PDA

View Full Version : High level does not equal long time player

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
03-09-2014, 05:39 AM
Stop whining. Just because you've played a long time does NOT mean you are a high level player and vice versa. You guys keep complaining "why are you punishing me for being active and for playing this game a long time?" Well look at my forum join date. I started playing MW the day it came out and I am level 130. You aren't getting punished because you've played a long time. You're getting punished because you used a poor strategy and are weak for your level. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I take great care in considering the XP/STAT ratio as well as the STAT/Gold ratio of everything I do. You haven't been more active than me. It has been the case SINCE THIS GAME STARTED.... That you ALWAYS want to be strong for you level. This is nothing new so stop acting like it's some big change they made to punish long time players. If you look at stats as a raw number (I'm sure many of you mindless whiners do) you are fools. This game is all about ratios. You wasted valuable XP on pointless endeavors... You completed missions when you started playing which weren't part of any LTQ. You have garbage iph so you again waste XP on raiding and fighting for cash. Then you want to cry when your sad, pathetic excuse for an account is too weak to compete in certain events.

You could have played smart from the start... But you didn't. You now... Have the benefit of playing without any concern for XP gain. You have more skill points than me and likely way more energy. Those are your bonuses for rushing ahead and thoughtlessly playing. Be happy for that. Yet... You aren't. You now want Gree to favor you bc of your poor choice. "I want whatever strategy I use to be rewarded". That's what you're saying. But you KNEW the cons of leveling fast and you did it anyways.

You guys complain about this game not having any strategy... Well THAT'S the strategy. It's much harder to manage events carefully and be mindful of XP. You have removed that little obstacle. You get rewarded in LTQs (more skill points for energy) and war (yes you get garbage WD payout but you have more targets and are able to fight against people 100-200 levels below you). Now you ALSO want events to be easier for you. People who play smart get certain rewards. There are pros and cons to every strategy or style of play. Deal with it.

The main point of this rant is to make you understand a few simple facts:

1) LONG TERM PLAYER DOES NOT EQUAL HIGH LEVEL.

2) YOU ARE NOT GETTING PUNISHED FOR PLAYING A LONG TIME.

3) YOU ARE GETTING PUNISHED BECAUSE YOU USED A BAD STRATEGY AND ARE WEAK FOR YOUR LEVEL.

4) STAT/LEVEL RATIO HAS ALWAYS BEEN IMPORTANT SO STOP CRYING EVERY TIME AN EVENT ROLLS AROUND THAT DOESNT REWARD YOU FOR YOUR STUPID STYLE OF PLAY.

5) THERE ARE PROS AND CONS TO EACH STYLE OF PLAY. ENJOY YOUR PROS STOP WHINING ABOUT YOUR CONS. THIS IS NOTHING NEW.

Let the flaming begin.... just try not to short out your keyboards with your tears.

carpe diem
03-09-2014, 05:52 AM
Dang what a camper! Salute :)

'MAU' Mirsad-Ra
03-09-2014, 05:58 AM
Good for you 👏👏👏👏

I C STUFF
03-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Good points, OP.
The only comment I can add is always consider the consequences of your choices.

kamikazedriver
03-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Let the flaming begin.... just try not to short out your keyboards with your tears.

Awesome statement!!

Speed ump
03-09-2014, 06:25 AM
The camping seems to have worked for you. I think most of us joined a war game to war though. That part or the game means you gain xp, and grow in levels. I think if I were going to play without that element of the game, that there are other games better suited to this, that allow many more intresting developments than this one does for that type of play. You seem to enjoy it though, and that in the end is all that matters. You do have to realize what the game is more geared towards, and why most people play it. I would not say they made poor choices, and I was also on since day one. If you or anyone were to tell me now that you knew back then why leveling up would do, I'd say you wernt being honest

JerseyGirl
03-09-2014, 06:30 AM
What stats do you got?

DFI
03-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Depends on your definition of fun. You might have had a ball doing what you did and I congratulate you. To others who have a shorter attention span, perhaps it's not the strategy that works for them. You could have made your post more informative for us by stating what your stats are and what level you play. We could then debate if depending on our own personal situation, we would have liked to mimic your strategy or go a different way. We have one person in our faction who is a lv100, top 10 and 30mm stats. I won't bother mentioning his IPH as it's not 7 digits. So I wonder if you're having as much fun as he is.

redvenge99
03-09-2014, 07:54 AM
When i first started I went up 150 lvls in 3 days(there was an npc that gave 303 xp) but 3 of us came in 1500 that war and had a blast doing it. 7 months later im lvl 199 I am average stats and iph, from what I see in my rivals list, yes I have slowed a little because I learned the game, but I still lvl a couple times a month. At the op rate he must only log in everday and collect. Thats not fun...

