PDA

View Full Version : Skill reset button deliberately not given

Ferr
03-14-2014, 06:02 AM
As it would instantly and substatially reduce revenues on short term basis (inside info).

Lancerdually
03-14-2014, 06:19 AM
Not an insider here, but have suspected this for a long time, as with many other aspects of this games functions.
Thank you Ferr

steelhead
03-14-2014, 08:23 AM
As it would instantly and substatially reduce revenues on short term basis (inside info).

Did you declare war to a certain game company? Lol

JerseyGirl
03-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Ferr you are using unknown words to little kids, to look smarter, LOL.

CJ54
03-14-2014, 11:10 AM

Not the reason. I'm not sure that anybody knows what the short-term or long-term effects of the implementation of skill point resets would be; it is something that would likely depend on the implementation method and is hard to predict in terms of both behavior and enjoyment. It comes up with some regularity in discussion of implementation of new features, but the reluctance is based around the aforementioned uncertainty more than anything else, along with the stuff outlined below.

A couple of things we know:

-They can't be free and available all the time. That's one of those things that sounds great in practice but rapidly lead to more boredom, kind of like godmode. I don't know why; it might have something to do with psychological investment in one's base/character or such as an actual entity in some way, but even games that have no stake whatsoever in people changing their build/stat points/skill points tend to put a limiter on the mechanic. Short version: free-for-all = people stop playing faster or don't actually enjoy themselves as much.

-If we slap a gold price on it, that puts additional gold spender vs. non-gold spender imbalance into things. This is less true in MW than some of the other games, but the ability to swap stats around at will is still potentially a pretty big advantage (moreso than getting a really good reward unit, over time). That was actually the original reason we never put the feature into any of the games as a mechanic; back in the early days of Crime City, being able to swap energy vs. stamina vs. attack/defense at will would have been a HUGE advantage. Again, this is potentially less so now.

Additionally, there is some serious reluctance to muck around with skill point resets after the debacle in the Facebook version of Crime City a couple of years ago. We gave out a one-time skill reset to everyone in the game, and that led to about 300 tickets a day from people asking/begging/demanding further skill point resets and a LOT of associated unhappiness in the playerbase that would never have happened if we had not done that at all. This leads to some level of reluctance on time-locked skill point resets (i.e. once a month) or one-time skill point resets, which is another potential thing that has been floated as an option that avoids some of the above concerns.

So, the short version is that the actual result would be uncertain, the implementation method isn't intuitive, AND we had a major problem from them previously. That's why there's currently no skill point reset mechanic in the game. Right now, you make the choices that you do in regards to skills, you play with what you have, and the differences aren't so great that one "build" is just obviously better than everything else. If we add a new feature to the game that hugely changes the effects of points spent in one skill or another, we will probably revisit. But until then it is probably not something that is going to happen.

Evil Mastermind
03-14-2014, 11:35 AM
CJ -

You stated that it would be revisited if an event was added that was largely effected by skill point distribution. So why was it not revisited when LTQs and FLTQs were implemented? Energy requirements for those events are specifically tied to skill point allocation.

Or maybe I'm wrong?

Evil M. ;)

CJ54
03-14-2014, 12:48 PM
CJ -

You stated that it would be revisited if an event was added that was largely effected by skill point distribution. So why was it not revisited when LTQs and FLTQs were implemented? Energy requirements for those events are specifically tied to skill point allocation.

Or maybe I'm wrong?

Evil M. ;)

It was discussed at the time, but we decided to hold off and see if it became necessary after the initial balancing was done.

bruner
03-14-2014, 01:22 PM
I can understand the logic behind you thinking CJ, but you have changed the mechanics of the game in a way that now makes skill points much more valuable in energy or stamina, and less valuable or maybe even worthless as attack or defense. When I first started the game attack and defense may have been just as important as energy. But with stat inflation, attack and defense are just worthless. Everyone now realizes that it is a waste to put skill points in attack and defense, so we are just asking you to level out the playing field for long time players.

Ferr
03-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Not the reason. I'm not sure that anybody knows what the short-term or long-term effects of the implementation of skill point resets would be; it is something that would likely depend on the implementation method and is hard to predict in terms of both behavior and enjoyment. It comes up with some regularity in discussion of implementation of new features, but the reluctance is based around the aforementioned uncertainty more than anything else, along with the stuff outlined below.

