PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with the boss triggering

The Avenger$
03-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Can any mod clarify this!? A&F or CJ...... It used to take ONE attack on a rival, but now it takes 3 or 4 attacks AND it doesn't even work 100% of the time! Please fix this problem. I have 2 accounts. One is iOS and the other is Android. (It's almost the same, but my iOS account is a bit easier).

CJ54
03-14-2014, 06:59 PM
It was never supposed to trigger every time on the first hit on a rival/job, I can say that much. If that is what you were seeing before, that was either insane luck or a bug that was accidentally fixed (that happens, particularly when the bug makes something easier because it means people don't report it).

NeedMoreMoney
03-14-2014, 07:01 PM
It was never supposed to trigger every time on the first hit on a rival/job, I can say that much. If that is what you were seeing before, that was either insane luck or a bug that was accidentally fixed (that happens, particularly when the bug makes something easier because it means people don't report it).

I guess pretty much everybody had insane luck the previous bosses before last.

TMI
03-14-2014, 07:04 PM
I guess pretty much everybody had insane luck the previous bosses before last.

No, it's just the entire cc community had a "bug" lolol

CJ54
03-14-2014, 07:14 PM
No, it's just the entire cc community had a "bug" lolol

It wouldn't be the first time; we had a job loot bug that we never knew existed until it was accidentally fixed in the process of cleaning up something else and everyone saw slightly lower drop rates. If we had changed the rate on purpose we would've just taken the lumps and announced it.

westside187
03-14-2014, 07:39 PM
well maybe u guys should bring that bug back , or leave the poor creature alone, u guys just love making it difficult for us dont use?

CJ54
03-14-2014, 07:41 PM
well maybe u guys should bring that bug back , or leave the poor creature alone, u guys just love making it difficult for us dont use?

Don't get me wrong, I'm always concerned when people are asserting that something has changed and we can't see anything has changed. Doesn't mean we're not looking into it, I'm just advancing the theory in the meantime since we haven't intentionally changed anything and what I mentioned has happened before.

Fredfreddy
03-14-2014, 07:42 PM

Finally we are bridging this disconnect. The boss spawn behavior was the same since the event was introduced about 2 years ago, up until the recent "special epic boss" ... I know you see a lot of noise on this forum, but this was legit, at least we now know this isn't some bug.

That said, I would argue that me wasting several minutes spawning a boss does not make the game better in any way, it just frustrates me and has no tangible benefits for Gree either, so the old buggy behavior might be better for this event

CJ54
03-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Finally we are bridging this disconnect. The boss spawn behavior was the same since the event was introduced about 2 years ago, up until the recent "special epic boss" ... I know you see a lot of noise on this forum, but this was legit, at least we now know this isn't some bug.

That said, I would argue that me wasting several minutes spawning a boss does not make the game better in any way, it just frustrates me and has no tangible benefits for Gree either, so the old buggy behavior might be better for this event

Well, that's a fair point in regards to the understandable frustration. We will see if we can at least figure out definitively what the cause is for the reported disparity.

ILikeTheAbuse
03-14-2014, 07:58 PM
I can go 15 minutes of constant activity without a boss triggering. Yes, I'm depositing cash. Yes, I'm refreshing the rivals list. Yes, Sometimes it will be triggered after I exit and re-enter the game, but usually not. I feel like I need to spend 12hrs a day just trying to trigger bosses to complete 100 on two accounts. This is no longer a game, or even a part-time job. This *game* is becoming an 80hr a week hassle.

I'm really surprised that this change isn't intentional. I was fully expecting to see a 20 gold "trigger a boss immediately" button in the newest version for this event... at which point, there would be another event that I no longer really work at. (case events where I can't past 5, horrible payout LTQs, PvP when I'm not in dire need of bricks)

raymondmccabemfc
03-14-2014, 07:59 PM
The reported disparity reason, is that gree d are trying to make even more money from players, hense why sunnyvales top gold spenders have quit and a guy who spends atleast 15 vaults per running battle weeks. Great job gree d

CJ54
03-14-2014, 08:01 PM
The reported disparity reason, is that gree d are trying to make even more money from players, hense why sunnyvales top gold spenders have quit and a guy who spends atleast 15 vaults per running battle weeks. Great job gree d

Yes, very clever, I see what you did with the "d" there at the end of the company name and no one has ever thought to do that before.

