PDA

View Full Version : Good change bad change?

MojoJojo
03-19-2014, 06:03 PM
So we all know this favors old school players more. Just wanted to know how everyone stands on this new dynamic.
Are you for it ore against it.

Badvock
03-19-2014, 06:10 PM
So we all know this favors old school players more. Just wanted to know how everyone stands on this new dynamic.

Its a good change but i cant help think of all that wasted gold on chasing those 40-60k event prises when you can now just buy equivalent units.

I C STUFF
03-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Its a good change but i cant help think of all that wasted gold on chasing those 40-60k event prises when you can now just buy equivalent units.

You've only seen act 1. This is a 5 act play. Hold on, it'll only get better for THEM. But, YOU have options, too.
When your dog isn't in the fight, you just don't care.

MojoJojo
03-19-2014, 06:16 PM

That is exactly why I stopped spending gold. Back when the 2 LE units came out and I bought 150 of them. Are now utterly useless. When I saw them slowly going up in stats, I just stopped buying. Wait 7 months and you will see a 2mil stat unit as a prize.

andy2
03-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Its overall a good change (on the surface so far - you never know what they have up their sleeve to make it more pathetic/expensive/bugged). My only issue is how they implemented it, essentially changing the entire dynamics of the game on a whim with little to no notice. If this was the game from the start would it have been a better game? probably. If they had announced this would happen a month or two ago and given everyone advanced notice of a major game mechanics overhaul would this go smoother? probably.

iamnasty
03-19-2014, 06:36 PM
if Gree is unable to reply and answer all the tickets submitted, and these so called new changes will create more tickets !!! Gree needed to sort out their so called SUPPORT, if there is any !!! before creating more issue(s) !!!
FYI, my ticket with a simple solution but yet already 1 month old and NO REPLY.............SHAME ON YOU, GREE !!!

Mastert55!
03-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Well I just bought 240 units with my 9.6 mil valor saved up and my stats jumped 21million. HOLY **** now I feel it is completely unnecessary to complete these LTQ which cost 2 vaults for a 80k prize unit, sometimes less. OR I can just spend the rest of the valor that the Faction LTQ gave out like crazy. LMFAO

clown
03-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Undecided if this is good or bad...
We are either witnessing a rebirth or the death throws of this game

Oceanz
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Undecided if this is good or bad...
We are either witnessing a rebirth or the death throws of this game

pretty much my thoughts

Pidgeot
03-19-2014, 10:07 PM
This is a step in the right direction and one of the biggest changes I saw in 2 years. I like the fact that players are rewarded for having huge IPH and put in the work for the buildings. I also like that players can buy powerful units, making casualty rates relevant for newer and free to lite gold players.

On gripe I do have right now is the 1 building upgrade and build limit. This needs to be raised to 2 or 3 by default, without boost because its hard to play in events upgrading or building one at a time.

MojoJojo
03-19-2014, 10:30 PM
This is a step in the right direction and one of the biggest changes I saw in 2 years. I like the fact that players are rewarded for having huge IPH and put in the work for the buildings. I also like that players can buy powerful units, making casualty rates relevant for newer and free to lite gold players.

On gripe I do have right now is the 1 building upgrade and build limit. This needs to be raised to 2 or 3 by default, without boost because its hard to play in events upgrading or building one at a time.

I'm with you on that.

As far as upgrade 1 building, gree will most likely be putting out a unit next wd war to upgrade more than one building. You'll have to wait until the next war cycle but I'm 95% sure it's coming soon. A big iph building will also be out fairly soon so players don't get too frustrated. Bows the time to focus on your iph so you don't get left behind.

Pidgeot
03-19-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm with you on that.

As far as upgrade 1 building, gree will most likely be putting out a unit next wd war to upgrade more than one building. You'll have to wait until the next war cycle but I'm 95% sure it's coming soon. A big iph building will also be out fairly soon so players don't get too frustrated. Bows the time to focus on your iph so you don't get left behind.

Yeah but I've been playing for to months so its hard to figure out what to build and upgrade. I though camping and building my IPH would work but I just got ran over by people my level with millions of attack, so I skipped building unit ad boost building so now I'm trying to figure out what smart way to go about this. I just need a edge here.

lemonhaze
03-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Yeah but I've been playing for to months so its hard to figure out what to build and upgrade. I though camping and building my IPH would work but I just got ran over by people my level with millions of attack, so I skipped building unit ad boost building so now I'm trying to figure out what smart way to go about this. I just need a edge here. use the section of ur profile screen wit the most % mine is air so im buying more air units and u will want to build the advanced airbase and the airfeild and take it to 10 b4 u do anything else..now if u got ground as ur flag and ur stronger by all means go wit that...but the best valor units are in air and sea..gl bud

johnnybravoo77
03-20-2014, 06:48 AM
I hate sweet pickles...........

