PDA

View Full Version : Amazon dropped the crime city app from the store

Darwin
03-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Before all the android and iOS haters chime in... Please focus on the real issue.

(I have an iPad for my first account, I use my kindle for my second account).

In order to use the kindle, since Amazon stopped supporting the app in the months before the first raid boss, kindle users have been side loading the app with the android version from 1mobile...

What that has meant is that whenever we wanted to add gold as an in game purchase, we needed to uninstall the android version, and reinstall the Amazon version. Add gold. Uninstall Amazon version, and then reinstall 1mobile version. Pain in the ass, right? But Gree stopped supporting the Amazon app.

Tonight, since the android version wouldn't load, I thought I would just install the Amazon app for awhile to keep going with the LTQ. It's gone. Removed.

I've been on tech support with Amazon for an hour. They checked my time settings on kindle. Checked my country setting in Amazon, When the usual culprits didn't fix the problem, I was transferred to the "big problem solver guys"... and after checking, they have confirmed that the app is gone. It is removed from the system. They even gave me the direct link to see if I could fool it. B00816ZNIE was the code, btw... No dice.

So, now, even if I get the android version to work again. I can never make another in app gold purchase.

Someone from tech support, please respond.

Version 4.0 gets a big goose egg from me!

Gunn
03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
thems the breaks. no one is going to help you. I went through this a while ago. I ended up downloading the game from mobile 1, but now that's not working anymore with the update soo...

SgtLeavemealon
03-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Same problem here. I side loaded the app with the latest version from the play store but it still says upgrade to the new one. I have the new one but still will not open

Idiosyncrasy
03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Gree said they stopped supporting the Amazon version a long time ago.

Darwin
03-06-2014, 05:52 PM
They stopped supporting it, yes. But Amazon still had it in the app store.

No more.

And all past requests to Gree to transfer my game to iOS have fallen on deaf ears. Great.

Darwin
03-06-2014, 09:03 PM
What are we supposed to do, Gree? A moderator would be nice right now!

Idiosyncrasy
03-06-2014, 09:36 PM
That does sound frustrating. I'm trying to decipher a question from your OP. Are you just trying to transfer your game? I know they weren't able to transfer across platforms for a while, but maybe they can now. As automated as it sounds, did you submit a ticket? Seems that is the only way to get a response unless you're lucky.

If you can't get into the game, you can submit tickets through their website.
https://games.gree-support.net/

Herr Otto
03-07-2014, 03:11 AM
Same thing here....gree in their intimate wisdom just lost yet another gold buyer!! Way to go...that is a perfect business model.

sister morphine
03-07-2014, 03:21 AM
It's bad for you guys I agree, but the Kindle platform hasn't been supported for a very long time now.

1Shot
03-07-2014, 04:13 AM
#IOSVersion

sister morphine
03-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Gold transfers between accounts are not normally allowed I think, although Trev did sponsor a vault prize in an old competition run on this forum a long time ago. I don't know how he did that, so maybe it was just sending iTunes codes to the winner, but perhaps you could send a ticket in asking if it's possible for you to buy gold on your iPad account and transfer some over to the kindle one. Worth trying at least.

Darwin
03-07-2014, 04:35 AM
We can't get in to our games on the kindle.

My request to transfer to iOS was an old request... a last ditch effort.

The 1mobile app store sideload Android version has already worked in the past... why do they not have the 4.0 update, either?

Why can a mod not answer questions from an entire tablet ownerbase?

Ben Raines
03-07-2014, 07:31 AM
Put version 4.0.0.2 on my kindle yesterday from 1mobile and it works fine... just cant buy gold...

Darwin
03-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Ben, can you send the link. When I look on 1mobil, a new version does not show up

Ben Raines
03-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Ben, can you send the link. When I look on 1mobil, a new version does not show up

Don't have a link... Just went into the 1mobile app on the device and the update was already there waiting with all my other apps that needed updating.

cooch
03-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Gold transfers between accounts are not normally allowed I think, although Trev did sponsor a vault prize in an old competition run on this forum a long time ago. I don't know how he did that, so maybe it was just sending iTunes codes to the winner, but perhaps you could send a ticket in asking if it's possible for you to buy gold on your iPad account and transfer some over to the kindle one. Worth trying at least.

trav gave out itunes/google card numbers I believe.

As for the drama on kindles: Think Gree notified Amazon over a year ago that not supported and take it off amazon store. Amazon has their own QA review that completes after event over. So if you got issues take it up with Amazon. They are not up to snuff vs IOS and Droid stores.