PDA

View Full Version : Why did I bother

RetiredAndHappy
03-19-2014, 02:33 PM
So.. in the past I spent a fortune in this game.. got my stats to 38m... The new units come out and people 5 mil behind me are now 10mil ahead of me.... no gold required

What was the point???????

Hatethepackers
03-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Well valor has really never been worth anything before you should have a **** tone of it at 38 million stats .

CJ54
03-19-2014, 02:37 PM
So.. in the past I spent a fortune in this game.. got my stats to 38m... The new units come out and people 5 mil behind me are now 10mil ahead of me.... no gold required

FA (the new feature coming out) is going to pretty drastically change things. Anyone with a stock of old units on hand is going to have an advantage in that. It is also likely going to change the balance quite a bit.

EDIT: There is probably going to be some craziness short-term, though.

CDR Shepard
03-19-2014, 02:37 PM
The new cash/valor units are rediculous. Some have over a bil stats now. This game is in toilet...

Waiting
03-19-2014, 02:41 PM
I like it, it's gonna be fun

JerseyGirl
03-19-2014, 02:45 PM
You got a lot of bonuses along with 38mil stats, and you should buy units and jump 20mil ahead of em

RetiredAndHappy
03-19-2014, 02:48 PM
So my mini that is level 60 and 7m attack was pretty good, but was a camper and only has level 3 buildings. . I was focusing on boosts, is now screwed. . Might as well dump that account.

Debating whether to fully quit now.. My gold built HLP can be destroyed by gold free accounts...

Think this may be my last WD

RetiredAndHappy
03-19-2014, 02:49 PM
You got a lot of bonuses along with 38mil stats, and you should buy units and jump 20mil ahead of em

Dont have the buildings or rank to do it... cash and valour units have been pointless until now... It will take months to upgrade the buildings

RetiredAndHappy
03-19-2014, 02:56 PM
FA (the new feature coming out) is going to pretty drastically change things. Anyone with a stock of old units on hand is going to have an advantage in that. It is also likely going to change the balance quite a bit.

I tested the beta...

Anyone with old units have no advantage whatsoever. .
One can buy hundreds of units that are better than our old units now

Web323
03-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Dont have the buildings or rank to do it... cash and valour units have been pointless until now... It will take months to upgrade the buildings

5 day upgrades for level 10 unit buildings even with 30% reduction

CJ54
03-19-2014, 02:59 PM
I tested the beta...

Anyone with old units have no advantage whatsoever. .
One can buy hundreds of units that are better than our old units now

How long is that going to last for most players after the initial cash and valor most people have been sitting on has run out, though? Frankly with having to make this change early, we were worried we were going to see people blow all their cash on the units to start with and then lose them all in this WD to casualties (which may still happen).

Sheldor Sir
03-19-2014, 03:21 PM
I knew the pain of upgrading would eventually be worth it :-)

tayyib
03-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Well f u c k it, been spending gold from long now everyone who was behind u 10m in stats can raid and attack you. Well done. My last WD then am out of this s h I t.

sstuutss
03-19-2014, 03:51 PM
How long is that going to last for most players after the initial cash and valor most people have been sitting on has run out, though? Frankly with having to make this change early, we were worried we were going to see people blow all their cash on the units to start with and then lose them all in this WD to casualties (which may still happen).

Quite some time would be my guess. A new $15mill unit would(it seems) beat $6bill worth of old units. thats even assuming someone wanted to waste the gold bringing 200+ ol units to war in one battle.
When I can buy units as needed for full assult there is no need to take them into WD.

Speed ump
Um yeah, what cj said.

NaRciS
Crazy Crazy crazy, I not knowing spent a large portion on my valour 2 weeks ago, a buddy didn't we were battling with stats against each other having fun, some weeks I was in the lead some he took it back - we have both played around a year and had approx 15 million stats...

