PDA

View Full Version : CC 4.0 fixes and changes

Assault and Flattery
03-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Hey guys,

Later today we are releasing v4.0 - here are the major features and fixes:

Individual leaderboards and prizes for Battle for Empire City - you'll now be able to track participants on an individual basis and also be rewarded separate prizes. There will be tiers for individual prizes - please note that unlike the syndicate prizes, you will get 1 prize for the tier you're in, not all the prizes down.

Funzio ID - FIXED - all of your transferring dreams have come true

Can only view one page of mafia members - FIXED

[Android Fix] Added confirmation button for instant building and expansion upgrade

[Android Fix] Removed widget from game (it didn't work anyway)
Oh, also the thing where the newsfeed didn't show how much you were robbed for made it into 4.0

surfinguy369
03-04-2014, 11:25 AM
So what are bugs that will come along with this version?

SammyTheBull
03-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Hey guys,

Individual leaderboards and prizes for Battle for Empire City - you'll now be able to track participants on an individual basis and also be rewarded separate prizes. There will be tiers for individual prizes - please note that unlike the syndicate prizes, you will get 1 prize for the tier you're in, not all the prizes down.

[Android Fix] Added confirmation button for instant building and expansion upgrade

Good to hear A&F! thanks for the update

nazgul
03-04-2014, 11:38 AM

That would have been nice on iOS as well!

Act Like You Know
03-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Nice adds!

Nick010
03-04-2014, 11:47 AM
A&F do you know if ios will also get a button for purchase on buildings/items etc?

ROLLDICE
03-04-2014, 11:58 AM
So is the battle for empire city more of an individual event than a syndicate event, since we are adding individual prizes?

Bartolo
03-04-2014, 12:03 PM
there goes the team aspect of battles, smh.

Fredfreddy
03-04-2014, 12:12 PM
So is the battle for empire city more of an individual event than a syndicate event, since we are adding individual prizes?

there goes the team aspect of battles, smh.

The individual bit already exists. (beat 1 rival, beat 5 rivals, etc) it sounds like they're just making the leaderboard more transparent, so it doesn't change the core aspect of war being a syndicate event.

Nighteg
03-04-2014, 12:16 PM
When are you going to fix the war formula where high lvl players being punished simply for being high lvl?

reticlover
03-04-2014, 12:21 PM
what widget are u talking about?

what about adding the comfirm button to anything bought with gold other than health refills

Fredfreddy
03-04-2014, 12:23 PM
When are you going to fix the war formula where high lvl players being punished simply for being high lvl?

It's the heart and soul of camping, and a core fundamental of all of the Gree games. When they really do want to get rid of camping they will remove "level" from the formula that determines how much IP you get when you hit someone in a battle.

mulabenzy
03-04-2014, 12:24 PM

The one nobody used.

reticlover
03-04-2014, 12:29 PM
The one nobody used.

dont even know about any widget. maybe its the one that slows down android users

trickymicky
03-04-2014, 12:43 PM
So to clarify,, is the WIDGET you are removing, the Gree icon just under our level and xp bar? That would be nice!

evilmind
03-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Update is up on iOS so looks like it will be on both platforms

raymondmccabemfc
03-04-2014, 01:02 PM
So I install update on ios and transfer my game, still doesnt work epic FAIL.

Major_Death
03-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the information

Hedley
03-04-2014, 01:47 PM
I'll be putting this off as long as possible. Last time I updated I couldnt get into the game for three days. Had to load a backed up version of the app via iTunes.

But at least you're working on things other than making the game into the ultimate cash cow.

michael133
03-04-2014, 02:01 PM

Is that mean iOS to Android or Android to iOS ?

Jpenn74
03-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Thank you much for fixing transfer!!

Davidvilla
03-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks A&F.

Is iOS to Android transfer still only available via sending a ticket ?

raymondmccabemfc
03-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Thanks A&F.

Is iOS to Android transfer still only available via sending a ticket ?

I would assume this is the case, but assumption is the mother of all ****ups.

