PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling useless

Bravo Zulu
03-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Dear Gree,

I'm feeling useless to my awesome faction. Being a ripe level 255, I'm on boss 16 and it takes me six cash hits. I'm feeling very downtrodden about this fact.

I understand you increase the boss health in keeping with some magical formula likely based on the the upward mobility of my stats. Now I know, by the time I reach level 300 my stats should be able to handle the 299 boss. I'm not sure I can wait. I have been perched on top of my recycling center for a year now- on the edge. I'm considering jumping as I am now just an over 250 pixilated mess.

Please explain the method behind your boss madness. I think your counseling is needed to talk me off the ledge. Please refer to my picture below.

pb23
03-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Do the Ore Mine dive. It's a bit taller.

Bravo Zulu
03-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Do the Ore Mine dive. It's a bit taller.

Did you see my pic? She refuses to move from the recycling center. I would go higher, but she seems to want to jump from there.

Mr llama
03-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Dont jump!!

pb23
03-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Did you see my pic? She refuses to move from the recycling center. I would go higher, but she seems to want to jump from there.

Haha. Stubborn!

2000y2k
03-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Hope it's not windy or she may lose her choice.

I Am Legend
03-10-2014, 07:31 PM
its Gree's intention to make you feel useless. They want you to quit to make room for new players who will only make their way the top if the current top players quit ;)

I C STUFF
03-10-2014, 08:15 PM
BZ, think of your fiction.
All the fiction mates and your fictional leader would be forced to recruit a replacement player.
LOL

Rattlehead
03-10-2014, 09:01 PM
From there you'll only break you leg!

Veccster
03-10-2014, 09:29 PM
It is interesting that this particular event is so difficult for high level players. It's also interesting that the bonus is building output....something hlp's have no interest in. Everyone complained when they started rolling out constant events and even overlapping (which starts tomorrow). Perhaps this event is actually focused on helping the newer players build bonuses that help them compete. Particularly just before a brand new event that is expected to use lots and lots of units (which llp's can buy if they have money).

Just a thought.

Mr.Grumpy
03-10-2014, 10:11 PM
+1

i'm with you bravo. useless in WD and now (even more) useless in the boss events.

: /

FromAfar
03-11-2014, 12:12 AM
2 main customer relation philosophies at gree:

1) mushroom.

2) bohica

rahibi
03-11-2014, 12:13 AM
+2

This whole war seems to be helping the smaller guys. Looks like the devs listened to these players. We forget that there are 300 levels and not just the lvl we are on. I personally maxed out at 30 bosses. Im fine with that. It allows me to have a life outside this game. Good jobs devs.

tali
03-11-2014, 01:58 AM
Jump jump jump jump jump jump just don't hit my unit

Bravo Zulu
03-11-2014, 02:10 AM
It is interesting that this particular event is so difficult for high level players. It's also interesting that the bonus is building output....something hlp's have no interest in. Everyone complained when they started rolling out constant events and even overlapping (which starts tomorrow). Perhaps this event is actually focused on helping the newer players build bonuses that help them compete. Particularly just before a brand new event that is expected to use lots and lots of units (which llp's can buy if they have money).

Just a thought.

I really like this thought, and it makes sense. The units are quite useless to me. And really, I'm ok with that. The only reason I do them is for the big end prize. It's not because I'm greedy, or want a huge advantage though. It's because the end prizes are the only ones that actually make a difference to my stats. Finishing events has become a necessity or stats above about 15 million don't move. Valor and cash units, and all of the units from the boss event don't hardly make a blip.

Someone here suggested once having different prize tiers for each boss tier. That would make it ok not to complete an event again. A bunch of 200/200 units are fine for a level 50-100 boss. I now need a bunch of 5k units. Lol.

I know the point would be to allow the newer players to grow. But the truth is, those of us that have been playing for two years and have made it to level 250 and beyond also want to continue to grow. The longer we play now, the more money we would have to spend to see that happen. I played completely free the first year. I wouldn't mind paying to finish an event or two, except those have moved out of my budget as well.

If we are honest, stat gain has always been a measure of growth in the game. When I started 250 was as high as you could go and special ops was the highest rank. I think given the popularity that much of this could be solved by expanding the tiers. If not, the person that posted later in this thread is right. The structure really dictates choosing to quit after hitting this ceiling. That thought makes me sad because I have a lot of fun now, with my faction etc.

I suppose I made this thread both in jest but with a point. I LIKE doing the boss event. But I can't now. I seriously can't get past probably 30 without spending money and I can't justify that. It would be nice of Gree gave us something at the higher levels we could complete as easily as we could do the boss at the lower levels and still watch our stats grow as well. It makes me feels accomplished to keep working on them. Every game needs a goal right? I always considered stat growth the goal. Base size and IPH- no strategy there. Up until about 8 months ago you could buy high stats, but you could also work really hard for them too- with valor units, skills points, and farming units. Now, nothing but getting the % bonuses work. Sigh. I hope this new event mixes that up.

Bravo Zulu
03-11-2014, 02:15 AM
BZ, think of your fiction.
All the fiction mates and your fictional leader would be forced to recruit a replacement player.
LOL

True it would be selfish. We dang near have to conscript new recruits these days! :)

Bravo Zulu
03-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Dont jump!!

Is this my llama? If so, I love you too llama. If you aren't my llama, um, excuse the forward affection please.

There are many llamas out there to love. ;)

Bndawgs
03-11-2014, 08:13 AM
I don't understand why the epic boss in CC is so easy? the last two bosses I could get through 100 with 1 cash hit. it's interesting how gree employs different strategies to each game, even though they're basically the same thing

SGT Blakerz
03-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Don't do it!

SaB Leader
03-11-2014, 02:05 PM
But only because I don't want are DL to be alone on the way down.
Thanks Gree, are DL appologised to are team yesterday for being the weakest link!!!

CDR Shepard
03-11-2014, 02:48 PM
I would tell you not to do it, but not sure why other than to not lose another veteran. From a game aspect, it only points to restarting, but why would you do that? You have obviously invested quite a bit into this account. GREE has disappointed me quite a bit in the last few months. I don't see that changing. There goes my "hold out a little longer" speech :P. I would stay for the friends, play for the team, pay for nothing. Good luck!

-old friend

Bravo Zulu
03-11-2014, 06:00 PM
I would tell you not to do it, but not sure why other than to not lose another veteran. From a game aspect, it only points to restarting, but why would you do that? You have obviously invested quite a bit into this account. GREE has disappointed me quite a bit in the last few months. I don't see that changing. There goes my "hold out a little longer" speech :P. I would stay for the friends, play for the team, pay for nothing. Good luck!

-old friend

Thanks old friend. :) Words of the wise.

Bravo Zulu
03-11-2014, 06:03 PM
But only because I don't want are DL to be alone on the way down.
Thanks Gree, are DL appologised to are team yesterday for being the weakest link!!!

It's the first time I've had to stand by and watch as the faction played. It is frustrating to just watch. I've always pulled my own weight and then some. But it doesn't make it easier. Sucks!

Bravo Zulu
03-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Don't do it!

Get the trampoline. Hurry!

I C STUFF
03-11-2014, 06:35 PM
It's the first time I've had to stand by and watch as the faction played. It is frustrating to just watch. I've always pulled my own weight and then some. But it doesn't make it easier. Sucks!

The best thing you're doing is debating and discussing this with yourself.
The ramifications of such an approach serve your best interests, faction aside.
You know the answer, ONLY you know what is best for yourself, listen ONLY to your inner voice.

Lancerdually
03-12-2014, 05:45 AM
I can catch ya.......but don't nose dive...... lol