PDA

View Full Version : Video Offers for Gold

Pellatt
03-19-2014, 04:21 AM
I have 3 accounts in MW and have been playing for almost 2 years!

I play 2 accounts on iOS iPhone and 1 account on a 3rd gen ipod touch!

The 2 phone accounts are both able to watch videos and collect free gold, however one of them is lucky to get more than 2 videos per day, no matter how much gold I purchase!

The iPod however does not allow the videos to be played! It basically says there are no more videos available today, try tomorrow!

WELL TOMORROW NEVER COMES!

Gree do not involve themselves with this process, as they say that this part of the app is provided by a different company (Tapjoy). Fair enough, but......The app doesn't allow you to contact Tapjoy directly so it feels like its very difficult passing on all the data from your device.

Do any others in the community have this issue?, have you managed to resolve it?

I would really appreciate any advice as it's really grating on me now!!!!!!!!

MadAtWorld
03-19-2014, 06:09 AM
Any time a client app is included in a game, there should be a way for you to contact them. I suggest people who watch the videos send tickets with a suggestion and request that this capability be added. (I know, a ticket? but try). Also, next time they have a thread where a forum monitor says they are listening, make a simple polite request for the idea to be introduced. Not a complaint... a suggestion. If there is support for the idea, perhaps it will be added to their list of things to do.

2000y2k
03-19-2014, 08:57 AM
From my understanding the main factor in determining if you get videos and the amount is how new your device is. The newer device the more videos.

I have some old phones that get zero videos and my main account (iPhone 5S) gets about 20 per day.

goober
03-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Tapjoy is an advertising network. They offer to run video ads to you based on your supposed "value" to the advertisers who have bought ad space. Same as TV networks, radio, or online ads (google, etc). If they can determine that you are "valuable" to their advertisers - new phone, lot of gold spend, other tracking demographics on your device id, etc, they will show you lots and lots of ads. Because their advertisers are willing to pay to show you ads. If they think you are not valuable to their advertisers - old phone, never pay for apps, outside target geography, etc - then they won't show you ads.

From my understanding the main factor in determining if you get videos and the amount is how new your device is. The newer device the more videos.

I have some old phones that get zero videos and my main account (iPhone 5S) gets about 20 per day.

Ulrich von Bek
03-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Download the tapjoy app and contact them via their support link. their support is fantastic, I always get a response within 24hrs and they always award gold that I don't get, tap on missing gold then select the offer that didn't pay, add a quick discription of the issue. If you down load one of their offers take a screen shot of it on your device because when they respond they will ask you for it. Once you open their app select the games you play, don't do multiple offers at once just do one at a time because when you go back onto your MW game and you got only one gold but should of got say 5 gold you won't know which one didn't pay.

I contacted them regarding the video offers or lack of, they informed me that their offers are based on region and is mainly for the American market. I asked did they need a UK rep, lol, the only time I never got a response.

Beware if you try and con them or spam them they WILL ban your device from further offers.

pb23
03-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Download the tapjoy app and contact them via their support link. their support is fantastic, I always get a response within 24hrs and they always award gold that I don't get, tap on missing gold then select the offer that didn't pay, add a quick discription of the issue. If you down load one of their offers take a screen shot of it on your device because when they respond they will ask you for it. Once you open their app select the games you play, don't do multiple offers at once just do one at a time because when you go back onto your MW game and you got only one gold but should of got say 5 gold you won't know which one didn't pay.

I contacted them regarding the video offers or lack of, they informed me that their offers are based on region and is mainly for the American market. I asked did they need a UK rep, lol, the only time I never got a response.

Beware if you try and con them or spam them they WILL ban your device from further offers.

I'm an American. I get no videos.

pb23
03-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Tapjoy is an advertising network. They offer to run video ads to you based on your supposed "value" to the advertisers who have bought ad space. Same as TV networks, radio, or online ads (google, etc). If they can determine that you are "valuable" to their advertisers - new phone, lot of gold spend, other tracking demographics on your device id, etc, they will show you lots and lots of ads. Because their advertisers are willing to pay to show you ads. If they think you are not valuable to their advertisers - old phone, never pay for apps, outside target geography, etc - then they won't show you ads.

I download, and have a history of paying (see modern war), but I no longer receive videos.

pb23
03-19-2014, 11:33 AM

This is likely a coincedence. I have mutliple examples to disprobe this theory, yet none to support it.