A couple of things we know:

-They can't be free and available all the time. That's one of those things that sounds great in practice but rapidly lead to more boredom, kind of like godmode. I don't know why; it might have something to do with psychological investment in one's base/character or such as an actual entity in some way, but even games that have no stake whatsoever in people changing their build/stat points/skill points tend to put a limiter on the mechanic. Short version: free-for-all = people stop playing faster or don't actually enjoy themselves as much.

-If we slap a gold price on it, that puts additional gold spender vs. non-gold spender imbalance into things. This is less true in MW than some of the other games, but the ability to swap stats around at will is still potentially a pretty big advantage (moreso than getting a really good reward unit, over time). That was actually the original reason we never put the feature into any of the games as a mechanic; back in the early days of Crime City, being able to swap energy vs. stamina vs. attack/defense at will would have been a HUGE advantage. Again, this is potentially less so now.

Additionally, there is some serious reluctance to muck around with skill point resets after the debacle in the Facebook version of Crime City a couple of years ago. We gave out a one-time skill reset to everyone in the game, and that led to about 300 tickets a day from people asking/begging/demanding further skill point resets and a LOT of associated unhappiness in the playerbase that would never have happened if we had not done that at all. This leads to some level of reluctance on time-locked skill point resets (i.e. once a month) or one-time skill point resets, which is another potential thing that has been floated as an option that avoids some of the above concerns.

So, the short version is that the actual result would be uncertain, the implementation method isn't intuitive, AND we had a major problem from them previously. That's why there's currently no skill point reset mechanic in the game. Right now, you make the choices that you do in regards to skills, you play with what you have, and the differences aren't so great that one "build" is just obviously better than everything else. If we add a new feature to the game that hugely changes the effects of points spent in one skill or another, we will probably revisit. But until then it is probably not something that is going to happen.

CJ, you either have no idea or the many words are what they are: Bs (pardon me)
Yours,

Jaebee
03-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Yet another way GREE has punished long time/high level players. Many of us started and were led to believe we needed to have skill points in the attack and defense columns in order to be well rounded. I myself had over 200 pts in both def/attack each long before FLTQs were introduced. If I suddenly (and other players in a similar situation) suddenly had an extra 4k energy, then yes it would mean less gold buying. So I wholeheartedly agree with Ferr. Some of the decision making process about all this, by the powers that be, had to have been along these lines, as the proof is in the pudding with all the other recent happenings. More and more events, requiring more and more gold...this clearly shows that there is a one track mind running things. Here's a hint...$$$$$$

I C STUFF
03-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Yet another way GREE has punished long time/high level players. Many of us started and were led to believe we needed to have skill points in the attack and defense columns in order to be well rounded. I myself had over 200 pts in both def/attack each long before FLTQs were introduced. If I suddenly (and other players in a similar situation) suddenly had an extra 4k energy, then yes it would mean less gold buying. So I wholeheartedly agree with Ferr. Some of the decision making process about all this, by the powers that be, had to have been along these lines, as the proof is in the pudding with all the other recent happenings. More and more events, requiring more and more gold...this clearly shows that there is a one track mind running things. Here's a hint...$$$$$$

Well said, very clear explanation.
Why would anyone quibble with your logic?
Personally, whatever happens, happens.
I don't expect to see much unity on these points, but I'll do my part.

Speed ump
03-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Here's the skinny guys. If you don't already know, the attack and deff points made a big diff early on in the game. Energy was of limited use in the game. Then gree began handing out huge stat units from the map missions( where ferr originally became so strong) then they began events where energy was of more importance. They made changes to attack and raid values, in addition to how much affect the attack and deff skill points gave. Based in current data, you would max all your points to energy. We all gain an advantage, right? Wrong. All that would happen is that total energy required for events would be increased to compensate. Then more changes would be implemented where maybe attack and deff mattered again. I doubt it, but I also don't have a crystal ball to tell. Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

Systematrix
03-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Here's the skinny guys. If you don't already know, the attack and deff points made a big diff early on in the game. Energy was of limited use in the game. Then gree began handing out huge stat units from the map missions( where ferr originally became so strong) then they began events where energy was of more importance. They made changes to attack and raid values, in addition to how much affect the attack and deff skill points gave. Based in current data, you would max all your points to energy. We all gain an advantage, right? Wrong. All that would happen is that total energy required for events would be increased to compensate. Then more changes would be implemented where maybe attack and deff mattered again. I doubt it, but I also don't have a crystal ball to tell. Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

I wish they would make atk/def skills relevant again. I have 140 atk and 165 def!!! I read somewhere (may not be true) that the formula was to take base attack score + atk skill pts * 10.
1400 points adds nothing to an attack score in the millions.

