PDA

View Full Version : Why not reverse the WD point system?

Kanoli
03-24-2014, 08:07 AM
Make it so higher levels get more points for attacking lower levels?

Would make leveling up more desirable and encourage more game play.

Just a thought, let the bashing commence lol

Jaebee
03-24-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm of the opinion that they should use the BP format. It's already in the programming, and it would make things much more interesting.

Web323
03-24-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm of the opinion that they should use the BP format. It's already in the programming, and it would make things much more interesting.

That would make it much more interesting

Kanoli
03-24-2014, 09:00 AM
That would be something

Twist of Cain
03-24-2014, 09:11 AM
That would make it much more interesting

That would be something

That would be more interesting and something combined.

steelhead
03-24-2014, 09:20 AM

See it from grees point of view. This new format makes it allready near impossible for low levels to gain succes. Gree needs new players( fresh meat). If these players can't be succesfull, they will loose interest, which will make them quit.

Paiens
03-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Personally I would be happy with less variance....from 212-450 on same target makes zero sense.

Kanoli
03-24-2014, 09:47 AM
I would think a better level/rank/WD point system would only encourage new players to be more active so they can advance

The current system encourages farming and low activity (sit back, level buildings and only do ltq's)

By making leveling up desirable gree would be promoting more gameplay

Agent Orange
03-24-2014, 09:50 AM

I suspect the assumption is that the higher level players will typically be stronger so that would be counter productive. Would also mean factions would nerf all their low level players.

Agent Orange
03-24-2014, 09:53 AM
See it from grees point of view. This new format makes it allready near impossible for low levels to gain succes. Gree needs new players( fresh meat). If these players can't be succesfull, they will loose interest, which will make them quit.

Exactly, I honestly don't think there is a better solution because someone is going to get screwed in the long run. The trick is probably to cause the least amount of unrest among the user base.

mwfighter
03-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Exactly, I honestly don't think there is a better solution because someone is going to get screwed in the long run. The trick is probably to cause the least amount of unrest among the user base.

I think it should be relative to stats with a bit of tweak for super high stat players.

Let me explain further:

If you're attack is 10mil and you attack and defeat someone with a defense of 9mil you get 400-450 WD

If you're attack is 10mil and you attack and defeat someone with a defense of 1mil you get 150-200 WD

Same is true for someone who is 150mil versus 135mil and 150mil versus 15mil.

Exceptions are what if you fight a faction that is all really low stat? Then I think it should use the current WD system based on higher level.

So basically WD is the MAX of (Relative Stat WD points, Level Based WD points)

example: L300 150mil versus L265 135mil normally would get 225-275 WD, but with relative WD they would get 400-450 WD, so calculation would use the 400-450 WD range since that is higher.

L200 100mil versus L289 10mil normally would get 350-450 WD, but with relative WD they would get 150-200 WD. Taking the max of (350-450, 150-200), they would be in the range of 350-450.

This way no player is punished, no matter level, they can find a target and get good points by taking a chance at a higher defense opponent. If a player is lower level and has a good level to stat ratio they are not penalized for being significantly stronger than opponents.

Kanoli
03-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Interesting, that could work

Something has to give at some point