But my mini on the other hand... good post and correct.

bisogun35
03-09-2014, 08:01 AM
wish you success

I C STUFF
03-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Live and let live is my approach to life and the game.
If camping is enjoyable to the OP, good for him.
The war aspect is simply buying gold and tapping.
If you enjoy that, good for you, too.
If someone budgets $10.00 a month for this game, and another person budgets $10,000 a week, bully for both of them.
People speak of enjoyment and recreation, and that's great.
Some folks enjoy jogging, others golf, some bowl, others like hoops, some are couch potatoes, and many are chairborne warriors.
Isn't it time to stop bickering, respect different ideas, and chill?

Kimm
03-09-2014, 09:30 AM
I fully agree with the op here, I have both an hlp and an llp, both have their pros and cons, and I enjoy playing both in different strategies.

DFI
03-09-2014, 09:35 AM
I fully agree with the op here, I have both an hlp and an llp, both have their pros and cons, and I enjoy playing both in different strategies.

Agree, but I don't think the OP is saying the same.

Speed ump
03-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Dfi, if you were asking my stats, I'm about 260m and lvL 300,230m lvL 300, and 130 m lvL 267, on my top three games. I have plenty of fun, but find it in diff places. I enjoy the crybabies who can't stand playing a war game. A lot seem to think that they should have a shot at first place, and cry about that. The game play itself is not where I derive my gun, my the social aspect, and interactions. Ic, what you are saying recently, and above goes against what you have said and done here for months. More smoke and mirrors, or an actual change in thinking? Time will tell

Agent Orange
03-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Hmm my forum join date is Nov 2011, which was exactly 2-3 days after the game was released on the Canadian app store. So there seems to be a missing 1 month eh.

I think that the real issue is that folks expect this to be some sort of strategy game, it was sort of at the very beginning but that changed the minute someone at Funzio started messing with the way the game was played and with the stats of a few units.

Personally I don't see camping as much of a strategy in a war game, especially now that you can bulk up a brand new player by putting them in a strong established faction and take full advantage of the unit bonuses available when Faction LTQ's occur.

Also consider that having a big economy isn't really going to do much any longer, cash units are useless, defence buildings are no longer strong enough. But it is nice for the stronger players who come in and take away all that hard earned cash. Kind of makes me want to fully cloak my base.

You are getting punished for not spending a crapload of real cash though….

mwfighter
03-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Quick background I've been playing the game since 2011 as well, so I'm aware of the history as much as you and other long time players.

Please bear with me as I destroy your post.

You haven't been more active than me. It has been the case SINCE THIS GAME STARTED.... That you ALWAYS want to be strong for you level.

Clearly you camped and weren't as active as most other players who joined in 2011 or early 2012. You cannot say we weren't more active, otherwise how could we have obtained all the extra XP? This is a contradiction to your premise you watched XP and are L130. Most players did Raids, PvP attacks to complete missions. They also did map missions. These are the days before Factions and any type of limited time events.

As for being strong for your level, it was relative, those who attacked more collected more valor. Those with more valor got strong units. Those who raided had more cash and bought more expensive units. So the super active who didn't use gold actually had good stats no matter what level, very few attacks except for a small percentage of the gold heavy guys & gals.

This is nothing new so stop acting like it's some big change they made to punish long time players.

Actually for the first year of MW and first WD (Brazil) leveling was not negative in any aspect of the game. All of a sudden Funzio/Gree changed war points to favor lower level. Plus made Epic Boss super easy for lower level. This could not be predicted for active daily players. By then already a year has elapsed and many players were L130-L200 by this time.

If you look at stats as a raw number (I'm sure many of you mindless whiners do) you are fools. This game is all about ratios. You wasted valuable XP on pointless endeavors... You completed missions when you started playing which weren't part of any LTQ. You have garbage iph so you again waste XP on raiding and fighting for cash. Then you want to cry when your sad, pathetic excuse for an account is too weak to compete in certain events.

Yes missions were done that weren't part of any LTQ. Then again LTQ never EXISTED. Not everyone has a crystal ball and knows MW is going to add LTQ events and completely flip the game so higher levels are punished by the actual game makers. At no point in time in the first year of MW existence was there a handicap by Funzio for high levels. Funzio/Gree changed game mechanics to directly punish high level. It helped campers and not active players. That's a cold fact.

You could have played smart from the start... But you didn't. You now...

So you camped, congrats. I don't think that's what others wanted from a war game. Nor did they expected the company of a war game to penalize them for being active in event...
Hence the reason for the high level complaints.

