PDA

View Full Version : Casualty Reduction Mechanic - Needs Restructuring

Evil Mastermind
03-07-2014, 07:15 AM
I know games evolve but I feel with the mass flux of indestructible units...this game has lost something. Part of the appeal used to be building a "better" army, not just adding another million to your attack or defense scores.

I think GREE should revamp "casualties" by implementing some new mechanics to the game, ultimately bringing back some of the original fun. I mean really...how can you have a war game without casualty, injury, or damage? Since the long term players have indestructible armies why not re-write the code to allow for some strategic game play. I am not saying make "indestructible" units destructible at this point, since many have paid a fortune for those shiny pixels. I am saying make it possible to damage air, sea, ground units and injure infantry units.

When a player attacks or is attacked, units can be immobilized making them inactive for some random period of time. Maybe it's 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour? This could revitalize the "casualty reduction" boosts and could be "damage/injury" reduction boosts.

Things to consider when implementing such a change:

1. Need a way to view entire inventory of units. Units should be viewable in some methodical way. Either alphabetical or from weakest to strongest or vice versa.

2. Need a way to view active units versus damaged or immobilized units and a counter showing when those units will become active again.

2. Remove the unit/ally cap. I never understood why there was a unit cap on number taken to battle. I assume it was for simplicity of writing the code. If you can build an army of million units then all of then should come to battle.

Just throwing an idea out there. I think it could bring back some of the original fun of the game. Everyone skyrocketing in stats without any way of neutralizing an opponent just doesn't make for much a of a war game.

Evil Mastermind
03-07-2014, 07:19 AM
This would certainly make for a more interesting WD event!

Evil Mastermind
03-07-2014, 07:21 AM
And of course...you could make it possible to "mobilize" those high powered units immediately by spending a little gold. ;)

jaxson22
03-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Why not also have casualty reduction to play a part in the "Full Assault" event. Have it to where you don't lose your indestructible units, but merely "injure" them or "break" them and have a cost (not gold) to repair them before they can be used again in the next battle. Maybe add a "repair timer" to the units before they can be used again. Kinda like an upgrade to a building.

Evil Mastermind
03-07-2014, 07:35 AM
Why not also have casualty reduction to play a part in the "Full Assault" event. Have it to where you don't lose your indestructible units, but merely "injure" them or "break" them and have a cost (not gold) to repair them before they can be used again in the next battle. Maybe add a "repair timer" to the units before they can be used again. Kinda like an upgrade to a building.

Now there is a good idea too. Casualty reduction should play a role in Full Assault. Just because you are potentially sacrificing a unit, doesn't mean it should have to die. Casualty Reduction should play a role.

I imagine there are numerous factions that are 0/7 on causualty reduction boosts since they currently serve no purpose.

JerseyGirl
03-07-2014, 12:22 PM
A very good suggestion.