PDA

View Full Version : Things I like about Full Assault

Squinto
03-29-2014, 01:19 AM
In no particular order:

1. Being able to communicate with other factions.

I have a great time talking to the other guys. Whether it's friendly strategy, how they did in the last war, or just good old fashion smack talking

2. Strategy strategy strategy

There is WAY more strategy and involvement here than in World Domination. Your faction needs to coordinate and talk to each other to figure out who is placing troops where and what rounds everyone will be able to participate in. It's not just about finding the weak link on the other team and then button mashing him until you have to buy another vault of gold and then button mashing him some more.

3. All faction members are equal

During World Domination, level 300 players aren't as useful as lower level players with high level stats because they don't get as many points per victory. But Full Assault utilizes everyone, stats and level don't matter. Camper factions are finally equal to factions with high level players.

4. Ghost wars

I don't know if this is a good strategy yet, but while my faction is recharging our deploys, we declare war and settle for the third place prize in order to help replenish our troops. It helps a lot by giving us more troops to use in the next battles. Also, it fakes out other factions that don't use any strategy and just deploy massive amounts of troops. We ghosted one war and at the end of a round we saw that a certain faction put over 2million stats worth of troops on one node that we didn't have any troops on. We forced others to lose stats while we did nothing.

5. I don't have to spend as much money on gold!!!!

Because this is more strategy oriented, it makes it so that the Modern War Idiocracy can't just throw money at their problems. Just like any game, you get better the more you play, and that's what Full Assault is implementing by forcing players to spend more time with the game. Suck it up guys, you gotta invest time in the game, not just money, if you want to be a power player!

_Mas_
03-29-2014, 04:10 AM
Awesome thread buddy ! This event imo is awesome!

Mr. Artois
03-29-2014, 04:12 AM
Things I don't like

It's sh1t

Jenny_H
03-29-2014, 04:34 AM
I would of never thought of the ghost war trick. Lol. I might have to recommend it to my faction later.

DILL3NGER
03-29-2014, 04:57 AM
Things I don't like.

You lose more stats than you can win.

Bancodilugano
03-29-2014, 05:05 AM
Great works Gree, you created a real war strategy event, simply amazing. Maybe next time 48 hours event will be enough instead of 72 hours. Congrats!

Mr. Artois
03-29-2014, 05:05 AM
Things I don't like.

You lose more stats than you can win.

Bingo, thanks for confirming that.

Boarder21
03-29-2014, 09:42 AM
i agree with this! I love that you finally need strategy in a strategy game. WD is not strategy and this is a great event.

Zardos63
03-29-2014, 10:40 AM
you loose massive Att/Dev with a lot of timeconsuming work and get in the end ONE unit....

This is a very bad business - for us!

dilano
03-29-2014, 11:40 AM
In no particular order:

1. Being able to communicate with other factions.

I have a great time talking to the other guys. Whether it's friendly strategy, how they did in the last war, or just good old fashion smack talking

2. Strategy strategy strategy

There is WAY more strategy and involvement here than in World Domination. Your faction needs to coordinate and talk to each other to figure out who is placing troops where and what rounds everyone will be able to participate in. It's not just about finding the weak link on the other team and then button mashing him until you have to buy another vault of gold and then button mashing him some more.

3. All faction members are equal

During World Domination, level 300 players aren't as useful as lower level players with high level stats because they don't get as many points per victory. But Full Assault utilizes everyone, stats and level don't matter. Camper factions are finally equal to factions with high level players.

4. Ghost wars

I don't know if this is a good strategy yet, but while my faction is recharging our deploys, we declare war and settle for the third place prize in order to help replenish our troops. It helps a lot by giving us more troops to use in the next battles. Also, it fakes out other factions that don't use any strategy and just deploy massive amounts of troops. We ghosted one war and at the end of a round we saw that a certain faction put over 2million stats worth of troops on one node that we didn't have any troops on. We forced others to lose stats while we did nothing.

5. I don't have to spend as much money on gold!!!!

Because this is more strategy oriented, it makes it so that the Modern War Idiocracy can't just throw money at their problems. Just like any game, you get better the more you play, and that's what Full Assault is implementing by forcing players to spend more time with the game. Suck it up guys, you gotta invest time in the game, not just money, if you want to be a power player!