You guys complain about this game not having any strategy... Well THAT'S the strategy. It's much harder to manage events carefully and be mindful of XP. You have removed that little obstacle. You get rewarded in LTQs (more skill points for energy) and war (yes you get garbage WD payout but you have more targets and are able to fight against people 100-200 levels below you). Now you ALSO want events to be easier for you. People who play smart get certain rewards. There are pros and cons to every strategy or style of play. Deal with it.

More blah, blah from you. Honestly people were maxed at L200 before Brazil WD and camping strategy isn't some brilliant thing you discovered. You're satisfied to look at a screen and do nothing, others aren't. You just go lucky with Gree changing WD points after WD started and making Epic Boss super easy for lower level. Don't act like you're a master tactician.

1) LONG TERM PLAYER DOES NOT EQUAL HIGH LEVEL.
There's close to a 99% positive correlation between long term player and high level.

2) YOU ARE NOT GETTING PUNISHED FOR PLAYING A LONG TIME.
99% of them are

3) YOU ARE GETTING PUNISHED BECAUSE YOU USED A BAD STRATEGY AND ARE WEAK FOR YOUR LEVEL.
We're not getting "punished", Gree is just trying to scam high levels into using more gold since they feel they've determined the elasticity of that customer base and know how to exploit it. The strategy was sound until they changed it after 1 year. They can change anything they want at any time, cannot predict the ways of a company trying to extract as much profit from its customer base without any other consideration.

4) STAT/LEVEL RATIO HAS ALWAYS BEEN IMPORTANT SO STOP CRYING EVERY TIME AN EVENT ROLLS AROUND THAT DOESNT REWARD YOU FOR YOUR STUPID STYLE OF PLAY.
Hyper-inflation of stats completely changed stat to level. At one point 200K for L200 was the highest in MW and was unbelievable to have 1K for 1L, so what's your point here?

5) THERE ARE PROS AND CONS TO EACH STYLE OF PLAY. ENJOY YOUR PROS STOP WHINING ABOUT YOUR CONS. THIS IS NOTHING NEW.
Absolutely, but when a company continues to disproportionally penalize a segment of its customer base and increasingly making it worse month to month, this leads to complaints. Disapproval seems natural.

I'm surprised your CPU didn't blow up with the amount of incorrect statements/assertions that came out of your device.

QED

yupyup
03-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Good for the OP for leeching at factions.
Nobody can be that lvl for that period of time if they are active contributing to a faction

Once again, good job at leeching

Rob TRK
03-09-2014, 01:30 PM
As always it all comes down to perspective and opinion. Been playing for a fair while, can't claim the longevity of some of the learned colleagues who have posted, but do have the 1 year anniversary unit (Go me!). Level 259 stats okay for the level by not outstanding. Also have a mini. Both play differently because I've learnt the game....
Bottom line is this is for me a wargame and so I go to war. I raid opponents regularly. I love to smash the boss events as far as I can. Bottom line for me I want to get that Dragon Cmdr rank as soon as I can irrespective of the stats. If I get raided by someone who's stronger than me so what it's not real money and I can go get some more....
I play because of the faction I'm in and the enjoyment that hitting the completion of shared event and war placement gives me
I even spend some Gold doing it knowing it's a pretty ridiculous thing to spend money on.

This is just a game. None of us "win" anything. It has no relevance anywhere in life other than some fun..

Play how you want...

qwertyguy
03-09-2014, 01:47 PM
So a camper claims everyone else used a bad strategy in a war game simply because they chose to fight. He wins by basically not playing.

After trying all possible combinations and permutations in an effort to combat the insane, irresponsible game stat inflation by Gree, I've come to the conclusion that the only way to win this game is to Not Play.

I knew this already, but your statement about being here from the beginning and only getting to level 130 confirms it for me. It's time for me to say goodbye.

Bah BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent Orange
03-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Thanks mwfighter, you did a great job of summing this up.

Oh and speaking of being punished for being at a high level my L264 HLP is struggling to finish L10 in this boss event. My L40 LLP just breezed through L27.

DFI
03-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Dfi, if you were asking my stats, I'm about 260m and lvL 300,230m lvL 300, and 130 m lvL 267, on my top three games. I have plenty of fun, but find it in diff places. I enjoy the crybabies who can't stand playing a war game. A lot seem to think that they should have a shot at first place, and cry about that. The game play itself is not where I derive my gun, my the social aspect, and interactions. Ic, what you are saying recently, and above goes against what you have said and done here for months. More smoke and mirrors, or an actual change in thinking? Time will tell

Thanks. But I was referring to the OP, as without knowing his stats and the level of his play, the perspective can be quite different. Perhaps when the game dies in a few years, he could be the last player standing at lv131. I might be lv250 by then and kicking myself for not picking up that 10mm stat unit that gree will eventually release.