Chica
03-04-2014, 02:31 PM

This is the widget, it used to tell you how much stamina, cash on hand, xp and energy you had and most recent news feed but they "fixed it".

cooch
03-04-2014, 03:40 PM

what about adding the comfirm button to anything bought with gold other than health refills

Expect Gree to be forced to put this feature in all their games in less than a year. The EU has set a commission specifically to investigate Freemium games and the number of issues raised by EU members/citizens.

It meets this Friday with Google, Apple, makers of Candy Crush, some EU association that Gree probably belongs to. The EU will probably announce as a result of the series of meetings changes to protect it's consumers.

Gree is a top 100 seller with many complaints within EU countries so expect the button change or refunds granted rather than refused. I don't think Apple/Google are going to make geographic exceptions to changes required of third parties. So if you are in the EU hit up whatever your country agency is to handle complaints on Freemium games.

RealTeflonDon
03-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Cooch, you have a source for that?

Also, anyone know if the update safe?

Purple thong
03-04-2014, 04:02 PM
What about the daily scratcher. It's the one we use the most, whether we like it or not...

RealTeflonDon
03-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Looking in the Play Store... No option to update to CC v4.0

Btw, what happened to versions 3.9.5, 3.9.6, 3.9.7, 3.9.8, & 3.9.9?

Green Drake
03-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Guess I don't understand why after all these updates the issue with $1 thru $5 "robs" on buildings that have already been looted persist. You ask us to spend 10 gold to refill our stamina and then we hit buildings that produce virtually nothing. Seems horribly unfair.

CCKallDAY
03-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Even more gold for GREE.

xavvax
03-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Guess I don't understand why after all these updates the issue with $1 thru $5 "robs" on buildings that have already been looted persist. You ask us to spend 10 gold to refill our stamina and then we hit buildings that produce virtually nothing. Seems horribly unfair.

Thats from the code that has buildings with an odd numbered payout. If they made every payout an even number after 2 hits there would be nothing to rob, but since some are odd they leave $1 left. It is by far my most disliked aspect of this game

Ryan the Great8
03-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Thank you GREE!
This update allowed me to transfer my game to my new iPad with the FunzioId. Worked like a charm, just like it was suppose to.
Sincere thank you!

***iOs to iOs transfer***

Klideas
03-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Please let us know if u were able to transfer from iOS to droid with ID. Thanks

reticlover
03-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Please let us know if u were able to transfer from iOS to droid with ID. Thanks

Only via ticket to gree

Klideas
03-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Ahh rats. Thanks for letting me know

Green Drake
03-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Thats from the code that has buildings with an odd numbered payout. If they made every payout an even number after 2 hits there would be nothing to rob, but since some are odd they leave $1 left. It is by far my most disliked aspect of this game
Sorry have heard that argument before and doesn't make sense. If that were true then why are there also $2,$3,$4 and $5 dollar robs as well?

chubbibee
03-04-2014, 08:33 PM
I prefer Like other games you can log in and out on different devices! The transfer sucks! Like makers of blood brothers you can log in and out on different devices. in case your phone breaks you got a tablet or another phone as back up then you can log back on and resume play! Gree needs to do same thing as blood brothers! Also Gree need to Improve during epic boss the mega attack using gold is a joke! it doesnt do much damage! Improve it by doing more damage so you wont waste too much gold! One thing you should add feature you know the red button? It should have a added feature only Leader and officers can declare war and summon raid boss! and Gree Since Mobage (Maker of blood brothers and other popular games) They always have coins giveaways, You should do samething for gold giveaways contest, like enter your CC ID chance to win 500 to 25,000 gold bars I won 500 coins I didnt know about when I enter on Mobage facebook page! If Mobage is generous on daily coin giveaways then you should be generous on gold giveaways!

Rodimus
03-04-2014, 08:39 PM

GREE knows what goes on in messaging apps and are trying to counter it by doing this. I wouldn't be surprised if GREE phased out syndicates all together.

RealTeflonDon
03-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Individual prizes are just an incentive for each player to do better.. nothing wrong with that.

They've also added a prize that every member of the syndicate will get depending on which tier they end up in, on top of the tiered prizes you would normally get. Also nothing wrong with that.

If GREE didnt screw something up this cycle, it was that.

Withholding that the war will be shut down Saturday night from 11pm PST until Sunday 4am PST, is ludicrous though.

