03-20-2014, 01:52 PM
does it really need to be 50 gold?

Like 10 would make sense..

ohlo-00
03-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Money money money :)

b-w
03-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Yeah but if it was more affordable then i'd do it often..Like right after my name appears on one of the intel reports..bam. Most of my syn would do it also. Plus if you're mad because i rob you so much then change it..Change it often.

crime master gogo
03-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Haha do not suggest gree for earning another wAy to make money ,,, I m sure they will do 10 gold lol

b-w
03-20-2014, 02:13 PM
plus pip said so and she gets crazy so..look out

reticlover
03-20-2014, 04:41 PM
i agree 10 gold is better price to change name,

huff-n-puff
03-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Yeah, my 3 year old doesn't understand why she is Mike Jr instead of her name. I just hate to spend 50 gold to change it. At least I made her avatar a girl...

sister morphine
03-20-2014, 11:05 PM
Yeah but if it was more affordable then i'd do it often..Like right after my name appears on one of the intel reports..bam. Most of my syn would do it also. Plus if you're mad because i rob you so much then change it..Change it often.
That won't help you much. Your position on the list doesn't change, so smart people can figure out who you were without too much trouble ;)

Clarence
03-21-2014, 12:36 AM
There's no need for it to be any gold. They're such money grabbers. I'm sure when I joined you could do name and character changes for game money

aron
03-21-2014, 01:45 AM

sister morphine
03-21-2014, 02:07 AM
There's no need for it to be any gold. They're such money grabbers. I'm sure when I joined you could do name and character changes for game money
No, you could send a ticket and request it. I can see the advantage of automating it over taking up someone's time doing changes manually but the cost is way over the top.

b-w
03-21-2014, 08:32 AM
I know how the smart ones think and i've devised a plan specifically for them..We have players with ranging stats all near the same level..If it were 10 gold then we'd swap names..know what i mean?

TheCCKilla111
03-21-2014, 09:44 AM
does it really need to be 50 gold?

Like 10 would make sense..

Just another way for them to make money.

b-w
03-21-2014, 10:01 AM
I know..Here is the simple theory on how lowering it would make them more money..

at 50 gold one member of syn does it

at 10 gold 15 members are willing to do it and do it regularly..more bang for the buck. They would be willing to do 5 name changes for 50 but not 1..

see how that works gree? Mo money by actually lowering the price.

Apply this thinking to the entire game and you'll have money piled up to the ceiling

sister morphine
03-21-2014, 10:50 AM
I know how the smart ones think and i've devised a plan specifically for them..We have players with ranging stats all near the same level..If it were 10 gold then we'd swap names..know what i mean?
For war I presume? Doesn't work; your place on the list stays the same unless you leave and rejoin the syndicate (or others above you do the same). Even when all members of Fight Club were called Tyler Durden it wasn't too hard to identify their weakest member without the need to scout them all.

A group in KA swapped names around during a war, but it only took a minute to figure out who they'd been previously on the existing scout reports.

PUN1SH3R
03-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Just watch videos and earn free gold. Once you get to 50, change your name. Then Gree pays for it, not you :)

b-w
03-22-2014, 07:40 AM
All my great ideas turn out to be recycled ones..damn

Mcockbur
03-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Gree wants to make money.. Ok, but what about the process that your account was created with "alex" name because it didnt ask you a name when you purchased a new device and used icloud to copy your data from previous to new device?
Changing name should not be a big deal, as your internal code does not change...
If they want to make money on it, they should be smart... Why are they charging so much gold for that? Why not allow up to 3 name changes at no cost and then charge??? Maybe 5 gold would be more than enough...

RealTeflonDon
03-22-2014, 08:57 AM
I know..Here is the simple theory on how lowering it would make them more money..

at 50 gold one member of syn does it

at 10 gold 15 members are willing to do it and do it regularly..more bang for the buck. They would be willing to do 5 name changes for 50 but not 1..

see how that works gree? Mo money by actually lowering the price.

Apply this thinking to the entire game and you'll have money piled up to the ceiling

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?85225-Gold-Pricing-amp-Event-Requirements

Its been said, and my thread above surely wasn't the first time.

Bobar
03-22-2014, 09:12 AM
should not be possible at all in my opinion.

Assault and Flattery
03-22-2014, 10:35 AM
No, you could send a ticket and request it. I can see the advantage of automating it over taking up someone's time doing changes manually but the cost is way over the top.

Yeah, it got to the point where support would have thousands of emails a day from everyone in a syndicate wanting their name changed before the war, then after ... it was insane. It wasn't possible to keep up with all the requests. It was either no more name changes at all, or put it in the game.

RealTeflonDon
03-22-2014, 10:41 AM
For a fee of course :p