PDA

View Full Version : Is GREE going FREE?

Spazer
03-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Ok, there are good sides towards this new units that GREE brought into the market. However there is a huge downturn for GREE. Now that people can buy strong units with their GREE CASH, probably you don't ever need to buy gold or GREE cash again!!! Yeepy!!! BUT WAIT!!!!! GREE how are you going earn money? Ok, there are other apps they own but wouldn't this mean that ur employees wage would drops because of less income? Then people might stop working for GREE. Thought of that?

Systematrix
03-21-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm pretty sure Gree put a lot of thought into implementing this strategy and I highly doubt it involved dropping any revenue. Love the changes though, finally replacing those outdated units.

Bungle79
03-21-2014, 08:21 AM
The event prizes will probably get a lot better to make them worthwhile

Dreson7
03-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Surprise or not, Modern War isn't GREE'S only revenue earning app. I also see another of GREE'S games, War of Nations. They are often pretty high and occasionally higher then Modern War on the top grossing charts for ios apps. During war time, it is highly expectable for Gree to make over a million each day just based off this game alone

Pappy14
03-21-2014, 08:38 AM
I have heard the casualty rates for these new cash units are a little higher than the previous ones...

Blodiea
03-21-2014, 08:44 AM
All the rates say low on android. Not sure if this is correct

Lancerdually
03-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Bahahhahaaa.............. wait for "Act 2"................... oh and there will be more "acts" to this "Play"

Agent Orange
03-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Low = destructible so they will eventually get nerfed.

Thing is as long as you have guys who have the bucks they are not going to sit around and just go with the status quo in other words everyone has the opportunity to level the crap out of their accounts with free units. BUT if you want to be at the top of the game you are still stuck with spending to stay there.

You don't think that the strongest guys in the game were not sitting on a crapload of valour because there was nothing out there to buy with it. Now there is but it just means to stay at the top you still wind up having to spend.

But the good side that everyone seems to miss is if you don't go berserk bulking up then all the guys/gals that do are going to shoot past you…..

Web323
03-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Low = destructible so they will eventually get nerfed.

Thing is as long as you have guys who have the bucks they are not going to sit around and just go with the status quo in other words everyone has the opportunity to level the crap out of their accounts with free units. BUT if you want to be at the top of the game you are still stuck with spending to stay there.

You don't think that the strongest guys in the game were not sitting on a crapload of valour because there was nothing out there to buy with it. Now there is but it just means to stay at the top you still wind up having to spend.

But the good side that everyone seems to miss is if you don't go berserk bulking up then all the guys/gals that do are going to shoot past you…..

I have seen one player with 20 on the 600K valor unit

reesiepuff
03-21-2014, 02:32 PM
they will just make the prize units even stronger, i have a feeling an event rewarding valor will come about, but be very expensive to finish

emcee
03-21-2014, 04:34 PM
I just jumped from 13 mil attack to 75 mil and lots of room for improvement. Talk about stats inflation....

Mr. Artois
03-21-2014, 08:17 PM
I have seen one player with 20 on the 600K valor unit

That's more than likely a hack, you need to be ranked the very last tier for that.

thundarr
03-21-2014, 08:43 PM
I just jumped from 13 mil attack to 75 mil and lots of room for improvement. Talk about stats inflation....

This is why the game has been ruined. 62 million stat increase used to take many months and enormous amounts of cash. Now you can do it in minutes for free. What incentive is there to buy gold any more? I have 15 million in unused valor so I will upgrade my dry dock to level 10 and buy a pile of units. No need to spend a cent. As the famous song from the Who said "I'm Free"

SevenO9
03-22-2014, 06:25 AM
Gold spending during WD, bosses, 10/25 boxes or LTQ wont drop a cent because of inflated stats. Their earnings from LE sets or crates is a friction of their overall turnover i guess.

Tkachukers
03-22-2014, 01:00 PM
This is why the game has been ruined. 62 million stat increase used to take many months and enormous amounts of cash. Now you can do it in minutes for free. What incentive is there to buy gold any more? I have 15 million in unused valor so I will upgrade my dry dock to level 10 and buy a pile of units. No need to spend a cent. As the famous song from the Who said "I'm Free"

But didn't it take all these players months to accumulate all this valor? People chose to spend before this and others had nothing to spend it. Isn't it all relative and based on strategy? People get mad because the game changes, but all games change. Sometimes you come out ahead and sometimes you don't. Is the complaint based on fairness or that the change is negative due to strategy or free choice... If we spend gold we hit the button. We choose to play. People chose to upgrade all their buildings maybe because they don't have a lot of gold to spend so they did that. And now for all those months of waiting and upgrading and grinding they get rewarded. Most of them the little guys. That being said a lot of big guys made same choices and they are rewarded. So maybe it's not that unfair...

