PDA

View Full Version : All bonusses you fought for in the past are lost

Ferr
03-14-2014, 05:37 AM
I received a question, the answer of which may not be known to all. Those units with low stats but with nice boosts are lost if they are not brought to battle.
Yours

Wingman GRI
03-14-2014, 05:41 AM
I received a question, the answer of which may not be known to all. Those units with low stats but with nice boosts are lost if they are not brought to battle.
Yours

Then the situation is ever worse then many of us thought.

I C STUFF
03-14-2014, 05:45 AM
Yours

I'm surprised that information isn't that widely known.
It explains the increase in the trinkets with stats of 250,000/325,000.
Trojan Horse, Helen of Troy come to mind...

Ferr
03-14-2014, 05:57 AM

I thought i had mentioned this before but could not find it on forum. Could have been an e mail. Anyways, it is pretty bad as those trinkets were rather expensive and fiercely fought for.

SHARMOUT
03-14-2014, 06:18 AM

Unless you don't have alliance attack bonus then this will effect many. Extra alliance attack bonus allows more units in battle even though you only see top 3000 units. Hopefully for some, those little bonus units will be included in their alliance attack bonus.

This will suck even more for those who purchased butt loads of le units. LOL

Lancerdually
03-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Can not count the times I have asked those I know and respect the information from, what exactly the Alliance Attack bonus does for us.

I C STUFF
03-14-2014, 06:22 AM
Unless you don't have alliance attack bonus then this will effect many. Extra alliance attack bonus allows more units in battle even though you only see top 3000 units. Hopefully for some, those little bonus units will be included in their alliance attack bonus.

It should, but will it affect everyone?
You just never know.

Dansgek
03-14-2014, 06:25 AM
Well my lower upgrade cost and health regen units (which are not in my army) are still working.

Ferr
03-14-2014, 06:28 AM
Well my lower upgrade cost and health regen units (which are not in my army) are still working.
Go back to 1 ally and check again

Wingman GRI
03-14-2014, 06:29 AM

LOL you mean those sets. Pay 2 get 3. You would say a good deal right :-)

RetiredAndHappy
03-14-2014, 06:36 AM
Does that mean you would have to dump all units inbetween to force them back into your army? I noticed during the beta that I showed a good number of units with bonuses not in my army

PRY
03-14-2014, 06:39 AM
I would like confirmation to this from Gree. And if true should be fixed ASAP. Much Cash spent on this game by all to lose bonuses.

Scot
03-14-2014, 06:42 AM
Funny that so many believe all things Ferr says, even when he doesn't have a clue what hes talking about.

sstuutss
03-14-2014, 06:44 AM
I would like confirmation to this from Gree.
Best of luck with that

lemonhaze
03-14-2014, 06:54 AM
i still have energy regan from the pharoah submarine and it still works and my HR time works..just bc it dont make it to the army in battle does not mean that it will not still add to overall bonus..just like the Upgrade 2 builds is a 900/1300 ground unit called APC Fushion and it still works so im not sure what u mean they dont work ferr? mine are working fine even if they arent in battle wit me

mickymacirl
03-14-2014, 07:02 AM
Na, bonus units still count.

lemonhaze
03-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Na, bonus units still count.ya bc i know for sure mine still working lol i think ferr just trying to cause a RIOT or he truly dont understand how they work

I C STUFF
03-14-2014, 07:29 AM
If you had access to that special thingy thing you'd know that Ferr is right. The thingy showed you stuff, if you took time to look.

Ferr never said ALL bonuses don't work. He said ALL aren't being used when you do stuff.

mickymacirl
03-14-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm fully aware of which unit's I bring to battle, maybe ferr should change the thread title from "
All bonusses you fought for in the past are lost" to "Some of the bonusses you fought for in the past are lost" if you claim that's the case.