Agent Orange
03-20-2014, 07:17 AM

Good change, the game was too skewed to new players. Since everyone starts on the same page other than having saved up a load of valour it is a benefit to all.

The high level whales won't really be affected but those in the lower levels will have the most fun with a new strategy. Guess we'll see how this affects WD.

Agent Orange
03-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Btw a very wise player told us many moons ago that we should max out our unit buildings.... Thanks Devin!

Agent Orange
03-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Yes the 1 building upgrade limit needs an overhaul. Might I suggest a 1 year player reward of a unit that provides 2 building upgrades.....

elangomatt
03-20-2014, 08:08 AM
Yes the 1 building upgrade limit needs an overhaul. Might I suggest a 1 year player reward of a unit that provides 2 building upgrades.....

Maybe a good option would be to allow 1 money building and 1 non-money building to be upgraded at the same time. This would hopefully keep the people who've already bought themselves a build 2 (or more) buildings at once unit be somewhat satisfied but at the same time allow the average player to work on their unit buildings. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of it being a 1 year or maybe 6 month veteran award as well.

Kennetth
03-20-2014, 08:10 AM
I'm with you on that.

I hope you're right, but I think the 15% the reduction to build time we're seeing this WD is the response to getting more upgrades. I like AO's idea that people with a year in get a anniversary bonus (I'm six weeks short right now).
Increasing the awards for achieving PvP rank may discourage camping as well.

Arc Burn
03-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Great in theory. Inflation is a necessary evil, though it does seem a bit out of hand. Probably best for the game though I will be bitter since it will be a while before I can buy top units. But I wont complain my time will come. Will just have to lick my wounds until then haha. I went from decently strong for my level to mediocre over night. Gonna have to set timers on those buildings again instead of 'some time this afternoon'

Kimm
03-20-2014, 10:57 AM
I agree on it being overdue. However they should have made these changes over time, and not just BAM here are millions of stats for the grabbing which people have spend gold For to achieve. Not sure how it plays out yet. We will know in a few weeks, it will either make me enjoy game more, or finally be done with the gree madness and retire. Stopped upgrading the ltb, cause without a boost the level 10 prize isn't even worth it, and for Iph.. well.. we all know the answer to that..

wwwjason
03-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Good change for guys who have been around for awhile and were sitting on a bunch of valor, bad thing, guys that used the energy/glitch, whatever thing also have a stockpile of valor

MaverickINsc
03-20-2014, 11:50 AM

I agree with most of your theories.....however for this one I say unlock the 2 upgrade bonus at general or special op rank.......if you want to camp or park your mini in a hard working faction and coast then you coast at a much slower speed than the guys out there slugging away in the trenches.......just a thought.

Sportsgrunt
03-20-2014, 11:54 AM
This is another reason I don't buy gold. This and the hackers !!!!!!!!

Agent Orange
03-20-2014, 03:59 PM
I agree with most of your theories.....however for this one I say unlock the 2 upgrade bonus at general or special op rank.......if you want to camp or park your mini in a hard working faction and coast then you coast at a much slower speed than the guys out there slugging away in the trenches.......just a thought.

That would equally well!

Digger666
03-20-2014, 05:12 PM
I think it's ridiculous, another disadvantage for new players. Seems like gree only want old school players spending and it Looks like the a desperate attempt to stop the big spenders leaving. Turning new players away, trying to get old players to spend again seems desperate. Where will this game be in 12 months?

Agent Orange
03-20-2014, 05:24 PM
I think it's ridiculous, another disadvantage for new players. Seems like gree only want old school players spending and it Looks like the a desperate attempt to stop the big spenders leaving. Turning new players away, trying to get old players to spend again seems desperate. Where will this game be in 12 months?

Well first off a lot of old players have set up new accounts myself included because it was more fun playing as a new player and to take advantage of certain features in the game. This new change doesn't really cause much of a change other then I could most likely really bulk up a new account even faster.

A brand spanking new player won't know what's going on unless they sift through the forum to glean some useful information or luck into a faction that can get them up to speed. So frankly I cannot see this as being any real disadvantage unless they are getting picked off by the numerous old timers with new players in which case you would want these guys to have that advantage taken away... Granted with the changes it makes starting another new player more interesting.... Might have to unwrap one of the spare iPods now....

Digger666
03-20-2014, 09:52 PM
"Well first off a lot of old players have set up new accounts myself included because it was more fun playing as a new player and to take advantage of certain features in the game. This new change doesn't really cause much of a change other then I could most likely really bulk up a new account even faster. "

Doesn't affect much? You serious dude lol. New players have no valour or iPh! IPh alone takes months to build, and valour is mostly obtainable through ltq which a new player needs high lvl unit buildings to complete, along with loads of $$ to purchase units. The current stat increases have sky rocketed players stats. Even the le units you buy for gold are ridiculously low. There's is now no way a new player can compete in a top 50/100 faction, even with a tonne of gold.

