PDA

View Full Version : important question

Jeremy Kyle
03-05-2014, 08:51 AM
okay i recently broke my device, i have another one arriving on friday, if i connect my new device to my pc and back it up with everything from my old phone will my cc acc be on that new device or will i need gree to do the transfer?

Ryan the Great8
03-05-2014, 08:55 AM
That's a great question. It all depends on what kind of device you were using and how recently it was backed up to your PC. GREE support has said in the past that synching through your PC with itunes would transfer your account, but from my experience that did not work. Maybe that has been fixed with the latest update but I would not have too much faith. Unfortunately I'd guess you are going to have to go through support for the transfer

Jeremy Kyle
03-05-2014, 08:56 AM
thats a shame as the device doesnt come until friday and i would like it for war as its got gold sat on it. the back up on my pc is about a month old too.

thankyou for the advice

paparichi
03-05-2014, 08:56 AM
the answer u will get from gree is, yes u can do it with a back up restore.
but in reality, it never works, and u will need to send in request to transfer.

polly
03-05-2014, 09:15 AM
The new update is supposed to fix the transfer portion. IOS has already updated, still waiting for android to update

Jeremy Kyle
03-05-2014, 09:17 AM
The new update is supposed to fix the transfer portion. IOS has already updated, still waiting for android to update

the old device is completly broken, like 6 peices broken

sister morphine
03-05-2014, 09:38 AM
the old device is completly broken, like 6 peices broken
Lol, what did you do for that to happen; test a steamroller or something? :D

MattThomas08
03-05-2014, 10:06 AM

Probably got upset with Gree and smashed it to pieces. ;)

RealTeflonDon
03-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Just to clarify, it doesn't matter when the device was backed up as, player profiles are saved on GREE's server. So the only important bit in that backup is the UDID file. As long as that transfers, you should be okay. Granted, GREE never makes things that easy. Best of luck & fingers crossed you don't need to go through "support"

Jeremy Kyle
03-05-2014, 11:03 AM

dropped it and the screen shattered, so i threw it really hard at a wall lol

Just to clarify, it doesn't matter when the device was backed up as, player profiles are saved on GREE's server. So the only important bit in that backup is the UDID file. As long as that transfers, you should be okay. Granted, GREE never makes things that easy. Best of luck & fingers crossed you don't need to go through "support"

cheers hopefully i can get that done without issue friday

Assault and Flattery
03-05-2014, 11:30 AM
No, because it's linked to your device.

Jeremy Kyle
03-05-2014, 11:39 AM
No, because it's linked to your device.

so i have no chance of getting cc for war then?

Jeremy Kyle
03-05-2014, 11:40 AM
so i have no chance of getting cc for war then?

and if i backed up that device on i coud cc isnt linked to that backup?

Assault and Flattery
03-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Oh, iCloud backup should work.

Jeremy Kyle
03-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Oh, iCloud backup should work.

so theres still a glimmer of hope lol

reticlover
03-05-2014, 12:02 PM
looks that way. just hope the phone arrives in time for battle to start

Luv4UR Mom
03-05-2014, 07:49 PM
The title for this thread is misleading. Personally, I found this to be a very unimportant thread.

Ryan the Great8
03-05-2014, 07:57 PM
The title for this thread is misleading. Personally, I found this to be a very unimportant thread.

That's funny, most of us find you to be an unimportant poster.

Jeremy Kyle
03-05-2014, 11:01 PM
That's funny, most of us find you to be an unimportant poster.

well said

and it was important to me and my team mates

polly
03-05-2014, 11:29 PM
I could not get my game to back up on I cloud, photos and contacts are what I cloud did

RealTeflonDon
03-05-2014, 11:37 PM
so theres still a glimmer of hope lol
The key word there is, "should".

The Toe
03-06-2014, 07:57 AM
I wish you luck on getting in this war, I broke my sons tablet during last war. I didn't get the replacement in until Feb 27th, when I reinstalled CC, got the new mafia ID number and submitted a ticket to have the game transfered to the new device (much like you my screen was shattered and I couldn't do an ingame transfer). Now It's only 24hrs before this war, and it looks like he will again miss out, since so far we have only gotten the automated reply about tickets taking longer than normal.

Jeremy Kyle
03-06-2014, 08:11 AM
I wish you luck on getting in this war, I broke my sons tablet during last war. I didn't get the replacement in until Feb 27th, when I reinstalled CC, got the new mafia ID number and submitted a ticket to have the game transfered to the new device (much like you my screen was shattered and I couldn't do an ingame transfer). Now It's only 24hrs before this war, and it looks like he will again miss out, since so far we have only gotten the automated reply about tickets taking longer than normal.

wow thats crazymaybe i will be lucky to have my acc by next war

KlitschkO
03-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Jeremy if u use a phone with droid try this: if u can uninstall from broken phone the game and delete gmail account that you logged in game, after on new device install game and logg in with your gmail account...normally must appear that box with resume data...something like this and game must resume where u remain on old device...a friend make this with Clash of Clans game...uninstall from old device and delete gmail account and on new device install game and logg in with gmail acc...and his game start from level where remain. good luck

Jeremy Kyle
03-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Jeremy if u use a phone with droid try this: if u can uninstall from broken phone the game and delete gmail account that you logged in game, after on new device install game and logg in with your gmail account...normally must appear that box with resume data...something like this and game must resume where u remain on old device...a friend make this with Clash of Clans game...uninstall from old device and delete gmail account and on new device install game and logg in with gmail acc...and his game start from level where remain. good luck

old device is in several different peices id be lucky to get it put together nvm turn on lol.

its a good peice of advie for others though

Jclew
03-06-2014, 08:54 AM
old device is in several different peices id be lucky to get it put together nvm turn on lol.

its a good peice of advie for others though

Yes good advice, but CoC is set up totally different where you can "link" devices and use the same in-game player from multiple devices without transfers. Gree isn't at the comprehension level or the give a sheet level to do that.