PDA

View Full Version : Commander Khan, has anyone "plowed through it"?

Birmingham171
03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
It was a design choice based on metrics from the last couple of events, to my understanding (what I mean by that is, how are people doing as a whole in the existing tiers at actually plowing through the bosses.). Most difficulty tweaks are due to similar.

The curve on this one may have broken down at the higher levels, though, if going by averages. We're not going to adjust it for this event because it would be unfair to the people who have already spent gold and time on it, but it's in heavy discussion at the moment in regards to future events.

Please post here if YOU or ANYONE YOU KNOW has finished the event. And when... I am a but curious.

pb23
03-13-2014, 11:51 AM
I know a ton of people who have finished. I think rewording your question to ask if any L250-L300s have finished would be more apporpriate.

I know of 1.

CJ54
03-13-2014, 12:03 PM
I know a ton of people who have finished. I think rewording your question to ask if any L250-L300s have finished would be more apporpriate.

I know of 1.

It is not just people who have finished the thing, but people who had gotten partway through that would have been affected if we had changed the difficulty mid-stream. That was already well more than 1.

Blodiea
03-13-2014, 12:11 PM
I have 3 guys in my faction that finished 2 151-200 and 1 201-250

Agent Orange
03-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Yeah I stopped at L13.

Birmingham171
03-13-2014, 12:24 PM
The hypocrisy is this...

Last ILTQ, the event started with an error that has been acknowledged, and the event was fixed to a harder difficulty, affecting MANY. Everyone knows the details behind that story.

This ILTQ, the event started with an error that has been acknowledged, yet you do not fix it to an easier difficulty, because that would affect FEW.

Richard79
03-13-2014, 03:00 PM
I normaly get to lvl85 then gold to 100 but stalled at lvl35, this isnt epic boss any more just epic fail no more gold from my top100 faction. Our lvl300 guys stopped at lvl14, most of our other members stopped at 40ish. What a disaster gree.

Jhenry02
03-13-2014, 03:08 PM
I made it to 28

Web323
03-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Stopped at 50 since only need boss kills for the faction part

hsf
03-13-2014, 03:49 PM
I finished this morning with about 200 gold.

DFI
03-13-2014, 03:52 PM
It is not just people who have finished the thing, but people who had gotten partway through that would have been affected if we had changed the difficulty mid-stream. That was already well more than 1.

As I mentioned earlier, it is not about who finished or didn't finish the event by today. What was curious about the statement was that it implied people were using gold on day two to plough through the event. Really? That much gold on day two? Sure, I bet there is more than one guy with a golden credit card, but are you stating that there are more than a handle of people, hopefully you mean 10% of all players for the number to have any significance, who were throwing gold at this event from such an early point. So during an event where people where ploughing through, you were ok with changing the number of days the event would be held but not the boss health. Ok, let me see, less health means less gold spent while less days means more gold. Gee, I guess it wasn't that hard of a decision for you guys.

I'm sorry to be skeptical, but we all remember when you catered to sup and changed prizes and also awarded prizes to them when they did not achieve a goal. Otoh, when regular players get cheated by your glitches, we are told to F off. I'm still waiting for a response to a ticket 100 days old where you erroneously did not give me a prize. And this is even though I am in the '206' tier. I've resigned to the fact that I don't matter as a customer, so I've lowered my expectations.

And by the way, I finished but still had to spend 500 bc you cld not get your dates right. With a full seven days, I think three refills was all I needed. Thanks again for finding a way to cheat us.

Paisthecoolest
03-13-2014, 04:06 PM
I got to 33. I am in the 250-299 level

RobbieTuesday
03-13-2014, 04:07 PM
First time in a really really long time that I didn't spend a single bar of gold on the boss event, and it's not because I completed it gold free. I refused to complete it. If you had made the event 7 days as originally detailed in your spreadsheet that was never corrected, I probably would have invested a fair amount of gold to complete. Speaking of putting out incorrect information. MODIFY your original posts and add a comment clarifying. Don't make customers dive through pages upon pages and threads upon threads to get corrected information. You posted it as a sticky, so it would be easy to find and access. That incorrect information was looked at over and over again without clarity on the first page of the thread. Rant over

2MblaZ
03-13-2014, 04:10 PM
I this this mess is completely outa hand - faction boss event ended BUT individuallly looks like players have still 1hr left to finish whatever tier boss they still plowing through.... So... DOn't waste more gold than needed - you still have couple free regen hits to do... ^_^

Awesome job GREE - can't even sync events, not even talking about changing in the middle... Good job, you're trying soooo hard to chase all of us outa this game, unbelievable... No wonder so many familiar names I started seeing at some other games and so many less here...

I C STUFF
03-13-2014, 04:24 PM
One look at it, listened to a few complaints, I never even tried.

Systematrix
03-13-2014, 04:29 PM
My mini finished with minimal gold spent (<200?). He started at level 17 I think and ended at level 30, lol.

Dazzj10
03-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Joke of an event,
3 accounts
Lvl 74.... Boss 59
Lvl 41.... Boss 56
Lvl113.... Boss 29
I won't even bother starting it next time

Vballmadam
03-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Our faction had people who plowed through it!

sstuutss
03-13-2014, 05:27 PM

Strangely this attitude was missing in the last event.

MaverickINsc
03-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Strangely this attitude was missing in the last event.

Brilliant.......not just about the changing midstream but also the lost kills that disappeared from many when they "fixed" it.......it was fine to change it last time......because it lowered sales maybe?...........just a theory....or.....is it

Gen CheeBye
03-13-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm on 200 - 250 tier and used roughly one vault to plough through the event last 2 days because I was tied up with work and lazy to wait for full regen.

Personal choice. Won't bother to finish it next month. The units awarded are getting crappier while it's getting more expensive to finish.

So gree, you should rename this event as an Epic Failure.

pb23
03-13-2014, 10:40 PM

On the contrary, I think that people finishing the event should be a very worthwhile indicator of your event's success.

Obviously you need scarcity in order to build demand, but I still have heard of only 1 player level 251+ who bothered to plow through this event.

What was FAR more prevalent, however, was the very large volume of players level 251+ (and even in lower tiers) that I spoke with who did not bother to spend a single bar of gold. These are the same guys who receive 15,000 and 50,000 bonus gold every month and have finished every boss event prior to this.

I personally was unable to get past boss #13 not because of the difficulty, but because I couldn't trigger the boss. I have finished multiple boss events in the past. Now, Thirteen.

Of course support gave me a canned response about the terrible triggering and referenced greater "strategy" and more "challenging" boss difficulty as if I hadn't figured out how to play the game yet while leading a faction hovering just outside the top ten.

The tiers need to be adjusted, certainly. Triggering needs to be reverted back to how it was coded before. I don't have time to click for 30 minutes to trigger one boss. Guys with 200 million attack should not be the proxy for coding an event geared toward an average population. Get rid of your top and bottom 15% and scale the event off the middle 70%. An epic boss (solo event) that has 17+ billion hp, and a raid boss (faction event) that has 2 billion hp... do the math. It doesn't make sense. Even if you take away boosts (as you do for some reason in the raid boss event).

Systematrix
03-13-2014, 11:12 PM
HLP = High Level Punishment

{Kill Joy}
03-14-2014, 12:48 AM
HLP = High Level Punishment

BINGO. Finally someone has cracked Gree's code.