CJ54
03-14-2014, 02:26 PM
CJ, you either have no idea or the many words are what they are: Bs (pardon me)
Yours,

With respect, I've been here for every discussion that we have had on this all the way back to the issue in Crime City FB that I mentioned. It's not about direct revenue, it is about the problems balancing what the change would actually cause. You are free to have a different opinion, but that different opinion happens to be incorrect in this case.

Jaebee
03-14-2014, 02:29 PM

There's a slight flaw with that thinking though Speed. Players who were NOT already high level (many not even created at that point) when FLTQs were brought on, had the distinct advantage of knowing where to put all their skill points when leveling. As I said, this is another one that affects more the long time, high level guys. Those of us who were already > Lv 200 or so at the advent of FLTQs, have absolutely been at a disadvantage. I would bet there are many level 100-150 guys who have a total energy that is equal or greater than mine, and I'm twice their level. I know I'm not the only one here.

Also, I would agree they (A/D skill points) made a slight difference, but don't think it was a "big" difference, even way back when.

I C STUFF
03-14-2014, 02:35 PM
There's a slight flaw with that thinking though Speed. Players who were NOT already high level (many not even created at that point) when FLTQs were brought on, had the distinct advantage of knowing where to put all their skill points when leveling. As I said, this is another one that affects more the long time, high level guys. Those of us who were already > Lv 200 or so at the advent of FLTQs, have absolutely been at a disadvantage. I would bet there are many level 100-150 guys who have a total energy that is equal or greater than mine, and I'm twice their level. I know I'm not the only one here.

Also, I would agree they (A/D skill points) made a slight difference, but don't think it was a "big" difference, even way back when.

Oh, I've seen players that possessed EXCESSIVE amounts of skill points, as in a million.
It made a difference.

Jaebee
03-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Oh, I've seen players that possessed EXCESSIVE amounts of skill points, as in a million.
It made a difference.

Lol, that's a whole other issue though now isn't it.

I like how CJ didn't really revisit that part about MW, bringing up CC instead...lol

CJ54
03-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Lol, that's a whole other issue though now isn't it.

I like how CJ didn't really revisit that part about MW, bringing up CC instead...lol

It's retreading ground that we've addressed before (as is the whole skill point reset issue). I mentioned the problems in the other game because they are relevant to why we don't have resets in ANY game. Further, your reasoning regarding new player vs. old player (which I am not saying does not have a point) was exactly the argument that convinced us to create a skill point reset in the other game, to aforementioned disastrous results.

So here's the question: if we DID add skill point resets to the game, what would the ideal result look like taking into account the balancing issues (including the one that Speed brought up)? If there's some constructive ideas in this regard that would be helpful, but in previous conversations there hasn't even been a consensus among the players about the best form this would take, which generally indicates a legitimately thorny problem.

Pidgeot
03-14-2014, 03:05 PM
It's retreading ground that we've addressed before (as is the whole skill point reset issue). I mentioned the problems in the other game because they are relevant to why we don't have resets in ANY game. Further, your reasoning regarding new player vs. old player (which I am not saying does not have a point) was exactly the argument that convinced us to create a skill point reset in the other game, to aforementioned disastrous results.

So here's the question: if we DID add skill point resets to the game, what would the ideal result look like taking into account the balancing issues (including the one that Speed brought up)? If there's some constructive ideas in this regard that would be helpful, but in previous conversations there hasn't even been a consensus among the players about the best form this would take, which generally indicates a legitimately thorny problem.

The part of being a developer is not trying to have EVERY angle covered. Not sure if you heard this term before but MW has a Metagame. The current meta is to just have Energy and that it. Why? because theres such a huge difference in attack and defense scores that those points dont matter. We also dont know how attack and defense skill points work, also another reason we rather dump into energy and stamina.

We need skill point resets and need it to work perfectly, without any skill points loss. The ones Im worried about are the ones for mastering a map. Just make the game and let the players play it. If you find any imbalance (like what exist now), you fix it. Instead of making new events and putting them out, fix the current ones.

Ferr
03-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Jezus christ, not many times I use such words. This will fall upon you CJ. You lie or You are not in the loop on internal Gree discussions. Demand that you are if the latter is the case or shut up if the first is the case.