That info should have been announced March 1st... rather, its sitting in the announcements sub-forum, waiting to be moved to each specific forum. Pathetic.

Tora
03-04-2014, 10:35 PM
The transfer does not work for ios7. I was trying to transfer game from my iPhone to iPad ios7 but it says account transfer failed. I lost the game from the iphone as well :(

sister morphine
03-04-2014, 10:42 PM
It's some kind of justice for the robbed player is the way I see it. They get a laugh out of an attacker wasting a stamina point.

sister morphine
03-04-2014, 10:48 PM
The individual bit already exists. (beat 1 rival, beat 5 rivals, etc) it sounds like they're just making the leaderboard more transparent, so it doesn't change the core aspect of war being a syndicate event.
It's just a way to encourage more gold spending. This has been in KA for the last four wars.

To be clear, you get one extra prize based on your rank. The good thing is they usually have a modifier.

Ryan the Great8
03-04-2014, 11:00 PM
The transfer does not work for ios7. I was trying to transfer game from my iPhone to iPad ios7 but it says account transfer failed. I lost the game from the iphone as well :(

Worked perfect for me. I would recommend checking that both devices are updated to version 4.0 and both running iOS 7.0.6
Sign in with your Funzio id on the old device then complete the transfer information. Next do not log in on the new device, just go through transfer information for the new device.
Hopefully that helps and good luck getting back online.

RuckusX
03-05-2014, 12:49 AM
GREE knows what goes on in messaging apps and are trying to counter it by doing this. I wouldn't be surprised if GREE phased out syndicates all together.

Take away syndicates and they'll take the only thing holding me and others to the game. With the rivals list change, the only reason for me to build attack and defense is for War. The fellowship in the syndicate is a major reason why many stay. I doubt that will happen... but then again, this is Gree

(violence) vinniecc
03-05-2014, 01:16 AM
Guess I don't understand why after all these updates the issue with $1 thru $5 "robs" on buildings that have already been looted persist. You ask us to spend 10 gold to refill our stamina and then we hit buildings that produce virtually nothing. Seems horribly unfair.Algorithms I think are creating this dilemma!

westside187
03-05-2014, 01:59 AM
Hey mods!!, did u guys end up fixing android contributions board, or is that in next years plan?

primetime347
03-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Has the update happened yet? A&F said it would take place yesterday, the 4th. My android still says Im playing on version: 3.9.4... I tried to go into my apps and force an update, but theres not update option. Any advice????

Nighteg
03-05-2014, 04:10 AM
There is no update on Androids yet.

SammyTheBull
03-05-2014, 05:18 AM
Has the update happened yet? A&F said it would take place yesterday, the 4th. My android still says Im playing on version: 3.9.4... I tried to go into my apps and force an update, but theres not update option. Any advice????
My Android was updated yesterday. Clear App Data, that should initiate an update.

huff-n-puff
03-05-2014, 05:33 AM
I updated yesterday without even checking into it because I can't stand seeing notifications on my phone. I noticed no problems at all.

AppleMacGuy
03-05-2014, 06:38 AM

It seems that, on iOS at least, it is only partially fixed. I tested with an old account and the account transfer is ONE-WAY only. So, once you transfer to a new device, you CANNOT TRANSFER BACK TO THE OLD DEVICE - all my attempts to do so failed. This is not much use when, for example you want to move back and forth between an iPhone and iPad, like in the old days.

polly
03-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Did the 'clear data' thing to get game to update. Still did not update to the 4.0

Dat Guy
03-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Did the 'clear data' thing to get game to update. Still did not update to the 4.0

Same here Polly

rotmang
03-05-2014, 10:08 AM

Me to removed old data waited for new data push but stil the same!!!!!

