PDA

View Full Version : Any ways to avoid robbers?

ronaldocyh
03-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Besides changing my name to Alex, how can I avoid those robbers camping at my hood?

Mackie Messer
03-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Collect on time. The End.

1Shot
03-19-2014, 08:29 PM
For me, if I don't rob anyone, my place isn't robbed so much.

iteachem
03-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Besides changing my name to Alex, how can I avoid those robbers camping at my hood?

If you don't collect on time someone will... Only way to avoid it is to put out timers or sell off buildings you can't collect

John Hannibal Smith
03-19-2014, 08:55 PM
When I seen the title of this thread I laughed to myself thing,"holy Sh*t this is there gonna be a good ol' tar and feathering" but after reading the responses I was shocked. Am I in the correct forums? lol

Christurbo
03-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Remove all cash buildings....

ronaldocyh
03-19-2014, 09:01 PM
I will not sleep for 6 hours just to collect my nightclubs in time.
Now the problem is that one or two players keep camping at my hood. Unless I can vanish from their rival list, it seems that I have no way to keep away from them.
Another problem is, if I do change my name to 'Alex', will my screen on all previous posts be changed as well? Suppose my name is Gree and I posted a message on the robbers' walls. If I change my name to Alex, will the robbers still see "Gree' or "Alex" or their walls?

Idiosyncrasy
03-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Robbers will see 'Alex.' The link would stay the same, and you would just be changing the display name for all existing links. I have at least verified this with comments on my wall, and I assume the same holds true for win/loss newsfeed listings.

Sleazy_P_Martini
03-19-2014, 11:13 PM
try focusing on just the collection cycles you can handle. night clubs can be hard to collect on time, four times a day. grow the cycles you can collect on time. let the cycles that you cant collect, get robbed. and leave them robbed. no need to sell them off. just dont collect them.

sister morphine
03-19-2014, 11:58 PM
try focusing on just the collection cycles you can handle. night clubs can be hard to collect on time, four times a day. grow the cycles you can collect on time. let the cycles that you cant collect, get robbed. and leave them robbed. no need to sell them off. just dont collect them.
That might be the best solution. Anything that gets robbed leave robbed - collect what you can until they get robbed. If your tormentors get nothing from you after a while they might leave you alone. It'll take patience.

The other alternative is to figure out a time of day you're sure to get onto the game, and reset your best buildings (24 and 48hr ones at least) to it. Then be certain to come on a couple of minutes before they pay and wait in your hood with the time window up on the first one.

pallack
03-20-2014, 02:25 AM
Be friend with your rival so even they will see you on their rival list because your not in the same syndicate they will not bother to go in your hood plus set a timer

cynicalmofo
03-20-2014, 02:34 AM
Sell everything off, donate to your syndicate and go play Candy Crush where none of the big bad men can steal your pixels.

mooface
03-20-2014, 02:37 AM

Best answer

sister morphine
03-20-2014, 03:54 AM
Be friend with your rival so even they will see you on their rival list because your not in the same syndicate they will not bother to go in your hood plus set a timer
Before the news alerts disappeared I always preferred mocking the worst offenders (and the ones who robbed low payout buildings) to kissing butts. ;)

reticlover
03-20-2014, 05:41 AM
Now the problem is that one or two players keep camping at my hood. Unless I can vanish from their rival list, it seems that I have no way to keep away from them.
Another problem is, if I do change my name to 'Alex', will my screen on all previous posts be changed as well? Suppose my name is Gree and I posted a message on the robbers' walls. If I change my name to Alex, will the robbers still see "Gree' or "Alex" or their walls?

you can always try removing all mafia members but expect a drop in stats. or just collect on time and dont attack or rob anyone anymore. eventually u will be pushed from their news feed.

