PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible to allow an opponent to surrender?

I C STUFF
03-06-2014, 02:00 PM
OK.............

:).

Gree, would it be possible to allow a team to surrender during WD?

You could assess the team a penalty for surrendering, maybe 5% or 10% of their WD points.

If they continue to surrender, their points go negative.
You could also charge 100, 500, or 1,000 gold (in addition to what I describe below).

The team to whom they've surrendered would be guaranteed the score they've achieved at the time of the surrender plus the points the surrendering team were assessed to surrender and another 100,000 (or whatever you decide) bonus.

No team would have to senselessly get savaged ever again.

Both teams get more time to declare, and it could help with people complaining about being matched with teams too strong for them to fight unless they tap the CC.

I would think this could make more people happy, than unhappy.

Other members, please feel free to discuss.......

kguittar
03-06-2014, 02:12 PM
is this a poll for gree mods? good luck getting them to answer, haha. I think its a good idea to allow other teams to surrender but then they would need to do away with streak prizes and total win prizes. I don't see that happening since thats what resurrected WD in the first place.

I C STUFF
03-06-2014, 02:13 PM
I think its a good idea to allow other teams to surrender but then they would need to do away with streak prizes and total win prizes. I don't see that happening since thats what resurrected WD in the first place.Why would streak prizes need to be done away with?

kguittar
03-06-2014, 02:15 PM
I think because factions could manipulate the system by getting other factions to surrender. they could offer cash, folders, concrete, etc. then trade. once the faction gets their 50 wins and 12 streak they would shut it down for the weekend.

I C STUFF
03-06-2014, 02:29 PM
I think because factions could manipulate the system by getting other factions to surrender. they could offer cash, folders, concrete, etc. then trade. once the faction gets their 50 wins and 12 streak they would shut it down for the weekend. True, there will always be bad stuff. But, won't the good outweigh the bad?Besides, I'm sure what you said is probably being done in far more creative ways already and without any penalties.

oakletixfan
03-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Then teams could all just surrender in the first few minutes of facing SUP and then they would never score their millions of WD points or spend their gold? Gree would never do this since they would lose major money. Plus the entire leaderboard would be all out of wack. Something like this could ruin the WD

Speed ump
03-06-2014, 02:58 PM
How about this, the one who is being surrendered to has the choice to accept, or not.lol

Tito89
03-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Then teams could all just surrender in the first few minutes of facing SUP and then they would never score their millions of WD points or spend their gold? Gree would never do this since they would lose major money. Plus the entire leaderboard would be all out of wack. Something like this could ruin the WD

my thinking exactly. gree would lose money and they wont like that.

cool idea tho ;)

I C STUFF
03-06-2014, 04:15 PM
my thinking exactly. gree would lose money and they wont like that.

cool idea tho ;)

Gree officials have been on the forums regularly saying they are interested in all players having a better gaming experience.
I think we let the players think about this, just as Gree will consider it, and let's see if the players want this change or not.
I read where many smaller factions say they don't enjoying marking time or settling for slapping walls for an hour.
The bigger faction surely doesn't enjoy getting lower points by pounding a level 50 player with 5,000,000 stats, using their level 300 player with 50,000,000 stats, either.
This might make both the biggies and smallies happier.

Lacosta
03-06-2014, 04:19 PM
I think it is a fair idea. As long as the team surrendering gets a loss and ruin any streak they had going.

I C STUFF
03-06-2014, 04:45 PM
I think it is a fair idea. As long as the team surrendering gets a loss and ruin any streak they had going.

Yes, if you surrender it counts as a loss.
Plus, you suffer a point loss, and the other team gets a point increase.
To stop most hanky panky, Gree could limit surrenders to 4 every 12 hours.
If you accumulate negative points in excess of 1,000,000, then you could be DQ'ed.
I'm sure if this is adopted, there will be rules.
In fact, a financial penalty as much as 50, 100, 200 gold per player would also deter people doing this to help their friends or their HLP faction using their LLP faction.
That way, Gree would not lose revenue, because everything should have a price.

Blodiea
03-06-2014, 04:57 PM
If they would allow it the only way I see it should be done is a one time per wd event. To many people would find a way to manipulate this feature.

2MblaZ
03-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Yes, please. Also it gives every surrendee like 50 gold and encourages to not surrender anymore.

rahibi
03-06-2014, 09:24 PM
I see it as a great idea but dont feel it should be implemented. Im in a newer smaller faction. About half are newbies under lvl 20. The rest are a little more experienced. We have decent stats but nowhere near some of the guys we have faced. Luckily the guys that can and could clobber us have just gotten their points in and called it. They remained classy and used self control when they saw our strength. This feature would be manipulated to hurt some.

Skelewu
03-06-2014, 11:06 PM
OK.............

:).

Gree, would it be possible to allow a team to surrender during WD?

You could assess the team a penalty for surrendering, maybe 5% or 10% of their WD points.

If they continue to surrender, their points go negative.
You could also charge 100, 500, or 1,000 gold (in addition to what I describe below).

The team to whom they've surrendered would be guaranteed the score they've achieved at the time of the surrender plus the points the surrendering team were assessed to surrender and another 100,000 (or whatever you decide) bonus.

No team would have to senselessly get savaged ever again.

Both teams get more time to declare, and it could help with people complaining about being matched with teams too strong for them to fight unless they tap the CC.

I would think this could make more people happy, than unhappy.

Other members, please feel free to discuss.......

I wonder where you come up with all this ideas. Guess over a glass of budweiser

JerseyGirl
03-06-2014, 11:35 PM
I suggest to give faction an aportunity to surrender 3 times in a wd, because you always end up fighing a top10 faction once a war minimaly, when ur faction is only top100

AfterHours-Oliver
03-07-2014, 12:52 AM
Great idea, chances of happening though....? Slim I reckon.