1. Chat fails to work across all platforms.
2. No chat = limited/no strategy if I have to keep backing out to third party chat app.
3. KINDLE users still don't have up to date MW (which is an Amazon issue but also due to bugs never actually going away with each update, some do but new ones just pop in their place)
4. Point taken
5. Indeed

Still leaves you 3/5

My advice to gree, try again or bring back PvP...ya know an event that was actually fun.

dilano
03-29-2014, 11:43 AM
i agree with this! I love that you finally need strategy in a strategy game. WD is not strategy and this is a great event.

No strategy in WD? It's actually really strategic if you do it right.

Jman
03-29-2014, 11:57 AM
No strategy in WD? It's actually really strategic if you do it right.

What's your WD strategy? Spend as much gold as needed during the war so your faction will win? That's strategy all right :rolleyes: I'm liking this event much better, although the prizes received if your faction wins a war should have much higher stats to make up for the unit losses to win.

dispatch_me
03-29-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm glad the OP found some things that they like about the event, which makes them 1 of few.

1. The chat app is useless when you're trying to watch the "battle", unless you're just sitting back and not doing anything because you really don't have time within the time frame to get chatty.

2. The whole strategy thing is debatable. I tried to come up with a sound strategy for my faction and it sounded good in theory when I came up with it, but overall, trying to implement said strategy within a 5 minute time frame is chaotic at best and usually just ends up in a mad scramble in the end and then trying to regroup for the next war.

3. All members being equal is depends on if a player has all unit buildings maxed with a huge IPH to buy units that can compete....or if you're fighting in the lower ranks with factions that have comparable units to throw up.

4. Ghost wars are great for camping factions and llp's, however I think if people keep boasting about this it will be nerfed in the future. One thing Gree has no use for are players not spending money and will think of ways to combat this as we've seen in other events.

5. This depends on your level of play. You NEVER have to spend money on gold, it's a personal choice. Investing more time to play an event that takes up yet another weekend isn't really going to make you a power player unless you're a llp and then you'll just be competing with other llp's that are doing the same thing so it puts you back in the same mediocre llp pool.

Overall my prediction for Full Assault is this...

Ghost Wars will bring on the same thing that it did with people talking about winning not mattering, and only gaining points in WD. Gree will just attach a faction goal to it where you have to get wins in a row and x amount of wins to get better units.

I can see it now....FA streak teams will form and the strategy will be to all deploy in the last 30 seconds of war! Recruiting will now include, "For FA, you must have a screenshot of the amount of attack and defense you lost during the last two Full Assault Events, the bigger the loss the better! Also a screenshot of your IPH is a must, you must be able to replenish your units!" Lol....it will change from "you must be willing to buy gold", to "you must be willing to buy cash." ;)

All in all, if you anyone can find something they like about it, then kudos to you, as long as you're having fun. :cool:

dilano
03-30-2014, 03:13 PM
What's your WD strategy? Spend as much gold as needed during the war so your faction will win? That's strategy all right :rolleyes: I'm liking this event much better, although the prizes received if your faction wins a war should have much higher stats to make up for the unit losses to win.

Nope actually rarely use gold...then again not trying to be t150.

Digger666
03-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Strategy? Lmao!! There is no real strategy to this event. To be honest there is no real strategy to this game other than trying to,recruit gold spenders and now big iPh players. The full assault event is crap, let's be honest, look at the poll. A vast majority dislike it, wether they understand it or not.

MaverickINsc
03-30-2014, 08:28 PM
things I hate about this event

1.non players within the faction get loot unlike raid boss.....where its no play no pay
2. wd is a couple times an hour or two...this is every 5 minutes for 30 minutes so way more time
3. its another weekend where I have to try to participate for the faction while trying to spend time with my family
.......I could go on and on......did I mention another whole weekend?.....this was my first and last full assault until format and time of week is changed

krabbie
03-31-2014, 01:23 AM
BLANK... Nothing to like, except that it gave me a weekend off of MW!

Charonix
03-31-2014, 06:19 AM
I realised today that my mini can have fun.
Low level and very low stats - was intending to build him up but didn't get round to it.
Single player faction.

The challenge is to see how many points I can get from a single 0/1 unit per deploy.
Surprisingly get quite a few seconds and the occasional first.

I get matched against other factions with one or two players and the fun bit is guessing which base is going to be free.

Bobar
03-31-2014, 09:39 AM
things i like? having seen this event for first and last time. if i would like to play a real time strategie game, i wouldn´t play modern war