PDA

View Full Version : Change needed on Full Assault

its_MARTIN
03-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Okay so it is not much of a mystery that this event has not been going so well for players yet or how Gree expected it to yet. However, I really do think this event could become much better if a few changes were made. The biggest problem lies within the mechanics of the event. First of all, it is just too much to ask players to be on constantly monitoring these wars for 30 minutes each, and for top factions who are going to be almost always at war, it will turn all your top faction players into zombies by the end of these 3 days. Also, the 5 minutes per battle is very chaotic as the game is really laggy for most players. Finding units to send out is a very hard part of it with the lag. Perhaps a pre-queued line of units to deploy would be a big help for this and would make this event much easier?

Second, these 5 minute battles are killing peoples stats. So far, I have seen many factions putting hundreds of thousands, or even millions of stats into single nodes. Now multiply this by multiple nodes, 6 battles, and 3 days of battles? And any efforts to a lost node being completely pointless? It will leave everyone a loser because players will drop so much that the rewards will mean nothing. I have witnessed that in the Top 50 right now and its really not much better in the lower ranks of T500 where my mini is at. The damage from this event has already been done as well. Many players are already down 5m and much much more and it's only the first day. Part of the reason why so much in stats has been lost is because Gree intended this event to be for using units that are not part of people's armies. I am 50m defense and my lowest units are still in the 200/200 range. Units like this will simply do nothing when others are putting 10x 5k+ units on nodes.. Every 5 minutes....

Now I know there's not much Gree can/will do about this event right now as it's live, but for future reference I think it's safe to say these battle times need to be extended or fixed in a way where we can participate and go for high leaderboard position without losing millions in stats and our sanity. Not sure if I'm being redundant already but I really think the 5 minute battles are the source of the problem as they force players to be on all the time and constantly deploy units. Guess we will see with the next few days if these big efforts for nodes continue but many are already in a hole. I am happy Gree tried to come out with a new event though. It was great to see them incorporate some suggested ideas for an event. They will just have to experiment with this one I guess.

Those are just my ideas/suggestions for this event, feel free to leave your opinion on it below. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

CBK
03-29-2014, 12:40 AM
I think there is nothing you can do about the units people will send. However, I do think there is a way to deal with needing to be glued to the game for 30 min. Instead of having 6 five min battle, have 2 30 min battles. That way people can log in for a few minutes every half an hour.

Dickweed
03-29-2014, 12:41 AM
I would much more enjoy hour long battles just like WD but not these little 5 min fights. I would say either 4x15 min fights or better yet, 3x20 min fights.

CBK
03-29-2014, 01:03 AM
Another thing that would be easy and very useful is a way to organize units by "recently purchased".

Greasy
03-29-2014, 10:25 AM
define "recently"