Today, as I wasted a lot of my valour on 100/ 80 units which are now worthless - he has moved slightly ahead of me in stats by a little over 20 million on top of my figures....

go figure

RetiredAndHappy
03-19-2014, 03:55 PM
I've already been hit by it.. People with high IPHs that I raid have jumped 5-30 mil in stats.. so now it sill be harder for me to even raid for cash... This is an utter joke. . Spend a bomb in gold in the past and watch it gst burned

Will post my building status ina few mins

RetiredAndHappy
03-19-2014, 04:03 PM
IPH 8.9 mil
L231 37m/40m (now that I spent my cash.. not much to spent as i donated most earlier)

Barrack L10
Elite Traing... L5

War Factory L10
Robotics Facility L4 (currently upgrading 35hours left)

Air field L10
Advanced Airbase L3

Shipyard L8
Dry Docks L3

Current cash 96m
Current Valor 15.9m

So... how far behind am I now and how long would it take to become competitive again?

Lacosta
03-19-2014, 04:11 PM
stop crying.

RetiredAndHappy
03-19-2014, 04:14 PM
stop crying.

You spend over $1000 every month and watch it get pissed away instantly..

Sgt Sticks
03-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Crazy Crazy crazy, I not knowing spent a large portion on my valour 2 weeks ago, a buddy didn't we were battling with stats against each other having fun, some weeks I was in the lead some he took it back - we have both played around a year and had approx 15 million stats...

Today, as I wasted a lot of my valour on 100/ 80 units which are now worthless - he has moved slightly ahead of me in stats by a little over 20 million on top of my figures....

go figure

It would be nice to be able to sell back my 1400 experimental soldiers and buy the better units. I am on the cusp of becoming Special Ops, but what is the point? Will the rewards for ranking up be improved?

BlackSheep
03-19-2014, 04:36 PM
They could have at least waited until after the WD event to unleash this bull$hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJ54
03-19-2014, 04:36 PM
It would be nice to be able to sell back my 1400 experimental soldiers and buy the better units. I am on the cusp of becoming Special Ops, but what is the point? Will the rewards for ranking up be improved?

Yes, new ranking units are coming soon (shooting for next week). We couldn't get them into this data push.

Evil Mastermind
03-19-2014, 04:42 PM
All I can say is that I am glad I was a camper...upgraded unit buildings, stopped buying gold before WD started, and built good IPH.

MojoJojo
03-19-2014, 05:04 PM
I've already been hit by it.. People with high IPHs that I raid have jumped 5-30 mil in stats.. so now it sill be harder for me to even raid for cash... This is an utter joke. . Spend a bomb in gold in the past and watch it gst burned

Will post my building status ina few mins

Honestly I've built up a good iph. Around 100 mil an hour. I have been getting raided by players like you for a while now. It sucked because I worked hard for my iph and others were benefiting from it. Now the tables are turned. I will be visiting all of the low iph high stat players for a little payback.
Muahahaha.

I C STUFF
03-19-2014, 05:13 PM

Relax, you're retired and happy, right?
Let them have their fun.
Another shoe, REALITY. Will be dropping soon.

Remember, after you've been whacked, you can't be pestered for hours.
Besides, leave stuff down, as in broken, it can't be attacked until you've SWIPED the damage.
Or, ignore it all, somethings aren't all that important.

Socks
03-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Except some factions don't plan on playing, so we aren't losing any units.

Socks
03-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Well * * * * it, been spending gold from long now everyone who was behind u 10m in stats can raid and attack you. Well done. My last WD then am out of this * * * * .

A blatant TOS violation, and they aren't banned. I got banned for supporting a mod.

Rifreakindiculous.

iamnasty
03-19-2014, 06:39 PM

CJ, did Gree sort out your so called SUPPORT and clear all the tickets ASAP before creating another issue !!!

General Luke
03-19-2014, 07:22 PM

You got enjoyment out of that cash. I am sure you have raided and bullied quite a few during that time. The rest of us took those punches, built up our unit buildings and IPH...and now it is payback. It's a game...you dished it out, now be a good sportsman and take your hits.

lemonhaze
03-19-2014, 07:25 PM

the point was to milk ya like it did the rest of us to

MojoJojo
03-19-2014, 07:25 PM
You got enjoyment out of that cash. I am sure you have raided and bullied quite a few during that time. The rest of us took those punches, built up our unit buildings and IPH...and now it is payback. It's a game...you dished it out, now be a good sportsman and take your hits.