Ferr
03-14-2014, 07:41 AM
Guys, i am back to 1 ally. I can see exactly that certain bonusses do not work now.man example : when I attack, your defense should lower with 6 allies as I have two units that each lower 3 allies on your side. That does not happen if i go to 1 ally.

lemonhaze
03-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Guys, i am back to 1 ally. I can see exactly that certain bonusses do not work now.man example : when I attack, your defense should lower with 6 allies as I have two units that each lower 3 allies on your side. That does not happen if i go to 1 ally.

hmm i see what ur mean now ferr..even with 1 ally it should still count as a bonus then..i know u are only brining in 6 units and its ur highest 6 but the other bonus should stilll work even tho they are not in the top 3000

Ferr
03-14-2014, 07:53 AM
hmm i see what ur mean now ferr..even with 1 ally it should still count as a bonus then..i know u are only brining in 6 units and its ur highest 6 but the other bonus should stilll work even tho they are not in the top 3000
Quite true. Could you do me a favor and do the following. Make a screenshot of all you bonusses. Then lower allies to 1. Log out and make another screenshot and compare. Would love to do it myself but i just went down to 1 ally and since i am retired, enjoying the sun in cannes (mipim) i refuse to go through this hassle again.

Sheldor Sir
03-14-2014, 07:54 AM
so if unit not in your top 3k (or more if you have alliance atk the bonus doesn't count have i got that right? If so even more reason for Gree to sort out inventory i haven't time (or inclination) to wade through 15+K trying to work out which are which(apart from top 45)

free play
03-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Yours

This maybe a silly question but how exactly do you know what's your top 3000 units, I've never seen a direct answer and hear it all the time. All I know us that when I get a reward my stats are still going up, I've about 14k units,

So can some one explain this top 3000 units,

Apart from how gree works I think it's the last mystery in the game for me

PRY
03-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Best of luck with that

Right, Exactly, don't think this is true though

justsomedood5
03-14-2014, 12:54 PM

I see what you're saying here but I don't necessarily interpret it to mean that prior bonuses are lost just because those units don't make your top 3,000. For example, it could be some weird (and admittedly incorrect) programming logic that says you can only use x-number of bonuses per ally brought into battle (e.g., 6). Maybe check with 100 allies and see whether any of the bonuses are clearly still missing?

lemonhaze
03-14-2014, 02:59 PM
This maybe a silly question but how exactly do you know what's your top 3000 units, I've never seen a direct answer and hear it all the time. All I know us that when I get a reward my stats are still going up, I've about 14k units,

So can some one explain this top 3000 units,

Apart from how gree works I think it's the last mystery in the game for me

is that last beta test it actaully showed u in RED what was in ur army and what wasnt..im sure everone will have to wait till the release of full on assault is released for everone to see it tho

Cow
03-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Also remember the same units are not brought in for attacking vs defending if I remember correctly. So I am guessing you will have more than 3k in your army based on this. Even though the 500/500 units were in your army you still have say 600/450 units in your army cause attack is more than 500

CJ54
03-14-2014, 03:12 PM
If this is not showing consistent behavior, then it is a bug with the specific units and we can put it in the fix pipeline. If anyone has specifics (an item name for something that does not look like it is working, I'm assuming Ferr is talking about the Echo Leader and/or the Central Fleet Command) that would help target where to look.

andy2
03-14-2014, 03:19 PM
If this is not showing consistent behavior, then it is a bug with the specific units and we can put it in the fix pipeline. If anyone has specifics (an item name for something that does not look like it is working, I'm assuming Ferr is talking about the Echo Leader and/or the Central Fleet Command) that would help target where to look.

good luck to anyone knowing specific stats or units and whether they are used in their army or not. It has been asked for years to have some sort of sorting feature on your units and we still do not have one. Nobody can feasibly go through the thousands of units and determine this.

Ferr
03-14-2014, 03:23 PM

CJ, there is no way we can do this and you know that. Sub par game with more patches than bites remember. Your employer has overestimating what he can get away with too long.