Nighteg
03-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Just accept it that your nightclubs will be robbed once a day. Think of it as a 40% daily commission.

sister morphine
03-20-2014, 06:31 AM
you can always try removing all mafia members but expect a drop in stats. or just collect on time and dont attack or rob anyone anymore. eventually u will be pushed from their news feed.
Staying inactive and dropping mafia doesn't work anymore. If anything I reckon I've been hit less since becoming much more active during this boss.

sister morphine
03-20-2014, 06:33 AM
Just accept it that your nightclubs will be robbed once a day. Think of it as a 40% daily commission.
Mine only get robbed if I either oversleep so they slip or more rarely if I'm preoccupied and forget to go in game. Once they go beyond a certain time past the hour I let them run round overnight.

Bandit_
03-20-2014, 06:54 AM
No way to prevent robberies, but you have a good chance of retaliation. Just rob double of what you lose that's what I do.

redinator
03-20-2014, 07:03 AM
Do not buy more henchmen like I did. It makes no difference!

amateur
03-20-2014, 08:34 AM
That might be the best solution. Anything that gets robbed leave robbed - collect what you can until they get robbed. If your tormentors get nothing from you after a while they might leave you alone. It'll take patience.

The other alternative is to figure out a time of day you're sure to get onto the game, and reset your best buildings (24 and 48hr ones at least) to it. Then be certain to come on a couple of minutes before they pay and wait in your hood with the time window up on the first one.

Colletct all buildings, better then leaving them robbed. They cant rob you for more then 50%. Collect on time is the only way..

RealTeflonDon
03-20-2014, 08:41 AM
All pretty sound advice here except for the ones saying "sell everything off". Even if it gets robbed it's still income you wouldn't of otherwise had.

Best advice, collect on time- has been said.

I think everyone has trouble with their 18hr & 20hr builds. The best thing you can do with those is, leave them robbed until late at night, as late as you can. So, as an example lets say we leave our 20 & 18hr buildings left uncollected until midnight.

The following day your collection times will be 8pm & 6pm (should be manageable). Then the next day will be 4pm & noon (can be tough with work). At this point your 20hr build will be at noon & the 18hr will be back at 6am.

The 20hr should be good for another day. The 18hr builds might need to be run through the cycle again though.

That's been my technique to increasing income with minimal robberies. Hope it helps.

JakeCullen
03-20-2014, 09:09 AM
That's the game pal...you'll get attacked and robbed whether you like it or not...you can almost never avoid it...on the bright side, you have the opportunity to get back the cash that was taken from you by robbing or attacking...whether they like it or not...all is fair in crime ;-)

murf
03-20-2014, 09:12 AM

This is horrible advice....how about just swallowing your ego, and let your NCs get robbed and collect 2.4 x's a day. 2.4 x's for NC is still better then almost all non-LTB buildings. If you want to grow your IPH as fast as possible you have to either 1) get used to seeing red on your news feed or 2) set timers and wake up at all different times during the night.

I opt for #1.

murf
03-20-2014, 09:20 AM
All pretty sound advice here except for the ones saying "sell everything off". Even if it gets robbed it's still income you wouldn't of otherwise had.

Best advice, collect on time- has been said.

I think everyone has trouble with their 18hr & 20hr builds. The best thing you can do with those is, leave them robbed until late at night, as late as you can. So, as an example lets say we leave our 20 & 18hr buildings left uncollected until midnight.

The following day your collection times will be 8pm & 6pm (should be manageable). Then the next day will be 4pm & noon (can be tough with work). At this point your 20hr build will be at noon & the 18hr will be back at 6am.

The 20hr should be good for another day. The 18hr builds might need to be run through the cycle again though.

That's been my technique to increasing income with minimal robberies. Hope it helps.

This is exactly right...

Same things can be done for the smaller payouts cycles too...if they are robbed start them at the time when you could get the most collections....

