PDA

View Full Version : Merge

Fireside
03-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Has any fraction been successful at a merge... did it work?
What did you all do?

Fireside Thinking of a merge...

Agent1200
03-07-2014, 08:38 AM
How many people you got and what's your average A/D?

Fireside
03-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Have total of 23 out of 30 spots 2.3 mil/2.8mil

Fireside
03-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Sad to say i have only about 15 that i got to join groupme

600fonz
03-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Been involved in a few talks regarding mergers and THE biggest stumbling block is always which faction retains their name/faction and what happens to the other faction.
Almost all the factions who say they are interested in a merger seem to want to have their team stay put and the other team to merge with them. Usually where it falls down as a bit if a risk involved.

Luxor69
03-07-2014, 08:48 AM
It depends what you call a success, and what you are looking for from the merge.

Some steps/tips:
a) How big is your Faction, and how big is the other, more importantly how many spare spaces do each have
b) What Bonuses do each Faction have - pick the best - make sure the other stops donating. You need to remove the sentiment of 'we want to merge only if its into us'
c) Who will lead out of the 2 Factions, and how will officers be set up
d) agree rules on donations, participation, and any outside apps such as Line/GroupMe etc, in fact Merger is easier discussed in a Groupme 'Merger Room' than in game.
e) The Faction who is being merged into needs to ensure space is available and maybe clear some inactives out.
f) The Faction Merging in needs to decide how many are active enough to merge.

If all this falls into place, success is improved activity and performance. You will have leakage, so if merging say 20 into a 30 member faction, success is not a 50 member Faction - if after a few weeks you have 40 members, but are completing more FLTQs and finish higher in battle than either Faction did before merger - its a success.

Depending how many you have in your Faction we could merge with you - PM me if interested, or just want to discuss more.

Ive been involved in KA, MW and CC mergers - and they usually improve the Group, to varying different levels of success!

Fireside
03-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Thank you...good Intell

pablodiablo696996
03-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Unless u r killing your faction. Never works out

Jannski
03-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I agree with Luxor.

We had a very successful merger... the key is both sides have to be willing to make compromises.

1. There needs to be at least one trusted mature officer to represent each "side" of the merger.
2. Consider compromises. If you're keeping the old faction as a feeder faction, pick someone who came from one side to lead one of the factions, someone who came from the other side to lead the main. We decided which was main and which was feeder 100% based on a comparison of bonuses. If you can get people to focus on the numbers for that decision, it keeps emotion out of it.
3. Put minis from each side in your feeder faction... mains stay in the faction you're driving for place with.
4. Pick a brand new name. No one gets to keep their old name. You're a new faction now, so give it a new name.

We merged and went from top 1000 to top 750. As the new guild solidified next we made top 500. Next, top 400. This last time we were in the top 250. Things are going well in spite of occasional differences.

We had one from each side as a leader... what happened over time as the trust grew is it didn't matter anymore. We're one team. Ever once in awhile we'll have differences... but you have that with any diverse group of people.

I will say it's easier to have a merger that fails than to have one that works... and if you have certain personality types vying for pixel power... it will fail. However, I KNOW it's possible to make it work with good leadership... because it worked quite well for us.

ardiamonds
03-07-2014, 10:18 AM
looks as if to throw a few wild cards in the mix that gree would let mergers take all bonuses and ley the teams merge them up to limit point

Philly982
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Mergers can be a good thing, but be careful. There are some shady teams out there with alternative motives other than a successful merger.

GTR
03-07-2014, 12:07 PM
It is about the people you're merging with. Get to know each other for a long time, and decide.

Fireside
03-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Very good input! Thank you...

italo512
03-07-2014, 06:51 PM
What we have done is let the officers of the incoming faction come over for a few days to check how we work. They'll leave and discuss with their faction. If they decide to come, the officers will retain their status. We are a democratic faction with voting on everything that happens here. By keeping their status, they have a voice!! The incoming members already know what we xpected,and it's not too much!! Everyone usually agrees!!!

evilbeef54
03-07-2014, 10:52 PM
in MW no, in CC we are 1 for 2 on mergers, the first one was 2 years ago, two top 750 teams merged together and became a top 150 team, this past jan we merged 2 top 150s and got top 75 for 2 cycles then it fell apart... VERY hard to pull off

the keys to doing it right

1) start small, get their leader and a couple top officer to come over and talk/look around
2) discuss game plans before merging to make sure everyone agrees
3) if they are coming to YOU do NOT give up leadership
4) be open to new ideas but do NOT give up your teams ideals if you are mostly free players and do well as free players dont merger with all gold players and then let them kick all your free OG, that just causes fights and will cause it to fall apart

basacially dont merge with anyone unless their goals and ideals are similar to yours, you do NOT want to make major changes to your game plan just get more active players

kamikazedriver
03-08-2014, 06:20 AM
Doesn't work, never will. Nobody wants to give up their faction that they have worked so hard on building. Unless maybe a newbie faction that hasn't purchased a bunch of upgrades.

Fireside
03-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Thank you all for great input... lots of good advice. Im going to use all info and go over it in my fraction and the other...
Fireside

RealLoads
03-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Just merged with another faction the other day. So far it has been great! Both my faction and the other are getting along and working well together. Communication is probably the most important thing when merging. What we did was make a group on groupme/kakao/line (which ever you use) and invite the officers of both factions. Talk with each other and get to know each other. Then plan how the merge will work, then send over someone to oversee the merge and let the whole merge begin. We merged a top 400 team and a top 500 team and should be top 250 this coming wd

Socks
03-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Faction. Not fraction. Damn that just irritates me.

pb23
03-08-2014, 10:58 PM

Me also lol.

However, kudos to everyone for being so helpful! I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been stated... but I did want to refute anyone who said mergers are impossible and guarantee death to a faction.

In a previous faction, we merged a couple Top 1500 teams and landed just outside the Top 50 in just 3 wars. This last time around, we merged two streak teams just before Turkey that were finishing in the Top 500, and in Finland we placed #20 and have grown a LOT since then... a successful merge always will attract better talent from which you can grow stronger!

Highly recommend a merger as it naturally eliminates dead weight and fills those voids (if you can call them that) with active players that can match your desired level of performance and activity.

Fireside
03-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Trying to improve what we have is still a fraction….. lol

goldacre84
03-11-2014, 04:06 AM

Anyone that says fraction...you know there's gonna be trouble there lol

sparky10
03-11-2014, 08:54 AM
mergers rarely work. everyone wants to do thing the way it was done in their old
faction and becomes an internal power struggle.

pb23
03-11-2014, 09:23 AM
mergers rarely work. everyone wants to do thing the way it was done in their old
faction and becomes an internal power struggle.

You'd be misinformed.

Jaebee
03-11-2014, 09:54 AM
If you merge two correct fractions, you might just end up with the number 1....lol

Kiko Matsing
03-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Our merger have done great on both, we did try a temporary merge first, then we have separated after one war, so basically we return back to our factions for the next war, from there we compared the results and decided that the merge will benifit both factions, and we finished top 150 in finland, main account went to the faction withbetter bonuses, and minus went to the other. That is 2 25 active members joining together. Eliminating dead weights that gives you heacaches

Stevekov
03-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Merging with fireside frightens me.
Merging with goldacre would be a different story.

Fireside
03-12-2014, 05:55 PM
That's good...LOL

twinland
03-13-2014, 05:44 AM
We are also looking for a merger, we finished top 1000 last war and cleaned out are dead weight. We have 13 spots opened for a merger. Or just some active players Faction id 881944526