PDA

View Full Version : How To Introduce More Health Regen Rewards

Lys
03-14-2014, 11:07 PM
So, as everyone knows, Health Regeneration Bonuses outside of the 23% guild bonus are quietly whispered myths to newer players, and highly coveted by the older players. As it currently stands now, it is impossible to introduce new units with the Health Regeneration bonus due to some members have somewhere in the neighborhood of 90-95 percent now.

The equation being used right now is as follows:

100 HP = 6,000 s - (6,000 s * X)
X = Health Regen %

So, here's what I'm proposing, even though it will set everyone back at first. However, with the release of more HP Regen bonuses, it will be rather quick to make up. Only those who are in the 62% + range will be permanently affected by this. However, it will help level the field a bit by allowing newer players the chance to enjoy some of the same bonuses we have, so long as they can earn it.

The proposed equation would be the following:

100 HP = (3,000 s - (3,000 s * X)) + (3,000 s - (3,000 s * Y))
X = Unit Rewarded Health Regen %
Y = Guild Bonus Health Regen %

This would make a hard cap on the Health Regen, removing the main cause of why GREE stopped releasing units with the bonus attached to it. With this equation, the hard cap for 100 HP would be 38 minutes and 30 seconds. For a more useful number, 25 HP would be 9 minutes and 37.5 seconds.

Spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akz7OlMbUQ5vdGxPSzE1d1d3dnJIZ25kSXJhWXZKb 1E&usp=sharing) listing the breakdown of what the numbers would be.

Basically, this will set everyone back a bit at first. But in the long run it will level the playing field a bit and allow for more HP Regen bonuses... I think folks would rather see those than Quest Gold Payout %, Honor from Raid/Fight %, etc.

Would love to hear what y'all think about it.

the_bob
03-17-2014, 02:38 AM
We need diminishing returns and hard caps on all bonuses, IMO.

Sim
03-17-2014, 05:11 AM
I am surprised about the lack of response to this and I can only assume it's due to war. I see what you are proposing and if it's the only way to get more bonuses they I would agree. I just can't see Gree or the top level players going for this.

Dogs Pizza
03-17-2014, 09:50 AM
so you want gree to take away rewards that we spent hard earned cash to get? No.

If gree did that now it would give any of us that are adversely affected a reason to go to Itunes for refunds.

Vclone
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
The lack of response is due to the general lack of understanding of basic algebra. This proposal will benefit most people. However, we worked hard (spent a lot of money) to get some of the bonuses that will be reduced after the fact. Plus, we don't want another Sky Pirate debacle. Good idea, Lys, but I wish it was applied like that from the start.

the_bob
03-17-2014, 11:08 AM
so you want gree to take away rewards that we spent hard earned cash to get? No.

If gree did that now it would give any of us that are adversely affected a reason to go to Itunes for refunds.

So you'd rather the money you've pissed away on this game get even more wasted when the game inflates to the point where it can no longer sustain growth and just folds under it's own weight (which will happen sooner rather than later) or you can implement some form of diminishing returns and capping of bonuses to insure the game will have a longer life span.

Tough choice there, I know.

And good luck getting anything back from iTunes just because the game made a change you didn't like. That's completely the opposite definition of fraud and/or failing to deliver.

garen argon
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
So, as everyone knows, Health Regeneration Bonuses outside of the 23% guild bonus are quietly whispered myths to newer players, and highly coveted by the older players. As it currently stands now, it is impossible to introduce new units with the Health Regeneration bonus due to some members have somewhere in the neighborhood of 90-95 percent now.

I completely disagree with your premise and perspective. This is a pay for play game. You pay more you get more; and this is coming from someone not in the 1%.

Dogs Pizza
03-17-2014, 01:14 PM
I would say changing it after the fact is similar to bait and switch. so yes, it would be something that would qualify for a challenge to itunes.

and lay off the oh whoa is me, inflation will kill the game crap. everyone said the same thing when the first prizes over dragon were released, then they said it when Thorodin broke 1 mil stats, then about how FUN would never be beaten because of all their 1st place wins, now they say it about starfire. You and all the others crying about inflation killing the game are wrong time and again.

-H-
03-19-2014, 02:29 AM
Some great ideas and well thought out plans.....

Anything to help with the longevity of KA is a great Idea in my book. Guess it's all up to the powers that be to see what happens in future.

Lys
03-19-2014, 07:54 AM
I figured most folks wouldn't be down with this, at least the majority who've been around for awhile. Honestly, when I put this out there I figured there'd be more hate for the concept. Been trying to figure out how they could revitalize KA to some degree, and this is just one of the ideas that've come to mind in the past month or two. Shame that they didn't think of this beforehand, it would have kept them from running into the problem of folks reaching near 100% Regen even with it having diminishing returns.

Got one for Epic Boss balancing as well, but waiting to see what they decided on for balancing with this next round before posting that one up.

Jerusalem
03-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Wow. Some very interesting and thought provoking ideas! All very scary, nevertheless.

laoniu
03-21-2014, 04:50 AM
I just can't see Gree or the top level players going for this.

Totalwar
03-22-2014, 04:27 AM
Well something needs to be done as it not fair to the whole community of KA.The health regens should be available to everyone not just thoses who got them over a year ago.I be willing to pay gems to get more health regens and sure there others out there would too.