+++++++1
Payback time indeed.

lemonhaze
03-19-2014, 07:27 PM
So my mini that is level 60 and 7m attack was pretty good, but was a camper and only has level 3 buildings. . I was focusing on boosts, is now screwed. . Might as well dump that account.

Debating whether to fully quit now.. My gold built HLP can be destroyed by gold free accounts...

Think this may be my last WD u know gree dont like campers..they will be a extinct species..gree said a month or 2 back they was gonna be changeing units and make cash and valor more useful shoulda dumped it then

lemonhaze
03-19-2014, 07:31 PM
i doubt i will run out of units to buy lol thx for the change..now if u all just make us some useful LES that will actaully up the IPH of players instead of junk we will be able to buy more and better units..how about something close to the artic mining rig and the anniversary center..

What?
03-19-2014, 07:39 PM
You can just buy units too you know. It's not like these units aren't available for everyone. I too have spent a long time building my IPH. At first I was buying stealth bombers and aircraft carriers. I accumulated many of those. Then gree added more units and I spent my money on ballistic missile subs and bought 700+ of them until they stopped adding stats and I stopped. For months now I've been going through the motions upgrading buildings and donating what was left to my faction, but I had nothing to buy. Well today that changed. Now I can finally buy something. I could be complaining I spent 15 million on subs for 90 attack when today the same price will get you 28,000, but I won't. This game has seen many many changes since I started, and these cash and valor units were the next logical step when event units and gold units have seen a 1000x increase since the game started. There are event units out now where one single solitary unit is the equivalent of 1000 gold units at a cost of 950 gold per two years ago. In those two years cash units changed once where a few extra units were added. During that time how many limited edition units, events, scratchers, daily units, and everything else was added?

iamnasty
03-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Relax, you're retired and happy, right?
Let them have their fun.
Another shoe, REALITY. Will be dropping soon.

Remember, after you've been whacked, you can't be pestered for hours.
Besides, leave stuff down, as in broken, it can't be attacked until you've SWIPED the damage.
Or, ignore it all, somethings aren't all that important.

+++++1.............moo :D

DFI
03-19-2014, 07:59 PM
People are too worried. You can buy the same cash or valor units as me, but your boost levels will be different. If you have been playing top 3, 10, 25, etc., you will have built up boosts that will be hard to overcome. So the sky is not falling. Everyone will move up in stats, but due to the boosts, the pecking order will not change at the top. We can end up with the same 3000 units. But stats will be 2-4 times different. So if you play top 25, the change just solidified your placement and you are stuck. For those playing at the lower levels, have a lot of fun because depending on your IPH and valor count, you could make huge waves. I say this bc those at the lower levels won't have that many boosts, so the playing field there just got more even.

lemonhaze
03-19-2014, 08:35 PM
You can just buy units too you know. It's not like these units aren't available for everyone. I too have spent a long time building my IPH. At first I was buying stealth bombers and aircraft carriers. I accumulated many of those. Then gree added more units and I spent my money on ballistic missile subs and bought 700+ of them until they stopped adding stats and I stopped. For months now I've been going through the motions upgrading buildings and donating what was left to my faction, but I had nothing to buy. Well today that changed. Now I can finally buy something. I could be complaining I spent 15 million on subs for 90 attack when today the same price will get you 28,000, but I won't. This game has seen many many changes since I started, and these cash and valor units were the next logical step when event units and gold units have seen a 1000x increase since the game started. There are event units out now where one single solitary unit is the equivalent of 1000 gold units at a cost of 950 gold per two years ago. In those two years cash units changed once where a few extra units were added. During that time how many limited edition units, events, scratchers, daily units, and everything else was added?
100% agree..preach brother preach..i did the same with exactly what u did..i got 500 of all those units..now is a good time for us to upgrade the infirmary and get those faction casualty bonus maxed out i suppose