Speed ump
03-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Lol. You have to live life to enjoy it. Just merely surviving dosnt seem very interesting, though that's his certainly his right.

lemonhaze
03-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Quick background I've been playing the game since 2011 as well, so I'm aware of the history as much as you and other long time players.

Clearly you camped and weren't as active as most other players who joined in 2011 or early 2012. You cannot say we weren't more active, otherwise how could we have obtained all the extra XP? This is a contradiction to your premise you watched XP and are L130. Most players did Raids, PvP attacks to complete missions. They also did map missions. These are the days before Factions and any type of limited time events.

As for being strong for your level, it was relative, those who attacked more collected more valor. Those with more valor got strong units. Those who raided had more cash and bought more expensive units. So the super active who didn't use gold actually had good stats no matter what level, very few attacks except for a small percentage of the gold heavy guys & gals.

Actually for the first year of MW and first WD (Brazil) leveling was not negative in any aspect of the game. All of a sudden Funzio/Gree changed war points to favor lower level. Plus made Epic Boss super easy for lower level. This could not be predicted for active daily players. By then already a year has elapsed and many players were L130-L200 by this time.

Yes missions were done that weren't part of any LTQ. Then again LTQ never EXISTED. Not everyone has a crystal ball and knows MW is going to add LTQ events and completely flip the game so higher levels are punished by the actual game makers. At no point in time in the first year of MW existence was there a handicap by Funzio for high levels. Funzio/Gree changed game mechanics to directly punish high level. It helped campers and not active players. That's a cold fact.

So you camped, congrats. I don't think that's what others wanted from a war game. Nor did they expected the company of a war game to penalize them for being active in event...

More blah, blah from you. Honestly people were maxed at L200 before Brazil WD and camping strategy isn't some brilliant thing you discovered. You're satisfied to look at a screen and do nothing, others aren't. You just go lucky with Gree changing WD points after WD started and making Epic Boss super easy for lower level. Don't act like you're a master tactician.

There's close to a 99% positive correlation between long term player and high level.

99% of them are

We're not getting "punished", Gree is just trying to scam high levels into using more gold since they feel they've determined the elasticity of that customer base and know how to exploit it. The strategy was sound until they changed it after 1 year. They can change anything they want at any time, cannot predict the ways of a company trying to extract as much profit from its customer base without any other consideration.

Hyper-inflation of stats completely changed stat to level. At one point 200K for L200 was the highest in MW and was unbelievable to have 1K for 1L, so what's your point here?

Absolutely, but when a company continues to disproportionally penalize a segment of its customer base and increasingly making it worse month to month, this leads to complaints. Disapproval seems natural.

I'm surprised your CPU didn't blow up with the amount of incorrect statements/assertions that came out of your device.

QED 100% agree i started this game in nov 2011 and i did missons it said in the folder..the OP could not have known 13 months later they was gonna put out factions and make the ones suffer that actually played the game how it was designed..

MojoJojo
03-09-2014, 11:38 PM

99% of them are

QED

100% agree with this as well. The game has done a compleat 180 from what it started to be. The only thing gree hasn't totally screwed up is the iph.... but give them time. I'm sure they will figure a way to penalize a player with a high iph.

djsamtex
03-10-2014, 04:13 AM

99% of them are

QED

100% agree

fofito30
03-10-2014, 05:23 AM

99% of them are

QED

Amen!!! Well said and submitted. Those who claim they been playing since day one or for a quite long time and haven't level up at the same pace as 99% percent of players ought to be checked and investigated as they either exploiting glitches or just a camper, either way it's wrong.
Think its unfair that Gree punishes the players that have completed all events and leveled along the way in benefit of trying to find a balance between older and newer players, while the whole situation was created in part by the crazy stats hyper inflation.
Just my 2 cents

Pellatt
03-10-2014, 05:43 AM

99% of them are

QED

Well Said MWFighter! I hate Campers! my most enjoyable part of this game is the interaction of active players within a faction! As MWFighter says, GREE(d) exploit this fact, as that is where most players get their fun!

Agent Orange
03-10-2014, 06:35 AM
Well Said MWFighter! I hate Campers! my most enjoyable part of this game is the interaction of active players within a faction! As MWFighter says, GREE(d) exploit this fact, as that is where most players get their fun!

That is a very good point, fighting in factions was a great way to bring players together. Made a lot of friends doing this and showed the true depth of character that a lot of players have and gave us the chance to make friends with others who we will stay in touch with long after this game withers and dies.

fofito30
03-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this idea nor if anyone else has posted something along the lines, but here it goes: instead of basing all boss events on level tears (1-50; 51-100; etc) the boss energy should be based on the individual player attack. There are a lot of LLP's that have benefited greatly from "camping", glitches and the insane stats hyper inflation that a lot have higher and better stats than players with a lot of time playing and leveled at 280+.