PDA

View Full Version : Worst WD in a long time.

DILL3NGER
03-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Match ups all over the place.
Stat inflation for some and not others.

Chaos!

thundarr
03-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Match ups all over the place.
Stat inflation for some and not others.

Chaos!

I agree 100%

Dirty Mind
03-22-2014, 03:32 PM
I only see 3 threads complaining about matchups this time. Usually there are a dozen. I would have to say this time its 400% better.

Archer59
03-22-2014, 03:33 PM
16 wars....2 very tough matchups. All others have been reasonable for both factions; wins based on participation. Sorry, but no complaints.

FromAfar
03-22-2014, 04:00 PM
i don't know. every team has it's own experience. i can only speak for mine

so far, we have NEVER been up against a team stronger the us.

in every battle, we have been able to rack up points. some less then others, but there have always been people we can score against.

we have, in almost every battle, been beaten by gold. that i can take. we have shallow pockets, fine, that's part of the game. no problem.

also, to some of the other threads, the 3 of the teams that beat us (6 times, each was 2x, b2b.) we have been able to score, never been outgunned. just outspent.

no one has taken us on a straight up match. we have a few bleeders. the REALLY hurts when you try to compete with gold.

GREE!!! LET ME THROW SLACKERS OUT during a war. it may change our match ups but LET ME DITCH THE FREELOADERS!!!

Sheldor Sir
03-22-2014, 04:05 PM
No complaints win some / lose some

reesiepuff
03-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Good matchups, WD points per attack are all over the frickin place though, something needs to be done there

Sinisterclick
03-22-2014, 05:13 PM
What is going on with power attack... Best points 972... :-)

Wufnu
03-22-2014, 05:16 PM
I agree about the WD points, they really seem to fluctuate more this time.

Concur also about being beat by gold and participation. We haven't been matched up yet against a team we couldn't beat if we were not out-spent or they just had more participation.

DILL3NGER
03-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Stat inflation has ruined this WD. If you have it it's great but if you're unlucky enough to not have a lvl 10 robotics or airbase then forget about it.

I'm in Top25 and a big percentage of my faction are just hitting walls and CC.

iamnasty
03-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Stat inflation has ruined this WD. If you have it it's great but if you're unlucky enough to not have a lvl 10 robotics or airbase then forget about it.

Hmmm.....the future of WD = banging your head against the wall, interesting......moo :D

Blodiea
03-22-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't have anything at lvl 10, but the only team I couldn't do anything against was osw.......that one hurt.

iamnasty
03-22-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't have anything at lvl 10, but the only team I couldn't do anything against was osw.......that one hurt.

Least you can bang your head against the wall !.....moo :D

pb23
03-22-2014, 06:47 PM
We've had 6 matches so far against top 5 teams... But even considering this, we have actually pulled two Top 75 teams... This was like HEAVEN for us.

So... I'm all for getting pounded by SUP or OSW here and there if they throw us a bone too. So far this war, that has happened. Last war, not so much.

The stat inflation on the other hand... Not a big fan. This is the beginning of the end.

I am a cow!
03-22-2014, 11:57 PM

Lol I have a level 10 elite training facility does that count? Spammed the crap our of the last unit from there

JerseyGirl
03-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Its war, some win, some loose :)

bam bam.
03-23-2014, 12:59 AM
been a good war for my team. 19 wars 16wins. Good team effort.

Jetwit
03-23-2014, 06:04 AM
I have to agree. been in 12 wars have 160 wins and zero losses. What's there to complain about?

Oh and stats... if you have been playing long enough and had the right buildings upgraded... Fought for a bit and were high enough rank..... that the "stat inflation" was EARNED.... I love my new stat!

lemonhaze
03-23-2014, 06:19 AM
its been great so far for ST6...well on our way to 50 again..we just fought TSC and destroyed them lol

Skelewu
03-23-2014, 07:58 AM
its been great so far for ST6...well on our way to 50 again..we just fought TSC and destroyed them lol

At least you not complaining this time about getting tko 6 times. Expect a surprise from sup.

Aik Jones
03-23-2014, 09:17 AM

I have to disagree!
If u have been workin on levelling up those buildings while others where working on LTE's then it's balanced! Gree has jst evened it out (I haven't benefitted much by this change, only an11mil increase compared to some that had 40>60mil increases) get upgrading n mayb u'll be ready for the future changes.

