PDA

View Full Version : Poll on second demand, skill reset option

Ferr
03-16-2014, 03:53 PM
The first demand was rather easy to find as it strikes to the heart of the problem. I had thought the second demand would refer to WD or the bad customar service. It did not. Perhaps because of the skill reset thread or the outright lies in that thread on why Gree is deliberately not providing this, the poll on the second demand refers to the skill reset option.

The advantage of this demand is that it is a simple demand, a rightious demand, a repeatedly asked for demand and above all a demand that, if not met, shows or better proves beyond a shadow of a doubt the utter disrespect of Gree towards its customars, towards us, towards you.
What say you?
Yours,

Edit
Upon reading the poll results on this second demand it is clear that, although there is a clear majority in favor of a skill reset button, it is not as predominant as the first demand being the lowering of costs.

One man army
03-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Where the poll at bro

Ferr
03-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Where the poll at bro
You cant vote?

Kennetth
03-16-2014, 04:22 PM
I agree in principle that a reset is needed, however I'm not sure how it could be practically implemented. Due to the events and the needs for defense points (and even attack), if players were allowed a reset whenever they wanted (even if it came at a decent cost of 500 gold), many players would constantly change to suit the current event. Also such a cost would no doubt cause complaints of "gree has found a new way to milk it's long time customers." Of course the modest to low spenders will also complain that the high spenders get an additional advantage.

The most simple solution in my opinion is to give a reset option for 50 gold, then there is no more reset for that player for 365 days (but this wouldn't be terribly profitable). In Infinity Blade the cost of skill resets (very similar concept to MW skill points) goes up on a progressive schedule. So maybe in MW the 4th reset within a calendar year would cost more then a vault of gold.

The above isn't intended to be particularly well-refined, just some off the cuff brainstorming.

Ferr
03-16-2014, 04:34 PM
I agree in principle that a reset is needed, however I'm not sure how it could be practically implemented. Due to the events and the needs for defense points (and even attack), if players were allowed a reset whenever they wanted (even if it came at a decent cost of 500 gold), many players would constantly change to suit the current event. Also such a cost would no doubt cause complaints of "gree has found a new way to milk it's long time customers." Of course the modest to low spenders will also complain that the high spenders get an additional advantage.

The most simple solution in my opinion is to give a reset option for 50 gold, then there is no more reset for that player for 365 days (but this wouldn't be terribly profitable). In Infinity Blade the cost of skill resets (very similar concept to MW skill points) goes up on a progressive schedule. So maybe in MW the 4th reset within a calendar year would cost more then a vault of gold.

The above isn't intended to be particularly well-refined, just some off the cuff brainstorming.

Ty sir. It is Gree's prerogative as how it is being done indeed. The deliberateness of not providing it makes this a primary demand. It is customary, even for subpar games as this one to have such skill resets. When it involves massive spending it becomes a must.

TMI
03-16-2014, 04:38 PM
I would vote yes, but didn't CJ say it would screw a bunch of things up?
If I remember correctly, they did this with another game and things got messed up.
I definitely don't want the reset if it creates more bugs and stuff.
I'd like it if there were no ill consequences.

I don't know, I'd like to hear an explanation from CJ as to why a skills reset is not desired.

I C STUFF
03-16-2014, 04:39 PM
Even if the reset were allowed and were you given a 10% skill point bonus, you put them all into energy, and you had 10,000 energy points; it would simply be symbolic.

Instead of whacking SUPER DUPER (600 points a whack for 50 times), you'd have to whack SUPER DUPER worth 800 points 100 times.

Speed ump
03-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Exactly the point several people made earlier. Then the ones who have high energy now will feel cheated.

Pissapigov
03-16-2014, 04:41 PM
I think attack and defence skill points need to have a bigger influence on the game mechanics before a reset option is provided.

People could currently just put 0 points on attack and defence and be more or less unaffected.

Ferr
03-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Even if the reset were allowed and were you given a 10% skill point bonus, you put them all into energy, and you had 10,000 energy points; it would simply be symbolic.