spencecm
03-19-2014, 09:28 PM
CJ u keep saying this new event u can trade in your old useless units on this new event. but the fact is alot of people spent valor on these old units and others did not so the people that did not will now have a unfair advantage at least offer the ability to trade in old units for valor so we can upgrade to the newest. if something isnt done i am picturing a giant increase in complaints and retires including me make it right!! and fyi my acct i had saved all my valor but my little brother did not so i am speaking from both sides of the line

lemonhaze
03-19-2014, 09:55 PM
CJ u keep saying this new event u can trade in your old useless units on this new event. but the fact is alot of people spent valor on these old units and others did not so the people that did not will now have a unfair advantage at least offer the ability to trade in old units for valor so we can upgrade to the newest. if something isnt done i am picturing a giant increase in complaints and retires including me make it right!! and fyi my acct i had saved all my valor but my little brother did not so i am speaking from both sides of the line
so becasue we choose to use our brain and not buy the BS valor units u are saying we will have a unfair advantage??? hahah dude u have something serious wrong with ur reasoning skills to beleive that..dont hate bc ur bro used up some valor on old units that didnt do nothing and the strategic players sit back and saved..that sounds like a personal problem not a gree problem

spencecm
03-19-2014, 10:40 PM
alot of people did it was called ranking up for higher valor units and purchasing 2500 of them it would in fact increase ur stats slightly. its unfair in the fact that units havent changed in over a year and now less than two days before a wd and shorlty before the new event they do with no notice. on several other forums there were several comments made by gree developers that there were no changes planned for valor points and now they suddenly are. lemon pls explain how having the option to trade in older units for valor is irrational.

Badvock
03-19-2014, 10:54 PM
alot of people did it was called ranking up for higher valor units and purchasing 2500 of them it would in fact increase ur stats slightly. its unfair in the fact that units havent changed in over a year and now less than two days before a wd and shorlty before the new event they do with no notice. on several other forums there were several comments made by gree developers that there were no changes planned for valor points and now they suddenly are. lemon pls explain how having the option to trade in older units for valor is irrational.

No notice? have you not been reading the forum. They have been stating this change for a while now.

2000y2k
03-19-2014, 11:02 PM

Why should or would Gree allow anyone to trade in valor units for the valor they used to buy the new units? Makes no sense. You got the benefit of using the units you purchased just as I did and anyone else that chose to buy valor units even if the new units put the old ones to shame. Save your cash and valor and buy them when you can. It's all part of a game.

spencecm
03-19-2014, 11:08 PM
just searched through every post about valor over the last month about valor and all i see is either no response or moderator stating that they r looking into a new event to burn extra valor no mention of overly inflated valor units being released

spencecm
03-19-2014, 11:15 PM
some people including myself purchased valor units in order to play new event on beta or prepare for the upcoming event that has been announced the fact is some people including myself have doubled tripled or quadrupled their stats in a period of less than 6 hours while others have barely bumped. if the units stats were not so overly inflated i would agree with u but these changes make way to significant of an impact just to b overlooked.

Big she'd
03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Yep it's a raid fest out there , everyone trying out there new stats lol

lemonhaze
03-19-2014, 11:32 PM
just searched through every post about valor over the last month about valor and all i see is either no response or moderator stating that they r looking into a new event to burn extra valor no mention of overly inflated valor units being released

im on this forum ever day and its been on here for a few months talking about this..it might not be the thread title but i can assure u its been spoke about many times

lemonhaze
03-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Yep it's a raid fest out there , everyone trying out there new stats lol

yes it is..all i know is pl best collect on time lol..on a side not i jsut had a 71m iph guy attack me and lose and now hes in my feed..i will check his base ever 5 mins till i get something..those juicy builds he has are all on 10 to

2000y2k
03-20-2014, 12:04 AM

Try the we are having a meeting this week thread or the we are looking for suggestions thread.

