PDA

View Full Version : [UPDATE] Changes to Guild Wars Prizing

The Wise One
03-14-2014, 01:34 PM
Hello Knights!

We’ve listened and have made changes to the Guild Wars prizing:

Guilds 11-25 ‘s prize has been upgraded from a New Legendary (Redstone Battlegear+) to an Old Epic (Forgestone Aegis) armor!
Gem payouts have been increased for all applicable ranks. In addition, we’ve removed the Gold prize for ranks 11-25 and upgraded them to Gem prizes!

Look for additional upgrades to Guild Wars rewards very soon!

Fight the good fight, Knights!

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/374d0bb5-2cab-40c8-852d-d4747c1fd1dd_zpsc6106d55.png

Revolutionist
03-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Hello Knights!

We’ve listened and have made changes to the Guild Wars prizing:

Guilds 11-25 ‘s prize has been upgraded from a New Legendary (Redstone Battlegear+) to an Old Epic (Forgestone Aegis) armor!
Gem payouts have been increased for all applicable ranks. In addition, we’ve removed the Gold prize for ranks 11-25 and upgraded them to Gem prizes!

Fight the good fight, Knights!

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/374d0bb5-2cab-40c8-852d-d4747c1fd1dd_zpsc6106d55.png

you guys will not regret this. prepare to see your wallets explode. looking forward to those new additional updates coming very soon as well!

Sol Invictus
03-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Holy.
Cow.

The battle for top 25 is INSANE right now.

This means that people are also paying a lot more for 26-50, trying to get into the top 25.
So...considering how this war has been going, wouldn't it follow that future rewards for 26-50 should be better as well?

I know some people will balk at this suggestion, because some of them balked at 11+...but we were right and they were wrong...but perhaps rewards for 26-50 could alternate? One war, Ribbon B will be an old Epic and the next war, Ribbon B will go back to a Legendary+.

If that were to happen, I think it would be a good place to stop. 50+ rewards do not need to be Epics.

Ant venom
03-14-2014, 03:14 PM
I can't seem to get the bender when I click on your link Sol

Ant venom
03-14-2014, 03:16 PM
By the way it's banner not bender

busteroaf
03-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Sol, too early to tell on how the war will play out. Much like with normal Top 10, a guild or 5 always falls off the pace and gives up. Also, I'd wait and see how many actually continue to compete and give it a war or two to play out. One war (that just started) isn't enough to justify changing the rewards yet again.

But hey, if Top 25 keeps it up, good for them. I'll be one of the ones who was wrong.

And Ant... Seriously, learn to use the "Edit Post" button. You sound like you have multiple personalities and are talking to yourself.

bosskiller
03-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Buster is right. There are obviously higher scores in top 25, but most guilds start hard and then falter.

Sent
03-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Holy.
This means that people are also paying a lot more for 26-50, trying to get into the top 25.
So...considering how this war has been going, wouldn't it follow that future rewards for 26-50 should be better as well?

Just like I said earlier, if you change the rewards, people will complain about the next tier rewards. Then they'll change the rewards for 26-50 and 50-100 is going to complain. No more changes.

busteroaf
03-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Just like I said earlier, if you change the rewards, people will complain about the next tier rewards. Then they'll change the rewards for 26-50 and 50-100 is going to complain. No more changes.

Have you seen the comments on the Facebook post?

"Even then it's not really that good of a change. Most of the guilds that make it in the top 50 use gems out the ass. I honestly think an increase in war Energy needs to come. Or at least make it so that your energy fills up in time to fight again. Like I'm the last couple minutes if you fight at the beginning."

"It really should be top 50. Getting 100 is difficult enough...have to have a full guild with people that want to gem"

No no no and no. Top 50 can be done with ZERO gems. Clearly out of touch with how many gems it takes to attain Top 50 scores.

