PDA

View Full Version : CC No Longer Compatible w Android 2.2.2 OR Yesterday it Worked, Post Upgrade it don't

Zippy69
03-07-2014, 06:21 AM
Appreciate that there are threads / comments doted around the place complaining about the Post V4 Upgrade debacle...

However, I have yet to see an official mention of the fact that Android 2.2.2 is no longer compatible with Crime City...

Thanks for the Advance Warning / Heads Up!!!

I've been playing game for 6/7 months on my phone (by today's standards a venerable Galaxy Pro) with no major issues... yesterday, EPIC BOSS working, had to drop a bag of gold to kill my last level 10 Boss off (no where near finishing because of the ltd summoning)...

Post EPIC BOSS Upgrade...

My device is now completely incompatible because GREEdy no longer support Android 2.2.2!!!

NO WARNINGS
NOTHING ABOUT Minimum Android Version Required appearing in A&F's Version 4 Upgrade thread...

So, I've lost 6-7 months of hard work & a good 5 Million Stat Character, with NO NOTICE, the day before Battle Weekend...

Well, GREEdy you can whistle Dixie through you're derriere, if you think you getting a single penny/cent out of me ever again!!!

& before anyone says anything, my old phone won't sync with Samsung Kies, so I can't amend/update it's iOS... I have tried extensively!
& yes, they do have better things to do, problem is, getting them to do anything...

Just wanted to put this out there & some Forum Members who are struggling might not have realised that Minimum Requirement is now Android 2.3.3...

GREE: A Little Information goes a long way; especially when it critically affects whether or not you can play the game you've invested time & money into!

akindfoe
03-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Blame gree

Bandit_
03-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Don't pay for gold and buy a new phone.

Zippy69
03-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Don't pay for gold and buy a new phone.

I have a new phone...

it has a new account on it, that's growing into a mini beast!!!

I don't want to lose the old 5 mil account & take umbridge at fact that GREE have done something else, without informing their players first...

at least the Kindle players were aware that the game wasn't being supported; I haven't seen any obvious statements about previous, fully working versions of Android, being ceremoniously dropped

ohlo-00
03-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Update your android

Assault and Flattery
03-07-2014, 10:30 AM
We haven't supported that OS in months

Darwin
03-07-2014, 03:05 PM
You took my money last Friday, happily. So don't give me this about not supporting the app. I started playing when you did support the app... And never has Gree responded to my requests to migrate my account to iOS.

It has worked fine side loaded with Android version... Then your update.

Zippy69
03-07-2014, 05:45 PM
We haven't supported that OS in months

Well A&F, like the person above who mentioned taking money (although I think they're Kindle?), it's ironic that I make my 1st ever Gold purchase with that Android account & literally 20 minutes later it get locked out by the new Update, Post 'Special' Epic Boss!

Don't know how to do it (yet!) but I will be going for a Full Refund from Google Play

Assault and Flattery
03-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Are you able to update your OS? Sometimes we have to run forced upgrades to make sure people are running the right data. For this one, if you didn't update you wouldn't be able to play the Battle for Empire City because of new things we added.

KingOW
03-07-2014, 06:54 PM
I had the same problem, got locked out of my account on an Android running 2.2.2. Missed the first 6 hours of the battle waiting for the support to transfer the account to BlueStacks.

I don't understand why Gree lock us out, it would be way better if they let us in so we can transfer the account ourself - saving both us and the support time.

cooch
03-07-2014, 07:12 PM
I had the same problem, got locked out of my account on an Android running 2.2.2. Missed the first 6 hours of the battle waiting for the support to transfer the account to BlueStacks.

I don't understand why Gree lock us out, it would be way better if they let us in so we can transfer the account ourself - saving both us and the support time.

Hmm they don't support Bluestacks either...