Andrew Apple Maffia
03-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Hey guys,

Oh, also the thing where the newsfeed didn't show how much you were robbed for made it into 4.0

Good to read , thx

HaroldFinch
03-05-2014, 10:56 AM
The transfer does not work for ios7. I was trying to transfer game from my iPhone to iPad. ios7 but it says account transfer failed. I lost the game from the iphone as well :(
i got the exact same problem. I just send tickets to support. I been waiting for 1 week for account transfer. And still waiting. So frustrated

HaroldFinch
03-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Worked perfect for me. I would recommend checking that both devices are updated to version 4.0 and both running iOS 7.0.6
Sign in with your Funzio id on the old device then complete the transfer information. Next do not log in on the new device, just go through transfer information for the new device.
Hopefully that helps and good luck getting back online.
it didn't work for me. I got both devices at 7.06 and a CC 4.0. It failed transfer.

xRedfoxx
03-05-2014, 01:27 PM
I have been trying to get Gree to swap my account on an old iphone4 with a cracked screen to my new 5s. Nothing. However, the transfer worked perfectly for me after the update. So kudos to Gree for fixing this. I did upgrade the game on both phones to 4.0 before doing the transfer.

Vile Lynn
03-05-2014, 01:35 PM
how unexpected... /sarc

A forced update during a time sensitive event.

Leezygeezer
03-05-2014, 02:11 PM
I don't rob/pvp, I don't battle and I don't transfer, so please feel free to stick this update where the sun doesn't shine, one more step to cc retirement :)

mrgreen
03-05-2014, 02:16 PM
I don't rob/pvp, I don't battle and I don't transfer, so please feel free to stick this update where the sun doesn't shine, one more step to cc retirement :)
What do you do?

On another note......how many others have successfully transferred from iOS to iOS? Need to move my games to new phone and new iPad and don't want to lose them so close to battle....

MonteCitan
03-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Thank you for making lots of changes that don't help me at all.. Have you guys balanced the rivals list yet? If not I'm still not playing and you've still kept a previously good customer away.. 76% of a large number of votes on this issue say the rivals list change is NG.. And still high IPH players are the unlucky targets

westside187
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
just got a push update for android, it downloaded the same version lol

Mbjohnson26
03-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the update A&F!

ghetto69143
03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the post

mistech
03-05-2014, 09:31 PM
The Update Got Pushed To My Android Phone And The Game Is Not Working.

The 2 Times I Could Get Into The Game It Crashed And Restarted After Stalling Out For Like 5 Minutes. I Collected 1 Building And It Restarted The Last Time. I Can't Get Menu Open To File A Support Ticket! Trying To Finish Boss and Having Used Lot Of Gold Already.

Any Way To Revert Back To Prior Version So I Can Complete LTQ And Boss? Other Items To Try Or Thoughts To Help?

Thanks.

sister morphine
03-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Since updating to 4.0 I'm no longer getting news alerts. Is this intentional or another "feature"?

ilovegree
03-05-2014, 10:40 PM
thks AF :)

Leezygeezer
03-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Not that I need to justify how I play to anyone but I will answer merely because it amuses me to do so
1. I build/upgrade my hood and ltbs
2. I play raid boss
3. I play epic boss
4. I take part in ltq sltq

I gave up rob/pvp with the sh*tty new rivals list, I don't have an hour to search for someone I can actually rob who also actually has something worth robbing. That kind of time suck makes it unfun!

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
03-06-2014, 03:50 AM
Since updating to 4.0 I'm no longer getting news alerts. Is this intentional or another "feature"?

same

no news for robs, attacks or comments on wall

sunfire
03-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Hi A & F , but when can Gree fixed the LTQ ...killing of boss issue? Kills were done..but suddenly server error pops up..or the goal was finished with a tick and hang there. Once reboot ..the boss back to zero kill or less by 1 hit, i.e last hit not being captured, this is wasting our gold to refil the energy. I'm sure you have received the complaints but till now nothing has been done! Please resolve this ASAP Thankx

GavP
03-06-2014, 06:31 AM
[FONT=arial]Oh, also the thing where the newsfeed didn't show how much you were robbed for made it into 4.0

Yippeee! You fixed what you broke 1 month ago! Thanks you for fixing something you shouldn't have broken in the first place. This sooooo wants me to continue playing and buy $10,000 worth of gold.

Now you guys can take time off, and fix what this release will break after another couple of months.

GavP
03-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Hi A & F , but when can Gree fixed the LTQ ...killing of boss issue? Kills were done..but suddenly server error pops up..or the goal was finished with a tick and hang there. Once reboot ..the boss back to zero kill or less by 1 hit, i.e last hit not being captured, this is wasting our gold to refil the energy. I'm sure you have received the complaints but till now nothing has been done! Please resolve this ASAP Thankx

This will never get fixed!!! They're too busy scheming up LTQs that suck our money

Rodimus
03-06-2014, 07:40 AM
same

I knew I should've have listened to my instincts on this one! I'm getting the same results.