No, the rule over here is to cop to it when we've made something harder. We're genuinely mystified by this one.

I love tacos
03-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Blah..blah..with no disrespect, but we've heard this one before. No thanks, I just renewed my subscription to Netflix.

The Avenger$
03-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Yes, very clever, I see what you did with the "d" there at the end of the company name and no one has ever thought to do that before.

No, the rule over here is to cop to it when we've made something harder. We're genuinely mystified by this one.
I mean no disrespect CJ, but it's true. Since the last "special" boss event, the triggering has been very difficult. The triggering was always one attack and boom... Epic boss approaching! This worked since mayor turn ball boss, which was I would say in August or July 2013. Then, the "special" boss event just ruined everything. * I have heard from older players that it was always one hit trigger

CJ54
03-14-2014, 08:13 PM
I mean no disrespect CJ, but it's true. Since the last "special" boss event, the triggering has been very difficult. The triggering was always one attack and boom... Epic boss approaching! This worked since mayor turn ball boss, which was I would say in August or July 2013. Then, the "special" boss event just ruined everything.

What was the exact boss name on that one, again?

Roscoe782
03-14-2014, 08:30 PM
I mean no disrespect CJ, but it's true. Since the last "special" boss event, the triggering has been very difficult. The triggering was always one attack and boom... Epic boss approaching! This worked since mayor turn ball boss, which was I would say in August or July 2013. Then, the "special" boss event just ruined everything. * I have heard from older players that it was always one hit trigger

Agreed. All I know is a boss could get triggered from a single attack on canal street. Beat boss. Wait 2 minutes and summon again. This boss and lass boss, I can go through all stamina and energy and get nothing.

The Avenger$
03-14-2014, 08:30 PM

I think it was mayor turn ball. I had recently started playing cc and it was so much fun. CJ trust us. Katina Carver, Cole Black, and even Eros McBride were all one attack and boom! Epic boss approaching

kourt
03-14-2014, 08:52 PM
I think it was mayor turn ball. I had recently started playing cc and it was so much fun. CJ trust us. Katina Carver, Cole Black, and even Eros McBride were all one attack and boom! Epic boss approaching

I agree even if it wasnt one hit it didnt a full bar of energy to possibly get one boss. I have a member that still hasnt gotten one to spawn

The Avenger$
03-14-2014, 08:54 PM
I agree even if it wasnt one hit it didnt a full bar of energy to possibly get one boss. I have a member that still hasnt gotten one to spawn

Exactly. Thank you. It's hard to trigger.

The Avenger$
03-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Any response from CJ yet?

MrGreenMan
03-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm always concerned when people are asserting that something has changed and we can't see anything has changed. Doesn't mean we're not looking into it, I'm just advancing the theory in the meantime since we haven't intentionally changed anything and what I mentioned has happened before.

There is no way that gree did not notice (from all the data crunching that goes on that gree does to see where they can suck more profits from) that within 24 hrs from an epic boss event starting many people had finished 60-100 bosses already and got to farming 100 boss weapons for the next 5 days

Also by saying that, are you not also saying we test nothing, is there not one person in gree that has CC downloaded on their phone ?

evilmind
03-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Don't you see CJ that you are making a fool of yourselves with these anwsers?

evilmind
03-14-2014, 09:47 PM
There is no way that gree did not notice (from all the data crunching that goes on that gree does to see where they can suck more profits from) that within 24 hrs from an epic boss event starting many people had finished 60-100 bosses already and got to farming 100 boss weapons for the next 5 days

Also by saying that, are you not also saying we test nothing, is there not one person in gree that has CC downloaded on their phone ?