"Dude its all luck. I bought the 24 dollar gem once and opened like 7 chests total including gems I had before. No epic only 2 stars"

$24? 7 Chests. Wow. Baller. Also doesn't know that Epics are quite rare apparently.

No offense Gree(d) but wth happen to the +version? make another special ribbon for #11-13 to get it with +, consider normal rly is ****ty these days, and have #14-25 gaining normal one

Just... So little faith in the player community right now.

Sent
03-14-2014, 05:10 PM
No offense Gree(d) but wth happen to the +version? make another special ribbon for #11-13 to get it with +, consider normal rly is ****ty these days, and have #14-25 gaining normal one

Normal Forgestone is ****ty? I wonder what they think of Blackfrost Raiment then...

Sol Invictus
03-14-2014, 06:45 PM
It has actually been my belief from the start that 11-100 should be better. I made a pic in the 11+ thread showing what I believe rewards should be. I think a good setup would be old Epic+ for Ribbon A and old Epic for Ribbon B.

It has always been up to GREE exactly which Ribbons would see increased rewards.

busteroaf
03-14-2014, 07:21 PM
Really? Gree decides who gets what?

Don't believe you.

Dark Prince
03-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Rewards are Fine ImO

Theodorus
03-14-2014, 08:07 PM
I say it's an improvement. At least if a guild fails gets kick out of top 10 there's still an 'epic' waiting for them at the 11 spot rather than some Legend+ which most of us won't need.

Sol Invictus
03-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Time will also prove me right when the best players from lower-performing guilds start shuffling into top 11-50 guilds for realistically attainable rewards, thus bolstering competition for those spots even further.

I don't need or want your thanks. I'm just happy to have been a part of making the game better...but if you are compelled to express gratitude, I have a PayPal for donations.

:cool:

busteroaf
03-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Time will also prove me right when the best players from lower-performing guilds start shuffling into top 11-50 guilds for realistically attainable rewards, thus bolstering competition for those spots even further.

I don't need or want your thanks. I'm just happy to have been a part of making the game better...but if you are compelled to express gratitude, I have a PayPal for donations.

Um... people have always shuffled from lower-performing guilds to better ones. This isn't due to anything you did. When people finally decide they want to make a move, they will. It just happens that now, they can be happy for settling with Top 25 instead of having to jump to Top 10. So if that is the case, maybe you were a part of it. Way to strive for mediocrity Top 25! You have Sol to thank for a 2nd-10th place epic from ... 8/9 wars ago?

Skittle Stomper
03-15-2014, 03:17 PM

wow...
Just because the other 7th graders think you're cool doesn't mean you actually are...

ps. The game still blows. Let me know when they release some actual new content or fix stripping. Bunch of tools playing & coding this pathetic game.

Blissfully Aware
03-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Very excited to see Gree responding to player input. A lot of great ideas have put out there for them to choose from. I still have my fingers crossed for a new map level but will enjoy this new reward set just the same!

EljayK
03-15-2014, 07:22 PM
It has actually been my belief from the start that 11-100 should be better. I made a pic in the 11+ thread showing what I believe rewards should be. I think a good setup would be old Epic+ for Ribbon A and old Epic for Ribbon B.

It has always been up to GREE exactly which Ribbons would see increased rewards.

So you want the rewards for Ribbon A to be better in stats than the rewards for the tier above it? Forgestone+, with guild boosts, would have better stats than Sol Vanguard. Why. why would that ever be a good idea?

Sent
03-15-2014, 07:33 PM
So you want the rewards for Ribbon A to be better in stats than the rewards for the tier above it? Forgestone+, with guild boosts, would have better stats than Sol Vanguard. Why. why would that ever be a good idea?
Exactly. Forgestone isn't even that outdated yet. I could understand Blazeborne+ being for ranks 11-25 and regular Blazeborne for ranks 26-50, since Sol Vanguard is a mono fire, but not Forgestone.