Instead of whacking SUPER DUPER (600 points a whack for 50 times), you'd have to whack SUPER DUPER worth 800 points 100 times.
True, they will find new ways..... And we will find new demands

pb23
03-16-2014, 04:50 PM
I think attack and defence skill points need to have a bigger influence on the game mechanics before a reset option is provided.

People could currently just put 0 points on attack and defence and be more or less unaffected.

That's what I do and I can routinely raid people that have defense stats 130-135% greater than my attack... PLUS they have a ton of defense skill points invested.

Pissapigov
03-16-2014, 04:54 PM
That's what I do and I can routinely raid people that have defense stats 130-135% greater than my attack... PLUS they have a ton of defense skill points invested.

Are you saying you have 0 attack/defence skill points? Or that you have a lot of attack skill points?

I C STUFF
03-16-2014, 04:59 PM
True, they will find new ways..... And we will find new demands

Please, sir, don't misunderstand me; I'm supportive of your efforts 1,000%.
That said, we need 80% or more to stand with us.
This takes time.
It's a great case, and you make outstanding points.

One man army
03-16-2014, 05:00 PM
You cant vote?

Thanks I can vote now

lemonhaze
03-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Are you saying you have 0 attack/defence skill points? Or that you have a lot of attack skill points?

my buddy has 1/1 in attack and def and he still raids the same amt of ppl with similar as i do..before they had the skill point hack these was effective and i could see a differnce but after the hack they did something to them not they dont do nothing..i added all mine when it was under funzio and didnt need energy now gree use energy and the ones all us old time players have in a.d are useless...i have 250.286 in a.d and my buddy wit 1/1 raids same as me wit same stats...they are not effective bottom line..SKILL POINT RESET needs to be done

Pissapigov
03-16-2014, 06:08 PM
my buddy has 1/1 in attack and def and he still raids the same amt of ppl with similar as i do..before they had the skill point hack these was effective and i could see a differnce but after the hack they did something to them not they dont do nothing..i added all mine when it was under funzio and didnt need energy now gree use energy and the ones all us old time players have in a.d are useless...i have 250.286 in a.d and my buddy wit 1/1 raids same as me wit same stats...they are not effective bottom line..SKILL POINT RESET needs to be done

I would love it if they made them effective again and suddenly all the veterans with huge attack points could raid people way stronger than them. That would make pvp a lot more fun!

MAD NUGGETT
03-16-2014, 06:40 PM

Whether you had skill points in attack or not it would still allow you to raid at 130 - 135%. Everyone can...

MAD NUGGETT
03-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Gree clearly recommends you put the points in energy...

Pissapigov
03-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Gree clearly recommends you put the points in energy...

Which is the exact reason why you shouldn't do it :D

MAD NUGGETT
03-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Which is the exact reason why you shouldn't do it :D

In this case, Gree is correct. Attack and defense skill points are worthless. 50 stamina and the rest in energy

Saluki
03-16-2014, 08:02 PM
I strongly agree that a skill reset button should be available, but only once-a-life-time. This way the option serves its purpose: to let players have a single chance to fix their mistake which was made when they just started playing and know nothing about the game. At the same time preventing high-end players from abusing it to suit their needs.

I C STUFF
03-16-2014, 08:26 PM
I strongly agree that a skill reset button should be available, but only once-a-life-time. This way the option serves its purpose: to let players have a single chance to fix their mistake which was made when they just started playing and know nothing about the game. At the same time preventing high-end players from abusing it to suit their needs.

Its a commonly known truth that skill points have no real affect on attack/defense, that leave more ammo, or energy.
All events over the last three months are energy ONLY.
I don't think once people make a choice, they'd ever want it changed.

andy2
03-16-2014, 08:43 PM
i didn't vote because i strongly disagree that this should be a top demand right now. in my opinion customer service/ reliable development programming should be the #1 demand we have. Nothing else matters if the core of the game is filled with glitches and staffed by incompetent programmers and support staff.

a close second for me would be what i suppose was voted as the #1 demand which is the outrageous monetary costs. No other game has them and gree is making the top 1% of the game fund the rest instead of spreading out the same costs over the top 10%-40% or more. In doing so the divide between the top and the bottom will get bigger and by the time event costs even top where they are at now new players will stop coming in, the rest of the old players will quit and the game will die.

skill resets, while i understand the need are a minor fad in the grand scheme of all of the things wrong with this game.

