PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming WD units

HayeZeus
03-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Gree hasn't released the prizes for the upcoming WD. My theory....

They realized that they've killed the need for anyone with a half decent IPH to spend gold, and they can't figure out a way to get people to throw down on WD like they have in the past. I'll just use myself as an example. I collect, not including raiding, over $500 million a day. By the time my advanced airbase is level 10, I will have over $25 billion saved to buy about 1600 of the 28k/25k air unit. After that, I will be able to buy 30 of them a day. With all my boosts, thats well over a million a day stat increase. Why would I spend on WD, or any event for that matter, when my stats will soon be going up by over a million every single day just in cash units?

What sort of units could they possibly give out that would make me want to spend real money? Even the attack/defense boosts don't really matter at this point (how much did your stats go up once the last war ended? Not that much.) Hell I don't even need the 2 buildings at once upgrade. What am I going to use it for? Build an even higher IPH? What for? I'll be maxed out with that air unit in 2 months.

Unless Gree releases units that are at least 1 million+ in stats with strong boosts, I don't know why anyone would throw money at any of these upcoming events. Average IPH nowadays for any gold spending player is at least $5 million which would easily cover buying 4 of these air units per day. Thats 112k a day in stat increase not including any bonuses. Would you drop a vault to get a 300k unit when you can get that much in 2 days with cash units? I sure as hell wouldn't. And that's with a measley $5 mil IPH.

I'm good with it though. Overall spending should drop dramatically and after all, thats what we've been asking for.

Mr. Artois
03-27-2014, 03:13 AM
Gree hasn't released the prizes for the upcoming WD. My theory....

They realized that they've killed the need for anyone with a half decent IPH to spend gold, and they can't figure out a way to get people to throw down on WD like they have in the past. I'll just use myself as an example. I collect, not including raiding, over $500 million a day. By the time my advanced airbase is level 10, I will have over $25 billion saved to buy about 1600 of the 28k/25k air unit. After that, I will be able to buy 30 of them a day. With all my boosts, thats well over a million a day stat increase. Why would I spend on WD, or any event for that matter, when my stats will soon be going up by over a million every single day just in cash units?

What sort of units could they possibly give out that would make me want to spend real money? Even the attack/defense boosts don't really matter at this point (how much did your stats go up once the last war ended? Not that much.) Hell I don't even need the 2 buildings at once upgrade. What am I going to use it for? Build an even higher IPH? What for? I'll be maxed out with that air unit in 2 months.

Unless Gree releases units that are at least 1 million+ in stats with strong boosts, I don't know why anyone would throw money at any of these upcoming events. Average IPH nowadays for any gold spending player is at least $5 million which would easily cover buying 4 of these air units per day. Thats 112k a day in stat increase not including any bonuses. Would you drop a vault to get a 300k unit when you can get that much in 2 days with cash units? I sure as hell wouldn't. And that's with a measley $5 mil IPH.

I'm good with it though. Overall spending should drop dramatically and after all, thats what we've been asking for.

I was close to making a thread on this subject the other day but knew a few d1p sh1ts would troll it so I didn't bother.

You have basically hit the nail on the head, all of the orginal cupcakes around my level that are clearly not gold spenders are now twice my stats, furthermore I already have all of the unit/advance buildings But I simply can't compete anymore with these people

I really fail to see the logic behind the thinking for this change and to be honest I'm pretty certain this was intentional on gree part so when they do finally give up with this game their won't be that many people complaining.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
03-27-2014, 03:27 AM
I agree they are trying to find a good way to balance units for WD. Contrary to what you say... Bonuses are likely the ONLY important thing in WD. Yes they also need to make raw stats tantalizing. The inflation will continue. Don't be so short sighted that you think they have no play here.

You've built your iph up nicely. Bc you had a long term strategy. It's surprising that you can't see the benefit of upgrading two buildings at the same time. Do you think this is the final iteration? Besides... Will you be content buying units to hold in your army? Or will you find it worthwhile to spend loads of cash to deploy units in the new event. They finally made iph king again which greatly favors players like us. I would love the opportunity to build even more... Making me even more competitive in the new event and generally and generally speaking.

Mr. Artois
03-27-2014, 03:44 AM
I agree they are trying to find a good way to balance units for WD. Contrary to what you say... Bonuses are likely the ONLY important thing in WD. Yes they also need to make raw stats tantalizing. The inflation will continue. Don't be so short sighted that you think they have no play here.

You've built your iph up nicely. Bc you had a long term strategy. It's surprising that you can't see the benefit of upgrading two buildings at the same time. Do you think this is the final iteration? Besides... Will you be content buying units to hold in your army? Or will you find it worthwhile to spend loads of cash to deploy units in the new event. They finally made iph king again which greatly favors players like us. I would love the opportunity to build even more... Making me even more competitive in the new event and generally and generally speaking.

Whilst heavy gold players with relatively low iph are left behind by the free players with high iph. Explain how you believe that to be fair.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
03-27-2014, 04:12 AM
Whilst heavy gold players with relatively low iph are left behind by the free players with high iph. Explain how you believe that to be fair.