CJ54
03-14-2014, 03:40 PM
good luck to anyone knowing specific stats or units and whether they are used in their army or not. It has been asked for years to have some sort of sorting feature on your units and we still do not have one. Nobody can feasibly go through the thousands of units and determine this.

I meant if they see a bonus not working at any point, which is easier to spot in a lot of cases. Not whether or not a unit is in-army or not.

andy2
03-14-2014, 03:43 PM
I meant if they see a bonus not working at any point, which is easier to spot in a lot of cases. Not whether or not a unit is in-army or not.

The entire premise of the thread is based upon whether bonuses stop working if they are attached to units which are not used in your army any longer

Speed ump
03-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Ferr I believe the effect you are seeing is because of your one ally. I'm sure they never considered anyone trying to actually fight at one ally, and gave no thought to the interaction of the bonuses at that count. I noticed in the past when I dropped to one ally ( way back when, to look for someone else who did that same) I noticed the same effect for some of mu units with boosts.

DTA-HOG
03-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Yours

There is a not so simple solution to this. With the new event headed our way, assault, you can give up your troops that are stronger than the tiny unit that you are worried about. Now that I say this, the event will probably run one time so get rid of those lemons while you have a chance.

Ferr
03-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Ferr I believe the effect you are seeing is because of your one ally. I'm sure they never considered anyone trying to actually fight at one ally, and gave no thought to the interaction of the bonuses at that count. I noticed in the past when I dropped to one ally ( way back when, to look for someone else who did that same) I noticed the same effect for some of mu units with boosts.

I wish that was true. I am back up to 10 allies and have same result. They dont work.

CJ54
03-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Follow-up: We tested the "opponents use less allies" by dropping allies till it was out of used units, and had both accounts open. The boost works just fine. If anyone has further solid evidence of bonuses not working when it is not in-army, let us know and we will address, but the stated example from earlier in this thread is working when not in army.

EDIT: fixed typo

I C STUFF
03-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Follow-up: We tested the "opponents use less allies" by dropping allies till it was out of used units, and had both accounts open. The boost works just fine. If anyone has further solid evidence of bonuses not working when it is not in-army, let us know and we will address, but the stated example from earlier in this thread is working when not in army.

EDIT: fixed typo

Just a thought, but proof of certain assertions might eliminate the background chatter and confusion.
When you run those "tests", why not video (digitally capture) them and put them on YouTube?
Social media is one of your firm's sweet spots, is it not?
This allows you to leverage that alleged advantage and better communicate your messages to your consumers.

While I'm at it, how difficult would it be to create an email account to serve as a suggestion box?
People often have great ideas, well ideas at least worth looking at, and it keeps people involved.
One thing I've observed is very limited interaction with your customers/users.
Its like buying toothpaste at 2:00AM on the shoddy side of any town, but not being allowed to enter the store, having your purchase shoved through a hole in the wall and the clerk on the other side of bullet proof glass.

Anyway, have a pleasant evening.

MadAtWorld
03-19-2014, 06:31 AM
While I'm at it, how difficult would it be to create an email account to serve as a suggestion box?
People often have great ideas, well ideas at least worth looking at
Anyway, have a pleasant evening.

You don't see the problem with this?

One, that's what the forum is for. People can post an idea and they can already gauge the interest for that idea by the responses to it. They also get a little bit of free development help as people add to the idea or bring up issues that may arise because of it.

Two, that email would be flooded with hate mail 30 seconds after it opened. There is no way to filter out between the complaining and the ideas. So any decent idea would be lost among thousands of griping run-on sentences.

Three, if Gree employees don't had enough time to read the forum, or answer/read tickets, how are they going to find the time to go thru emails? And every person who sends a ticket, or 50, will also send an email to tell Gree they sent a ticket, and then an email to tell them they haven't had their ticket answered. Or 50.

While it would be nice for them to hear our ideas, and maybe use some, perhaps your idea would be better as a tab in the forum. They could have one that's just for game ideas where the Devs could go directly and no whining allowed.