Revolutionist
03-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Exactly. Forgestone isn't even that outdated yet. I could understand Blazeborne+ being for ranks 11-25 and regular Blazeborne for ranks 26-50, since Sol Vanguard is a mono fire, but not Forgestone.

Totally agree with this. Forgestone plus is not appropriate in this case. Let's not get greedy ourselves

Sol Invictus
03-15-2014, 11:22 PM
I never said Forgestone+

Since GREE is running the show, then..duh, they should obviously be making reward tiers appropriate.

You guys are getting bogged down in minutae. A weird sort of non sequitur minutae.

The guiding principle is commensurate distribution of rewards.
I think most (if not all) of us would agree that #1 shouldn't be the only guild to recieve the newest war Epic, and #1,000 should recieve more than Shiny Shards...so it follows that most (if not all) of us agree, in principle, that the value of rewards should be disributed equitably based on performance.

busteroaf
03-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Well, #1 isn't the only guild to get the newest war Epic. They get the Epic+. And if "most (if not all)" feel that #1 should not be the only ones to get the Epic+, what else do they get for being #1? An extra fusion boost? A few extra gems? All of those items are worthless compared to the Epic+ itself. And most games reward #1 with something to set them apart for, you know... winning and being #1?

I'm just asking.

And no. #1000 actually gets AotIL+. At the present time, #1000 (The 3 Bombs, congrats guys... you get a free plug) is sitting at 43,256. Top 25 (Dragons Fang) is at 2,590,661. If it is a 40 player guild, avg points = 64766, almost 1.5x the entire guild score of rank 1000. And you think AotIL+ is a bad prize comparatively? Based on performance, the fact there are over 6600 guilds getting prizes of some sort, basically a "hey, you logged in, declared, and hit a wall" participation prizes, I'd say they're pretty fair.

Lazzo
03-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Alot of potential in this game through additions and modifications to accompany the changing of times within the game.

Please ADD:
Removal of player in guild wars that does not receive the reward. Many leeches out there, keep the game honest and ethical.

I look forward to seeing changes made in the future ;)

Thank you
Top 10 member Rainbow Party(ios)

El1ta
03-31-2014, 01:59 PM
you guys will not regret this. prepare to see your wallets explode. looking forward to those new additional updates coming very soon as well!

This is just a mean thing to say.

The poor employees at Gree have to "happily" support a game who no one on the upper eschelons gives a crap about, watching us poor saps throw thousands of dollars into nothing, & you act like their measly salaries will actually be affected?

Such naïveté.

Dark Prince
03-31-2014, 03:22 PM
This is just a mean thing to say.

The poor employees at Gree have to "happily" support a game who no one on the upper eschelons gives a crap about, watching us poor saps throw thousands of dollars into nothing, & you act like their measly salaries will actually be affected?

Such naïveté.

This is Elitas Alt account for freedom of speech :p

ZerotheHero
03-31-2014, 11:49 PM
*Cough Cough* So what ever happened to those additional reward updates coming "very soon", Wise One? Just wondering.

El1ta
04-01-2014, 06:55 AM

Originally posted on 3/14....
If you think 2 weeks is what Gree considers "soon" then you're adorable.

ZerotheHero
04-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Originally posted on 3/14....
If you think 2 weeks is what Gree considers "soon" then you're adorable.

Aww thanks! But I just brought it up to see what sort of reaction I'd get. I promise I'm not that naive ;)

El1ta
04-01-2014, 06:47 PM
New war rewards are useless. Gree is one of the only companies not translating games yet they refuse to just make new content? Hell, KA/MW/CC are still getting unique LTQs every month as far as I know? They walked away from Kandy & our skeleton crew of developers has no way of churning out anything real when they're being crushed by the status quo & corporate pyramid infrastructure.
War rewards? Maybe I'll care when there's a Raid Boss Leaderboard. Or even an ingame banner of past war winners, LIKE EVERY OTHER GREE GAME HAS.
War rewards?
No, what we need is an Android only K&D forum.