WD has been cool.... More targets, more points (fluctuates) but overall good fun for my team.

{Kill Joy}
03-23-2014, 11:50 AM
So I have 3 accounts all in different factions. My main is for the most part getting fair matchups in the top 50. My second account is getting about the same in the top 250. My third account is getting @@@@ on out of the top 4000. The account only has 1 million a/d and is solo in the faction and so far out of the 9 matches I have had with it, every match up has been with factions with members all over 2 m. Every battle has had teams with more than 4 players. How is this fair. The 1500 gold I have with it, will not be used this war. Bad pairings for this account.

Agent1200
03-23-2014, 12:10 PM
So I have 3 accounts all in different factions. My main is for the most part getting fair matchups in the top 50. My second account is getting about the same in the top 250. My third account is getting @@@@ on out of the top 4000. The account only has 1 million a/d and is solo in the faction and so far out of the 9 matches I have had with it, every match up has been with factions with members all over 2 m. Every battle has had teams with more than 4 players. How is this fair. The 1500 gold I have with it, will not be used this war. Bad pairings for this account.

That's good info and sorry about your issues..... But I don't think 1 man factions should even be allowed in WD. It's not a faction or team if there's only one member. WD is a team game. I think there should be some sort of minimum participation number.....

jgmecarter
03-23-2014, 12:31 PM
I am in a top 25 faction. We are close to the top ten we have lost more than we have won but most of the people in the faction have over 100k points. The matches seem fair to me. You should get matched up with tougher factions from time to time. It's the way it always is.

Delta Strike
03-23-2014, 12:50 PM
I have had good match up we are 14W-8L on our 3/5 streak

Delta Strike
03-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Dont declare right away give it some time

Delta Strike
03-23-2014, 12:51 PM

Come join us after war we are a top 1200 team right now with a 3/5 streak almost completed

Dickweed
03-23-2014, 01:19 PM
What is going on with power attack... Best points 972... :-)

I am thinking that you now get credit for 4 hits if you win a PA. I got 1233 WD off a winning PA, which would be a reasonable 308 pts for a single (308.25 anyway). However, along with some of the other comments, I don't understand how my L72 player gets mid 200's 4 times in a row off a L262 player while my L190 player got the occasional 400+ off the same L262 player. On another note, one of my teammates has gotten more than 450 on a single so not sure what to expect anymore.

Dickweed
03-23-2014, 02:15 PM
To follow up, just got another 1218 WD off another PA.

nealcam
03-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Weve won 12 of 13 battles. I have no complaints

Speed ump
03-23-2014, 05:42 PM
Not everyone will be happy with matchups obviuosly. From my view this wd has had better matches for us. Probabaly some of the best I've seen so far. Still one or two issues, but nothing like in the past

Dickweed
03-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Not everyone will be happy with matchups obviuosly. From my view this wd has had better matches for us. Probabaly some of the best I've seen so far. Still one or two issues, but nothing like in the past

Agreed. First war I have seen where every match has been beatable. We certainly take our losses but not because they were all unbeatable....we have only lost because they wanted it more and earned it fair and square. Point fluctuations still baffle me a little but that is the same as it has always been as far as I can tell.

VFF-ASSASSIN
03-23-2014, 06:39 PM
So far so good here

Dirty Mind
03-23-2014, 07:05 PM
I hope the OP is reading all this

Spazer
03-23-2014, 07:36 PM
I totally agree with you. My faction only had 239K WDP and we ended up fighting against a faction that had 1.5M WDP. Honestly but WTH?

Jody13
03-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Yes. Our faction usually places 500-750. Now we are fighting "The Pirates TM". At least 6 of their 13 members are over 200M. We were getting beat up too bad to check the other 7 members.

DILL3NGER
03-24-2014, 04:39 AM
I hope the OP is reading all this

Yeah I'm reading this and all it proves it that Gree still has a very unbalanced and unstable gaming platform.

Like I said if you were lucky enough to have maxed your valour units then you're laughing. (I'm one of them by the way)
However there are plenty of other people that are now thinking of quiting because of the inflation. for these people they haven't been able to play due to them not having targets.

