PDA

View Full Version : What can one do when Customer Support doesn't support the Customer?

Dlboy
03-13-2014, 10:43 AM
I guess I'm just frustrated but I really don't have any other options then to vent here! :mad:

So March 5th (8 days ago) I submitted a request to Support for a Droid to IOS account transfer. Let me provide a little background that helps you understand what I am trying to do.

A faction member (Droid) decided to quit playing the game and offered up his account to any takers. I decided to pick up his account, only problem is, Im IOS. So the transfer has to be done through Support. The Droid account provided me with screen shots and Funzio ID account, email, and password. Should be easy right? Ask Support to transfer Droid account information to my IOS device.

So I sent a very cordial support requesting transfer including Old Player screenshots and Funzio Information on March 5th. Explained that ASAP would be appreciated. I had created a New Player on my device and explained thats where I wanted the game loaded to.

Wrote back again (I know they discourage this) 4 days later and further explained the Old Player account is a high-profile account for our faction and its missing out on events and prizes which were the recent Crate and Boss events. Level 180ish player with 35Mil ATT!

I realized I could log into the Gree International site and track my Ticket process. Added another note on March 11 to that effect and asked how long a typical transer takes.

Now hold onto to your seats! On March 11 - 5 minutes after I asked that question - I get a "Warm Body" response!!! The standard sorry it took so long, we have been busy, and its not normal to take this long email. Additionally, the Support person asked for player information that I responded with almost immediately AND noted was in the original ticket I had sent :confused:

Since then I have wrote back 3 additional times because I have received NO RESPONSE or additional information. It has been the most aggravating experience ever. Of course my 3 follow-up emails have progressively gotten worse and now the 3rd event is passing and that account has been idle for almost 2 weeks! I asked for compensation - I know Ill get none! It is beyond ridiculous at this point!

There was and is one hang up on my end - The Old Player was in the Gold Bonus Program - Gree asked for receipts of his gold purchases - Well, Im not him - Don't have any and he has left the game. Wonder if that will be the deal breaker?

Before he quit, he set up his Old Device to Transfer and off he went!

Im done venting now! Just a waiting game now! Sorry for the RANT, but this is hurting that player and our Faction!

Has anyone had similar tickets and how did it work out in the end?

Merc_mw
03-13-2014, 11:16 AM
I believe there was a similar post here:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?84890-Moderator-help

Dlboy
03-13-2014, 11:27 AM
I believe there was a similar post here:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?84890-Moderator-help

Thanks for that - this was not and should not have been a banned account. If it were, wouldn't they have told me by now?

CJ54
03-13-2014, 12:00 PM
I guess I'm just frustrated but I really don't have any other options then to vent here! :mad:

So March 5th (8 days ago) I submitted a request to Support for a Droid to IOS account transfer. Let me provide a little background that helps you understand what I am trying to do.

A faction member (Droid) decided to quit playing the game and offered up his account to any takers. I decided to pick up his account, only problem is, Im IOS. So the transfer has to be done through Support. The Droid account provided me with screen shots and Funzio ID account, email, and password. Should be easy right? Ask Support to transfer Droid account information to my IOS device.

That's probably the source of your hang-up; the ticket likely ended up escalated to policy because what you are asking is against our terms of service (account sharing).

EDIT: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there.

THE VIKING
03-13-2014, 12:22 PM
That's probably the source of your hang-up; the ticket likely ended up escalated to policy because what you are asking is against our terms of service (account sharing).

EDIT: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there.

Is this really the case, what about the games changing hand in S1? Looks like those are acceptable.

I thought the ToS are there not only for you as a developer, but also for us as players in a competitive environment.

CJ, could you please share your thoughts about this?

Dlboy
03-13-2014, 12:23 PM
CJ ... Have to say thanks for the reply even if its not what I wanted to hear! In minutes you have provided me with a possible reason for the issue! Again Thanks.