Amen brotha

Sammo the Kid
03-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Stop attacking CJ. I have my issues with the decisions this company makes but I appreciate that he's coming here and at least letting us know that they hear us. This boss and the special epic boss last cycle haven't been any fun and I almost decided eff it, I'm done. But I see he's hearing us and now I'll see how it goes.

poo hands
03-15-2014, 12:00 AM
Clearly a cash grab by gree....ultimate goal is to turn every event into slot machine odds

03-15-2014, 01:21 AM

@CJ - last month's special boss event -

I have to agree that something changed with the last boss event. previous bosses were automatic triggers if you waited 3 min between hits on carmen (or pvp) the initial trigger was sometimes problematic, but once we got the first one, the rest were consistent.

I understand the 'special boss' changes, making it harder - that was unpopular but probably necessary, however making a completely random trigger is very frustrating, and from talking to many friends they are skipping this event and/or considering quitting because of this..

ohlo-00
03-15-2014, 01:49 AM
I think everything is ok with trigerring boss. You have enough timevto defeat 100 bosses(6 days)

Kev33y
03-15-2014, 02:13 AM
Stop attacking CJ. I have my issues with the decisions this company makes but I appreciate that he's coming here and at least letting us know that they hear us. This boss and the special epic boss last cycle haven't been any fun and I almost decided eff it, I'm done. But I see he's hearing us and now I'll see how it goes.

Very true how many times have people asked questions and not had a reply from the mods. But look on the bright side we no there's a problem so the answer is don't spend gold

Torni
03-15-2014, 02:34 AM
I think everything is ok with trigerring boss. You have enough timevto defeat 100 bosses(6 days)

Boss event was only event i used to try finish, but now with this triggerin phase i dont have time to do even this. I think gree is trying really hard to push people away from this game.💀
Ps. I used to use gold"real money" on this game, but NO MORE.

ohlo-00
03-15-2014, 02:36 AM
Boss event was only event i used to try finish, but now with this triggerin phase i dont have time to do even this. I think gree is trying really hard to push people away from this game.��
Ps. I used to use gold"real money" on this game, but NO MORE.
I am at boss 37 and still more than 5 days so ... ?

Osobuko
03-15-2014, 02:44 AM
LOL boss triggering was bugged? Why I am not surprised?
Crime City programmers deserve to be fired for incompetence. They should go back to university to improve their coding skills. LOL Daylight Savings Shutdown was a joke.

Torni
03-15-2014, 02:50 AM
I am at boss 37 and still more than 5 days so ... ?

Well i have other things in life, not only try to trigger boss on CC.

ohlo-00
03-15-2014, 03:04 AM
Well i have other things in life, not only try to trigger boss on CC.

I understand you. But then you can not complain here. Its only a game

Til Us
03-15-2014, 03:04 AM
Invitation code: 671-399-952. (11 slots open)
.................................................. ...........................
Pretty active syndicate Moravska banda (Czech rep., most of bonuses purchased, no *****ing, no stress, enjoy the game), is looking for few active players, which currently would like to join us and do the whole boss event with us :o). You could be low level (beginner, 1-25 -does not matter on stats, or higher level - with rather decent stats - english, czech or slovak writing - if you would like to communicate closer - we using Whats App). Join us today to gain all that sweet prizes from the boss! Please, minimum requirement is 10 times kill the boss a day.

Addme pls: Maximus, ID: 736-870-302 (att.5mil, lvl.89)
Tetka Anca: 877-551-366

sjyokel
03-15-2014, 03:49 AM
Epic boss just ended yesterday in Kingdom Age. Triggered as it always has. At most three robs after waiting a few minutes and.. Bam.. A boss.

One comment, in both games it's always been a bit hard to get the very first boss triggered. It seems like this always takes some extra gyrations. Exiting game/jobs/pvp/ rob / return to home / quit / restart etc. but once the first one was triggered it was as if the pump was primed and bosses flow freely every two minutes. Now, in cc, each boss is like that very first one and the event is terribly painful.