2MblaZ
03-16-2014, 08:45 PM
At this point in time of this end-of-life game - really doesn't matter anymore...

I C STUFF
03-16-2014, 08:50 PM
At this point in time of this end-of-life game - really doesn't matter anymore...

That is great wisdom.

Dansgek
03-17-2014, 05:54 AM
In my opinion there shouldn't be a reset button or option.

Gree must fix the defense and attack skillpoints bug.

Otherwise we should also have a level reset option, just for those that thought it was good to do the missions.

Waiting
03-17-2014, 06:29 AM
No skill reset please. If you ain't spent your points wisely then that's bad luck, quit whining and move on already.

The Pharoah
03-17-2014, 07:41 AM
I've voted no in this instance. I would rather the function of skill points was tweaked to allow them greater effect in matches.

Though I may only be saying that because I have 200/200 tied up in the game.

Perhaps I chose...poorly :P

Paiens
03-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Either make the att/def skill points relative, or give a one time only reset options. But this will never happen as the amount of revenue lost from everyone getting massive amounts of energy would not suit Gree.

But it should not be unlimited resets if ever they do give the option.

Mw Adam
03-17-2014, 08:48 AM
I spent my points wisely at the time, however the game has changed a lot over the past 2 years. It would be nice to have a one time skill point reset. What we spent our skill points on 2 years ago is not relevant now.

No skill reset please. If you ain't spent your points wisely then that's bad luck, quit whining and move on already.

Jaebee
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
For the naysayers here, who think skill point resets would mess things up, or be unfair, or can't be done for whatever reason. Look at some of the other newer GREE games. Legends at War formerly Dragon Realms charges the equivalent of 50 gold to reset skill points. If it's good for the goose it's good for the gander.

CJ's argument was weak at best, they (GREE) are disproving their own words by offering it in other similar games. They already have the code in the other games, so it shouldn't even be much work.

And for those who want to use the "just another way that cash players will have an advantage"...come on now, 50 gold? Really? Do the tap joy videos for a week or two and you can get up to 50.

Your move GREE, time to sh** or get off the pot.

Jaebee
03-17-2014, 11:11 AM

Not surprising from a guy who's been playing 5months. You started in the time of FLTQs, so more than likely you are energy heavy. Most of us started 2+ years ago and have hundreds tied up in the ABSOLUTELY USELESS attack/defensive skill points.

This would actually be another way for GREE to MAKE money (50 gold per reset times X amount of players), not lose it. Besides with the hundreds of thousands of energy that recent FLTQs are taking, this won't mean everyone is suddenly able to finish without gold in most cases. But it will give the long term players who SHOULD have an advantage from leveling up (the way the game was designed after all) a ever so slight advantage from all the skill points they have accumulated.

lemonhaze
03-17-2014, 11:18 AM
I've voted no in this instance. I would rather the function of skill points was tweaked to allow them greater effect in matches.

Though I may only be saying that because I have 200/200 tied up in the game.

Perhaps I chose...poorly :P
nah u aint the only one bro..if gree fix them that would be even better then a reset imo..i got 250/286 tired up in mine..i dont do LTQS so it honestly dont bother me if they reset it or not but for the ones that do gree should allow it ONLY if they dont plan on fixing it bc right now they are meaningless

lemonhaze
03-17-2014, 11:22 AM
For the naysayers here, who think skill point resets would mess things up, or be unfair, or can't be done for whatever reason. Look at some of the other newer GREE games. Legends at War formerly Dragon Realms charges the equivalent of 50 gold to reset skill points. If it's good for the goose it's good for the gander.

CJ's argument was weak at best, they (GREE) are disproving their own words by offering it in other similar games. They already have the code in the other games, so it shouldn't even be much work.

And for those who want to use the "just another way that cash players will have an advantage"...come on now, 50 gold? Really? Do the tap joy videos for a week or two and you can get up to 50.

