PDA

View Full Version : just imagine

sxespanky
03-08-2014, 10:55 AM
the amount of real video games you people could have if you didn't spend hundreds on this game a week =]

"spent 2k gems and finally got a plus epic"

congrats, i spent $200 on roughly 4 video games that let me play them consecutively with more content than you can shake a stick at. i still don't understand big spenders in these awfully made games - the sprites all have 3-4 drawings, and that's the animation. >.< i wish the game was more fun. im just on my timely this month. so don't mind me.

Also, here is a live feed on Gree's development team making new content for the game guys! there is hope!

http://www.zastavki.com/pictures/1920x1200/2012/Interior_empty_Room_033227_.jpg

Tortura
03-23-2014, 06:48 AM
Also, here is a live feed on Gree's development team making new content for the game guys! there is hope!

http://www.zastavki.com/pictures/1920x1200/2012/Interior_empty_Room_033227_.jpg

Lol. That made me laugh. Gree's development team... tee hee hee

Daphne van der Jagt
01-10-2015, 12:23 PM
i don't get it either. I hAve never spend an eurocent on knd and I will never do that. There are two main reasons why I won't do that though. 1: i am a broke ass student. 2: if you join a t10 guild, you will have an awesome strong war epic...... For like two weeks. Then they are as bad as blaze and tectonic. So annoying to see people who've played for a week with 3 epics or something. I am playing for a little less then a year and I got my first epic when I was over lv 100

Rookeye
01-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Let's see. A "real game" costs about 50 bucks or so for approximately 50 hours of enjoyment, if I use Legend of Zelda or Kingdom Hearts as an arbitrary baseline. So...a buck an hour. How many flippin hours have I spent playing this game?! A war alone is over 50 hours in a single weekend. I refuse to complain about GREE "making money hand over fist" as if they are somehow robbing poor me. Horsefeathers... ;)

Based on your logic, Sxe, I owe GREE the better part of my income for the next year...and maybe my first born child... ;)

P.S. Obviously no one clocks a war straight through, but I still put in major time. Also, to the inevitable counter argument of the replayability of Zelda or KH, I still have played KnD more in six months than the replay value over the years I have owned those other two.

Ly0n0
01-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Let's see. A "real game" costs about 50 bucks or so for approximately 50 hours of enjoyment, if I use Legend of Zelda or Kingdom Hearts as an arbitrary baseline. So...a buck an hour. How many flippin hours have I spent playing this game?! A war alone is over 50 hours in a single weekend. I refuse to complain about GREE "making money hand over fist" as if they are somehow robbing poor me. Horsefeathers... ;)

Based on your logic, Sxe, I owe GREE the better part of my income for the next year...and maybe my first born child... ;)

P.S. Obviously no one clocks a war straight through, but I still put in major time. Also, to the inevitable counter argument of the replayability of Zelda or KH, I still have played KnD more in six months than the replay value over the years I have owned those other two.

I enjoy this game and have a good time with my guild, but please don't compare games like KnD to games like Zelda or Kingdom Hearts. You're ignorance will truly show when you do that.

Here's a humorous yet informative article that might help you understand why you have played KnD more than your other "real" games.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

Davis Buck
01-18-2015, 07:37 AM
I dont pay much i buy a little and suppliment with gems from offers

Rookeye
01-18-2015, 07:54 AM
I enjoy this game and have a good time with my guild, but please don't compare games like KnD to games like Zelda or Kingdom Hearts. You're ignorance will truly show when you do that.

Here's a humorous yet informative article that might help you understand why you have played KnD more than your other "real" games.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

Ignorance? Of what speakest thou?! I was arguing that I play KnD more than all others! Lol

I'm a connoisseur of games and I adore and own a great many "real ones", and have for a looooong time (think TRS-80 and Commodore 64...DonkeyKong port, anyone?). I remember when Pong came out. Pardon me for poking a little fun at the original argument; I think never the twain shall meet. ;)

As to expenditures, I feel no guilt "buying" either: a $50 "real game" or a $50 iTunes card to spend as I wish, on KnD, or any other ephemeral internet game. This brings me pleasure, so I fund it. I don't tell others what they can or can't spend their money on, I just thought the initial argument was flawed.

EDIT: You are aware that Cracked is a satire site, right? :) I agreed with the article though. Have read similar conclusions elsewhere. The "golden plume of light" reward bit was hilarious! ;)

Ly0n0
01-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Ignorance? Of what speakest thou?! I was arguing that I play KnD more than all others! Lol

I'm a connoisseur of games and I adore and own a great many "real ones", and have for a looooong time (think TRS-80 and Commodore 64...DonkeyKong port, anyone?). I remember when Pong came out. Pardon me for poking a little fun at the original argument; I think never the twain shall meet. ;)

As to expenditures, I feel no guilt "buying" either: a $50 "real game" or a $50 iTunes card to spend as I wish, on KnD, or any other ephemeral internet game. This brings me pleasure, so I fund it. I don't tell others what they can or can't spend their money on, I just thought the initial argument was flawed.

EDIT: You are aware that Cracked is a satire site, right? :) I agreed with the article though. Have read similar conclusions elsewhere. The "golden plume of light" reward bit was hilarious! ;)

Rook, gamer to gamer. I saw a comparison of two great video game franchises to a mobile game developed to keep people hooked and playing/paying. If you're just saying you play KnD more, I misunderstood what you said and apologize. Hell, I''ve clocked in more hours on KnD than alot of my favorite games, but I do realize it's developed to keep me playing, and I don't mind. I don't pay anything and I play my other games also. What I thought was being compared was the quality of games, but I know a veteran gamer like yourself knows the vast differences between the two( or three?). I don't care what anyone spends their money on. If you pump money into this game , I hope youre getting your value out of it and the developer is using that dough to make KnD better. I'm glad you liked the article, I recommend it to my relatives who play Candy Crush.

Rookeye
01-19-2015, 12:49 PM
I do indeed know the difference...and I enjoy stepping on the pad and getting my treat. ;) ;) ;)

I think you might be a kindred spirit... :)

MajNinja
01-23-2015, 03:10 PM
U don't have to spend a ton of money on this game to have fun.

FatBird
01-26-2015, 05:40 AM
You lack imagination

Rookeye
01-28-2015, 06:32 PM
You lack imagination

Who? ;) your post is nonspecific...

Phill - Immortal GM
01-28-2015, 11:53 PM
Who? ;) your post is nonspecific...
Fatbird says what Fatbird eats. He eats you. Run.

Rookeye
01-29-2015, 10:40 PM
Methinks Fatbird has largely overestimated the size of his stomach in relation to his available target...I may be a pretty kitty but I ain't bite-sized ;)

darkfyre27
02-19-2015, 09:33 AM
I only buy 10 bucks during the .99 cent sale.