I know its part of the game and tough luck blah blah blah but the timing on Grees part was piss poor.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
03-24-2014, 04:57 AM
No new valor units... No new cash units. All my wars are good... This one is even better.

MadAtWorld
03-24-2014, 05:10 AM
Yeah I'm reading this and all it proves it that Gree still has a very unbalanced and unstable gaming platform.

Like I said if you were lucky enough to have maxed your valour units then you're laughing. (I'm one of them by the way)
However there are plenty of other people that are now thinking of quiting because of the inflation. for these people they haven't been able to play due to them not having targets.

I know its part of the game and tough luck blah blah blah but the timing on Grees part was piss poor.

There are pros and cons to the stats inflation. The pros being that the loyal players who have hung in thru thick and thin are now rewarded for the time spent upgrading their buildings to ten and accumulating massive amounts of money and valor they couldn't use.

The cons... well, first, if you're a new player coming into the game, why would you even stay and play? If you look at the minimum building and upgrade times, it'll be a long while before you're even on the map. Boost units are king, and you won't have the stats to acquire any. The only new accounts that will survive are those started by someone who is in a good faction and can camp them. But I think the biggest con is for the gold players. They may not have been playing for two years, but they spent a small (or not so small) fortune to compete. It's the way the world works so you can't fault them for paying to play in the big leagues. Only fair since they have to pay to stay there. But where a week ago a lvl 150 with 30m stats after 6 months of play and a lot of gold could raid a player with 5m stats who played two years for free, they are now getting their tail handed to them.

I agree with rewarding the old players for their time spent. But I think the recent changes are damaging. There are much better ways to give older players some stimulus without causing such an upheaval.

Here's an idea. Gree could propose ideas in the open forum and see what percentage of their gaming population would seriously hate it before they release it.

Paiens
03-24-2014, 06:27 AM
This has been the funnest WD for me in a long time...every team had a target and most every team had a target on us.
Epic battles were had...it was wicked. Only people who surely hated this war were streak teams, and who the hell needs them.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
03-24-2014, 06:57 AM
This has been the funnest WD for me in a long time...every team had a target and most every team had a target on us.
Epic battles were had...it was wicked. Only people who surely hated this war were streak teams, and who the hell needs them.

Streak team here... Read my comments above.

Sinisterclick
03-24-2014, 07:06 AM
Agree with Cosmic, as a streaker l too am happy, just wish l didn't need sleep ;-)

Agent Orange
03-24-2014, 07:14 AM

Perhaps less players went solo this time, I put my solo player into my test faction.

In terms of fairness, well if Gree adjusted matching to have a range say 1-5 players with total stats then you are done. Personally it was a loophole that should have been plugged and appears to have been.

My test faction of 13 hit a 2 man faction and I destroyed them even though the DL was 26 million def. At least a bit of strategy is filtering back into the game....

Agent Orange
03-24-2014, 07:23 AM
There are pros and cons to the stats inflation. The pros being that the loyal players who have hung in thru thick and thin are now rewarded for the time spent upgrading their buildings to ten and accumulating massive amounts of money and valor they couldn't use.

The cons... well, first, if you're a new player coming into the game, why would you even stay and play? If you look at the minimum building and upgrade times, it'll be a long while before you're even on the map. Boost units are king, and you won't have the stats to acquire any. The only new accounts that will survive are those started by someone who is in a good faction and can camp them. But I think the biggest con is for the gold players. They may not have been playing for two years, but they spent a small (or not so small) fortune to compete. It's the way the world works so you can't fault them for paying to play in the big leagues. Only fair since they have to pay to stay there. But where a week ago a lvl 150 with 30m stats after 6 months of play and a lot of gold could raid a player with 5m stats who played two years for free, they are now getting their tail handed to them.

I agree with rewarding the old players for their time spent. But I think the recent changes are damaging. There are much better ways to give older players some stimulus without causing such an upheaval.

Here's an idea. Gree could propose ideas in the open forum and see what percentage of their gaming population would seriously hate it before they release it.

Very true, the need for balance sometimes outweighs the need to placate the users...

My question would be, what feedback did they get from the beta testers? I thought I saw a post about some of these new units a few days before they went live. My understanding is that many are long time players and many heavy gold spenders so one would think their feedback would have reflected a positive or negative outcome or does Gree totally ignore feedback from all sources. I kind of doubt this.

