PDA

View Full Version : ANDROID 4.0.1. update HORRIBLE

whitefire
03-30-2014, 08:59 AM
The title says it all. I updated from 4.0.0, hoping for some improvements. After all, 4.0.0. isn't exactly acceptable to all/many Android users. Well take my advice, DON'T UPDATE!!!

First of all, it changes your 'state of the art' Android phone into a 386 PC or something:
- You want to shut down your phone (normally) and activate it again: RELOAD.
- You want to switch to your much-needed communications app like Groupme of Kakao or something and change back to MW? RELOAD.
- Many other actions withing MW (about once every 15-20 minutes)? Force close and RELOAD.

Everything your do results in an automatic RELOAD. And of course the slow load times, battle timer being terribly off, incredible slowness of the entire FA module didn't improve...

Wow. Talk about killing playablility! Gree actually succeeded in making a very poorly coded, bug-riddled new event in a bug-riddled game into something completely unplayable. Anyone got a 4.0.0. version lying around? Please hit me up.

PS: In case anyone wonders why I didn't raise a ticket to support, try it once with a technical issue. I can guarantee it will be the last you will try.

reesiepuff
03-30-2014, 09:02 AM
if you are iPhone it reloads the app every time you close and reopen it, due to it being such a large app

Mr. Artois
03-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Buy an iPhone :D

gocky
03-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Hi Whitefire,

I agree 4.0.1 isn't the best, as I'm experiencing the same problem with having to reload MW each time I switch to Groupme and back to MW again.

Try to download 4.0.0 from Aptoide store and search for Modern War. All other modern mw versions as available there for download as well.

Good Luck

BlackSheep
03-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Buy an iPhone :D

Yes, so everytime you try to buy a bunch of units really quick, for a horrible event like Frontal Assault, the game crawls to a stop and crashes to the home screen and sometimes a reboot!!

Richard79
03-30-2014, 11:42 PM
Agree........this is a massive step back for gree and android, force close are back......freezing and super slow unplayable game is back.........im so glad we had the sence to go good free these last few weeks!!!! Gree wont see another penny from me till this is sorted

krabbie
03-31-2014, 01:10 AM
Totally agree, android users are #&@%!% again... As always fivxing one problem, like the leaderboard gets our spirits up, just before the next big disappointment

Gameplay in Full Assault is worthless too, good job Gree!

PITA4PRES
03-31-2014, 08:33 AM
Mw 4.0.1 doesn't reload on me when switching between apps. Guess it's only affecting a few. This new version is horrible for this news event full ASSualt. All androids are being ASSualted by lag, screen freezing, & chat connection issues.

Here's what happens, you select a node to deploy units. Go to unit screen immediately lags for about 20 seconds, pick your first unit and screen freezes for almost 1 minute, it also takes up to 5 seconds between picking units, & if you're lucky to make it before the last 20-30 seconds you can deploy your units. I say 20-30 seconds left because the battle would have already ended by then even though android timer shows you still have time.

Only good thing about it is, android players didn't lose much stats because we weren't able to play. So really it was the ios players who got ASSualted.

Ps, if this event continues then everyone besides sup will run out of units to deploy. Sup players will reach 3billion stats or higher and the rest of us will drop to 100k. That's another ASSualt we're going to be talking about. LOL

You're lucky if it's only taking that long for your units to load to choose what to deploy. My game has been force closing and crashing for a long time before any of the current updates when trying to get into the game from outside chat apps. It is much, much worse when there are events such as WD and this Full Assault going on.

thundarr
03-31-2014, 01:07 PM
I try to look at Emir Island screen and my phone locks up and has to be shut off so I can use it again. This is the worst ever.

johnnybravoo77
03-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Same here, i can only go to the first 4 maps, everything else locks up.

gocky
03-31-2014, 04:29 PM
Hey Guys n Gals,

I had the exact same problem on v4.0.1. I rolled back to versioin 4.0.0 and certain maps eg Emir Island don't lock up anymore. You can download v4.0.0 from the Aptoide app store.

In addition, when I swap screens to groupme and back into modern war, the game doesn't have to reload again. Hope this helps some.