Marine007
03-15-2014, 04:31 AM
So CJ can you give us some idea of the formula to trigger the bosses or is it a secret? I have tried to crack the code, a couple times it took over 3000 energy doing jobs and over 20 robberies/attacks in a 2 hour period. Other times it has taken 1.5 hours of robbing and attacking doing it over and over again everytime my stamina fills up. Can you give us a clue? There are players in my syn that are getting a summon every 3 hrs or more, is this the norm? Thanks

Joe bananas
03-15-2014, 04:36 AM
So CJ can you give us some idea of the formula to trigger the bosses or is it a secret? I have tried to crack the code, a couple times it took over 3000 energy doing jobs and over 20 robberies/attacks in a 2 hour period. Other times it has taken 1.5 hours of robbing and attacking doing it over and over again everytime my stamina fills up. Can you give us a clue? There are players in my syn that are getting a summon every 3 hrs or more, is this the norm? Thanks

Came here to ask this. Boss takes between 30 seconds to 3 hours to summon.

CJ54 if this can be fixed with a new dataset - please do ASAP.

b-w
03-15-2014, 05:52 AM
it seems to be back to normal now

MattyCC
03-15-2014, 07:19 AM
It's triggered 4 times on my android this morning in 5 minutes. My iPad has used all stamina and all energy and no boss triggered

Dat Guy
03-15-2014, 07:35 AM
Same here. On Android. Three single attacks on three different rivals and two bosses triggered. Thank you.

Jugdish
03-15-2014, 08:18 AM
No trigger here for hours now.

The Avenger$
03-15-2014, 09:38 AM
No trigger here for hours now.

That sucks. Hopefully CJ gives us an update.

RealTeflonDon
03-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Just to fathom a guess (assuming nothing has changed in the game code itself)..

Perhaps, the "action data" (attacks/robs/jobs) sent to the server isn't responding correctly with "trigger boss" data to our devices.

That's what it seems like at least. Attacking/robbing someone 30 times and not getting a boss to summon is absurd. That's what's happening & it's not fun at all.

It also seems like there's a "cool-down" period of about 15 minutes, where any action done simply won't trigger a boss.

Some clarification on how this epic boss is intended to be run would be helpful so us players can report back on what we're experiencing. Again though, its not fun right now.

Jeremy Kyle
03-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Just to fathom a guess (assuming nothing has changed in the game code itself)..

Perhaps, the "action data" (attacks/robs/jobs) sent to the server isn't responding correctly with "trigger boss" data to our devices.

That's what it seems like at least. Attacking/robbing someone 30 times and not getting a boss to summon is absurd. That's what's happening & it's not fun at all.

It also seems like there's a "cool-down" period of about 15 minutes, where any action done simply won't trigger a boss.

Some clarification on how this epic boss is intended to be run would be helpful so us players can report back on what we're experiencing. Again though, its not fun right now.

i dont even think they know how its meant to run lmao, thats why everytime they fiz something they break s0omething else.

what thewy need to do is re code the game completley

gazzerman
03-15-2014, 11:14 AM
FACT! In the 2+ years I have been playing this game, I have never been this bored playing it. Everyone on my top 20 Synd feels the same and 3 have just left because of it. I am now also pretty much done. I have lost any motivation to play.
The Boss simply does not trigger like it used to and is now too time consuming, I can use ll 2500 energy and bank money, use gold and still not see a boss. So basically the event is impossible to play and if it takes an hour to trigger then I am done with that. If I cant get the rewards like the one I just missed (+1 energy) Then I am unable to compete and keep my stats competitive.
So for myself and may others despite the fact that this has now been a long enough issue to be resolved. I am officially bored and leaving the game.
You must be reactive to this sort of stuff, if people complain then sort the issue out regardless if its not a bug. People enjoyed the 1 hit trigger.
My only option left was to close the game restart and hit carmen 5 times, the game takes 3 mins to load! I ask you what kind of fun is that? Its boring and many times does not work.
I am sick of seeing events started like the ltq's and waiting 4 hours before mine starts.
I honestly believe that this boss trigger issue will be the downfall of this game if not changed immediately, its also not very fair if everyone has wildly different odds of triggering.
It appears your development team are in over their heads and unable to fix these this issues people have with the game. How sad as a this was fun at one time and my synd is great with great people. I hate it when companies have a good thing and they are so incapable of listening to their customers and being reactive that they simply destroy it. bad management, poor reactions to customer feedback. If I owned this company the management would get a serious talking too.