Never did I talk about "fair" in my post. All I did was lay out the facts. As I said this FAVORS people like me who have been playing for years and can collect billions like it's nobody's business. I'm not making value judgements. I'm saying it is what it is. That upgrading two buildings at once has lots of benefits in spite of having high iph already. I'm saying that this game constantly changes... and what may seem unimportant now will eventually be of great importance. I'm saying that you should consider this as you build your account. You should shoot for a well rounded profile as you will never know when something will come into play. If you think gree will alienate heavy gold spenders... You are wrong. While it may seem that way now... Changes will quickly push through the pipeline to once again favor gold. This is all temporary. Don't worry!

Most of all... Stop worrying about fair or unfair. If that's your concern... You're playing the wrong game. There are too many people with too many playing styles to make everything "fair". Some things will be perceived as fair to you and unfair to others. Then within two days some thing else will appear as unfair to you and fair to others. That's just how this game works.

Thief
03-27-2014, 04:15 AM
Well First i'll tell you that the Scores from this last WD event Tell a different story when you look at top 10/25/50 Scores and how they were much higher than the past couple of months.

As far as making adjustments of course Gree will make adjustments. Look at the LE sets they are now showing what 250k stat units on the rares (last week they were what 15k or 20k?) Do you think gree won't simply adjust the numbers to make it an incentive for those to purchase them? Again everything they do is to make money and they will deploy a strategy that shows that shortly.

As ive always said pick and choose where you want to spend your money. I use to be pretty picky on what events i spent on (in the past couple of months i was spending more than i should) but i will go back to being picky on what i spend on in the game. Remember in the end its nothing but a game.

Also one final note is casualty rates would kill an all cash army quickly. I remember back in the old days 2000 destructible units and you would loose 2-5 every attack.

Androidz
03-27-2014, 04:58 AM
I think to cut 70% of everyone stats, this is rediculous. Whats next? A trillion upgrades and soldiers?
Or this game is at the end of it, or they gotta cut the stats and iph's and remove the inflation

Rob TRK
03-27-2014, 05:26 AM
I keep saying it. It's all in the boosts... Stacking % bonuses is the key. Raw stats are a part of the equation.

So today the best raw unit is dragon Cdr rank jet. 600k attack raw. Cost 1m valour. Get 3k of those today and that's 1.8bn stats raw.

Not bad for a free player if you can get there. And boy that needs work to achieve....

Then calculate your boost value to that any idea? Answer it depends. What is your % of stats boosts and how do they stack? If you know that you can work it out. Same for every unit that comes along....

So why WD because it's the event where most players can achieve a boost to the % stats.... And in the long term that makes the difference

Mr. Artois
03-27-2014, 05:38 AM
Never did I talk about "fair" in my post. All I did was lay out the facts. As I said this FAVORS people like me who have been playing for years and can collect billions like it's nobody's business. I'm not making value judgements. I'm saying it is what it is. That upgrading two buildings at once has lots of benefits in spite of having high iph already. I'm saying that this game constantly changes... and what may seem unimportant now will eventually be of great importance. I'm saying that you should consider this as you build your account. You should shoot for a well rounded profile as you will never know when something will come into play. If you think gree will alienate heavy gold spenders... You are wrong. While it may seem that way now... Changes will quickly push through the pipeline to once again favor gold. This is all temporary. Don't worry!

Most of all... Stop worrying about fair or unfair. If that's your concern... You're playing the wrong game. There are too many people with too many playing styles to make everything "fair". Some things will be perceived as fair to you and unfair to others. Then within two days some thing else will appear as unfair to you and fair to others. That's just how this game works. Dont patronise me, I'm not a noob to this game I've been playing the game long before wd was released and I've invested a lot of money here, I simply asked why do people think it's ok for that to be taken away in one foul swoop?

What do we have do reinvest the equivalent value again and run the risk of gree pulling this stunt again?

MaverickINsc
03-27-2014, 05:50 AM
Dont patronise me, I'm not a noob to this game I've been playing the game long before wd was released and I've invested a lot of money here, I simply asked why do people think it's ok for that to be taken away in one foul swoop?

What do we have do reinvest the equivalent value again and run the risk of gree pulling this stunt again?

playing before wd your units should be all 10s and your iph should be massive......especially as a heavy gold user.....im sure playing that long you should have been able to keep up with the lowly free guys...unless im missing something

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
03-27-2014, 06:36 AM
Dont patronise me, I'm not a noob to this game I've been playing the game long before wd was released and I've invested a lot of money here, I simply asked why do people think it's ok for that to be taken away in one foul swoop?

I wasn't patronizing you. You asked how is that fair. I said it doesn't matter. It is what it is. Deal with it or quit. Don't cry to me about the fact that you are a long time player... Have garbage iph... And can't see all the sides of these changes. I was just stating facts. Wasn't trying to get into a whine fest about whether this massages your moral sense of fairness or not. Why don't you start a thread so people can tell you how unfair it is. You can all man-hug and cry-walk through the forest together. I'll play a violin for you...

mwfighter
03-27-2014, 01:40 PM
WD is always about boosts, not about raw value of units collected.

I'll throw some speculation as to why it may be taking longer. Maybe they're adding my top positions, top 5, 15, 125, etc.

Maybe they're looking into units with different kinds of boosts? BP boosts, more concrete, more valor ?

Or maybe its like the one WD cycle we missed the LE building, the highly sophisticated pixel artwork isn't ready (being sarcastic of the the pixel artwork).

Either way, I'm sure it will be worth the while to do well in WD, it almost always is.