PDA

View Full Version : ive come to the conclusion

lemonhaze
03-11-2014, 08:13 AM
ok i been thinking whats the point in riaseing ur stats on all the events if u are already getting 450 wd a hit? right now with my stats i can hit lvl 300s and pretty much find a target on ever team we face in Wd except the top 2..the point im trying to make why would we need to get to 100m stats other then personal egos and addictions? once u get past 25m stats u can pretty much get 450 wd a hit on certain targets..so is it really a advantage to get to 100m stats when all u gonna do is lvl up and not even get close to 450wd a hit then..im not gonna be doing nothing that i gotta pay for outside WD bc when im getting 450 wd a hit now it just dont make no sense to pay for higher stats bc its not like they get 500-600 wd a hit for haveing higher stats..yes higher stats i know can make u raid better but in my case i dont never raid unless im bored out my brain..just want to see what some of your alls thoughts are on this matter...thx

Bndawgs
03-11-2014, 08:23 AM
What happens when they change the point scoring calculation?

Hassleham
03-11-2014, 08:24 AM
But if you stop increasing stats then won't people start leaving you behind resulting in less targets for you during WD?

Agent1200
03-11-2014, 08:24 AM
It makes sense for the short period, but I would fear that over the long term, all those targets you are hitting now would strengthen themselves to be out of your reach, eventually... I'm sure that would take a while. But if your not running to stand still in this game, you are getting passed. Right?

lemonhaze
03-11-2014, 08:27 AM
But if you stop increasing stats then won't people start leaving you behind resulting in less targets for you during WD?

It makes sense for the short period, but I would fear that over the long term, all those targets you are hitting now would strengthen themselves to be out of your reach, eventually... I'm sure that would take a while. But if your not running to stand still in this game, you are getting passed. Right? m not gonna stop doing the events..im just saying im not gonna pay to get them outside of WD..b4 i come to this conclusion i wanted ever unit they put out..now with the costs its getting nuts to try and get anything..im on a top 10 team as well so that helps me keep in the running with all the ones below me that i score most on..there are ways to increase stats smart and then they are the dumb ones that just want to tap tap tap on ever event that they put out no matter how high the cost to get a new shiny unit,but your and hassleham concerns are spot on

lemonhaze
03-11-2014, 08:30 AM
What happens when they change the point scoring calculation? i have been thinking about that but i dont beleive nothing gree says till i actaully see it done to be honest

Ferr
03-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Yours is one of the smarter but temporary conclusions this week sir. I can add, for your comfort, that you will never be able to reach the top gear anyways for reasons I will not state again. Hence, satisfying your ego or addition is not even possible.
Further, level 300 spenders are picking up a bigger portion of the bill so let them bleed further. Their wd scores are 250 average and the newest feature of course is the boss event where level 300 spenders need to deliver tens of billions damage per boss. This is not odd in any way. gree policy is always tuned to the effect that it is always possible to start a new character at any time and get into the higher ranks if you hack or pay legitimately enough. That means that higher level players who wish to continue to spend will, at some point, realise that the effectiveness of their spending will increase dramatically when they start anew. Hence, Maintaining the highest level is highly discouraged by gree for logical commercial reasons.
For these reasons your conclusion is good but temporary as you will unstoppably sail to level 300 and meet your demise.
Yours,

Speed ump
03-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Lemon, if you only played the wd events, and did reasonably well, I'd say you could keep up, beacuse the attack bonuses are always bigger than the deff ones. You're right about the bigger numbers, it's ego, but that is what drives this game. Play the events that you can in between that are more resonabke in cost and time. Leave the rest, and you will be just fine. We all get hung up in the we must complete every event thing. I've opted out of the auction events for some time now, last ones I did me and ferr used to compete in. They are about the worst values avaible, we were both idiots for what we spent on them, not to say we Arnt both idiots for what we spent on the game period,lol. Some of our guys like to get those, and do every event, so they have the max, and if that's what they want, more power to them. I'm over having to max out, as I'm certainly not lacking in stats.i prefer putting my efforts into faction events, where it helps more people.