They did not come out and say hey were are going to have valor units with xxxx stats for xxx valor and xxx cash but they did agree that valor and cash units need addressed. So logically you should have started saving valor and build up your IPH.

SpikeyKit
03-20-2014, 06:19 AM
As for regarding the huge stat inflation i see alot of people losing alot in the frontal assult. We will see

MaverickINsc
03-20-2014, 06:43 AM

really?.......ok I will help....take 300 of your thousand and upgrade your highest unit type attack bonus...
example mine was infantry at 91%......you need at least a level 6 advanced unit building to buy the 10k + units....pick one type of unit that gives you the most attack.......pay if you have no patience......get your units......work on the others as you can.....resume your normal play....

I had my infantry at 6 (advanced building)....other will take time.....just part of the game....luckily all my basic unit buildings were at 10.....youll be up and crushing people in no time

Agent Orange
03-20-2014, 07:23 AM

Think this may be my last WD

Camping in a war game was NEVER a smart strategy. We always had events that required units from higher level buildings. If you chose to ingore these things that is YOUR problem.

Gen CheeBye
03-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Honestly I've built up a good iph. Around 100 mil an hour. I have been getting raided by players like you for a while now. It sucked because I worked hard for my iph and others were benefiting from it. Now the tables are turned. I will be visiting all of the low iph high stat players for a little payback.
Muahahaha.

Aren't you glad that you stuck around instead of nuking your base like so many old timers did?

Have fun with those paybacks. ;)

Gen CheeBye
03-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Camping in a war game was NEVER a smart strategy. We always had events that required units from higher level buildings. If you chose to ingore these things that is YOUR problem.

At one point of time, I'd have to say the advantage was with campers.

Gree really knows how to choose a bad time to turn the tables around.

Agent Orange
03-20-2014, 08:54 AM
At one point of time, I'd have to say the advantage was with campers.

Gree really knows how to choose a bad time to turn the tables around.

I don't think so, thinking back to guys like Draino who were and probably still aren't that competative. Valour is still more valuable and that comes from playing/attacking but also means levelling up.

Gen CheeBye
03-20-2014, 09:06 AM
I don't think so, thinking back to guys like Draino who were and probably still aren't that competative. Valour is still more valuable and that comes from playing/attacking but also means levelling up.

LLP with high stats were good in streak factions...scored crazy points in WD but of course gree has now changed all that.

Imho, campers with big IPH would still stand to gain. It's intriguing to watch how all these changes will pan out in the coming weeks.

I have been fond of FvF and PvP, LTQ as well as WD events therefore having kept all those valors have paid off.

Now I'm just worried how the next raid boss and epic boss events will be affected by all these crazy stats inflation.

Archer59
03-20-2014, 12:35 PM
IPH 8.9 mil
L231 37m/40m (now that I spent my cash.. not much to spent as i donated most earlier)

Barrack L10
Elite Traing... L5

War Factory L10
Robotics Facility L4 (currently upgrading 35hours left)

Air field L10
Advanced Airbase L3

Shipyard L8
Dry Docks L3

Current cash 96m
Current Valor 15.9m

So... how far behind am I now and how long would it take to become competitive again?I don't see it....you've got twice my IPH, 3x my valor and your A/D are 5x higher. So you have to be patient a bit....upgrade and take a break while doing it. As far as being raided, it sounds like the shoes on the other foot now. Welcome to the world of all of those players who get farmed on a daily basis. If you don't like it, spend the play $ and your valor when the new units come out and boost your stats. Seems simple enough to me.

Agent Orange
03-20-2014, 03:55 PM
LLP with high stats were good in streak factions...scored crazy points in WD but of course gree has now changed all that.

Imho, campers with big IPH would still stand to gain. It's intriguing to watch how all these changes will pan out in the coming weeks.

I have been fond of FvF and PvP, LTQ as well as WD events therefore having kept all those valors have paid off.

Now I'm just worried how the next raid boss and epic boss events will be affected by all these crazy stats inflation.