Kanoli
03-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Due to the minimization of rank units, I'm against this change, for the sole reason that it further decreases the benefits of leveling and ranking up, it feels like more punishment for actually playing the game

DFI
03-20-2014, 10:28 PM
This has no impact on the game, especially for those who have been around for at least 9 months - which is when the big valor LTQs started. If so, you should have anywhere btwn 8-19 million valor saved up. Other than the rank units, everyone will be able to eventually buy the high valor units once their buildings are ready. So I see it more as a timing thing for most, and give it 2 months, everyone will be slotted back to where they were before the change. Why? Only thing that matters is the amount of boost you have. All other stuff being equal (ie: units), it's the boost that matters. So I'll spend a month upgrading my unit building, and during that time, sure some guys will leap frog me and raid me back, but give me a month and I'll be back where I used to be and those guys who raided me won't be able to touch me. So some short term chaos followed by everyone returning to where they used to be. At some point gree will need to eliminate some zeros.

Kanoli
03-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Unless of course you already spent that valor on rank units that are now obsolete due to this change

Digger666
03-20-2014, 10:49 PM
This has no impact on the game, especially for those who have been around for at least 9 months - which is when the big valor LTQs started. If so, you should have anywhere btwn 8-19 million valor saved up. Other than the rank units, everyone will be able to eventually buy the high valor units once their buildings are ready. So I see it more as a timing thing for most, and give it 2 months, everyone will be slotted back to where they were before the change. Why? Only thing that matters is the amount of boost you have. All other stuff being equal (ie: units), it's the boost that matters. So I'll spend a month upgrading my unit building, and during that time, sure some guys will leap frog me and raid me back, but give me a month and I'll be back where I used to be and those guys who raided me won't be able to touch me. So some short term chaos followed by everyone returning to where they used to be. At some point gree will need to eliminate some zeros.

No impact on the game lol. Buying gold was the major factor in how well you grew, now it's changed to what I believe is mostly iPh. No matter how much gold I use in events a player with a big iPh could easily out do my stats. Also Look at the le buildings coming out, what a joke, no chance of new players upgrading iPh to levels old school players have. IPh alone now changes the game. I wonder if you will have the same opinion after this WD event...

Digger666
03-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Limited edition units, damn I've spent a few vaults trying to get my stats up on those so I could join top 10/25 teams. On average 1 vault would be worth 15-20k increase. Now 1 valour unit is better than $100 of my hard earned money.. No change aye lol..

Also would like to add that players are also able to take other players "indestructible" units when attacking. I have seen this personally and it's not just a stat unit but units with boosts. This is going from bad to worse in my opinion. Doubt I will spend this war if someone can take something that I've worked hard for..

DFI
03-21-2014, 03:02 AM
No impact on the game lol. Buying gold was the major factor in how well you grew, now it's changed to what I believe is mostly iPh. No matter how much gold I use in events a player with a big iPh could easily out do my stats. Also Look at the le buildings coming out, what a joke, no chance of new players upgrading iPh to levels old school players have. IPh alone now changes the game. I wonder if you will have the same opinion after this WD event...

Depends on what you spent that gold on. Sorry to say, but buying LE sets is the worst way to spend your gold. Only use gold to acquire good boosts. That's why IF, and that's a big IF, you spend gold, make sure you maximize it and be part of a top 10 team and participate in events that offer good boosts. Sorry, but even with a high IPH, you can't buy boosts. You got to earn them, ahem buy them, by using gold. The majority of my teammates are less than 20mm IPH, and if we used our valor and cash could be 200-400mm stat players in 5 min. But we have chosen not do so and see how all this stat inflation plays out. So like I said, our team and many more will stay where they are. The major changes will happen below top 50. I see top 50-250 being a complete blur. That's where the action will be and should be really fun.

Digger666
03-21-2014, 03:47 AM
It's not about boosts now though, a good top 10 finish will net you a few million in stats, but buying a load of cash/valour units will boost you tens of millions in stats... As you said, if you use your cash and valour your stats could be in the 200-300mill range (which a lot of factions/players have already done)this far out weighs anything you can do in game with gold, boosts or no boosts. But let's see what this WD event brings, I'm really hoping this is for the better of the game, but i get the feeling it's making it harder for us newer players (6months I've been here) it's driving people to quit and making people spend less, surely that's a sign that alls not to well..

Lift Ticket
03-21-2014, 09:04 AM

great idea AO, can't begin to describe how much I'm jealous of those with the Fusion APC

Web323
03-21-2014, 09:21 AM
great idea AO, can't begin to describe how much I'm jealous of those with the Fusion APC

I missed the Fusion APC by 1 open. After 2 years of playing and still no upgrade two at once :(