PDA

View Full Version : Free gold videos, fair or not?

krabbie
03-10-2014, 03:03 AM
So there is the opportunity to get free gold from video's in Modern War. It seems the payout is now 2 gold for a video. The problem is that the video-option is only available for IoS users. This raises the question if it is fair to have this free gold option, or that it benefits IoS users in an unfair manner, because Android users can't use this option.

Now I don't want to be a cry baby, but with all the specific android bugs from the last months (almost all of em unsolved) and now also the increase of free gold for IoS I do feel I have a serious disadvantage. Don't think this will ever change, as gree makes money from the free gold option, but I would like to hear how you guys think about this!

Grego29
03-10-2014, 04:05 AM
I play on android and ios and I get 2 gold per vid on both, but I only get 2 or 3 per day on android and 5 to 8 on ios. It has always been this way.

yupyup
03-10-2014, 04:57 AM
IM happy if i get 2 video's on droid a week. and that is IF im lucky

JerseyGirl
03-10-2014, 05:11 AM
I get 1 gold video in two weeks, android.

krabbie
03-10-2014, 05:39 AM
I am online a lot and only get a couple every month, and always the same ones...

Luke7676
03-10-2014, 07:51 AM
I bank about 20-30 gold daily on Android watching these videos. Never had a problem. They just don't all come up at once. This is a throughout the day procedure. On IOS, I normally have less the with Android.

Everyone should be able to receive the vids on either platform.

goldacre84
03-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Is this really the biggest issue you have in life right now?! Lmao. It's 2 free pieces of gold.

Speed ump
03-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Krabbie, I truly feel sorry for droid users. They have many issues that we iOS users don't have. The good news is there is an option now. Gree has said that they will transfer your droid game to an iOS device if you send in a ticket. It might mean a new device, only you can determine if it's worth that.

Dilligaf13
03-10-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm lucky if I get it once a week, just keep checking is all us android users can do.

Brizzol
03-10-2014, 03:22 PM
To be honest mate I really don't think many people would even consider this an issue.

Tito89
03-10-2014, 04:02 PM
...as gree makes money from the free gold option...

Id love to know how exactly (no sarcasm, really).

Kefa
03-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Now I don't want to be a cry baby...

You have a choice of what device you buy and use, unless you live in a country where your government restricts you to only android. There are pros and cons, benefits and limitations, to both platforms, both in this game and in general.

That said, the Android users I know do get the tapjoy gold. Maybe you're still on an old build from before they patched that?

X-BASS
03-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Android here, no videos for weeks, now one video a day for the last three days, not sure if location and/or device has something to do with it.

person123
03-10-2014, 07:04 PM
So there is the opportunity to get free gold from video's in Modern War. It seems the payout is now 2 gold for a video. The problem is that the video-option is only available for IoS users. This raises the question if it is fair to have this free gold option, or that it benefits IoS users in an unfair manner, because Android users can't use this option.

Now I don't want to be a cry baby, but with all the specific android bugs from the last months (almost all of em unsolved) and now also the increase of free gold for IoS I do feel I have a serious disadvantage. Don't think this will ever change, as gree makes money from the free gold option, but I would like to hear how you guys think about this!
Honestly, did you expect it to be any other way? Nothing with GREE is fair. You can't complain, it won't be fixed. Simple as that.

Big she'd
03-10-2014, 09:22 PM
My droid is getting more than my iOS , maybe it's a geographical thing

sbs2716g
03-11-2014, 12:57 AM
my ios device are not getting videos for few weeks already..

Drakhoan
03-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Sounds like your issue is easily resolved... purchase an iOS product! No I don't work for Apple. Actually I have an old iOS device that is not able to get any gold similiar to your issue... just tells me you cannot get anymore.

Id love to know how exactly (no sarcasm, really).

Gree makes money from the free gold videos just like any public outlet charges to allow companies to adevertise through them... notice they are not to advertise their vaious other games... CC, KA, ...

Tito89
03-11-2014, 01:53 AM
Gree makes money from the free gold videos just like any public outlet charges to allow companies to adevertise through them... notice they are not to advertise their vaious other games... CC, KA, ...

Cheers man ;)

Daviid
03-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Haven't gotten any free gold videos in days now on ios

Ourpalace
03-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Are there any restrictions to levels? Both of my 28 CC and 23 MW get no videos try again tomorrow messages.

Thief
03-11-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm lucky to get 3-4 videos a day. Most of the time i've given up on trying to watch them.

If it was 10 Free gold per video maybe but at its current structure watching videos for a year still probasbly wouldn't let you finish an event.

BostonHammer
03-11-2014, 10:34 AM
GREE does not decide who gets the videos or how many, they just decide to let Tapjoy advertise in their games (Tapjoy must buy gold from them). As mentioned before, it all depends your device, geographic location and other factors how many videos you get. If you fit the characteristics of what a particular company is looking for, you get a video.

At least that how it has been explained to me.

miaomiao
03-11-2014, 11:46 AM
I got 1 free video for months, android.

X-BASS
03-11-2014, 07:30 PM
GREE does not decide who gets the videos or how many, they just decide to let Tapjoy advertise in their games (Tapjoy must buy gold from them). As mentioned before, it all depends your device, geographic location and other factors how many videos you get. If you fit the characteristics of what a particular company is looking for, you get a video.

At least that how it has been explained to me.

Nice tip, thanks!

krabbie
03-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Thanks to all for the feedback! Guess i have to move to the US to improve my chances on videos, lol. Glad i can take my android phone with me because the device you use doesn't really matter.

steelhead
03-12-2014, 03:08 AM
Krabbie, I truly feel sorry for droid users. They have many issues that we iOS users don't have. The good news is there is an option now. Gree has said that they will transfer your droid game to an iOS device if you send in a ticket. It might mean a new device, only you can determine if it's worth that.

Must've missed this info. It wasn't possible before, finally, Got my mini on ios and its so much better.

JDub
03-12-2014, 03:25 AM
Droid has always got less videos then iOS. But on the other hand if I where to switch I would be stuck with an iOS device for all of my other smart phone needs. For me personally I would much rather run the most powerfull phones on the market then to use the AOL of phones for a couple pieces of free gold.