PDA

View Full Version : Weapons

Jester
09-05-2011, 04:07 AM
Hi! Just a quick question, I was just wondering why when you do a job you keep having to buy weapons you already have to do the job? I must have about 20 crowbars now!!

MadHatter
12-07-2011, 01:54 AM
You need weapons to do jobs bro it's how it works

Anubis
12-07-2011, 05:33 AM
I can see why missions need requirement. As you progress some of the the requirements for weapons like Sniper Rifles, Cadilacs and the sort add to your stats. Unfortunately the system could of done with a little more thought from the midway stage onwards. If the weapon requirements scaled properly the missions would be much more enjoyable. Still needing pistols half way through the missions is just rediculous. The requirements do scale, but not in an intelligiant way.

G Wiz
12-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Yea there is no reason i need 80 uzi's now at level 97. That part of the game needs altering. I believed that this has also lowered my stats in the past through some strange bug, but i believe it was resolved.

Wakes
12-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I think the reason they do that is so that you can't progress through the missions too fast because they get too expensive. If they used a large number of better weapons then it would take even longer to afford to do the missions maybe?

But it is weird that your stats would go down when you buy more weapons....it all depends on your mafia size and how they are equipped at the time I think. So depending on each players stats, mafia size and inventory their stats could go up or down when you buy weapons for missions. It's also a way to progressively equip your mob through missions if you don't buy much equipment.

I think that's close but I'm just starting to understand this game. It's confusing I know lol

Thoughts?

Tramp Stamp
12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Why not a smaller number of better, more expensive weapons? Does anyone really need 80 Uzis at any point of the game?

Wakes
12-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Lol ya I doubt you need that many, I guess it depends on your strategy of equipping your mafia. I don't spend a crazy amount of time on it so it works out for me. It seems like they set this as a baseline strategy, everyone plays different.

Maybe the jobs should be based on The different aspects of your attack stats to make you choose which type of weapons to buy.

Dorian Gray
12-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Maybe if the goals gave better rewards it wouldn't be so irritating. Then maybe that would give me a better reason to follow the story instead of just farming so much. I did as many story goals as I could until I realized I was leveling too fast and not really getting anything worth while from them.

Wakes
12-07-2011, 06:54 PM
I agree it levels you up too fast, better equipment rewards with less awarded experience for jobs would make it better.