iamgremlin
03-22-2014, 01:15 PM
But didn't it take all these players months to accumulate all this valor? People chose to spend before this and others had nothing to spend it. Isn't it all relative and based on strategy? People get mad because the game changes, but all games change. Sometimes you come out ahead and sometimes you don't. Is the complaint based on fairness or that the change is negative due to strategy or free choice... If we spend gold we hit the button. We choose to play. People chose to upgrade all their buildings maybe because they don't have a lot of gold to spend so they did that. And now for all those months of waiting and upgrading and grinding they get rewarded. Most of them the little guys. That being said a lot of big guys made same choices and they are rewarded. So maybe it's not that unfair...

well said everyone plays the way the want and everyone is awarded accordingly. all changes are across the board not just for certain players

thundarr
03-22-2014, 01:33 PM
With all due respect to the previous 2 posters the game is ruined beyond repair. I will be able to upgrade my seaport and airport and get tons of valor units but what is the point? I will never spend money on gold again. I used to drop a vault or 2 per month to get my stats up to be of help to my faction. This WD I am on wall duty and many times I can't find a target even with 28 million attack. By the next WD my stats will catch up to this hyper inflation and I will be back where I was but now I won't spend any money on gold. Why drop $100-200 to get a unit when I will get many times that for free. It cheapens the whole game by handing out all these free units. Gree depends on our spending real money and with this windfall I think there will be many players that think like I do and close up their wallets for good.

ASHOdamatel
03-22-2014, 05:31 PM
With this current stat inflation it will balance out and gold will be needed again soon.

thundarr
03-22-2014, 06:10 PM
With this current stat inflation it will balance out and gold will be needed again soon.

Needed and obtained are 2 different things. After getting 60+ million stats for free how much are you going to spend for a 150K unit? Some may but most won't. Only time will tell. Before this insanity a 150K unit with a bonus was worth dropping a vault on but now its 1/4 of 1% of what you just got for free. Gree has made a monumental blunder and gold spending will fall off a cliff.

mreilly
03-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Needed and obtained are 2 different things. After getting 60+ million stats for free how much are you going to spend for a 150K unit? Some may but most won't. Only time will tell. Before this insanity a 150K unit with a bonus was worth dropping a vault on but now its 1/4 of 1% of what you just got for free. Gree has made a monumental blunder and gold spending will fall off a cliff.

There is short term chaos which will eventually be levelled out. Why do you think rewards will be in the 150k range? With stats the way they are the rewards will obviously be increased ten fold as well...

thundarr
03-22-2014, 06:51 PM
There is short term chaos which will eventually be levelled out. Why do you think rewards will be in the 150k range? With stats the way they are the rewards will obviously be increased ten fold as well...

If you increase it 10 fold you will still be 2.5% of what you just got for free. I am seeing players regularly with 150 million stats. What does a 1.5 million unit do for them? 1% increase for a vault or 2? I don't think so. Its the psychology of getting people to pay for something they just got for free.

Big she'd
03-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Maybe rewards will be heavily angled towards boosts from now on , a five percent sea attack boost would up my stats 2 mill now

FromAfar
03-22-2014, 08:50 PM
idk about free, but the move is interesting.

it had the effect of rewarding those in big factions, with nothing better to do with valor.

AND

rewarding those people that have been building their base for a good while. both income and unit buildings.

it's new, and i aint sure i like it yet, but it has some promise. i can maybe compete, UNTIL THE NEXT STATFLATION run, with a some folks i was falling behind on.

at first, not happy, but now withholding judgement.

VFF-ASSASSIN
03-23-2014, 06:19 PM
All apps including this one is free. Us as players determine what we want to buy. If you stay in your tier say top 250 and below, it will be free. If you want to have high stats and win and fight with the big dogs, well you'll have to pay to stay. Good luck

lemonhaze
03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
That's more than likely a hack, you need to be ranked the very last tier for that.

its not a hack they as opned up for a min and gree closed them back down...ended up with 6 my seff before they lcoked them back down..put me over 200m

Cow
03-24-2014, 05:32 AM
Then if not a hack then definitely something that was not supposed to be and those units need to be taken away.

But as usual not the players fault-we just do what is presented. Typical Gree Mess up....