Jaebee
03-14-2014, 03:06 PM

Well, for me there are a few issues. Since I think we can all agree that attack and defense points (now in the age of million stats players) are pretty much useless, one potential fix would be to make them useful. Maybe as a multiplier of your stats or something to that effect. Problem is, then the energy heavy guys would complain.

So that being said, and since you guys do have a way to check skill point totals (aforementioned problems were resolved after all), there could be a one time adjustment for all players. With the expressed point by GREE that this is a one time deal, so pick carefully. Making sure you used splash screens, etc so players not active here on the forums still got the message loud and clear. Maybe similar to the time change/server going down messages last week.

And if you guys plan to make the attack and defense points relevant again at some point, include that information in the one time opportunity message. That way you can refer back to said message, when FLTQs go away, and everything is suddenly PvP based...lol

The real root of this problem (in my opinion) goes back to the theme you've been hearing since the latest boss event. This game, for whatever the reason, punishes those players who have played a long time and leveled up to the high levels. Allowing players with all these skill points to move them around once, doesn't punish anyone. The lower level guys can't complain that they don't have enough skill points. Well, they probably could complain, but it would be baseless. If they want more skill points, quit camping.

andy2
03-14-2014, 03:11 PM
How about just making all the uses for skill points relevant again, and providing an actual explanation as to what the attack/defense skill points do. Yes, if you offered a rest now all of the points would go to energy with maybe a few to stamina because that is all that is worthwhile. However if the attack/defense points were actually worth something again the older players with lots of skill points in these categories wouldn't be suffering from such a radical game change as much.

buckshot
03-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Heres an idea. Instead of letting us reset our stats, remove the attack/defence bonus and add a health regen bonus and building output to replace them and allow us to use the refunded points where we want.

Dazzj10
03-14-2014, 04:39 PM
-If we slap a gold price on it, that puts additional gold spender vs. non-gold spender imbalance into things.

And when exactly did this start bothering gree

Speed ump
03-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Dazz, what's your idea of the perfect solution. One that everyone will be happy with. Good luck with that. It's gold spenders against non gold, it's streak teams vs full teams, it's high levels, vs campers.its me vs you, light vs dark. No matter what's done, some one will feel they are the ones being dumped on. As a note, I make mention that a free player is not a paying customer. I don't know many businesses that devote much if any effort to non spenders. In this case it's part of the business model. You have to have volume too. Some of that volume may spend at some point.

Evil Mastermind
03-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Everyone wants a viable solution. Of course I have it. No one should have issue with my proposal...after all it's the perfect idea ;) GREE may have opposition cause it would actually involve a little programming to implement.

The solution is very simple. Make the skill point resets based on achieving the following "magic" levels. Resets occur at L100, L200, and L300 (every 100 levels in case cap is raised) For anyone at L300 currently, it would be an automatic reset as soon as the programmed update was released. GREE, you want an easy solution to make everyone happy.....well there it is, handed to you on a silver platter. You want a reset...you work for it and level up to get it. Leveling up is always a hindrance in this game. Why not make one simple adjustment that actually rewards a player for leveling up.

You can thank me now or later. Either one is fine with me.

Cheers,
Evil M. ;)

Speed ump
03-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Em, not a bad idea at all. Not perfect ( what plan is) but very good nevertheless. Part of what cj is saying, once you allow it, in any form, people will argue why they should be the exception, and give what they feel is just cause.

Evil Mastermind
03-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Em, not a bad idea at all. Not perfect ( what plan is) but very good nevertheless. Part of what cj is saying, once you allow it, in any form, people will argue why they should be the exception, and give what they feel is just cause.

I understand all the points. But by making it part of the construct of the game and making players "earn" the reset, it solves every single issue that CJ mentioned. So ya...I say it's perfect! ;)

Speed ump
03-14-2014, 05:27 PM
If you don't say so yourself,lol.

Evil Mastermind
03-14-2014, 05:29 PM
If you don't say so yourself,lol.

I thought you'd appreciate that one. Lol

Jaebee
03-14-2014, 05:34 PM

Taking account of what you mentioned earlier (about the tickets in CC when you did it there), here's my solution.

Give everyone a one time (free) deal to reshuffle all or half (I'd prefer all, but whatever you guys think is reasonable) on a limited time basis. Ensure plenty of advanced notice happens here and on splash screens, etc. After that for the few people who screwed the pooch, and might send in tickets, or for others who just feel like changing them again, offer it like you do name changes. Maybe 20 points per 50 gold, or make it even more expensive since everyone would have had their freebie chance already.