Gree you really let me and many others down, this was my fun get away guilty pleasure and now bejewled is more entertaining LOL.

But honestly you really have let me down, you need to play the game yourself it should be a company requirement to have an account and play. You will see that its too time consuming for the rewards, you would struggle to do your daily job and get enjoyment from the game.

It was fun while it lasted.

Bye

RealTeflonDon
03-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Why am I not surprised by that^^^

Oh, its like pulling teeth trying to summon a boss, that's right..

xpac
03-15-2014, 01:04 PM
It was never supposed to trigger every time on the first hit on a rival/job, I can say that much. If that is what you were seeing before, that was either insane luck or a bug that was accidentally fixed

Complete bull**** you can't even lie convincingly

Dunringill
03-15-2014, 01:21 PM
I understand you. But then you can not complain here. Its only a game

Where else is he going to say something? Frickin troll.

puffyun1c0rn
03-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Sad that a game that was once fun now requires us to work 24 x 7 to complete the 300 boss kill goal. It used to be the final day was the only stressful day to capture the 300 wins. Now, as a result of the inconsistent triggering, more time is needed to attain the goal. I know people who've completely given up while others are working OT just to help their syndicates. If you sleep, odds are you'll miss out on the 100 kill individual goal unless you already had a jump start and better luck triggering.

Coming from a service industry, I suggest you listen to your customers. We're not asking for the game to be so simple that it gets boring but throw us a bone and let us know that you tried a new algorithm and it's apparently not working. Honesty isn't too much to ask for, or do you really not care what we think?

I'm not complaining, I'm merely pointing out obvious inconsistencies (as have others), with the game.

Klank
03-15-2014, 01:56 PM
CJ have played have you tried to just do random missions or attacks/robs? I went through 2500 energy and it never showed. There is something very wrong. I know there are ways to trigger like hit x 5 times and hit y after that but geez that is silly even if it does work. You guys continue to make the game painful to play and a lot of us older players are just leaving because the fun is gone.

ghetto69143
03-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Sad that a game that was once fun now requires us to work 24 x 7 to complete the 300 boss kill goal. It used to be the final day was the only stressful day to capture the 300 wins. Now, as a result of the inconsistent triggering, more time is needed to attain the goal. I know people who've completely given up while others are working OT just to help their syndicates. If you sleep, odds are you'll miss out on the 100 kill individual goal unless you already had a jump start and better luck triggering.

Coming from a service industry, I suggest you listen to your customers. We're not asking for the game to be so simple that it gets boring but throw us a bone and let us know that you tried a new algorithm and it's apparently not working. Honesty isn't too much to ask for, or do you really not care what we think?

I'm not complaining, I'm merely pointing out obvious inconsistencies (as have others), with the game.

^^^^-------^^^^^
I'm with puffyun1corn on this one. I wonder why or what stops them from letting us in on some things??? By all means am I saying we want to know what were being charged, or are you in the background laughing at us or have a Master plan or something? NO, I am not! But what can you tell us? What would you tell us? I not the one to badger someone but in my time with this game you obviously have LOYAL PLAYERS that are putting up with a lot in the hopes that an issue will be just that, an issue! but along with puffyun1corn give us a bone. I forget the reason why Gree awarded everyone the 350 bars last year, I just joined back to the game right before this happened. BUT YOU COMPENSATED EVERYONE and here I am, constantly monitoring the forum on updates about this issue. What will you give us?? although I wouldn't mind 350 bars again but something would suffice. I'm glad "CJ" is making the attempt of communicating something but c'mon.
Something has got to give! I consider myself one of those CC addicts, but I speak for myself. Try letting us know something! We don't need to know the exact workings of the coding but you could do something. I know you don't have to tell us anything but me(and I'm sure others would agree)I'm asking you to? Please. I didn't give up my Mafia Wars for this, but it feels like I should go back even though this game is more convenient for me

Please give us the figurative bone

LW okie
03-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Think I will retire my 3 accounts. This is the final straw. It was bad enough having the game closed all the time, but being unable to summon a boss now. Can't take any more. Adios

