PDA

View Full Version : New Sticky Idea

Systematrix
03-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Could we have a Sticky, closed thread where the mods/devs can update with the latest build info? That way we can always check here to see the official latest release version.

Thanks.

Jaebee
03-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Good idea, but I wonder if it would really be kept up to date by mods. More than likely, after a few updates, no one would post, so then players would post what they saw instead, which in turn would lead to arguments, discourse, and eventually mayhem...lol ok, maybe not that bad, but you catch my drift.

Systematrix
03-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Haha, yes, it would definitely have to be updated by the mods. It can be updated automatically I'm sure but that's probably too much to ask. Also the date and time of the update or data push would be helpful.

Tardavic
03-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Haha, yes, it would definitely have to be updated by the mods. It can be updated automatically I'm sure but that's probably too much to ask. Also the date and time of the update or data push would be helpful.

We can do this, and I will gladly keep it updated as often as possible, just let me know what all you wish to have posted and I will make a sticky for you.

G Teemo
03-14-2014, 05:14 PM
We can do this, and I will gladly keep it updated as often as possible, just let me know what all you wish to have posted and I will make a sticky for you.

Info about all events on the upcoming cycle, for instance;

* Leaderboard event - Crate event, open 25 crates etc.

Post about all gameplay changes, like the one where you could get attacked more, which was only communicated after a player asked in the forum. I feel like theese this should be obvious to you guys to communicate this with your costumers. You have been better lately though, but its far from good in my opinion.

Mrgreen1
03-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Info about all events on the upcoming cycle, for instance;

* Leaderboard event - Crate event, open 25 crates etc.

Post about all gameplay changes, like the one where you could get attacked more, which was only communicated after a player asked in the forum. I feel like theese this should be obvious to you guys to communicate this with your costumers. You have been better lately though, but its far from good in my opinion.

Yep, i second this..... a list of events that are on the cycle so we can plan real life around the big events!

Systematrix
03-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Just show the data in the About screen in the game: Version, Data Set, and Build. If you could put a date time (PST if you like, I can do the math) of when the update was released or data set was pushed.

I'm getting a second update today already, some of my team mates haven't gotten the first and it would be nice to have this info in one place that is always kept up to date so we know we're on the most current software.

Thanks for the consideration Tardavic! =)

Mrgreen1
03-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Think we mean that we want to know what to expect from an event.....

Tardavic
03-14-2014, 05:55 PM
I see and welcome all suggestions and feedback, but will have to pass this over to the developers for further consideration.

I'll what I can in the meantime.

andy2
03-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Full patch notes of every new data release.

For example:

- New NPCs released/removed
- bugs fixed
- new units to buy
- any aspects of game changed

just a few but essentially whatever you change in the game should be communicated to the players without us having to find out and go on a witch hunt to get an answer. This is a staple of most games and shouldn't be that difficult. I would hope that you already have this internally... some form of release notes.

sstuutss
03-14-2014, 07:43 PM
How about a sticky thread rule that says "I will not start another sticky thread before I remove an old sticky thread".
We are about halfway down the page again!!!!!!
How about a sticky thread for sticky threads?

Why do I even bother?

p.s. Ok 1/3.... they must have ditched a few since I last counted lol

Til Us
03-15-2014, 03:24 AM
i will definitelly be for such options