Socks
03-14-2014, 05:39 PM

Because if there's one thing this company cares about most, it's parity between the gold users and the non-gold users. We aren't stupid, we can see how this company operates, and it's in direct conflict with what you're trying to say.

Maestro
03-14-2014, 08:35 PM
The GREE game " beyond the dead" allows skill points to be redistributed for a cost of 50 gold (if I remember right)
I don't remember if this was only Able to do once a week or unlimited. If it hurts MW to have this function why does a newer gree game allow it?

sstuutss
03-14-2014, 09:03 PM
And when exactly did this start bothering gree
lol

I would suggest allowing people to move 10* points a week, gold free**. That way you couldn't hop from one setup to another quickly enough to be useful between events. Then if and when Gree changes things again, players can(all be it slowly) change their setup to suit.

But! given Grees history of faultless implementation of pretty much anything they touch......... I'd vote for leaving it alone.

*or insert anyother smallish number that takes your fancy
** no quicker gold option

Jaebee
03-14-2014, 09:06 PM
The GREE game " beyond the dead" allows skill points to be redistributed for a cost of 50 gold (if I remember right)
I don't remember if this was only Able to do once a week or unlimited. If it hurts MW to have this function why does a newer gree game allow it?

Great point, this reminded me that Legends at War aka Dragon Realms also allows skill point change for the equivalent of 50 gold. I've never done it there, so I'm unsure how often you can or can't do it...but it is certainly doable. And that's another GREE game that has it in the programming so shouldn't be a huge deal to incorporate here.

DFI
03-14-2014, 10:00 PM
CJ, just give us a free reset, then charge us 50 for each subsequent reset. The solution isn't too hard. You don't see people griping that they need to pay 50 each time they change their name. With respect to the concern about gold and non gold players, come on, this is a pay for play game. We have given up long ago that their should be fairness. So I hope you guys aren't spending endless hours internally debating this. Just do what I have said and I am sure people would be happy. You won't get any tickets as you need to pay 50 to do it again. If some complete moron should contact you about another free reset, just have a ready made response that you always use for all of the other problems. :cool:

buckshot
03-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Dazz, what's your idea of the perfect solution. One that everyone will be happy with. Good luck with that. It's gold spenders against non gold, it's streak teams vs full teams, it's high levels, vs campers.its me vs you, light vs dark. No matter what's done, some one will feel they are the ones being dumped on. As a note, I make mention that a free player is not a paying customer. I don't know many businesses that devote much if any effort to non spenders. In this case it's part of the business model. You have to have volume too. Some of that volume may spend at some point.

Free players don't spend money but don't think for one second Gree doesn't make any money off them. Your kidding yourself if you do

buckshot
03-14-2014, 10:50 PM
With respect, I've been here for every discussion that we have had on this all the way back to the issue in Crime City FB that I mentioned. It's not about direct revenue, it is about the problems balancing what the change would actually cause. You are free to have a different opinion, but that different opinion happens to be incorrect in this case.

really CJ? Gree is the reason for the imbalance. It has no control anymore of the two headed monster it has created. This game is so flawed on so many different levels it isn't funny.

Crammer
03-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Just for clarity,
Could you describe how you would distribute your skills points if allowed to redistribute? Would you distribute them in like manner for a new player? I hear everyone say they should go to energy, but I would like to hear it from you. Would it matter if your energy regen was less than +10? Are you speaking only to gold spenders who are likely +20 or better?

Jaebee
03-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Just for clarity,
Could you describe how you would distribute your skills points if allowed to redistribute? Would you distribute them in like manner for a new player? I hear everyone say they should go to energy, but I would like to hear it from you. Would it matter if your energy regen was less than +10? Are you speaking only to gold spenders who are likely +20 or better?
I have +16 energy/min which is probably more than the vast majority of players. I also have over 200 skill point in both attack and defense. So for personally, yes I would redistribute the vast majority of those points in A/D over to energy. Right now it take about 3hrs for my total energy to fill up from zero. So for example, every night I'm losing 5-6k energy (if I had the room for it).

Currently this game is heavy on energy events compared to other events. I would keep my 50 stamina so I'd be ready for any PvP events. But since attack and defense points are all but useless now, that could be over 4000 more energy I'd have available if allowed to redistribute.