Your move GREE, time to sh** or get off the pot. i agree..they dont have to be a reset if gree would have hired some good security ITs and not had them hacked in the first place and disabled them..they use to work well even when wars was in bc i had friends in other factions that would attack me and if they didnt have more then 3-3.5m more attck then my def then they would lose 3 out of 4 times bc they would screenshot to me the loss they would take when we was testing them out...after the big skill point hack they shut them down and now all the old players like ourselfs that used them wisely get RIMMED

Jaebee
03-17-2014, 11:24 AM
nah u aint the only one bro..if gree fix them that would be even better then a reset imo..i got 250/286 tired up in mine..i dont do LTQS so it honestly dont bother me if they reset it or not but for the ones that do gree should allow it ONLY if they dont plan on fixing it bc right now they are meaningless

Ideally it would be both (allowing resets, and fixing att/def skill points). This would help GREE, as golden players can change them as much they want (more revenue for the machine that is GREE). And it would allow long time players like us a chance to redistribute if we so choose to. I like helping out my faction in FLTQs, and I would be more of a help with a higher total energy. As is, I lose out on 6-7k energy every time I go to sleep or have to be off the game for 8 or so hours.

Jaebee
03-17-2014, 12:20 PM
i agree..they dont have to be a reset if gree would have hired some good security ITs and not had them hacked in the first place and disabled them..they use to work well even when wars was in bc i had friends in other factions that would attack me and if they didnt have more then 3-3.5m more attck then my def then they would lose 3 out of 4 times bc they would screenshot to me the loss they would take when we was testing them out...after the big skill point hack they shut them down and now all the old players like ourselfs that used them wisely get RIMMED

True, I remember those days too, but that was all pre ridiculous stat explosion. Now, they wouldn't mean as much even if they "worked" again because of the multi million stats that most have now.

I look at it as I would like the one semi advantage my hlp has to be worth something. My energy regen is great, but since it caps at such a low number, it's not much of an advantage.

CJ54
03-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Legends at War's skill system was *expressly designed* with greater balance and the ability to have resets. Apples and oranges.

I C STUFF
03-17-2014, 12:22 PM
There are a couple reasons it won't happen.
I disagree with certain approaches (as if anyone cares, including myself), but there's too much gold that would be lost if things changed.
The other games haven't nearly as many infected with either of the deadly viruses, GOTTA HAVE IT, or MUST TAP BECAUSE I'M told!

Ferr
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
I suggest this thread be closed. It is clearly not a primary demand. It is still wanted by many but not by all. We stick to and fiercely fight for the first demand LOWER COSTS.

Agent1200
03-17-2014, 03:52 PM
I think if people were allowed to reassign their skill points, it would be out of control. All into energy during LTQs, all into Atk/def during WD, ect. If players are allowed to do that, then what's the point of having skill points?

I do agree that the game should be changed in a way that they all make a difference. They need to be weighted evenly for game play.

Agent Orange
03-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Ty sir. It is Gree's prerogative as how it is being done indeed. The deliberateness of not providing it makes this a primary demand. It is customary, even for subpar games as this one to have such skill resets. When it involves massive spending it becomes a must.

I suspect if Gree did implement that 'feature' it would in some way be screwed up........

lemonhaze
03-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Legends at War's skill system was *expressly designed* with greater balance and the ability to have resets. Apples and oranges.

then why not make them back effective like they was when i put 250/286 in my attack and defense CJ? its not our players fault that grees security system is flawed and people hacked them..surely to god u can run a simple elementary grade school progamming code and find out who got them the right way from lvling up and from clearing maps and then see the ones that didnt..

lemonhaze
03-17-2014, 04:01 PM
I suggest this thread be closed. It is clearly not a primary demand. It is still wanted by many but not by all. We stick to and fiercely fight for the first demand LOWER COSTS.

u can just delete the thread then cant ya ferr since this is not gonna happen no ways..they can care less if we used them to put into a.d and now since they been disabled we dont get nothing back..and u know that would save us 20-40 gold maybe if we got to get those back and lord knows thats a crime to save that much gold