11hrs - I start them are noon, collect at 11pm, 10am, 9pm, 8am, 7pm, then robbed, start again.
13hrs - I start at 7am, collect 8pm, 9am, 10pm, 11am, midnight, 1pm, robbed, start again.
8 hrs - If robbed in the evening, don't collect until you go to bed, so they don't get robbed again overnight
6 hrs - Same as 8 hrs, even if you sleep more then 6 hrs, you reduce the time they are up for robbing

26hrs - start first thing in the morning and then collect every 26 hrs until robbed overnight,

I think that's all the non 24/48 collection times that matter

dribblin todger
03-20-2014, 10:52 AM
How about a "Stamina Smasher"?.. we are all aware the CC daily scratchys are an insult, so how about the overhaul that is supposedly being planned to include items such as a "Stamina Smasher"

1) win one on a scratchy
2) its a one time use (but please do not make it so rare that it is as hard to get as getting 6 of the same on the present scratchy), so can only be assigned to 1 building.
3) Assigned building gets robbed, BOOOOOOOM! all the robbers stamina is drained.

or "Drain Energy" anything like that, inflicts massive xp growth for 24 hours, empties all the robbers unbanked cash into the victims bank, there are endless things that could be done, comon Gree get your thinking caps on, its not about stopping robbing its about making it more fun for both parties

ghetto69143
03-20-2014, 01:40 PM

When you get robbed, Don't be so quick to collect the building!! change your collection time. I go on robbing sprees and get robbed constantly! you will live and its only a game.

Mr.Shh...
03-20-2014, 02:05 PM

Yes sell all of your cash buildings and put up def buildings....i hear they are more difficult to rob

bdub
03-20-2014, 02:16 PM
lol....just collect on time. set timers to do so. thats the best advice. Also recommend you not attack the person who robbed you as soon as you discover it because they just set their timer for your collection at that moment.

CCKallDAY
03-20-2014, 02:23 PM
Another problem is, if I do change my name to 'Alex', will my screen on all previous posts be changed as well? Suppose my name is Gree and I posted a message on the robbers' walls. If I change my name to Alex, will the robbers still see "Gree' or "Alex" or their walls?They would see GREE.

Jclew
03-20-2014, 03:18 PM
To actually answer the OPs question, the only two ways to avoid getting robbed are collect on time, or have no money buildings... Period.

bdub
03-20-2014, 03:27 PM
get the night clubs when you can, otherwise who cares

<3 Hz
03-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Don't collect for weeks after everything is robbed. Then just sit back with some popcorn and watch the hate mail roll in on your wall.

Lil_Eugenie
03-20-2014, 05:41 PM
You can go to your mafia and delete all but 2 people of 500... that'll show em!

Niccy
03-21-2014, 05:36 AM

That's ridiculous . Get a life mate

Death Adder
03-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Madness, If you can't collect let someone else do it.

Max Power
03-21-2014, 07:36 AM
I don't mind getting robbed, but my only peeve in this game is when somebody camps on you. I am actually relieved when I look at my wall in the morning and I am robbed by random people rather than a single stalker.

There are a number of ways to deal with it, the most obvious is to set up your income sources in a manner where you can collect them consistently. Your schedule and level of determination are key to that strategy. One thing I have done is just stopped collecting my buildings and only go after my stalkers. After a while some go away. Other strategies as mentioned is alter your collection schedule, get timers, ditch building you can't collect, etc. Changing mob count doesn't work anymore.

Finally, I think the most important element after collecting on time? Care a little less. It works wonders.

sister morphine
03-21-2014, 08:01 AM
... I think the most important element after collecting on time? Care a little less. It works wonders.
True. Not looking at the news feed also.

PUN1SH3R
03-21-2014, 01:24 PM

Well said. It's funny when I rob someone and they talk smack on my comments. You didn't collect and it paid well, so if it wasn't me then someone else would have robbed you. I get robbed all the time. I used to care. Now I just make sure I rob more money from others than I lose. When i bank a $50,000,000 robbery day, do I really care that someone robbed me for $6,000,000? Not at all. Either collect on time, or get robbed. Plain and simple. I suppose you could sell all your buildings, then you'll never get robbed!