Ferr
03-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Lemon, if you only played the wd events, and did reasonably well, I'd say you could keep up, beacuse the attack bonuses are always bigger than the deff ones. You're right about the bigger numbers, it's ego, but that is what drives this game. Play the events that you can in between that are more resonabke in cost and time. Leave the rest, and you will be just fine. We all get hung up in the we must complete every event thing. I've opted out of the auction events for some time now, last ones I did me and ferr used to compete in. They are about the worst values avaible, we were both idiots for what we spent on them, not to say we Arnt both idiots for what we spent on the game period,lol. Some of our guys like to get those, and do every event, so they have the max, and if that's what they want, more power to them. I'm over having to max out, as I'm certainly not lacking in stats.i prefer putting my efforts into faction events, where it helps more people.
Sigh yes, dont remind me pls

Thief
03-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Came to this conclusion months ago and even advised everyone in VFF to never feel obligated to finish events. I would rather see my friends around for months to come than to burn out in a single 3 week period by spending $2,000.

Obvioulsy if your income can afford you to finish than no big deal but in the end know your never going to be the strongest so once you realize that then whats the point? Compete with yourself with what is "managable based on your income". If you have targets during war and are having fun thats all that really matters. There have been plenty of events i regret doing because i didn't know the cost of them initially and there are some i regret not doing...but thats part of the game. I have to make sacrafices in order to have fun in the game and keep playing (those of us playing for over 2 years keep dumping money month after month into the game and we need to be realistic)

I try to not do the Crate events anymore (as you spend 3000+ gold and not get your 10th item...your bound to be angry) and i do the events that fit in my budget. It doesn't make me as competitive as others in the game but i usually always have a target against opponents (exception to SUP/OSW/GSF)

Speed ump
03-11-2014, 10:47 AM
That's what I've been telling people for a while theif. Don't feel the need to do every event. We still won't lose stats to others, as we always get the top wd ones. If I had known the last ltq was going to cost 15k gold I would not have done it, and didn't do it on my mini. I did the others all at the same time, so in for a penny, in for a pound. Next time I see 87 levels, I'll pass.lol

Hassleham
03-11-2014, 10:48 AM
m not gonna stop doing the events..im just saying im not gonna pay to get them outside of WD..b4 i come to this conclusion i wanted ever unit they put out..now with the costs its getting nuts to try and get anything..im on a top 10 team as well so that helps me keep in the running with all the ones below me that i score most on..there are ways to increase stats smart and then they are the dumb ones that just want to tap tap tap on ever event that they put out no matter how high the cost to get a new shiny unit,but your and hassleham concerns are spot on

I get what you mean now. I think it's a good idea and you should stick with it!

lemonhaze
03-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Yours is one of the smarter but temporary conclusions this week sir. I can add, for your comfort, that you will never be able to reach the top gear anyways for reasons I will not state again. Hence, satisfying your ego or addition is not even possible.
Further, level 300 spenders are picking up a bigger portion of the bill so let them bleed further. Their wd scores are 250 average and the newest feature of course is the boss event where level 300 spenders need to deliver tens of billions damage per boss. This is not odd in any way. gree policy is always tuned to the effect that it is always possible to start a new character at any time and get into the higher ranks if you hack or pay legitimately enough. That means that higher level players who wish to continue to spend will, at some point, realise that the effectiveness of their spending will increase dramatically when they start anew. Hence, Maintaining the highest level is highly discouraged by gree for logical commercial reasons.
For these reasons your conclusion is good but temporary as you will unstoppably sail to level 300 and meet your demise.
Yours,
yes i know ferr i cannot stop myself from getting to lvl 300 but what im thinking of doing is doing it the smart way and getting there as slowly as i can and hopes by that time they will have increased the lvl cap again

Lemon, if you only played the wd events, and did reasonably well, I'd say you could keep up, beacuse the attack bonuses are always bigger than the deff ones. You're right about the bigger numbers, it's ego, but that is what drives this game. Play the events that you can in between that are more resonabke in cost and time. Leave the rest, and you will be just fine. We all get hung up in the we must complete every event thing. I've opted out of the auction events for some time now, last ones I did me and ferr used to compete in. They are about the worst values avaible, we were both idiots for what we spent on them, not to say we Arnt both idiots for what we spent on the game period,lol. Some of our guys like to get those, and do every event, so they have the max, and if that's what they want, more power to them. I'm over having to max out, as I'm certainly not lacking in stats.i prefer putting my efforts into faction events, where it helps more people. same here only doing fltq and WD..i dont raid ever unless im super bored thats why i got my iph to 40m so i wouldnt have to raid and that helps me to avoid lvling up..i will never have the max or be anywhere close to that so im content with what i do have to..and yes we are idiots for spending what we have on the worst customer service, ungodly awful graphics and all the glitches but yet we still spend lol insanity!!