Gree, are your programmers intentionally causing problems just to stay busy in the office?

cmbrbb
03-06-2014, 10:46 AM

On iOS for free gold they made it so you watch one video and you get 1 free gold. Prior you had to watch 5 videos to get 1 free gold. So that a big improvement for iOS that Android already had.

same

I had the same issue and I closed the app and the news is coming up.

I knew I should've have listened to my instincts on this one! I'm getting the same results.

Gree, are your programmers intentionally causing problems just to stay busy in the office?

I had the same issue and I closed the app and the news is coming up.

bruner
03-06-2014, 12:09 PM
So I got the prompt in the middle of the LTQ to download the new version. I deleted the app and re-installed it and all my target went away. I closed the app and when I opened it back up, I got the same prompt. How do I donwload the new version.

p.s. I was on the last hit for Tilda

Tmax
03-06-2014, 02:46 PM
It says that a new update is available while loading, and I have no clue how to get onto the game! Please help.

Darwin
03-06-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm in exactly the same boat. I even went and uninstalled old version, went to App Store to get newest version from 1mobile... And I only have "new version available!" Please download the latest version of crime city RETRY.

Please fix this ASAP!

cocagy
03-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Can some one upload the apk file for crime city as i can't download it from google play

Zippy69
03-07-2014, 01:01 AM
It says that a new update is available while loading, and I have no clue how to get onto the game! Please help.

This happened to my 5Mil Att/Def account on my Old Mobile...

It's an old Samsung Galaxy Pro running Android 2.2.2 & I got an update message, which I accepted, as the auto updates have all worked in the past & now I have same message as the others above DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION But it's impossible to download...

A little digging & it appears that ANDROID 2.3.3 is NOW MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR GAME.....

***NOW A&F SHOULDN'T THAT HAVE BEEN PUT IN BOLD & CAPITALS AT THE START OF THIS THREAD***

Thanks GREE, for screwing up one of my strong accounts, just ahead of the Battle Event!
Especially pleased, as put a bit of gold on account yesterday to kill of one of the ridiculous level 10 Bosses!

NB: & Of course, when I try synching old phone with Samsung Kies. it keeps crashing for no reason... So I'm doubly screwed!!!

Will attempt to get GREE to transfer account to my wife's old iPhone4, so expect to hear back from Support in 2 months time...

DeaDGoD
03-07-2014, 01:19 AM
That widget y'all claim "never worked" always* worked for me. Please reinstate the widget.

*only time it didn't display accurately was when I immediately quit the app after accidentally loading it before it made it to "my hood".

Darwin
03-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Will a moderator please address the issue the kindle players are having.

The war begins soon and my level 120 23m attack player is in the ether.

I'm in a top syndicate, and you're not only screwing with me, but my whole team.

killerbee
03-07-2014, 09:48 AM
the android battle ip list or android lists in general guys please fix it... its been well over a year now .. seriously cant be that hard.

ohlo-00
03-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Android issue fixed? List of contributors/sort members by IP in battle??

coolwip
03-08-2014, 07:51 PM
My Samsung infuse is saying the game is not compatible with the updated. So my mini is dead now you need to do something about it. Can't get on my account to send a request.

ardiamonds
03-09-2014, 04:36 PM
well, I started a new hood, only three days old and built a syndicate to fight. 35k attack and am 11-3, but I need to know how to figure what the PA does and how to figure what I can beat. Not one match up have I been able to beat anyone without a PA, one team had five members with DL of 111k, how is that even fair? and yes it was on a four win streak, had three of four, so I used the gold I got on the 40% sale and took DL out, the second guy I still could not beat with PA and they were at 42k. the third guy was only lvl ten and I did beat him with PA and did that three times and won, despite gree and the match up, but if I had known how crapy the reward was I would not have done it! how do you expect a new player to like this game? this is my third hood and now I think I might just nuke them all. Gree you make me sad, not happy and happiness is what sells!