 90% said they didnt like it.

jsfinken
04-01-2014, 06:04 PM
1) I agree the should only be a 24 or 48 hour event
2) The 5 mins has to be expanded to 3- 10 min battles or something similar
3) Add a dollar bill or sign, gold bar, valor icon, or other if earned with building and not replaceable to each and every unit. That way I know how it was earned and whether I want to deploy it.
4) as stated lock the units collected if another event I going on at the same time
5) allow us to sort units on based on how they were earned. Cash, valor, gold as an example.
6) Allow us to exclude units with boosts. No one wanted to use these so allow us to exclude them

Just some suggestions that I hope you will consider.

Tony M
04-01-2014, 06:15 PM
1 Add a repeat button to deploy the same troops as your last deployment
2 Add a fourth faction to the mix
3 Tie the winning prizes to the total strength of the units used during all 6 battles

BlGTEX
04-01-2014, 06:25 PM
If whom ever in the faction doesn't participate in a battle/war. They shouldn't receive any rewards for doing nothing at all. The people that participate lose units & the people that don't gain everything how is that fair. This event has cost turmoil in our faction & I bet in most of all factions. And they described this event as a good event on getting rid of the smaller unused units. Lmao cuz that totally opposite of what happened people were having to deploy there biggest units to compete. What should have happened was there should have been a cap on how big of units u can deploy so you would actually get rid of all the small units this event was explained to be primarily used for. And if gree-dy was smart in doing I this way would make people use more gold to deploy the most units to win. Isn't that what gree-dy plan is all along is for people to spend money on gold/cash. This event has ruined the game for ever but that my own opinion. The reason why I say this is because how much the stats change. Gree-dy has I think ruined there chances for new people that download and start playing as every 1 that has been play thus far will be so far ahead in stats that they won't ever be able win or raid anything so they will quit & not even try to play the game . Ruining chances for gree-dy to increase there customers so they can make more money in in-game purchases. My opinion in business is the more you sale the more you make. So eliminating new comers to the game because the outraged stat increase. Good luck Newbies on starting a game yo will never get no where in. So what do I think about Full-Assault? I think it's for the veterans as they could win any match. Thanks to gree-dy this event has truly made The SUP1&2 faction impossible to ever beat yes I said impossible. So my solution is 86 this event & return all stats like they were b4 this event came out. My other solution is figure out who didn't participate in a war/battle & take away all their rewards that they didn't participate in. So what my final say is that Gree-dy didn't do their homework/research/beta-testing enough b4 they made this event a go for the public. Thanks for taking the time in reading my thoughts in this matter. Good Luck Gree-dy in making ("every-1") Happy not just the veterans. Yours truly BigTex X's(2),MiniTex X's(3),& SuicideTex. Yes I have 6 devices/accounts lol.
IDs:493-422-244,182-009-124,843-121-610,823-857-458,368-178-572,912-897-727,611-468-143,
394-146-861. The Faction I'm in is ( Death To All ) Tag DTA. We finished 205 in Full-Assault Event. Also we Are Recruiting Requirements are Must Have Communication App (Line) & Stats at least 10+ million A&D and be highly active.
Faction ID:437-182-408 I'm the lowest in Faction cuz I am available 24/7 and I do all walls & pa-DL. So if any one comes across DTA in WD Your Wall will be useless hahaha.

italius
04-01-2014, 08:00 PM
I thought the event could have had a shorter timeframe. I got bored fighting ppl and went outside and did stuff. This means your event wasn't that great. I block out time for WD events in my life. Your event did not accomplish it's goal.

qwertyguy
04-02-2014, 06:27 AM
The Full Assault event had and still has a lot of promise if rolled out correctly. Many changes need to be made to make it playable. If changed significantly, I can see it as a wonderful event and fun...see previous suggestions from others (most would be positive).

The biggest problem is that it the event went ahead outside of the earlier guidance given to players. When the event started, we quickly understood it wasn't the event that was originally advertized. When you do a bait and switch like that, expect a negative reaction (it's almost guaranteed).

Fix the bugs. Give us better inventory management for Full Assault (about the only thing different than the normal scroll in profile inventory was that units were ordered from weak to strong or strong to weak -- that's not good enough and sucks when you have 20 thousand units to scroll thru). Make sure your servers can handle the capacity during peak hours. Make it a 24 hour event. Lose the leaderboard.

The leaderboard more than anything else killed the event. It forced people to participate and stressed the servers. It created so much competition in the event that few took the opportunity to get rid of their weakest units. Those that did generally lost, especially those in the top 1500 factions.

I actually didn't have much of a problem with six 5 minute battles when the game worked at 3 am in the morning. The servers were not stressed at that time and many problem features suddenly worked!!! I didn't have to wait 10 minutes for a match like I did during peak hours (matching at 3 am was almost immediate). Inventory management still sucked though.

I almost quit the game entirely the afternoon Full Assault came out. I didn't because I was not about to suddenly disappear on my faction team mates. We made a group decision to participate just enough to Not be left behind in stats. We rallied together and finished top 1200 despite basically blowing off the 1st day.

I guess I was an exception to the rule because I was able to get rid of 4000 trash units and turned them into 1500 bloated cash units. I doubled my stats, but no longer have an indestructable army. Now I'm losing these cash units when people 4 times my strength raid me. I'll fix that problem with time.

Honestly, I think a lot of people simply played Full Assault wrong because of the pressure to use higher stat units to win at all costs. Of course they didn't enjoy it. It was too time consuming with bad results. Did I mention the lack of good inventory management tools?

Grego29
04-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Did anyone get this msd? "ERROR DEPLOYING UNITS FAILED BECAUSE THE PLAYER TRIED TO USE ITEMS THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE" I couldn't deploy but 1 out of every 10 trys because of this error on both of my android devices. If I don't have them why do they show up in my inventory?

ggoobx4
04-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Perfect description, it is a silent auction. How much fun is that really? My faction ditched this event pretty quickly. No real instructions on how to play, Stay with WD until that event has no participation.

BlGTEX
04-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Did anyone get this msd? "ERROR DEPLOYING UNITS FAILED BECAUSE THE PLAYER TRIED TO USE ITEMS THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE" I couldn't deploy but 1 out of every 10 trys because of this error on both of my android devices. If I don't have them why do they show up in my inventory?

If I wanted to play this game I wouldn't use an android. I got 6 iOS devices and 1 android and tell you the truth I don't even log on the android for MW it's a waste of space and memory to even have the MW app on the phone. Every action I take on android has a long loading screen and errors well are just way much to waste more time getting thru all the problems than actually playing the game. If all you got to play this game with is a droid then I recommend getting an iOS device so you are happier with the time spent as 95% of the time you have no errors. So GOOD LUCK Droid users