DILL3NGER
03-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Great thread and all the more enjoyable to see big players with reasoned responses. Sadly I'm sure a troll will be right along to hijack any minute.

lemonhaze
03-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Came to this conclusion months ago and even advised everyone in VFF to never feel obligated to finish events. I would rather see my friends around for months to come than to burn out in a single 3 week period by spending $2,000.

Obvioulsy if your income can afford you to finish than no big deal but in the end know your never going to be the strongest so once you realize that then whats the point? Compete with yourself with what is "managable based on your income". If you have targets during war and are having fun thats all that really matters. There have been plenty of events i regret doing because i didn't know the cost of them initially and there are some i regret not doing...but thats part of the game. I have to make sacrafices in order to have fun in the game and keep playing (those of us playing for over 2 years keep dumping money month after month into the game and we need to be realistic)

I try to not do the Crate events anymore (as you spend 3000+ gold and not get your 10th item...your bound to be angry) and i do the events that fit in my budget. It doesn't make me as competitive as others in the game but i usually always have a target against opponents (exception to SUP/OSW/GSF) i dont care if im the weakest in the game as long as i contiune to get 450wd a hit it doesnt matter and i can score just as good or better then sup1-2, and OSW members it just depends if i want to spend that type of cash in which i dont want to..the point is it dont matter if u are the strongest in this game the most WD a hit u will get is 450wd period so other then the fact of strokeing my ego its really pointless to get all those extra units that dont do anything other then move ur attack and def..i do all the events for free dont spend a drop of gold on nothing but WD..i get my points off top 25 teams and back

Evil Mastermind
03-11-2014, 12:18 PM
I understand your position but it is all predicated on the assumption that WD will remain part of the game. I assume it will but if a new event were to become more profitable it will be removed. Your goal is to score big points in WD. Others may want to continue to raise stats to make raiding easier (more targets). Some simply want to build an economy.

Players have to choose their own goals. When they stop setting their own goals, then it's time to quit. After all, without your own goal or agenda...the game holds no meaning. Yes, there are goals in the game, but one can always choose to play or not to play. It all comes down to the player's choice. Well these days that is also dictated by the "goals" of the particular faction to which you belong. I still say that was GREE's smartest addition to the game. Players are compelled to do more/spend more as dictated by the collective.

The game as originally designed only required an individual to resist his/her own ego. Now a player must not only resist the self(ego) but be willing to find a faction that best suits their own spending or non-spending habits. Factions can be "peer" pressure if you let them.

Cheers,
Evil M ;)

lemonhaze
03-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Great thread and all the more enjoyable to see big players with reasoned responses. Sadly I'm sure a troll will be right along to hijack any minute.
Lol lets hope not..trying to get others views as i like to take in all opinions of others to help me excel my game

I understand your position but it is all predicated on the assumption that WD will remain part of the game. I assume it will but if a new event were to become more profitable it will be removed. Your goal is to score big points in WD. Others may want to continue to raise stats to make raiding easier (more targets). Some simply want to build an economy.

Players have to choose their own goals. When they stop setting their own goals, then it's time to quit. After all, without your own goal or agenda...the game holds no meaning. Yes, there are goals in the game, but one can always choose to play or not to play. It all comes down to the player's choice. Well these days that is also dictated by the "goals" of the particular faction to which you belong. I still say that was GREE's smartest addition to the game. Players are compelled to do more/spend more as dictated by the collective.

The game as originally designed only required an individual to resist his/her own ego. Now a player must not only resist the self(ego) but be willing to find a faction that best suits their own spending or non-spending habits. Factions can be "peer" pressure if you let them.

Cheers,
Evil M ;)nice post EM agree with all u said..i worked hard on my IPH so i wouldnt have to raid thats another good way to avoid exp points imp..im closeing in on 40m iph now and my AMRS,ACS and villas are not even on 10 yet lol sometimes raiding is fun when u hit that 800m+ raid.. as u said it does all boil down to what particular goal u have..

