PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Accounts On 1 Device

Badvock
03-20-2014, 08:28 PM
Have you ever wanted to have all your MW accounts on iSO devices accessible from just 1?

After having issues with my account being lost after an upgrade from iOS 6.1 to iOS 7.1 I have been playing with iTunes trying to get it back because Gree seems in no hurry to do it for me. What I have found is that by doing restores of backups I can jump Between MW accounts. First you have to set them up though. Here's how.

Step 1.
Update your device to the latest version of iOS and confirm you can still access your MW account. Be careful with this as I have lost my main upgrading.

Step 2.
Rename your device to something which will ID it for you to know what MW account it is linked to. For me I just called it 'Mark's iPhone 1'

Step 3.
Create a backup of your device in iTunes with this new device name.

Step 4.
In iTunes, select 'Restore iPhone' and let it finish. When done it gives you the option to either restore from backup or create new. Select Create New.

Step 5.
Load Modern War and it should give you a fresh level 1 account.

Step 6.
Transfer one of your there MW accounts from a different device to this new account using the in game transfer feature. (You my wish to skip his step until you are sure you can get access to this account when finished this procedure.)

Step 7.
Rename your device again with a unique identifier to easily id this account.

Step 8.
Connect to iTunes and do another Device Backup. You should now have 2 different devices backed up in iTunes.

Step 9.
To transfer between your new accounts, just complete a 'Restore Backup' using iTunes for the account you wish to use. Being easily named, you should be able to switch accounts in about 3 minutes.

Disclaimer
If you use this guide you do so at your own risk of losing access to your accounts. It is currently working for me and I do not know how it will operate in the future when Apple release a new version of iOS. I would ask someone else to test an confirm this works on an old iOS device and report outcome here before you all run away and try it.

ONCE AGAIN, NO RSPOSABILITY IF YOU TRY THIS AND LOSE ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

iZheil9152
03-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Yeaaaaa... This works if you are stuck with one device, but it's very time consuming switching between backups to say collect your $ from the other account, and then back over. You would also have to 'get rid' of your personal life as the data from one backup wouldn't sync with the other one, so your messages, productivity apps (that store their own data), camera roll, music, etc. would stay on one backup, which would make that backup larger and take longer to download.....

Lets face it, if you are willing to play modern war, you have a little change lying around to buy a second device.

Badvock
03-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Yeaaaaa... This works if you are stuck with one device, but it's very time consuming switching between backups to say collect your $ from the other account, and then back over. You would also have to 'get rid' of your personal life as the data from one backup wouldn't sync with the other one, so your messages, productivity apps (that store their own data), camera roll, music, etc. would stay on one backup, which would make that backup larger and take longer to download.....

Lets face it, if you are willing to play modern war, you have a little change lying around to buy a second device.

Valid points, but not everyone who plays has a spare $500 for a new iPad or $1000 for new iPhone. Your thinking just sits inside "spend lots of money to play MW" some people would love to have a second account and can't aford more devices. And you don't have to worry about losing your personal life, because chances are, if you play that much MW, you don't have much of one.

Stevekov
03-21-2014, 12:03 AM
Valid points, but not everyone who plays has a spare $500 for a new iPad or $1000 for new iPhone. Your thinking just sits inside "spend lots of money to play MW" some people would love to have a second account and can't aford more devices. And you don't have to worry about losing your personal life, because chances are, if you play that much MW, you don't have much of one.

But old ip3 are in oversupply, so just keep lookout for them and buy them all up. You could end up filling the whole dining room table with them and I guess if there got ordered correctly you could have a revolving table that move just slowly enough to put the correct on in front of you to just tap tap tap to collect at the right time.

Delicious
03-21-2014, 03:19 AM
Hahahaha. Amazing mental image.

But old ip3 are in oversupply, so just keep lookout for them and buy them all up. You could end up filling the whole dining room table with them and I guess if there got ordered correctly you could have a revolving table that move just slowly enough to put the correct on in front of you to just tap tap tap to collect at the right time.

iZheil9152
03-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Valid points, but not everyone who plays has a spare $500 for a new iPad or $1000 for new iPhone.
iPod Touch, cheap.

Agent Orange
03-21-2014, 01:27 PM
iPod 4th Gens were being blown out for $69 the other day.