PDA

View Full Version : Stolen account

gramps
03-04-2014, 08:40 PM
I came home tonight hoping to spend some time attacking the new epic boss on my iPhone and much to my surprise after a restart of the game I have a new identity. It is about 36 levels higher than I was and even has an epic. However, the person who stole my little level 40 account did not know how to play and it is trash. I was so thankful that it was not my main identity with 6 maxed epics but I am disgusted that this can still happen. With account bindings why is gree allowing this garbage to go on? I am so afraid that someone will get my level 300 plus account.

I know I am to go through support for getting this corrected. I also know it will take weeks. But I also am taking my friend code off my signature just in case.

Dark Prince
03-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Personally I never ever advertise my friend code because of this, unfortunate stuff

smujica93
03-05-2014, 08:59 AM
How would someone even be able to steal your account with only your friend code? You'd think binding would solve this problem.

The Pale Rider
03-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Everyone on your FL (or who has ever been on your FL and saved it) can see your FC. Plus they can snap a pic and post it as well. It was a crappy system that binding was to have replaced.

smujica93
03-05-2014, 09:16 AM
What can be done to prevent it? I've worked really hard on my account and would be so pissed if some hacker stole it from me.

Cyphre
03-05-2014, 09:58 AM
What happens if people get the email you bound your account with?

SmokeSomePeaches
03-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Your account isn't bound until you bind it yourself. Leave it unbound?

zaunfink
03-05-2014, 01:12 PM
If we're talking only the address, nothing. They can't retrieve it, because the need the code. If they have access to your mailaccount, you have bigger problems

FireHawk
06-17-2014, 12:01 AM
I lost my account. I was switching to a new phone and bound my account. When I tried to complete it it said the e-mail was invalid. My guild mates have told me that an hour after I tried this my account donated 8 mil gold, said hi in guild chat and friended one of the newer members. Also, all of my armors are gone. I sent in a ticket and am patiently waiting. Any advice from would be appreciated.

holydinges2
06-17-2014, 08:27 AM
dont share pictures of your knights names, dont advertise all the guilds u have been in, dont advertise friend code etc etc. gem counts also dont share those. u can sent a ticket to gree in case u lost ur account. if an evil doe'er has this info he can pretent to be the owner and ask gree to retrieve account for him. this way u can lose youre account even when u took proper safety procedures like binding.

legalious
06-17-2014, 09:33 AM
This is a serious issue if they are just able to use friend code and take your account.

Rookeye
06-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Um...so I SHOULD or should not bind my account? Should or should not take my friend code off, now that it's been seen a few hundred times?