JoshIsAwesome
03-24-2014, 07:34 AM
I thought it was fun. Make sure the weakest officer declares though. Itherwise you will match up with a bigger faction like the player who declares.

MaverickINsc
03-24-2014, 07:59 AM

having a level 10 isn't luck....its either playing more than for 6 months when people still leveled or passing up all the ltq upgrades for cash and units and toiling to build an overall strong base......just because people blew off the unit buildings that were there the whole time doesn't make the ones who did the buidings LUCKY....they chose to put in the time.....im at level 5 by the way not ten....but Im glad I didn't completely ignore them for iph .

good gawd noooo
03-24-2014, 08:18 AM

I am far from having lvl ten robotic or airbase and I doubled my stats anyway.. depends on how much valor you held onto or whether you burned it with soldiers you couldn't even use. I know many had more valor then me and I had 8.5 million which I spent wisely(or so I would like to think) and gree is giving us this stat inflation to encourage participation in the new event. the lower end valor units and regular soldiers will get thrown away(in their hopes) when we voluntarily dedicate units to the new battle. Eventually we will have no low end soldiers and the inventory system will be cleaner for them and us

& The Horse U Rode In On
03-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Most interesting in a long time. Intelligence, counter-intelligence, denial & deception, the shell game of name changes. Made an old spook teary eyed

good gawd noooo
03-24-2014, 08:30 AM
I am thinking that you now get credit for 4 hits if you win a PA. I got 1233 WD off a winning PA, which would be a reasonable 308 pts for a single (308.25 anyway). However, along with some of the other comments, I don't understand how my L72 player gets mid 200's 4 times in a row off a L262 player while my L190 player got the occasional 400+ off the same L262 player. On another note, one of my teammates has gotten more than 450 on a single so not sure what to expect anymore.

I believe the fluctuations has to do with how many in your faction are hitting same target. Unfortunately I have noticed that points drop on target when multiple players are attacking him as well. targets that potentially pay out 400 k can drop as low as 230. truly sucks but think is grees way of making you scout more so your team doesn't just find one target and focus on it. too bad I scored over 120k wd this war if it weren't for the fluctuation would of been more like 150k

Paiens
03-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Streak team here... Read my comments above.

Should have added good streak teams would have adapted...and I am sure some did.

chiefkeo
03-24-2014, 09:06 AM
16 wars....2 very tough matchups. All others have been reasonable for both factions; wins based on participation. Sorry, but no complaints.

Agreed, we didn't see the impossible wins like before. If you had your troops on deck you had a chance in every battle we fought.

MaverickINsc
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Agreed, we didn't see the impossible wins like before. If you had your troops on deck you had a chance in every battle we fought.

best matchups ever......except the singaporeans with the fifty one-ally kaisu accounts and the 6 high level gold spenders.....congratulations you little math gremlins....your the only people in the ENTIRE WORLD that understand
gree's algorythyms.....our 50-90k average dropped to a stout 10k on you guys and you crushed us......whatever your
doing don't tell anybody else please....otherwise an enjoyable war overall .....when we showed up we won.....or got outspent with gold.....the way it should be

DILL3NGER
03-24-2014, 01:13 PM
having a level 10 isn't luck....its either playing more than for 6 months when people still leveled or passing up all the ltq upgrades for cash and units and toiling to build an overall strong base......just because people blew off the unit buildings that were there the whole time doesn't make the ones who did the buidings LUCKY....they chose to put in the time.....im at level 5 by the way not ten....but Im glad I didn't completely ignore them for iph .

Of course its luck that you had level 10 buildings.

Fact is that those buildings have been laid dormant now for nearly a year. Its our 'Luck' not 'Strategy' that these are now back into play. Or are you such a master strategist that you sat there and thought.

"Well these units aren't doing boss all for my stats but what the hell I'll upgrade them anyway. You never know Gree might just turn the game on it head and make it ALL about these buildings"

Not about 'Luck'? What happened to this game recently was everything about luck.

DILL3NGER
03-24-2014, 01:16 PM
But on a Reflective note I did start this thread at the beginning of the war and we had a run of appalling match ups. Most of which were fighting the same faction twice in a row. I'm guessing Gree tweaked something cos that didn't happen 12\18 hours in.

The match ups did get better.