Jeremy Kyle
03-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Think I will retire my 3 accounts. This is the final straw. It was bad enough having the game closed all the time, but being unable to summon a boss now. Can't take any more. Adios

Goodbye then

b-w
03-17-2014, 06:23 AM
They are triggering correctly for everyone in my syn and that's 58 people spread out on different devices. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the lag. The only time i'm having trouble triggering is when it's also lagging. I'm thinking that if the servers aren't talking then no trigger. I've done some thinking and experimenting and i would recommend you hit the events globe in between whatever you're doing to trigger. Hit it a few times even. Doing this seems to keep their servers connected and keeps from wasting xp.

surfinguy369
03-17-2014, 06:29 AM
People in my syndicate have no trouble summoning bosses at all. I am beginning to think it's operator error from all the crying on here.

ghetto69143
03-17-2014, 06:57 AM
They are triggering correctly for everyone in my syn and that's 58 people spread out on different devices. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the lag. The only time i'm having trouble triggering is when it's also lagging. I'm thinking that if the servers aren't talking then no trigger. I've done some thinking and experimenting and i would recommend you hit the events globe in between whatever you're doing to trigger. Hit it a few times even. Doing this seems to keep their servers connected and keeps from wasting xp.

Me and my syndicate have been going as far as hitting a location for the loot 2-3x, jump into syndicate tab, hit Rivals list and attack the 1st person. Whether win or lose boss seems to be triggering. This was last night. This morning I robbed 1 person 3x and triggered . Gree finally decided to "Fix" something??? It would seem boss will not trigger on first of anything!! Happy hunting

cynicalmofo
03-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Me and my syndicate have been going as far as hitting a location for the loot 2-3x, jump into syndicate tab, hit Rivals list and attack the 1st person. Whether win or lose boss seems to be triggering. This was last night. This morning I robbed 1 person 3x and triggered . Gree finally decided to "Fix" something??? It would seem boss will not trigger on first of anything!! Happy hunting

People on 4.0.4 seem to be having less issues than those on 4.0.2. Fact.

Carbide
03-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Carmen Riviera in Canal street triggers the boss just fine! Try hitting her 10-20 times and a boss will appear!

cynicalmofo
03-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Carmen Riviera in Canal street triggers the boss just fine! Try hitting her 10-20 times and a boss will appear!

360 energy expended on Carmen, no boss.
24 attacks used robbing 12 buildings in 5 different hoods, no boss,
levelled up
2840 energy used hitting various NPC's in higher level maps, no boss
banked cash, no boss
restarted the game, no boss

The above was in a 2 hour period. Game version 4.0.2.

On my other device which is using version 4.0.4 though all I had to do was rob 2 buildings and a boss appeared. Waited 30 minutes and then 2 NPC hits in Soho triggered a boss.

Don't have another device to prove whether or not it's just the version having an effect.

AliKat
03-17-2014, 03:52 PM
I only have version 4.0 iOS and no update in the App Store, is something missing?

Suspect5
03-19-2014, 01:18 PM
still not working correctly, i never have had this much trouble summoning a boss . hrs go by and tons of energy and stam and nothing. something is up on grees end and i wish they would comment on it

Lil_Eugenie
03-19-2014, 03:52 PM
I can go 15 minutes of constant activity without a boss triggering. Yes, I'm depositing cash. Yes, I'm refreshing the rivals list. Yes, Sometimes it will be triggered after I exit and re-enter the game, but usually not. I feel like I need to spend 12hrs a day just trying to trigger bosses to complete 100 on two accounts. This is no longer a game, or even a part-time job. This *game* is becoming an 80hr a week hassle.

I'm really surprised that this change isn't intentional. I was fully expecting to see a 20 gold "trigger a boss immediately" button in the newest version for this event... at which point, there would be another event that I no longer really work at. (case events where I can't past 5, horrible payout LTQs, PvP when I'm not in dire need of bricks)

Love it.^^^

Pointless
03-19-2014, 04:47 PM

I agree with you, it takes most of our time to trigger one boss. And yet GREE does not listen to their customers, bet the triggering rate in Modern War wasn't changed at all.