One thing that I think CJ mentioned was an adjustment in loss rates and something about those cash units being subject to heavy losses whereas the valour units are all indestructible. Also something about the Infirmary, though if we stay capped at 3000 max units my guess is the whales and pseudo whales will still have all indestructible armies.

But yes will be interesting.

CJ54
03-20-2014, 04:15 PM
One thing that I think CJ mentioned was an adjustment in loss rates and something about those cash units being subject to heavy losses whereas the valour units are all indestructible. Also something about the Infirmary, though if we stay capped at 3000 max units my guess is the whales and pseudo whales will still have all indestructible armies.

But yes will be interesting.

Loss rates will remain what loss rates are, but if you roll in with half your used army made up of destructible units, you will end up seeing attrition of those units regardless of the unit's casualty rate (because that is the only thing people can lose, out of their army). It'll be similar to the time a little over a year ago where lots of people had half-or-mostly indestructible armies and the rest made up of Orbital Hammers or Transport Raiders. The infirmary/casualty reduction will still be helpful in that circumstance.

We may raise the unit cap or otherwise adjust things, but we want to see how things play out first with the existing/upcoming changes.

EDIT: Honestly any extrapolations of what might occur (my own opinion above certainly included) is a bit premature at the moment.

Generik79
03-20-2014, 04:26 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. Whereas the event is a spend for all as per usual the same teams will take the best units. Either that, of it's a giveaway and everyone will take all the units...either way I don't really see what could be a "game changer" or upset the balance...which was already upset. However, I will wait and see. Be prepared for my post mortem.

Gen CheeBye
03-20-2014, 05:15 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Whereas the event is a spend for all as per usual the same teams will take the best units. Either that, of it's a giveaway and everyone will take all the units...either way I don't really see what could be a "game changer" or upset the balance...which was already upset. However, I will wait and see. Be prepared for my post mortem.

Please do so. I love dissections of incomprehensible incompetences.

Agent Orange
03-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Loss rates will remain what loss rates are, but if you roll in with half your used army made up of destructible units, you will end up seeing attrition of those units regardless of the unit's casualty rate (because that is the only thing people can lose, out of their army). It'll be similar to the time a little over a year ago where lots of people had half-or-mostly indestructible armies and the rest made up of Orbital Hammers or Transport Raiders. The infirmary/casualty reduction will still be helpful in that circumstance.

We may raise the unit cap or otherwise adjust things, but we want to see how things play out first with the existing/upcoming changes.

EDIT: Honestly any extrapolations of what might occur (my own opinion above certainly included) is a bit premature at the moment.

Ah ok, thanks for straightening me out! Should be interesting then.

Generik79
04-03-2014, 01:28 PM

Post Mortem.

1. The stock of old units is worthless. U can't win nodes deploying them. People who win deploy top units. Even if one wanted to blow thousands of gold, the 5 mins maneuvering doesn't allow it it. And if it did, people would just send in even more growlers. VERDICT: 4 Pinocchios

2. No balance has changed. One prize was just that. Those of us at the top got stronger, some insanely so. Those lower also got stronger but not to the degree of the top. Those with high iph deployed biggest. They took most stat losses but zero sum as they rebuild quicker. No change. The only change we have seen is that FA is a different game. It's a war of nations/axis & allies component to an active rpg. That doesn't affect the balance, however. VERDICT: 3 Pinocchios

3. Craziness is accurate. It's crazy to run that event for 3 days. You can make more money in one mad dash day and keep people happy. VERDICT: 0 Pinocchios

4. In the separate FA walkthrough the prizes were supposed to be absolutely amazing. One tier prize...okay with me. But the boosts were not that amazing. There were a couple golden nuggets (43% air boost) but overall if you are asking for days of efforts, one prize only better be unbelievable--so much so that it actually deserves it's own point. These really didn't meet that threshold for actual players at the top at least. VERDICT: 3 Pinocchios

Evil Mastermind
04-03-2014, 01:46 PM

The point was to get you to spend money...which you did. The point now is to get you to spend more money...which you likely will.

Cheers,
Evil M. ;)