I was not aware that accounts couldnt be transferred! Good to know. Dont know why it should be an issue if there is consent from the parties involved, but those are the rules I guess.

CJ54
03-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Is this really the case, what about the games changing hand in S1? Looks like those are acceptable.

I thought the ToS are there not only for you as a developer, but also for us as players in a competitive environment.

CJ, could you please share your thoughts about this?

We block account transfer requests that obviously don't belong to the people asking (according to our records), regardless of faction. And have done so, that's not just theoretical.

EDIT: For what it is worth, as far as Support is concerned, the issue is about potential account theft. If someone shows up asking for a transfer, and we look at the account and see that someone else was using it and writing in to us, we want to err on the side of caution. Most of the "I have this player's permission" type of evidence that people provide can be faked, and if they have spent money on the account we really want to err on the side of caution. And what happens if you spend gold on it, and then they come back asking for their account back because "I don't know why, it just disappeared from my device one day"? Now we have an account that multiple people have spent gold on and both people want it back.

This sort of thing is what we're trying to avoid; the rules aren't just there to be draconian top-down funkillers. Honestly we've seen pretty much every conceivable situation over here at this point and some of them are things we'd rather not have happen again.

Dlboy
03-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Someone trying to "steal" another's account makes perfect sense CJ, but it wouldn't be that easy to get another players Funzio ID account information. This player has provided me with their account info and Password to that account. Yeah yeah, those can be stolen too I know, but Im trying to make an honest transfer here. If both accounts were IOS, we wouldn't be having this conversation (it would have been transferred in minutes - no questions asked). The Droid to IOS conversion was my hang up. This person is also willing to provide me with their Gold Purchases - Hate to see a good/great player account go to waste like that. It could really help our faction.

THE VIKING
03-13-2014, 01:20 PM
We block account transfer requests that obviously don't belong to the people asking (according to our records), regardless of faction. And have done so, that's not just theoretical.

EDIT: For what it is worth, as far as Support is concerned, the issue is about potential account theft. If someone shows up asking for a transfer, and we look at the account and see that someone else was using it and writing in to us, we want to err on the side of caution. Most of the "I have this player's permission" type of evidence that people provide can be faked, and if they have spent money on the account we really want to err on the side of caution. And what happens if you spend gold on it, and then they come back asking for their account back because "I don't know why, it just disappeared from my device one day"? Now we have an account that multiple people have spent gold on and both people want it back.

This sort of thing is what we're trying to avoid; the rules aren't just there to be draconian top-down funkillers. Honestly we've seen pretty much every conceivable situation over here at this point and some of them are things we'd rather not have happen again.

Ok, so transferring accounts is not violating ToS if the transfer is legit in the sense that the original owner can verify the transfer (sale) of the account is taking place?

Dlboy
03-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Ok, so transferring accounts is not violating ToS if the transfer is legit in the sense that the original owner can verify the transfer (sale) of the account is taking place?

Would love to know this and how to do it if possible as Support has now "closed" my ticket and notified me that TOS has been breached.

Funny how quickly that happened! :)

CJ54
03-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Someone trying to "steal" another's account makes perfect sense CJ, but it wouldn't be that easy to get another players Funzio ID account information. This player has provided me with their account info and Password to that account. Yeah yeah, those can be stolen too I know, but Im trying to make an honest transfer here. If both accounts were IOS, we wouldn't be having this conversation (it would have been transferred in minutes - no questions asked). The Droid to IOS conversion was my hang up. This person is also willing to provide me with their Gold Purchases - Hate to see a good/great player account go to waste like that. It could really help our faction.

Sorry, I should have phrased that as "theft and general ownership issues", I didn't mean to imply anything about this case. It's one of those cases where a couple of turds have spoiled the punch bowl for everyone else.

EDIT: No, guys, I didn't mean to be confusing. We don't do it in any case to both be consistent on this and because we ultimately can't verify the information.