Jman
03-15-2014, 09:04 AM
How about the skill resets are given as a 0 att 0 def war reward for top 5000 factions (yes add an extra tier at the end) every 2 wars? Then when you want to reset your skill points you lose the unit and can start fresh and allocate where ever you want. This would make it available to most players but require a bare minimum activity (basically so they don't accumulate infinitely on dead accounts) and encourage the new factions to work a little harder so they can get the skill point reset and eventually move up and get better and better rewards (read: more profit for gree).

Jesse21
03-15-2014, 09:54 AM
How about the skill resets are given as a 0 att 0 def war reward for top 5000 factions (yes add an extra tier at the end) every 2 wars? Then when you want to reset your skill points you lose the unit and can start fresh and allocate where ever you want. This would make it available to most players but require a bare minimum activity (basically so they don't accumulate infinitely on dead accounts) and encourage the new factions to work a little harder so they can get the skill point reset and eventually move up and get better and better rewards (read: more profit for gree).

I like this idea

Jaebee
03-15-2014, 10:47 AM
If they were to keep to form with some of their other titles that DO have skill point resets, it would cost 50 gold. Certainly an acceptable price, and one most should be able to either afford or use tap joy gold to get it done.

nathanchen79
03-15-2014, 11:13 AM

Since you guys had been through the same issue in other game.... Two years ago??? Then why bother even raise this issue and gave us hope ? After all, this will not happen in the first place, as you mentioned, been done two years ago, in other game and Created more problems! Fine~ Please don't give us some hope if such a thing is not gonna happen, thanks

Jayen
03-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Would like to reset them anyway....

03-15-2014, 12:00 PM
All I truly want to do is get rid of my attack and defense skills that don't work and put them some were they will

Creadtexas
03-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Do y'all ever get tired of the constant complaining and all the false accusations players always make?

Jaebee
03-15-2014, 12:21 PM
CJ,

You asked a question, and with the exception of one or two trolls, some good points and solutions have been offered up here. Don't stop the back and forth now.

Thanks

BigTex87
03-15-2014, 01:27 PM
The easy solution is to just make the skill points on attack/defense matter. The bait and switch is being told that they do something...that may have been true before the stat inflation but now they are just as worthless as all the defense buildings I wasted time on. Right now i have a bunch of worthless points on A/D...I would prefer the additional strategy of making them matter rather than a reset. With a reset everyone will just be moving the points to energy to save gold use on LTQ's and GREE will just increase the energy needed on LTQ's to make up for the lost revenue from the reset. We know that GREE is not going to do anything that will reduce gold spending. They can at least try to bring back choices and strategy to building a strong character rather than just the pure gold stat buying game it is becoming.

Bobar
03-15-2014, 04:05 PM
i liked this clear statement. wont be. sounds ok. everyone should deal with it.

sstuutss
03-15-2014, 04:57 PM
hows them crickets. must be the weekend.

DFI
03-15-2014, 05:41 PM
The easy solution is to just make the skill points on attack/defense matter. The bait and switch is being told that they do something...that may have been true before the stat inflation but now they are just as worthless as all the defense buildings I wasted time on. Right now i have a bunch of worthless points on A/D...I would prefer the additional strategy of making them matter rather than a reset. With a reset everyone will just be moving the points to energy to save gold use on LTQ's and GREE will just increase the energy needed on LTQ's to make up for the lost revenue from the reset. We know that GREE is not going to do anything that will reduce gold spending. They can at least try to bring back choices and strategy to building a strong character rather than just the pure gold stat buying game it is becoming.

Agree. So either provide the reset or make them matter again. You told us they mattered, which is why we invested in them. To make them worthless because you couldn't stop your own game from being hacked isn't fair or right.

The Pharoah
03-16-2014, 04:28 AM
Yeah, look, the level up rewards need to be reviewed entirely.

The only thing that anyone gives a damn about now is energy, because the ltq energy demands are getting ridiculous now.

Stamina is irrelevant because no-one spends all day hammering away raiding and fighting - there's simply nothing in it for them, except unlocking rank-dependent valour units that are irrelevant for long-time players.

Skill points have such an ethereal effect on the game that no-one bothers with them any more.

How about giving out a random indestructible bonus unit each time a player levels up? Something from a pool like:

Infantry Attack increase
Infantry Defence increase
Ground Attack increase
Ground Defence increase
Air Attack increase
Air Defence increase
Sea Attack increase
Sea Defence increase
Base Defence increase
Building Output increase
Building Cost increase
Casualty Reduction
Energy Regen increase
Battle Health increase

The increase could be tiered to prevent llp and n00bs becoming monsters, and keep longer-term players interested and motivated in levelling up. Make it a good thing again!