I C STUFF
03-11-2014, 12:35 PM
It's very fulfilling and encouraging to see an intelligent, thought provoking discussion.
It's time people started thinking.
Frankly, I reached a similar conclusion over 18 months ago.
Some are always early, others are later.
Everyone must draw their own conclusion.
I've chosen to isolate myself in my own faction.
I maintain cyber relationships with many of my old acquaintances.
I occasionally participate with them, but always return to one of my own little safe houses.
I keep a small caretaker in each cave.
Whatever path you choose, it's the right path for you.

Archer59
03-11-2014, 01:18 PM
For every player who "leaves you behind" there will be two who level-up too fast to take their place. You'll be fine.

Jaebee
03-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Agreed, I stopped using gold a few months ago for all intensive purposes. So I'm no longer as strong as many of the larger sharks in the water. Crazy thing is how fast it all happened, in Canada WD if not one or two wars later I still had a few targets when matched with Sup1, these days I can barely scratch the CC..lol

Going from scoring millions during WD events to playing for free is a pretty drastic change, and I'm sure our team suffered because of it, but I could no longer afford to play the style I had before, so I changed. I still help out as much as I can in the FLTQs or other faction events, and luckily there are still enough people in our faction that have enough long term memory to remember what I did for the faction. Eventually I'll hit the nuke option or be asked to mosey on down the road. But at least I now am certain I will be a free player from here on out (unless we ever get the gold we were promised as anniversary nominees, but I digress...lol)

lemonhaze
03-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Crazy thing is how fast it all happened, in Canada WD if not one or two wars later I still had a few targets when matched with Sup1, these days I can barely scratch the CC..lol lol this made me laugh but its true Jaebee..i was just roaming around in the rivals reading walls and i seen one of my former teammates post a recruitment thread on their wall and all that was asked to be in top 10 then was 150k stats..it was for china war or the one after that they was recruiting for..back in those days when u had 100k stats u was golden and didnt have to worry about anyone robbing u..my dream goal was just to reach 100k bc u didnt move up in millons like u do now..stragety was still a big part of the game unlike now..the only place where stragety still exists is in streaks imo

Jaebee
03-11-2014, 02:49 PM
lol this made me laugh but its true Jaebee..i was just roaming around in the rivals reading walls and i seen one of my former teammates post a recruitment thread on their wall and all that was asked to be in top 10 then was 150k stats..it was for china war or the one after that they was recruiting for..back in those days when u had 100k stats u was golden and didnt have to worry about anyone robbing u..my dream goal was just to reach 100k bc u didnt move up in millons like u do now..stragety was still a big part of the game unlike now..the only place where stragety still exists is in streaks imo

Right, or perhaps the real only strategy left concerns more of budgeting ones income to be able to play this game the way Gree wants us too...lol

Ferr
03-11-2014, 05:36 PM
I have dreams of united factions all going to 1 ally and stop spending for two months. Hell would break loose..

Blade of 3
03-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Eventually the lower ranked factions would catch up to you, right?

lemonhaze
03-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Right, or perhaps the real only strategy left concerns more of budgeting ones income to be able to play this game the way Gree wants us too...lol
Lol isnt that the truth

I have dreams of united factions all going to 1 ally and stop spending for two months. Hell would break loose.. i have also dream of that ferr..i dont think it will happen but u never know..our message would be heard loud and clear then and im sure the big wigs would take notice and make some changes for us all for the better

pb23
03-11-2014, 07:03 PM
I have dreams of united factions all going to 1 ally and stop spending for two months. Hell would break loose..

I'm game. Say the word good sir.

Hondo
03-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I get what you mean now. I think it's a good idea and you should stick with it!

Hey Hass, good to see you're still around.

Dragon11216
03-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Totally agreed LH. Gree wants to make a profit at all cost. They say it's to challenge high levels. I will agree to disagree with them. Only Sup 1 and 2 will keep spending to get every prize and top finishes.This is why players look for and abuse exploits. If want to be a top player it's not going to be cheap. This game has become increasing expensive month after month. I do the occasional ltq. If it's a boost I want to add. Other than that I focus on faction goals.